Prince William Current Events 9: May-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William in the Jockey and Eventors Charity Match during the annual Rundle Cup Day at Tidworth Polo Club on July 15, 2006 in Tidworth, Wiltshire, England.

Attachments

• 71454567.jpg
    71454567.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 71454568.jpg
    71454568.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
The first photo in #72 looks to me like it was Prince Harry.

It is, it says so on the Getty website.

I think the pictures are in chronological order because right before that picture, William looks utterly disappointed and Harry looks thrilled! I think thats when Harry's team beat Prince William's.

My favorite is when Prince Harry is making the "sad" face with his lip hanging out.

They were not playing opposing on July 15th but in different games.

Oops! I have already edited my previous post. Instead of posting Will's pic, I posted Harry's so I have already editted it. :eek:
And as kpusa1981 already said, they were not playing against each other, they were playing on the same day and field but in different games.

William's Regiment???

What Regiment does everyone think William will join in Jan '07?
Blues and Royals (Cermonial)
Walesh Gaurd
Irish Gaurd
Life Gaurds (Cermonial)

Id say Welsh, Irish or Life Gaurds (Cermonial) :) imho

kpusa1981 said:
What Regiment does everyone think William will join in Jan '07?
Blues and Royals (Cermonial)
Walesh Gaurd
Irish Gaurd
Life Gaurds (Cermonial)

I read somewhere on the internet that William may be selecting the Life Guards because of the polo playing.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17392437&method=full&siteid=93463&headline=wills-to-join-cad-regiment--name_page.html

Just read an article about Prince William offering first aid to dying football fan during his first time handing out the cup. Is this old news? Haven't seen this on the forum.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/article_1180569.php/Prince_William_offered_first_aid_to_dying_man_-_says_biographer

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH Kimetha said:
Just read an article about Prince William offering first aid to dying football fan during his first time handing out the cup. Is this old news? Haven't seen this on the forum.

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/article_1180569.php/Prince_William_offered_first_aid_to_dying_man_-_says_biographer

It's pretty old news, yes. We did discuss it here. There was a big article in Hello! about it as well.
But I think an old fan died during the match and William offered words of comfort to his son.
I have never heard about him, offering first aid. I thinkg what he did, was saying to the dead man's son "tell me if I can help you in any way" or something like that.

Prince Wills leads charity run pack

A race to promote Sports Relief was led by Prince William at Sandhurst military academy.
http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200berkshireheadlines/tm_objectid=17402163&method=full&siteid=50102&headline=prince-wills-leads-charity-run-pack-name_page.html

Royal Fan
He could as easily play Polo while in the Blues and Royals (Cermonial).
Thanks for answering though.

Avalon said:
But I think an old fan died during the match and William offered words of comfort to his son.I have never heard about him, offering first aid. I thinkg what he did, was saying to the dead man's son "tell me if I can help you in any way" or something like that.

Yes, I read about him consoling the son, but the article also states that William handed his security a note telling them that he knows first aid and may be able to help. The article link is above. Did anyone else hear about this?:)

HRH Kimetha said:
Yes, I read about him consoling the son, but the article also states that William handed his security a note telling them that he knows first aid and may be able to help. The article link is above. Did anyone else hear about this?:)

The father was dealt with by the medical staff that are always at these events, so I wouldn't have thought William would have mentioned that he did first aid to anyone.

kpusa1981 said:
There are a couple of pics smiling were he is smiling but he is not the only one.

Do bear in mind that it appears that he knows his duty and is attempting to surpress his smile, as ALL officers would do. Also bear in mind that he is a young man TRAINING to be an officer, and must learn all of the rules, and be able to hold to them, and that takes TIME. I am sure that there are others who are trying to surpress smiles, but they are not such interesting photography subjects as Prince William. Again, at least he is trying to surpress his smile, as all trainees would do.

I really wonder what he is like in person. I hope that he has his mothers sparkles, and that he is still down to earth, and caring!

Also, regarding the polo games, I believe that each and every one that he has played in since going to Sandhurst has been a charity event. As second in line to the throne, that is part of his duty, to raise awareness for charities, etc. And when he attends, naturally there is more interest and more money donated. So to get time off from Sandhurst for something along those lines, I believe it is perfectly acceptable.

His first duty is to his country, and by combining that with his military training, he is doing a very good job. I am also sure that Her Majesty, his father and their PR people along with the school, and himself, determine together which events will not conflict with his training. So long as he is not missing training, it's ok in my opinion.

Furthermore, he is not any cadet, he does have obligations that the other cadets do not have. As long as he is properly trained to lead his men and women at the end of the day, he does need to fulfill his other obligations. And they are obligations! He did not ask for this life, but he is doing very well at it in my opinion. But along with the lifestyle comes the OBLIGATIONS to millions of people.

Empress said:
Also, regarding the polo games, I believe that each and every one that he has played in since going to Sandhurst has been a charity event. As second in line to the throne, that is part of his duty, to raise awareness for charities, etc. And when he attends, naturally there is more interest and more money donated. So to get time off from Sandhurst for something along those lines, I believe it is perfectly acceptable.
His first duty is to his country, and by combining that with his military training, he is doing a very good job.

As a member of the Armed Forces, drawing a salary, his first obligation is to his employer, who in this day and age, is the taxpayer.
To keep getting time off to play a game of polo, means that there may be parts of training that he will miss, possibly containing information he may need if he is going to do his job properly. Men and Women could be relying on him and the decisions he may have to make. How can any of 'his' men or women respect someone who got his pips but, didn't even do the course, that got his rank based solely on who he is? :confused:

Skydragon said:
As a member of the Armed Forces, drawing a salary, his first obligation is to his employer, who in this day and age, is the taxpayer.
To keep getting time off to play a game of polo, means that there may be parts of training that he will miss, possibly containing information he may need if he is going to do his job properly. Men and Women could be relying on him and the decisions he may have to make. How can any of 'his' men or women respect someone who got his pips but, didn't even do the course, that got his rank based solely on who he is? :confused:

As almost always, I agree with you Skydragon.
If he chose to go into army then he must do his work properly. I understant that those matches are for charity porposes, however he will be able to raise money for charity later but he is not going to have a 'second training'. He is going to be Commander-in-Chief one day (even with no real powers) so he better know what he is doing.

Last edited:
Empress said:
I love your comments, they are so insightful and reasonable. I agree with everything you said about William's Life and what goes into deciding what he should and shouldn't do. :)

Avalon said:
As almost always, I agree with you Skydragon.
If he chose to go into army then he must do his work properly. I understant that those matches are for charity porposes, however he will be able to raise money for charity later but he is not going to have a 'second training'. He .

But most importantly, he needs to remain focused on his duties during this time in his army training. I'm beginning to feel that William is now beginning to know who he is (one day going to be a King) and how much power he has and is beginning to usee it. I've never seen so much drinking, partying and polo playing go on with soldier trainees. If they wanted to play polo, they should have become athletes instead of soldiers. :)

WILLS TOUGHS IT OUT ON EXERCISE AS CADETS COLLAPSE

Those who believe in the merits of military training often allude to its character-building qualities

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/07/28/princewilliam/

William and 241 others managed to complete the course, only 2 were taken to hospital and they were released back to Sandhurst after a couple of hours, (having been rehydrated). :rolleyes:

Empress said:
I really wonder what he is like in person. I hope that he has his mothers sparkles, and that he is still down to earth, and caring!

I wonder too.. But, I think he does have his mother's sparkles and he is definitely caring. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom