Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 15: October 2009-December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Sarah has been too busy whining about her terrible life while partying with less than honorable wealth celebs as they can provide her with a free ride.

To be fair to Sarah, she hasn't spoken to the media since the Oprah interview, so it's not accurate to state that she's been whining about her life. Also the statement about celebs...how do we know they're "less than honourable"?

I suppose Sarah could have done some charity work, but would charities want her as a spokesperson at this time? That's part of her problem right now. Sarah has lost too much credibility for any company or charity to want to be associated with her name, and her name is really all she's been living off.

PA said he would take care of all her non-US debt, so I guess he's a man of his word.

I don't condone Sarah's doings, but I do feel sad for her. What a life she might have had if only she had behaved. A lesson for all of us.

I agree with rmay286. What charity would want her...

What she needs is financial rehab; the sooner the better.

If someone has their own company I am sure they would be happy to correct me or fill in any missing holes.
You are correct Zonk. We have set up several LLC's to limit our liability. Especially with rental property and tenants suing.

A beautiful bride indeed, but not a beautiful Sarah.

There are a myriad of photos available to see on the Isifa website too (isifa.com). I'd post them, however I don't hold an account- sorry! Besides the girls and Sarah you can see shots of other Ferguson family members including Eliza (Sarah's other half-sister) who I guess was Alice's bridesmaid, her stepmother Sue and her nephew Seamus Makim. There is a photo of Sarah and Eugenie talking to Andrew (Sarah's half-brother) but his head is down and partly obscured by Eugenie's fascinator.

Alice was lucky to have been blessed with a lovely sunny day. She looked radiant.

Yes indeed, a very beautiful bride. I see though that between this one and the Greek Royal Wedding and, also, Autumn Phillips' wedding gown that lace bolero jackets seem to be what is *the* fashion for Brides these days.

Not that I'm complaining, as a Bolero Jacket is one of my favourite styles. :)

It's been reported many times that she gets these holidays for free.

Hi..

really she gets these holiday for free... I never gets free for my vacations/holidays.. I always paid for it...

Hi karla64

My guess is that the actual vacation is free, but Sarah or someone would have to pay for the extras...the cost of the first-class flights, the fees for all the extra baggage, the limos, the clothes and the thank-you or birthday gifts, etc.

Sarah has some "friends" in high places, like the owner of where ever she stays, will let her stay for free. They will also ferry her around from the airport, to anywhere else Sarah needs to go. She'll get someone to lend her a jet, someone to give her a birthday present to give if it's a party and she won't bother sending a thank you note.
All her clothes will be gifts or something she has bought with the money she has earned from her books.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have evidence I suppose to claim that she doesn't send thank-you notes or is this just a further attempt to vilify a woman who is a (along with over 700,000 other Brits and probably more Americans of the GFC) when she is down.

Why put 'friends' uin inverted commas?

To me real friends are the ones who help you in exactly these circumstances - when you need it most so these people who are helping her stay part of their circle are true friends.

From what I've read, Sarah is really big on sending thank you notes, birthday cards, trinkets and whatnot. How else would she have run up such a huge bill with the Royal Mail service? :whistling:

I do agree with you that anything Sarah does and/or has right now is grace and favor through friends. Must be nice.

You have evidence I suppose to claim that she doesn't send thank-you notes or is this just a further attempt to vilify a woman who is a (along with over 700,000 other Brits and probably more Americans of the GFC) when she is down.

Why put 'friends' uin inverted commas?

Do you have any evidence to say that she does send Thank You notes?
It's not like Sarah reads this, or cares what my opinion is of her.

From what I've read, Sarah is really big on sending thank you notes, birthday cards, trinkets and whatnot. How else would she have run up such a huge bill with the Royal Mail service? :whistling:

I do agree with you that anything Sarah does and/or has right now is grace and favor through friends. Must be nice.

I've never read anything that says that, is there an article somewhere or something?
But yeah that royal mail bill is suspicious. :D

A friend of mine had a job in Easons bookshop in Dublin years ago, Sarah was signing copies of a Little Red book, and it happened to be the week of her birthday. Anyway the staff made a bit of an effort and got a cake made and iced matching the design on the cover of her book. They brought kids in the queue to the top to sing happy birthday to her when she arrived and gave her the cake.
The following week the staff did get a thank you card with a lovely note from her, and some sort of hamper.
Not sure if that's still typical of Sarah.

Do you have any evidence to say that she does send Thank You notes?
It's not like Sarah reads this, or cares what my opinion is of her.

I have no evidence one way or the other but I certainly wouldn't make a statement that says something negative about someone without evidence.

Again - where is the evidence that Sarah doesn't read this board? For all we know she might even post here. We make assumptions that no royals or ex-royals are on here but we have no evidence to that they do or don't read here. We know that most, if not all of them, are reasonably computer savvy so it wouldn't surprise me if they did read here at least - just for the laughs at what we think about them and claim to know about them anyway.

I was always taught 'if you can't say something nice about someone say nothing unless you have proof positive of the not nice thing' and I try to stick to that so when someone makes a comment like she won't bother sending a thank you note I challenge that comment as it is a comment that implies direct knowledge. Had the word 'probably' been put in there then it would have been clearly your opinion but you stated it as a fact and thus I challenged it.

I too have read, over the years, that she is big on sending thank-you trinkets etc, from a range of sources. It is one of the reasons why she got into such debt but as HRH The Duchess of York and since the divorce as Sarah, Duchess of York.

I'm only a couple of years younger than Sarah and when we were brought up it was considered to be proper manners to send thank you notes to people who had given you gift or done something nice for you. How many would you guess a note would cost to post? Certainly not a lot of money. Sending thank you notes isn't breaking the bank.

In the last couple of years I've given two women one was a co-worker, the other was the daughter in law of a co-worker baby gifts. No one thank me when I gave it to them nor did they even acknowledge the gifts. I remember giving the daughter in law of a co-worker some baby gifts and she took it from me, never thanked me for it, handed it over to another person who put it in the back seat of the car. The car drove off Barely acknowledged my presence. I was mortified as I would NEVER EVER do this to someone.

I've noticed this trend too over the past decade or so of not sending out thank you notes for things. Like you, I was also raised that this was the correct thing to do. Just as letter writing I think has fallen by the wayside with the computer era and fast emails, perhaps the thank you note has gone the same way.

From reading in various books about Diana and Sarah though, it is something I think the both of them were very big on and so is Camilla. Diana was huge on leaving thank you notes for people in her service as well as recognizing the little things folks did for her. With Sarah being such a giving person, I'd think that's how her mail bill got so huge. One thing Sarah is NOT is a gimmee grabby type of a person and self centered.

:previous:Russo was a bit hit and miss when it came to sending out thank you notes. When I read that Princess Diana did it all the time, I thought, you know, I can do that too. And people are absolutely floored when you do in this day and age. Really. Sad state of affairs things have come to in this world.
I'd wager a good bottle of Merlot that Sarah reads these boards and she might even post, Russo has a theory on that as well. . . . :whistling:

However, we are in the current events for Miss Ferguson and Russo is wondering, since she went to her sister's (yes, half) wedding, is she out and about? Or holed up mulling things over again??

It seems Sarah is getting professional help albeit in front of the cameras.

It's being reported that Sarah's show on Oprah's channel is about teen abandonment. She meets with professionals in a six part series.
If this is done in a good format it could be interesting and maybe, just maybe she will get something out of it as well as earning good money.

'Abandoned' Duchess of York finds lucrative healing process with Oprah Winfrey - Telegraph

Oprah wants Sarah Ferguson show about teen abandonment for OWN - NYPOST.com?

It is something that could be very cheesy, but equally with the correct approach and the right people involved it really could work.

Here are some more pics of Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie at the wedding yesterday. What a beautiful bride!

** zimbio gallery: Alice Ferguson Gets Married **

Daily Mail article:

** Just follow me, girls. It’s Fergie and the fascinators as the Duchess of York enjoys a family wedding with Beatrice and Eugenie **

What a wonderful wonderful wedding!! Everyone looked so beautiful, the girls in particular. And look how beautiful Sarah smiles. The day will come and she will smile as The Duchess again. I believe, no matter what some people say.

With all due respect, how do you know that it was a wonderful wedding, Isabel? You were there too?!

Oh ok. Kindly excuse my curiosity. You see, I've read many of your posts and you usually talk about Sarah and the girls as if you know them personally. I understand now. :)

A friend of mine had a job in Easons bookshop in Dublin years ago, Sarah was signing copies of a Little Red book, and it happened to be the week of her birthday. Anyway the staff made a bit of an effort and got a cake made and iced matching the design on the cover of her book. They brought kids in the queue to the top to sing happy birthday to her when she arrived and gave her the cake.
The following week the staff did get a thank you card with a lovely note from her, and some sort of hamper.
Not sure if that's still typical of Sarah.

i met Sarah at that book signing in easons and at her last signing (Ruby). as it happened a friend of mine, who i had met when i was living in the uk, flew over from london for the signing and had met Sarah many times. this friend is an avid fan of sarah's and sarah recognised her, called to her assistant to tell her that my friend was there! we then got to have a lovely chat with her and when my friend returned to the uk she received a boquet of flowers and a thank you note from Sarah! Generous to a fault i would say!
incidentally Sarah was interviewed by the Expose team on TV3 at the signing and she interupted the interview when she saw my friend, to say hello!
the pic is me meeting Sarah

Attachments

• diana 038.jpg
    diana 038.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 166
Really lovely photo of yourself and Sarah irishdi, really glad she spotted ye after the effort ye made to be there. I do actually remember her waving at someone when she was on Expose. When the Cash for Access story broke Pat Kenny discussed it on his radio show, and he was very complimentary to Sarah, said he had interviewed on a few occasions and that she was a lovely woman.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if she is on the Late Late Show in the coming months, I'm sure Ryan Tubridy will be trying to get an interview.
I think she would like his style of interview.

Awesome picture irishdi!! You both look so lovely and happy!:) I'm glad you had a good time with her.

Daily Mail reported that Sarah and Beatrice attended a charity bash on Friday night in Ascot. Prince Harry was also present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom