Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 8: September-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised she is reluctant to intervene...I would expect the opposite...or at least that they all kind of silently fear annoying her in any way with their behavior. LOL

I was just surprised to see her do the red carpet...cause it seems unusual for her position. It would be equally strange seeing William or Harry attend a movie premier. At this point though Bea seems to be more interested in going the celeb route...I mean she did the movie too which was different for a royal, no?

Its hard to tell what Beatrice is interested in; she's like the typical 19 who is all over the place.

Fascination with celebrities, their lifestyles, their faux pas is the big new entertainment these days. Exclaiming righteous indignation at the lack of morals of current celebrities is our newest, most addicting pastime. It seems we can't get enough of complaining about a Beatrice of York or a Britney Spears, or a Victoria Beckham. If these ladies suddenly shaped up, I'm sure the public would find some new celebrity whose morals we would complain about.

Reminds me of Princess Diana's "black dress".
Poor soul. You would think there would be alot of help for her with her fashion choices.
Beatrice's dress on this occasion was beautiful, she just need someone to ensure it fitted her bust correctly, hasn't she heard of tape for instance. To get away with this look, you would have to be firm busted or as with Diana and now Beatrice, you get the gravity doing it's job look. :rolleyes:

Its hard to tell what Beatrice is interested in; she's like the typical 19 who is all over the place.

Fascination with celebrities, their lifestyles, their faux pas is the big new entertainment these days. Exclaiming righteous indignation at the lack of morals of current celebrities is our newest, most addicting pastime. It seems we can't get enough of complaining about a Beatrice of York or a Britney Spears, or a Victoria Beckham. If these ladies suddenly shaped up, I'm sure the public would find some new celebrity whose morals we would complain about.

True...I just always assumed British royalty especially was more conservative about those types of things. Like they were more restricted from doing stuff like movies...

I mean more power to Bea if she decides to do more acting...that would be interesting...

What's happening with Beatrice, and I predict Eugenie too very soon, is what those who wanted to remove the girls' Princess titles all those years ago could forsee ie that they wouldn't really be involved in Royal life so the titles might instead become a stick to beat them and, by association, the Monarchy with. They are not doing anything wrong or scandalous but if you are an HRH you are supposed to be that little bit apart from the hoi polloi. That might seem old fashioned but if it is then the whole idea of a Monarchy is old fashioned. Lady Helen Taylor and Lady Gabriella Windsor also attended this event but they didn't appear out of place because people expect less of them than they do a Princess the same as people would expect less of Lady Beatrice Windsor and will also expect less of Lady Louise Windsor. The more one watches Beatrice the more Sophie and Edward seem very forward thinking in respect of there childrens titles. Perhaps Prince Andrew should have thought less about his daughters' drop in status and been more realistic about how their lives were actually going to be and whether them remaining HRH was really going to be to their benefit.

Last edited:
What's happening with Beatrice, and I predict Eugenie too very soon, is what those who wanted to remove the girls' Princess titles all those years ago could forsee ie that they wouldn't really be involved in Royal life so the titles might instead become a stick to beat them and, by association, the Monarchy with. They are not doing anything wrong or scandalous but if you are an HRH you are supposed to be that little bit apart from the hoi polloi. That might seem old fashioned but if it is then the whole idea of a Monarchy is old fashioned. Lady Helan Taylor and Lady Gabriella Windsor also attended this event but they didn't appear out of place because people expect less of them than they do a Princess the same as people would expect less of Lady Beatrice Windsor and will also expect less of Lady Louise Windsor. The more one watches Beatrice the more Sophie and Edward seem very forward thinking in respect of there childrens titles. Perhaps Prince Andrew should have thought less about his daughters drop in status and been more realistic about how their lives were actually going to be and whether them remaining HRH was really going to be to their benefit.

That's interesting, I didn't know that...I think they have every right to have their titles, I mean it's what they were born into. But I agree that it seems to be cumbersome for their lifestyle choices...or at least Bea's...

But it may have something to do with the fact that their mother has been a celebrity or "commoner" for most of their lives, not an HRH. Therefore they see things a little differently...

What gets me is that Bea said, in that Daily Mail link that she loves her dresss, she just can't keep it up. Now, I have to say, that when I purchase outfits, gowns, whatever, if it doesn't fit right I either don't buy it or take it to my seamstress to ensure that the fit will be good.

She probably didn't buy the dress though. :) Designers give away loads of their stuff to even the most marginal socialites. You hardly have to be famous or known at all to get fashion freebies, just so long as you wear the stuff lots out and about to the hip parties, that is what they want. So someone like Beatrice would get lots of freebies I imagine. I guess, however, she should have tried to get a good fit, but maybe she was desperate to make it work because she likes it.... It is a very nice dress. Just that ruddy annoying bit about slipping down! :lol:

YouTube - Red Carpet at Fashion Rocks 2007
Hey guys if you watch the video in this link, you will find in at around 2:50, some of the parazzi are calling out to Beatrice and one calls her Beatrice Geldof(assuming she must be one of Bob Geldof's daughters perhaps), the the other corrects them saying..no Beatrice Ferguson....i find this very interesting..what do you guys think?

YouTube - Red Carpet at Fashion Rocks 2007
Hey guys if you watch the video in this link, you will find in at around 2:50, some of the parazzi are calling out to Beatrice and one calls her Beatrice Geldof(assuming she must be one of Bob Geldof's daughters perhaps), the the other corrects them saying..no Beatrice Ferguson....i find this very interesting..what do you guys think?

Shows lack of respect. She is HRH Princess Beatrice.

Beatrice Ferguson isn't her name. Even if he called her by her "normal" name, it would be Beatrice York.

Trinny and susannah always send women with big chests to History - Rigby & Peller

supposedly the royal underwear shop. Bea can get a descent bra there.

(we can not receive t&s in holland anymore since they have gone to sky, now the bbc have 2 bimbo's who presen what not to wear and are soo boring, off topic)

Bea needs to talk with Trinny and Susanne.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seriously, this girl should not be hopping out of cars with her rather pendulous breasts attempting to make their own separate appearance.
Princess Beatrice does a 'Kate Moss' in the fashion stakes | the Daily Mail

My word.:verysad:

See, the press seem to think it's amusing to have Bea making a fool of herself like this but what is she going to do when she has to fufill her Royal duties? Picture it, Sweden, 2012. Princess Beatrice is meeting the King of Sweden.

"So Your Maj, about the Olympics...."
"Yes indeed, tell me, will June be busting out all over or should we expect that after you've got drunk and put your mummy-bag on?".

Seriously, this girl should not be hopping out of cars with her rather pendulous breasts attempting to make their own separate appearance.
Princess Beatrice does a 'Kate Moss' in the fashion stakes | the Daily Mail

My word.:verysad:

OMG!!!! Lady Bluffton, thanks for posting but what a HORRIBLE photo (the last one where she is literally falling out of her dress). The Worst I've seen. Don't "major" royals have attendants or assistants that could help out in situations like this? I know Prince Charles had a valet at this age who saw to it that he was properly dressed all the time for all occasions. Isn't there a similar type of thing for a young royal woman?

With all the money and help she has at her disposal, it flabbergasts me that this lovely dresss is literally falling off her. I hope the Queen steps in.

i love sarah but she obviously passed her "dress sense" or lack of, on to her daughters. tell me this girl can't be serious and didn't know that this could happen!!!! i've worn plenty of strapless dresses you know whether it fits you properly in the bust...she needs some s-e-r-i-o-u-s wardrobe help!

OMG!!!! Lady Bluffton, thanks for posting but what a HORRIBLE photo (the last one where she is literally falling out of her dress). The Worst I've seen. Don't "major" royals have attendants or assistants that could help out in situations like this? I know Prince Charles had a valet at this age who saw to it that he was properly dressed all the time for all occasions. Isn't there a similar type of thing for a young royal woman?

Yes, it's called a good support bra, and clothes that suit a young lady who is well-endowed. We commoners usually do quite well on our own without "professional" help. This young lady could afford such assistance easily, and we all can send her a collective plea to help herself in such a fashion!

Also, note to Bea's mom -- stop picking out your daughter's clothing!!!

Yes, it's called a good support bra, and clothes that suit a young lady who is well-endowed. We commoners usually do quite well on our own without "professional" help. This young lady could afford such assistance easily, and we all can send her a collective plea to help herself in such a fashion!

Also, note to Bea's mom -- stop picking out your daughter's clothing!!!

so true! the one thing that any celebrity can control is their appearance but some of them...well they go their own way and in this case it never works.

Beatrice Ferguson isn't her name. Even if he called her by her "normal" name, it would be Beatrice York.

I am sure that Beatrice would rather be plain Beatrice Ferguson, though. She behaves like she prefers to be free of the restraints that go along with the HRH. It's understandable, yes, but still unmistakable. I think she should relinquish her HRH, personally. I can't see her doing royal duties behaving like this.... I agree with Sam/BeatrixFan on this one. Just be Beatrice Ferguson and go be a party girl and fashion designer, albeit a hopeless one.
:ermm:

Beatrice is now in Cusco_Perú she arrived at 11:00 am (lima time) she's there cuz she wants to visit MachuPichu 1 of the 7wonders of the new world here you can find some pics of her in the airport, an in the bus is taking her to the hotel. She looks happy and cute!, there you can get those pics but u have to put some code they ask. it's easy if you can't do it let me know and i'll put them here.

FotografiaLista

Pics 30.10.2007

Thank you, Char_Lou, for the link :)
I also found some pics of Bea:
Princess Beatrice, Duchess of York, daughter of Sarah Ferguson
and UK Prince Andrew, walks during a visit to Cuzco, Peru, Tuesday,
Oct. 30, 2007.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 *

Thanks Char Lou and Iceflower for the photos. Is her visit part of some scholastic project or just personal interest? I know she's traveling w the body guards but is anyone else along for the trip as well: friends, family, school mates?

Pics 31.10.2007

I've no idea, Bella, but as to family members, we would have seen
Eugenie, if she was with her, Sarah has been in New York yesterday
evening and Andrew will have his state visit from tomorrow on..

Here are the pics from today:
Princess Beatrice walks during her visit to the fortress of Sacsayhuaman
in Cusco, Peru, Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

I guess you're right, Iceflower, other family members would have been photographed, too. It seems sorta odd that she's there by herself (not counting the BGs). Do princesses at this age have (female) attendants who travel w them, take care of their wardrobes, etc.? Regardless, they're nice photos. Her choice of clothing is unususal, but I guess it's her personal style. What's with that hat?:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
i like her clothes obviously it's not the right clothe to wear cuz there u have to climb a lot of mountains and it's a long trip from cusco city to Sacsayhuaman and when u are there the trip is at least 3 hours 4 you to know all those stories. blah blah, it's a wonderful place.

In terms of style, she looks like she's trying to go all Kate Moss/Irina Lazareanu. But failing badly.

I really admire her wisdom in wearing mittens. The UV at that altitude in the Southerm Hemishere is extreme. I think UV exposure on the back of the hands causes liver spots in middle age.

She looked hideous. She needs to read this board and take some hints.

Do Beatrice and Eugenia have their own tiaras...like that actually belong to them and fit their titles? I was always curious about that...

Can I be very direct and ask why Beatrice is in Peru?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom