The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

On Monday, she's attending a coffee morning with Family Friends and opening the Kensington Aldridge Academy and the Kensington Leisure Centre.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Thank you! I got mixed up! Today was just Fostering Network. Monday is Family Friends- disabled children, the leisure center, and the school- possibly autism? Makes sense. Can you repost the announcement tweet?
Hhaa, I got a little mixed up too. Not by the dates and such but I had also paired the coffee with the fostering event so when they served tea and cakes I got a little confused :P

Old 01-16-2015, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

That's what happened here too. Good thing I got confused and paired them up, and had to come on for other things. I was going to skip the fostering event, and if I had, then I would have missed Monday.
FYI Family Friends seems to be a support group for disabled kids- some in foster care/ adoption. I checked.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge celebrates work of foster carers - BBC News
Old 01-16-2015, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

What a beautiful clip. I love her saying "your even chubbier that George" to the girl :P
Old 01-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I almost wish the newspapers would split the stories up- fashion and event. The DM story leads with paragraphs of the what she is wearing and then actual stuff from the engagement. We never see so much clothing details especially the price for any other British Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I think it's up to us (royal watchers) to pay attention to the actual work Catherine is doing. The media feels the only way to grab the young readers attention, is to come up with some major fashionable headline, and then follow up with the purpose of Catherine's official engagements. I guess, when it comes down to the young royals, back in the day and today, fashion is what the media focus more on. It takes nothing away from the important work senior female members of the royal family do though.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge celebrated the work of foster carers and the children they look after when she joined them for a tea party. Kate sat down to a mid morning snack of cup cakes and chocolate brownies with energetic youngsters and their foster carers as she learned about their efforts. The Duchess, who is six months pregnant, looked stylish in a dark brown Hobbs coat that showed a hint of her baby bump. .

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like that the BBC coverage had the young university student who had been in foster care sharing a little of her own experience. With the current number of 60,000 plus children in foster care across the UK I hope that some publicity will encourage others to consider becoming guardians.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Cupcakes and chocolate brownies hunh? My kind of snack! They looked yummy in the DM.
A real live + sugar = a recipe for hyper kids who think they are in heaven!
Bet she gets more when she visits Family Friends. Bet she won't mind!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
I like that the BBC coverage had the young university student who had been in foster care sharing a little of her own experience. With the current number of 60,000 plus children in foster care across the UK I hope that some publicity will encourage others to consider becoming guardians.
She was one of 2 receving Kate outside today, also in the briefing they had and when they said good bye and thank you she was the one who gave the memory box :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Cupcakes and chocolate brownies hunh? My kind of snack! They looked yummy in the DM.
A real live + sugar = a recipe for hyper kids who think they are in heaven!
Bet she gets more when she visits Family Friends. Bet she won't mind!
I can bet you anything she didn't take a bite :P (No, no diet humour). The royals kind of never do. They are always on the move at such events that they have eaten beforehand to be able to focus on the interacting.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I can bet you anything she didn't take a bite :P (No, no diet humour). The royals kind of never do. They are always on the move at such events that they have eaten beforehand to be able to focus on the interacting.
And no one wants her picture taken with a big ol' crumb of brownie hanging from her teeth!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
And no one wants her picture taken with a big ol' crumb of brownie hanging from her teeth!
I imagine there's also the security issue. If the protection people can't thoroughly investigate the source of the food, it's possible it could have be poisoned or even just not have been prepared in hygenic conditions and might make her ill.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I imagine there's also the security issue. If the protection people can't thoroughly investigate the source of the food, it's possible it could have be poisoned or even just not have been prepared in hygenic conditions and might make her ill.
True, I didn't even think that far. It looked like Emma (her RPO) was a little closer at times today than usual. The security might be heightened because of the general terror threats at the moment.

Can you imagine? Being a constant possible terrorist target? Bad enough not knowing if you're gonna be hit by a bus today. Even worse knowing that there could be bus drivers out there wanting to run you down...
Old 01-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Gentry

Jan.19 UK: Catherine Dss of Cambridge attends a coffee morning @ Family Friends Kensington (a voluntary organization providing befriending + mentoring services to families in deprived areas of the borough) [meets volunteers & gets an overview of the organization's work supporting vulnerable families]
Jan.19 UK: Catherine Dss of Cambridge formally opens the new school of Kensington Aldridge Academy
Jan.19 UK: Catherine Dss of Cambridge formally opens the new leisure centre of Kensington Leisure Centre
(information from the Royal Calendar)
Old 01-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
All the reasons mentioned+ not wanting to take a potty break.
I was talking more about the kids than the Duchess eating.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

There's a twitter rumor that they put Kate in the hospital yesterday and she is about to give birth. Surely it's too soon? Has anyone heard anything about this?
Old 01-17-2015, 03:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
There's a twitter rumor that they put Kate in the hospital yesterday and she is about to give birth. Surely it's too soon? Has anyone heard anything about this?
I have not heard this at all. Probably not at all true. It is technically possible since she is over 27 weeks but highly unlikely. The source?
Old 01-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't believe everything on Twitter. It will be announced that she in the hospital and in labor just like it was with George. Too many people would know if a royal is in a hospital so they don't even to try to keep it secret.

The more believable Twitter rumor is that W, K & G plus Pippa were spotted leaving London for Buckleberry yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Just a reminder that we don't encourage rumour-based discussion at TRF - especially in this day and age of social media. If you are quoting something off of Twitter, think about whether the source is reliable.

It is highly unlikely that Kate would be in hospital without an announcement being made shortly after. Further posts on this will be removed.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 23 mins 23 minutes ago
HRH will then formally open @KAA_Intrepidus Kensington Aldridge Academy and Kensington Leisure Centre @RBKC

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 25 mins 25 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge has a day of local engagements tomorrow starting with meeting families and volunteers @Family_Friends1

Royal visit at KAA | Kensington Aldridge Academy
Quote:
Kensington Aldridge Academy are pleased to announce that Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge is to attend the official opening of the school on Monday 19th January.

The Duchess will meet students, staff, governors and partners during a tour of the academy on this very exciting occasion. She will join some lessons, spend some time with students in the library and talk to the young entrepreneurs working in the Kensington Creates hub. Our staff and students will have a wonderful opportunity to showcase the quality of learning and incredible creativity that takes place every day in our amazing facilities. The royal visit will culminate in the unveiling of a plaque commemorating the formal opening of KAA.

The Duchess is also scheduled to open the neighbouring Kensington Leisure Centre, which replaces the former building where her husband Prince William and brother-in-law Prince Harry had swimming lessons at school. Once open in March 2015 Kensington Leisure Centre will host swimming lessons for our own KAA students.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duchess of Cambridge at @family_friends1, an organisation which places volunteers with families https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7tHcjcCQAAzX1n.jpg

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal The Duchess of Cambridge meets volunteers at Family Friends in Kensington. Volunteers are central to… http://instagram.com/p/yCD1E6qZIk/

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner The Duchess is meeting families who are mentored by the charity's volunteers https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7tLM-cIQAAxxtY.jpg

"Daily Mail": Is it boy number two for Kate? The Duchess of Cambridge steps out in baby blue for morning with volunteers in London

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Kate arriving at the Kensington Aldridge Academy https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7tUY4ICQAAVbWz.jpg

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duchess of Cambridge meets staff @KAA_Intrepidus https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7tW6T6CUAEg7_N.jpg

"Hello!": Duchess Kate brings her usual warmth to chilly day of public engagements in Kensington

"Getty Images": GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Attends Coffee Morning At Family Friends