Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the Eugenies of the world who need to justify living in royal palaces, not William and Catherine or Charles and Camilla.

For William and Catherine large palaces come as one of the perks of being 2nd in line to the throne.

It's the Eugenies of the world who need to justify living in royal palaces, not William and Catherine or Charles and Camilla.

For William and Catherine large palaces come as one of the perks of being 2nd in line to the throne.

One justification in my book would be that the residences in the palaces is far better security wise. Even if Eugenie is not a working member of the "Firm", she is still a princess and the granddaughter of the monarch and would be far more of a target than an ordinary Ms. Smith renting an apartment somewhere. Andrew does pay for their protection officers out of his own pocket but security for a residence is also a good thing in my book. Where she resides isn't a perk really but a sensible move.

It is not really that Princess Eugenie has Kensington Palace for use, she is "only" resident of one of the royal appartments created in that sprawling building. To me it looks fabulous to have an appartment in such a historic building in the centre of London.

Nothing is putting her "wedding" plans on hold. They could simply stay at Royal Lodge until their KP home is ready.

KP have to get in fine shape and some of those offices will have to move. Especially if Harry and his future wife is looking for a bigger p,ace there.

Princess Eugenie of York Current Events 6: April 2010-

There is a back log at KP, the older royals have not started to die off yet. Basically, it's only Margaret that is gone. Then you have the grandkids starting to get married and have kids. The various cottages are okay for newlyweds but will be too small once the kids come. Even if the older royals do pass in the next couple of years, the large apartments will probably need the same treatment that Apt 1a got to redo the plumbing, wiring and asbestos removal.

Larger load of hog wash then normal :bang:

I am sorry but no one is going to fight over a few thousand pounds. Total bs. If there is mould, it would be no question of the need to remove it. We're not talking multi million face lift like the Cambridges, simply changing it back into a residence. And mould us something you wouldn't argue over. Even if it remained offices, or unused, the mould needs to be taken care of. Damp and mould, if they just leave it, will cause more damage. If there is even an issue, and that too us not some dreamed up turmoil too.

I think it is dreamed up!
Everyone knows that buildings require maintenance. As you say, they need to deal with the damp whether Eugenie lives there or not.

And why shouldn't she? It's not like Jane Smith can move in! It makes the security simpler if the palace is occupied by members of the RF, whether or not they are working members.

The back log should continue for awhile. The Gloucesters and the Michaels are only a few years older than Charles/Camilla. Even if The Duke and Duchess of Kent pass in the next couple of years, Harry and Beatrice would both get dibs on Wren House before Eugenie.

I actually think Ivy Cottage might work even after children are born. It has 3 bedrooms, they could comfortably fit 2 kids. And they could always go to the sprawling Royal Lodge on the weekends.

The Daily Mail didn't create the Eugenie engagement story. It was Camilla Tominey at the Express who first reported it.

This story reads like Ms. Tominey had to come up with something to explain the fact Eugenie did not announce an engagement in 2016 as she expected. What does a house needing renovations have to do with wedding plans? It's not like they would be homeless without the KP cottage.

:previous: supposedly Andrew is so pissed about having to pay a few grand to remove mould, he isn't willing to pay for a wedding. Or maybe if Andrew doesn't agree to pay for mould, the queen won't let Eugenie use one of her estates to host the wedding, so negotiations are on going. This load of bs is a tad vague.

IMO, since the article relating Eugenie's wedding plans to potential renovations at KP is from the Daily Fail, there's probably little truth about it. They always seem to want to make a negative stories about the Yorks and since there's been no official info about an engagement for Eugenie, this story is all that the Fail could slap together.

This story reads like Ms. Tominey had to come up with something to explain the fact Eugenie did not announce an engagement in 2016 as she expected.

Yep, I think this is the reason. They are determined to make stories around Eugenie's engagement, even when it has been denied. Eventually they'll be right, I guess...

It's not from the Daily Mail. It's all from Camilla Tominey from the Express. The Daily Mail article actually mentions the Sunday Express article

I think it is dreamed up!
Everyone knows that buildings require maintenance. As you say, they need to deal with the damp whether Eugenie lives there or not.

And why shouldn't she? It's not like Jane Smith can move in! It makes the security simpler if the palace is occupied by members of the RF, whether or not they are working members.

My interpretation of the article is that the sticking point is with doing the required maintenace sooner than currently scheduled. Apparently blocks of rooms/areas are all worked on at the same time for cost savings and to do a one off just for Ivy Cottage would cost more than following the schedule. If that be the case, then I can see the rationale of expecting the person asking for a special accomodation to foot the bill for it - if, indeed there is any truth to the story.
I do think being on KP grounds is a nice fit for Eugenie as she's carved out a career based in London and is close w/ Harry, so I hope things are sorted out for her.

My interpretation of the article is that the sticking point is with doing the required maintenace sooner than currently scheduled. Apparently blocks of rooms/areas are all worked on at the same time for cost savings and to do a one off just for Ivy Cottage would cost more than following the schedule. If that be the case, then I can see the rationale of expecting the person asking for a special accomodation to foot the bill for it - if, indeed there is any truth to the story.
I do think being on KP grounds is a nice fit for Eugenie as she's carved out a career based in London and is close w/ Harry, so I hope things are sorted out for her.

I see what you're saying, but the reality is that when you're dealing with heritage buildings (really, any buildings, but restoration of heritage buildings is so pricey once the damage occurs), you need to deal with damp/mould when it happens, not on a schedule. When I was renting, I'd have been beyond pissed if a landlord told me they wouldn't deal with a time-sensitive issue because it wasn't on their schedule.

Basically, the people who look after the occupied royal palaces need to deal with it because that's what you do when you have damp in a historic building. You look after it before it becomes damage to the fabric of the building and the cost to fix it blows up exponentially. This really has nothing to do with Eugene. They're being terrible property managers.

From the Daily Express article: the caption under the photo of Jack with Eugenie, who is wearing a white dress, actually says that they announced their engagement last year! Princess Eugenie's wedding plans delayed due to cost of renovating home | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Look at the author, Camilla Tominey. The so called reporter who broke the news last fall :whistling:

Camilla tried to claim Sarah going to buckingham palace was to talk wedding plans with the queen. Ever since she has been coming up with excuses to explain why the phantom engagement hasn't been announced. First was because she didn't want to upset a newly single Beatrice. Now it is renovations.

And the daily fail is so anxious not to be left in the dust, they keep reprinting her lies. And they both look like idiots.

Basically they are sure a proposal will come eventually. So they make up excuses why announcement is delayed. So when it is announced Camilla can say see I was right all along, and was first to say it. And if like Beatrice, Eugenie breaks up, they will spin it. They don't call it a break up but a broken engagement, and claim all the delays in the wedding caused stress

I don't understand why they haven't announced their engagement yet.
After all, they have been together seven years now! They are hardly rushing into marriage.

(I hope they don't end like Beatrice and Dave Clark, splitting up after a decade together).

Myself I don't understand these long periods of 'dating' without engagements or marriage. If you don't know enough by the first year or two about the person and whether or not that this is the person you want to spend your life with not sure what another 5 or more years will determine.

LaRae

I think it's a hard process for children who's parents divorced. No child wants to repeat the same mistakes of their parents marriage. It's about being careful and jumping the broom when you feel totally ready for it. Look how much practice the Cambridge's put in before they made it official.

I think it's a hard process for children who's parents divorced. No child wants to repeat the same mistakes of their parents marriage. It's about being careful and jumping the broom when you feel totally ready for it.

Well, you know what Jane Austen said about that! :flowers:

Love the bit about the George Clooney connection- hope he's invited to the wedding if there is one!

Myself I don't understand these long periods of 'dating' without engagements or marriage. If you don't know enough by the first year or two about the person and whether or not that this is the person you want to spend your life with not sure what another 5 or more years will determine.

LaRae

Age plays a huge role. Yes seven years, but she us twenty six. The days when marrying young was the norm have passed. Should she have married when she was in university? Some people simply don't see any Rush.

Has it occurred to you that maybe they are waiting to see how living in the same country as adults for more than a year affects them? The first three plus years of their relationship she was a college student. Yes technically an adult but in a very different mind set. Not to mention the over a year she spent in New York.

I laugh the sane people who think Harry should not be rushed want to rush Eugenie. And yes, at her age, and stage in life, it is. She is settling back in London, into a new job, into more patrinages, into adult life. That is a lot of changes for any one. Taking on marriage and kids is just another change and pressure to take on.

No need for her to feel pressure to wed to show they are committed. Many people now a days don't get married till ready for kids. The days where a woman has to live at home till she marries, and defines her life by a husband and kids thankfully are over.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Eugenie visited a domestic violence shelter of the organisation Safe Horizon in New York on Thursday March 9.

Safe Horizon‏Verified account @SafeHorizon Mar 10
Honored to have a real princess, HRH Princess Eugenie of York, tour one of our #domesticviolence shelters & take the #PutTheNailinIt vow!����

https://twitter.com/SafeHorizon/status/839989289958137860

Ariel Zwang‏ @ArielZwang 7h7 hours ago
Honored to host Princess Eugenie at a @safehorizon shelter yesterday. Thank you, @AntoniaRomeoUK, British Consul General, for connecting us!

https://twitter.com/ArielZwang/status/840249649491529729

Antonia Romeo‏Verified account @AntoniaRomeoUK Mar 10
Humbling afternoon @safehorizon hearing inspirational Voices of Hope, f/ survivors of violence & human trafficking, w/ HRH Princess Eugenie
https://twitter.com/AntoniaRomeoUK/status/839945624963452928

Last edited:
It's very nice, but since they announced her as Royal Patron, does this mean she is an official patron (representling the monarchy)?

Or is it a private patronage?

Not sure about how these things work!

Eugenie is a royal. What ever she does is going to represent the family good or bad. It's a shame her and Beatricecdint get more recognition for their work. By the media and their family. It would cost nothing to include them in the cc.

Okay rant aside good news. Definitely a perfect patronage for her. She has been involved in visits and similar work for years :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom