The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Catherine_zps0c2e1a5e.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to The Duchess of Cambridge's
Current Events, Part 5

Commencing February 1, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 3m 3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @actnforchildren in #Smethwick on 18 Feb to see how they provide early support for vulnerable families

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 5h 5 hours ago
On 18th February The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Staffordshire and the West Midlands, including a visit to the Emma Bridgewater factory.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 3m 3 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @actnforchildren in #Smethwick on 18 Feb to see how they provide early support for vulnerable families

Great! I'll be here! Never can get enough of Catherine and children! I'll stock up on tissue!;)

More details of the visit - via Majesty Magazines Facebookpage.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Action for Children’s Cape Hill Children’s Centre, Smethwick.
Her Royal Highness will get an introduction to the charity and its work in providing early support for vulnerable families across the UK from staff and volunteers. The Duchess of Cambridge will then attend a private roundtable discussion with families who have accessed Action for Children services including the organisation's Sandwell Family Partners programme, which is based at the children’s centre. Her Royal Highness will then watch a play session and meet the children and parents who use Cape Hill Children’s Centre.

Background:
Action for Children is a national charity that supports and speaks out for the most vulnerable and neglected children and young people. It works with more than 300,000 children, young people, parents and carers each year at 650 services based in the heart of communities across the UK. It was founded in 1869 by Methodist minister, Reverend Thomas Bowman Stephenson.

The charity runs Cape Hill Children’s Centre in Smethwick on behalf of Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council. Cape Hill is one of seven children’s centres run by the charity in Sandwell. Action for Children operates more than 200 children’s centres across England.

As the 12th most deprived local authority in England, Sandwell has large numbers of vulnerable children and high levels of neglect, mental health issues, abuse and dysfunctional family units.
Through centres, satellite community venues and mobile outreach the charity delivers a range of programmes that support over 8,000 local children and their families. These programmes include child and family health services, antenatal support, speech and language therapy, family learning and childcare, adult education and employment advice as well as support for children and parents with special needs and mental health issues or families who have experienced or witnessed domestic abuse.

Cape Hill Children’s Centre also houses Action for Children's Sandwell Family Partners, a major intensive early support programme for families with children at risk of neglect.

It really feels like she's shopping around for new patronages. They all seem so up her alley! :)

Couldn't agree more! So up her alley! Wonderful! So going to need tissue!

Catherine is definitely going down the route of helping vulnerable and deprived children and their families and this is an excellent and well worth cause to get involved in. I am very happy for her to shop around or seek out some new and interesting patronages where she will feel her involvement will benefit the most.
I am looking forward to these visits.

Catherine is definitely going down the route of helping vulnerable and deprived children and their families and this is an excellent and well worth cause to get involved in. I am very happy for her to shop around or seek out some new and interesting patronages where she will feel her involvement will benefit the most.
I am looking forward to these visits.
I agree. First of all, she is SOOOOO good with children. And it's also such a worthy cause. So many adult troubles would diminish if the children problems are taken care of the right way! I am looking forward to it as well!

Is there any news when will Kate's next event be, will she have one more event before she takes leave?

I expect we will see her a couple of times in public before Catherine takes maternity leave.
I think one of her last public performances will be on St. Patrick's Day on March 17th.
But I would still love to see her and William on Easter Sunday, April 5th, at Windsor with other members of the Royal Family. That would be 3 or 4 weeks before her due date.
I don't think that will happen, but one can hope...:flowers:

I expect we will see her a couple of times in public before Catherine takes maternity leave.
I think one of her last public performances will be on St. Patrick's Day on March 17th.
But I would still love to see her and William on Easter Sunday, April 5th, at Windsor with other members of the Royal Family. That would be 3 or 4 weeks before her due date.
I don't think that will happen, but one can hope...:flowers:
I think it depends on when she is due. If she is due early April, I don't think she will do the St. Patrick's engagement. It would be too close to her due date. Especially since kids can come any time those 2 weeks before. She wouldn't want to risk going into labour, and even if she doesn't go into labor she will probably have braxton hicks contractions (fake cotractions) and many other things. So if she is almost due, I don't think she will be there. But if she is due late April I think it is a possibility.

I really doubt they would go to the easter engagement. Especially since they haven't gone before, they won't start this year. Just as I don't think they will choose this year to start going to ascot.

I think it depends on when she is due. If she is due early April, I don't think she will do the St. Patrick's engagement. It would be too close to her due date. Especially since kids can come any time those 2 weeks before. She wouldn't want to risk going into labour, and even if she doesn't go into labor she will probably have braxton hicks contractions (fake cotractions) and many other things. So if she is almost due, I don't think she will be there. But if she is due late April I think it is a possibility.

I really doubt they would go to the easter engagement. Especially since they haven't gone before, they won't start this year. Just as I don't think they will choose this year to start going to ascot.

Do you think she will be at Trooping the Colour this year? I certainly hope so.

Do you think she will be at Trooping the Colour this year? I certainly hope so.
I kind of think so. It's mid june, right? Meaning it will be 2-2½ months since the birth. I think maybe she will do trooping but not garter? Or maybe both. But unless there are complications, I think she will do Trooping. What do you think? :)

I think Kate will be at the Trooping and.... I hope George makes his first balcony appearance at the trooping this year.

Trooping is Sat. June 13 with Garter Day on the Monday afterwards. So if the baby comes towards the end of April, it would be around 6 to 7 weeks afterwards. I think both events are do able pending no complications from the delivery since Kate isn't an active participant in both ceremonies.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think she may attend those events. They will maybe be her first official engagement while still on maternity leave.

If the baby is only 6 or 7 weeks old and Kate is breastfeeding then I don't think she will attend TTC or the Garter. I think we will see very little of her during the summer season in general.

If the baby is only 6 or 7 weeks old and Kate is breastfeeding then I don't think she will attend TTC or the Garter. I think we will see very little of her during the summer season in general.
I think she will turn up. They have the baby with probably to trooping, but it stays inside. George was about a month when she did her first engagement (spontaneous, low key) and about 1½ months when she went to a red carpet event (Tusk gala). So I don't find it too strange if she shows up at trooping.

Also, Diana was present at state openings and trooping close after birth. I think that they won't plan usual engagements but if your health is up to par your are expected to be at family/big occations. I could see her just doing trooping and not garter, like when she was pregnant with George.

I think if she attends the trooping it may only be for the balcony appearance. I don't know how comfortable one of those carriages would be so soon after giving birth.

I think if she attends the trooping it may only be for the balcony appearance. I don't know how comfortable one of those carriages would be so soon after giving birth.
Haha, good point. That may be possible, depending on how things have "settled" for her.

I think she will be at the Trooping and possible Garter ceremony.

On Wednesday 11 March The Duchess of Cambridge will visit @resortstudios - a vibrant arts organisation based in Cliftonville #Margate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the Goring's 105th birthday today. Long association with the BRF

I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5 min5 minuti fa
The Duchess of Cambridge visited @TheGoring Hotel today. The hotel unveiled their newly refurbished design

ColdstreamGuardsBand ‏@ColdstreamBand 51 min51 minuti fa

Formed up at @TheGoring hotel for the arrival of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge #royalty #armylife #london
https://twitter.com/ColdstreamBand/status/572376779433902080/photo/1

This tweet appears to have been deleted.

Further tweets appearing confirming visit!

I wonder if this one can be considered an official engagement:whistling:

Well, certainly it was official for the Coldstream Guards. :lol: And don't they look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom