Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eugenie is a royal. What ever she does is going to represent the family good or bad. It's a shame her and Beatricecdint get more recognition for their work. By the media and their family. It would cost nothing to include them in the cc.

Remember the balcony a few years back? Charles has a very specific view of what the RF is supposed to look like going forward, this is why the York girls don't get anywhere near the same credit as the Cambridges. During the special Olympics Eugenie and Kate both gave out medals at the exact same event and only Kate got credit for it. Add to this the Cambridge's low counts when it comes to their duties and you don't want to prop up the York girls. They wouldn't reach triple digits but it'd look bad if they can do even half of what the Cambridge's are doing.

"We are delighted to announce that Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York is now Royal Patron of the European School of Osteopathy."

https://www.eso.ac.uk/royal-patron-announced/

Sounds like the perfect task for her. She has her own experience with backbone problems, so she should have a natural empathy for people with similar diseases. A good patron for an institute that teaches someone to find creative solutions.

I never tried osteopathy myself, but I heard a lot about.

And of course, congratulations! Sorry, I'm late.

Eugenie is a royal. What ever she does is going to represent the family good or bad. It's a shame her and Beatricecdint get more recognition for their work. By the media and their family. It would cost nothing to include them in the cc.

Okay rant aside good news. Definitely a perfect patronage for her. She has been involved in visits and similar work for years :flowers:

Exactly its not going to cost more to put the activities in the CC and if the Queen and her advisors want less press coverage about the Yorks it might actually help to show people they are doing these things. I also don't why Beatrice cant get the full package since there is no one in the position of Duchess of York so she could get money and perks that I presume is set in place for the wife of the Duke.

That's not what I meant.
I meant, does this mean she is a working Royal like Anne or Sophie?

Or is this something she is doing entirely on her own, apart from the Queen and the rest of the BRF, more like the patronages Beatrice takes on?

Is Eugenie's status now more like Beatrice, or more like Anne?

That's not what I meant.
I meant, does this mean she is a working Royal like Anne or Sophie?

Or is this something she is doing entirely on her own, apart from the Queen and the rest of the BRF, more like the patronages Beatrice takes on?

Is Eugenie's status now more like Beatrice, or more like Anne?

Beatrice. Eugenie is a royal and she is their patron. But she isn't their royal patron, she's not representing HM.

They announced her as their 'Royal Patron' which means that is exactly what she is.

The Queen would have approved that position for her, just as she has for Beatrice but she isn't allowing their work for their patronages to be recognised in the CC.

That means that any expenses the girls have to do with their patronages is paid for by HM personally rather than using the Sovereign Grant to cover those expenses.

Neither of these girls are going to be working royals like Anne or Kate. That isn't what Charles or William want in the future. The idea of cousins working for the Firm are in the past - siblings yes but not the children of the siblings.

I know all about the 'streamlining' Charles is supposed to want, but it does seem unfair for the York princesses. There's just been a lovely picture of Princess Alexandra released for her 80th birthday, jewels a-gleaming. But Alexandra is the grandchild of a long-dead Monarch, and the York princesses granddaughters of a current Monarch. I have my doubts that Eugenie cares too much, but Beatrice IMO would like to be part of the Royal family's engagements. Just look how much care she took to look the part on Maundy Thursday in York years ago. Alexandra and the three granddaughters in law (Katharine, Birgitte and Marie Christine) have jewels aplenty and have always looked the part; B&E barely have the odd set of earrings and a string bracelet.

Just MO.

We don't know what jewels the York girls have as we have never seen them at a formal royal function. They may have a heap of them but just no where to wear them.

The days of 4000+ engagements per year I think are drifting away.

I do think Beatrice would do a lovely job as a royal worker but ... her track record of sticking to a job for very long is poor so it is possible that she wouldn't do very much even on the 'royal payroll'.

Cutting back the number of working royals has the added bonus of cutting back the expenses of the royal workers and thus increasing the amount in the Soveriegn Grant for the maintenance of the royal palaces.

Interestingly this year has been very quiet for either of the girls regarding unofficial duties - Beatrice normally averages around 3 a month of the type of engagement that would be in the CC for say Kate but she has 1 for the year that I have been able to record and Eugenie much the same.

They announced her as their 'Royal Patron' which means that is exactly what she is.

The Queen would have approved that position for her, just as she has for Beatrice but she isn't allowing their work for their patronages to be recognised in the CC.

That means that any expenses the girls have to do with their patronages is paid for by HM personally rather than using the Sovereign Grant to cover those expenses.

Neither of these girls are going to be working royals like Anne or Kate. That isn't what Charles or William want in the future. The idea of cousins working for the Firm are in the past - siblings yes but not the children of the siblings.

I'm not sure she really is their "Royal Patron". I think they may have ignorantly mislabeled her thinking, "She's a royal so she's our royal patron!". Kind of like how charities bragged about being linked to "Princess Diana", even though Diana was never "Princess Diana". So "Royal Patron" might actually be "our Patron, Princess Eugenie of York".

I also doubt they're HM dependent on the funding. If so, they'll be dropping these patronages once Charles becomes King as I don't see him spending his private money on the Yorks.

I know all about the 'streamlining' Charles is supposed to want, but it does seem unfair for the York princesses. There's just been a lovely picture of Princess Alexandra released for her 80th birthday, jewels a-gleaming. But Alexandra is the grandchild of a long-dead Monarch, and the York princesses granddaughters of a current Monarch. I have my doubts that Eugenie cares too much, but Beatrice IMO would like to be part of the Royal family's engagements. Just look how much care she took to look the part on Maundy Thursday in York years ago. Alexandra and the three granddaughters in law (Katharine, Birgitte and Marie Christine) have jewels aplenty and have always looked the part; B&E barely have the odd set of earrings and a string bracelet.

Just MO.

Does Beatrice even have pierced ears? I thought I read once that she didn't.

Congratulations to Eugenie :flowers:

Of course the fail focuses on her social life instead. Even when the holiday stories are from two years ago :bang: just like when the only pr Beas charity trios get are us when they can spin a holiday or party story. In New York to present an UN award gets turned into dinner out with designer.

"A rare opportunity to catch a candid conversation with HRH Princess Eugenie at China Exchange"

60 Minutes with HRH Princess Eugenie at China Exchange | Chinatown London

"Princess Eugenie, gave a speech at the China Exchange in London on Wednesday
The Duke of York's youngest daughter admits she is a fan of the Netflix drama
Also shrugged off suggestions she is lazy, insisting she 'works really hard'
Last year the royal was widely criticised for taking eight trips in 15 months"

Princess Eugenie admits she loves Netflix drama The Crown | Daily Mail Online

Princess Eugenie hosts the UNAIDS gala in Basel

Princess Eugenie is all smiles at glitzy fundraising gala | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Eugenie has every reason in the world to be proud of her accomplishments and for anyone to denigrate her, its a sign of a weak and feeble mind that lacks basic human compassion. All I had to do is see the name Sebastian Shakespeare in the link title and know the man behind the words doesn't measure up to much.

What I love with the press is that they don't even know what Eugenie's job entails. If my failing memory serves me correctly she was accused of being 'on holidays' when she went to somewhere in the US. In that same city there was a major art exhibition or auction about to happen. To the press it was a 'holiday' but to an art gallery it was highly likely that they sent someone out to look things over with either an idea to buy, or to recommend to a buyer - the sort of job that Eugenie would be doing.

How many other occasions did her 'holidays' also include such events. If the exhibition or auction was on a Friday then why not stay for the weekend.

(I remember a few years back there was an inservice course for teachers with an overseas visitor travelling around the state to make things more accessible for our country cousins. My father was still living in one of the towns where the speaker was going to speak and so my school agreed that they would pay for me to attend the event in that town - same cost as if I was to go to the event closer to home - as it meant an extra night with my father. Did I have a holiday because I was seen out for dinner with my father on the Thursday night miles from where I teach? or was it a work place being worker friendly at no extra cost to them?)

I suspect that some of Eugenie's holidays are exactly that - working events in overseas venues.

Congratulations to Eugenie on her promotion!

Honestly, who would blame her if she tacked on an extra day for personal time at the end of a work week. Especially if the work ended on a Friday, and she personally paid the difference for her hotel and airfare for the Saturday/Sunday stay. I have done it myself.

But of course that would never make sense for the Daily Mail readers. I haven't read the comments but I have a feeling what they they are commenting on. How can you get a promotion if she is always on vacation...it's a shame she took the job from someone who deserves it...never mind that they are always saying that she should get a job!

Princess Eugenie hosts the UNAIDS gala in Basel

The DM has her down as a 'flame haired' princess. Hmmm... wrong princess.

They also call her 'The Princess of York'. Wrong again, DM.

Good for her; she looked very nice.

The DM has her down as a 'flame haired' princess. Hmmm... wrong princess.

They also call her 'The Princess of York'. Wrong again, DM.

Good for her; she looked very nice.

The article in the DM on the 24th about Beatrice at Ascot said she had brunette tresses so apparently the people writing don't know who is who or what they look like.

I highly doubt the queen cared. No royal save the queen attends every day of Ascot. Bea abd Eugenie attended plenty. And as we are often reminded, they aren't working royals. I highly doubt it occurred to Eugenie to even speak to her grandmother about it not less ask permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newcastle lecturer claims Princess Eugenie was rejected | Daily Mail Online

This isn't going to be good. Firstly, important to note the university lecturer was speaking at a conference for the anti-monarchy group "Republic" so I don't think even the Daily Fail can say he is objective.

More interesting to me is how the Yorks manage this, Sarah and Andrew have not been shy in making formal complaints to the Independent Press Standards Organisation. It could well though open a can of worms.

That man could not have picked a worse Royal example if he was trying to drum up anti=monarchist sympathies.

Eugenie works full-time in a profession that she actually went to school for. From all accounts, she's a down-to-earth young lady with a sunny disposition and puts on no airs.

If her Newcastle student contemporaries were unhappy about her being there, it would have surfaced in the press long ago.

Finally, isn't student information like that considered Confidential? The former school official whom the lecturer refers to as "The Italian" has a lot to answer for, if indeed any of this is true. The lecturer might well be speaking through his hat as he knows that school officials will not confirm or deny anything particular to one student's academic details.

Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-

Don't think her application said Princess Eugenie of York from Sandringham either.

The article even says that to get into the course Eugenie did she needed to pass her A-levels with AAB which is exactly what she did get.

The younger royals have all gone to universities based on results and not names - unlike both Charles and Edward, neither of whom had the passes to go to Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom