The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn
When I see photos of them cavorting together half nekkid - and especially lying on the deck with her head on his thigh - I do wonder why they deem it necessary to be photographed arriving at and leaving functions separately. It just seems a bit silly.
How did Prince Edward and Sophie do during their courtship? Were they photographed together before they were married?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR
HRH Kimetha, I do understand what you are saying because it makes perfect sense. I became a royal watcher myself because I enjoy the escapism inherent in following their lives of privilege. However, I strangely find that I'm not jealous, because I realized something a while ago: These people are just single individual persons that have to pay a tremendous price for their royal blood and heritage.
Very good post TonyaR. I really enjoy this escapism myself. It's better than to turn on the telly and see nothing but bad news etc. This forum sometimes is my television. The Windsor's are a great cast for the show that can't be cancelled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiyo
Agreed. And that's why I'd rather see William & Co. partying in between working than another photograph of Paris $#%@!$ Hilton and her ilk.
I agree with TonyaR and almost all of her post, but I just can't agree with seeing William & Company constanting partying all the time. As far as Paris Hilton and her like, I wouldn't even give her or her space in the same forum as the Royal Family. She and them aren't worthy enough to be mentioned at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
My, one sees that Burrell loved... and hurts because this love ended. Though I don't see him loving and mourning the late Diana, but he loved himself as "her rock" and he mourns his own loss - of position, of importance, of knowledge....And not with Paul Burrell who is selfishly in love with his past as Diana's rock.
I agree with your assessment on this one, Jo of Palatine. I also think he was quite angry with the whole clan during that court case several years ago. And, he wanted to sell another book (didn't he write a book or was it just an interview??), so he had to get something really 'juicy' for the publishers to pick him up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html I am not sure how credible the article is (it's somewhat hard to imagine William in bikini) but if it is true, I would give anything to know whether he actually looked nearly the same as the photoshopped picture in the Sun!
It would be hard for me to believe because there would have to be someone there trying to get a shot of him in the outfit. Unless, of course, this truly is a joke. But, then again.......

Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William is to visit a baby unit at the hospital where he and brother Prince Harry were born, Clarence House said today

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...rth/article.do

Old 09-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Nobility

Nice to see Prince William doing something that isn't sports related. I think that he'll become very busy with charities and public duties etc. after he completely finishes all of his training. (including the training he'll undergo after he chooses his regiment.) Thanks for the link Skydragon.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

YAY !!!! (and they say they never do anything worthwhile :P)
Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Courtier

For those who get CBC, they just showed a documentry with William Harry and Charles that was for the Prince's Trust. There is suppose to be another one coming up at 8pm EST it is just titled Prince William and Prince Henry
Old 09-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Prince William is to visit a baby unit at the hospital where he and brother Prince Harry were born, Clarence House said today

great news and very sweet!
the visit will be te netx 20?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
great news and very sweet!
the visit will be te netx 20?
Yes, September 20th 2006.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyesonarmani
This article is far less serious than the recent posts on this thread but somewhat amusing, even if the image is quite disturbing.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/1,,2006420245,00.html
This is really funny.. Wonder how he really looks like wearing those bikinis.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Commoner

Quote:

That's very nice of him to do such activity..
Old 09-15-2006, 02:27 AM
Commoner

some pictures of 9.8 nightclub

http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/Editorial.fwx

please search for "Prince William"
Old 09-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Nobility

Post William???

Why have there overall been fewer pics of WIlliam there were of Harry doing Sanhurst things?

William has to have to done all the same thing as Harry in general. William in fact did something Harry didn't by gatting the Marksmanship badge.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Why have there overall been fewer pics of WIlliam there were of Harry doing Sanhurst things?

William has to have to done all the same thing as Harry in general. William in fact did something Harry didn't by gatting the Marksmanship badge.

Perhaps because William isn't as interesting as Harry? I don't know. You raise an interesting point. William is the future King, after all.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpusa1981
Why have there overall been fewer pics of WIlliam there were of Harry doing Sandhurst things?
I wonder if it is because security has been heightened for William or could it be the media is on best behavior after the alleged illegal phone tapping.

William is IMO, careful who he has as his friends and has to be aware of who he is.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:06 AM
Nobility

As usual I agree with you Skydragon, and I'll add to that he DETESTS the press. So if they've had to ask his permission to take snaps at Sandhurst, as payback for dogging his girlfriend, and being the harda** that I suspect he is, he probably said NO. And I don't blame him.

So all they can snap are paparazzi pics of him at polo and coming out of clubs or on vacaction. Some people hate him because they think that's all he does. Hello, he's 24. Jesus Christ he has about 75 more years to visit hospitals and appear at charity events. Cut him some slack in the first quarter of his long, grueling, life of obligatory appearances, if his great granny and granny's longevity are hereditary, and God forbid he gets some terminal illness.

Life's too short and it is not promised. He knows that personally (his mother). So with that in mind, and facing a choice of having fun now or working, I'd go with the former. Has anyone on their deathbed ever regretted working more?? Thought not. Enjoy life while you're still young enough to live it fully. And he does.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise
Life's too short and it is not promised....So with that in mind, and facing a choice of having fun now or working, I'd go with the former. Has anyone on their deathbed ever regretted working more?? Thought not. Enjoy life while you're still young enough to live it fully. And he does.

Well said. In my youth, I did a lot of traveling throughout Europe, Asia and the United States, exploring new cultures, people, looking at architecture and art throughout the ages etc. I didn't need the drink to have fun with my friends and was almost was a tea-totaler(sp?). Some may be a bit critical about my lack of 'drinking experience', but I am not embarrassed that I didn't spend a lot of time and money on booze. My money went to help charities, local cultural artists and museums and zoological gardens, as well as conservation organizations before it was a fad to do so. I've had a very productive life and don't drink today (except for an occasional drink during holidays and some red wine now a then). I also did all of this before marriage and children, while I still in my 20's and mid-30's. But, I'm not perfect and don't expect the princes to be. And, I'm not a stuffy person without a great and fun life.

In reference to the princes, even I have been a little rough on both of the boys, but only in the sense of the heavy drinking. They both spend way too much time in bars that perhaps alcohol may be a problem that affects both, especially Harry. It appears, and it may very well be so, that the drink is too much part of their lives. Being photographed traveling, visiting interesting places related to their chosen occupation and interests, etc. would bode much better than leaving clubs at almost every free weekend and free time in the late-early hours of the mornings. It appears only from my own perspective that the princes have an alcohol problem. Perhaps they don't (and the way the tabloids are written about army buddies and beer etc.), but the appearances say different.

In fact, I read somewhere in a book that a 'loyal' courier stated that the then 13 William was drinking quite a bit. It may be true or not, but usually courtiers know a lit bit more than we when they comment on those matters.

We, including myself, would like to think differently and excuse a lot of their behavior. However, they are in a sense being paid to be that 'stuffy' royal. They need to be royal enough to demand the security, servants, palaces and the position they were born into, yet friendly enough for the common people. Again, without belaboring it, they have the responsibility to be not the boy next door, but the prince on the hill with the highest measure of morality, virtue, a tolerant patron of religion and race, defender of both the common folk and crown/country. It’s a big role to fill and that’s why during their youth learning comes at a sacrifice of over indulgence in vice. Perhaps the princes need new friends who do not need the drink to enjoy themselves, but can idealistically take life and use that as a drug. Conservation supposedly is an interest of William’s. Getting more involved with that and ‘conserving’ on the alcohol can also be enjoyable.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:25 AM
Nobility

Excellent points, HRH Kimetha! I think your post was brilliant.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:19 AM
Serene Highness

This sounds to me like the "Men in Grey Suits" are pushing again. Didn't they do enough in pushing his parents into an unsuitable marriage that only resulted in two good things, William & Harry?

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html
Old 09-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Soldier William says: let me join Harry's regiment

Prince William wants to become an officer in the same Household Cavalry regiment as his younger brother Prince Harry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...urce=&ito=1490
Old 09-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Soldier William says: let me join Harry's regiment

Prince William wants to become an officer in the same Household Cavalry regiment as his younger brother Prince Harry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...urce=&ito=1490
I don't believe that because William would have to start as a 2nd Lt. in B&R, Life Gaurds and the Gaurds unit not as a LT as he could in other Regiment's.
What does everyone else think?
Old 09-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are you saying if he Joins the Welsh or Irish Guards he will start as a Lt and not 2nd Lt and outrank Henry when will Henry get a Promotion

Tags
prince william