The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Nobility

Please describe the circumstances of EACH and EVERY occasion when they broke up during the last 5 years. Not allegedly either. I know of two breakups: one when they were kids, a spat, and the other earlier this year, and that breakup is dubious.

If they do marry, I wish for for them as well as anyone beginning a marriage, a long and happy union.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Commoner

I think we all get our information from newspapers, internet, magazines, etc. unless we personally know Prince William and Kate. Unfortunately, even the ones you are quoting can be stated as alleged if you didn't get the information from Prince William and Kate herself and rather from newspapers, magazines, etc. So, where did your information come from?

Can you please state your sources? By the way, since there were dating when both were over the age of 18 yrs old, then they were adults whenever they broke up and reconcile and not "kids".

Old 11-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know to many young adult's getting married until they are in their late twenties or early thirties today.

We do not know if the Prince had a real fall out with Kate or just hear say. I believe Prince William and Kate were under a lot of pressure earlier from the press and not being committed to each other officially. I believe they did spilt up publically for a few weeks or about two months and then took it easy getting back with each other. But sometimes spilting up brings people closer or breaks them apart. I think in this situation it brought them together. This is only my thoughts on this relationship.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Nobility

I think that the royal family has learned alot for the break ups in the 90's. I also think that they want each other to date in the style of Sophie. Let the girls get to know the way things are going to be and let them make up their minds before another bad marriage. It seems that sophie has had the best of both worlds. She was able to make up her mind and know what the press was going to be like each day. I thinks this is what is going on and I hope that any girl ( that marries into the Royal family) will be able to have the time to do this also.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovGen View Post
Why do some call her Catherine?
I read a report that said she had always been known to family and friends all her life as "Catherine", and that the press dubbed her "Kate". The press often gives people nicknames that they don't request, like when they coined the nickname "Shy Di" for Princess Diana. After she married Charles they often referred to her as "Princess Di".

Catherine's name is Catherine Elizabeth Middleton. If she's always been known by her first name and wasn't referred to as Kate until the press started doing so, then I reasoned why not refer to her by her real name instead of some nickname made up by the press?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinwaiting View Post
I think we all get our information from newspapers, internet, magazines, etc. unless we personally know Prince William and Kate. Unfortunately, even the ones you are quoting can be stated as alleged if you didn't get the information from Prince William and Kate herself and rather from newspapers, magazines, etc. So, where did your information come from?

Can you please state your sources? By the way, since there were dating when both were over the age of 18 yrs old, then they were adults whenever they broke up and reconcile and not "kids".
Because those same newspaper, tabloid sources would have been all over it if they had had more than those two breakups. We have seen plenty of evidence that they are together. As they stand right now you will not see them skipping down the Kings Road hand in hand. Forget about it. From all of the photos we have seen of them together, recently, her at Balmoral, reports of her having attended Camilla's 60th, photos of her with the young royals at Peter Philips' birthday party, etc., is evidence they are dating.

IF they are just friends, I'm sure he has more female friends than just Kate. Why no pictures of those other female friends on their way to The Seychelles, nor of them descending the plane with William from a ski trip, no pictures of his other female friends with Charles at Balmoral, etc. Since Kate and William are "just friends" where are the other "female" just friends?

This is lunacy. There are other forums where they deny this relationship against all evidence to the contrary, while calling Miss Middleton every dirty name in the book. I really hope that nonsense doesn't migrate here.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Cruise View Post
Because those same newspaper, tabloid sources would have been all over it if they had had more than those two breakups. We have seen plenty of evidence that they are together. As they stand right now you will not see them skipping down the Kings Road hand in hand. Forget about it. From all of the photos we have seen of them together, recently, her at Balmoral, reports of her having attended Camilla's 60th, photos of her with the young royals at Peter Philips' birthday party, etc., is evidence they are dating.
There is no proof (pictures) of her attending Camilla's birthday party just reports from tabloids. Remember, the tabloid stated that she was "smuggled" in and went upstair with Prince William at the end of the party. They were supposedly so close that you couldn't stick a postage stamp in between them. However, you see pictures of everyone except smuggled Kate. No pictures so there is really NO proof she was there just a report from the tabloid who was not inside the party.

Quote:
IF they are just friends, I'm sure he has more female friends than just Kate. Why no pictures of those other female friends on their way to The Seychelles, nor of them descending the plane with William from a ski trip, no pictures of his other female friends with Charles at Balmoral, etc. Since Kate and William are "just friends" where are the other "female" just friends?
There is no proof that he went to Seychelles with her. There is a picture of her at a airline booth and there is a picture of him boarding a plane with his friends leaving Africa. There are no pictures of them together on Seychelles. However, tabloids did state they had the area secured so there would be no pictures (proof). Kate was at Balmoral with supposedly Prince Williams and the rest of his friends. This was reported in the newspaper, etc. with the pictures of her and Charles. Where are the other "female" friends of Prince williams? They are being discreet and not looking to pose for the paps and then complain about it later.

Quote:
This is lunacy. There are other forums where they deny this relationship against all evidence to the contrary, while calling Miss Middleton every dirty name in the book. I really hope that nonsense doesn't migrate here.
There are also other forums who has members that are constantly praising Kate no matter with she does and get mad if anyone don't believe or agree with them. I do believe people should be allowed to state their opinions.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:21 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
I read a report that said she had always been known to family and friends all her life as "Catherine", and that the press dubbed her "Kate". The press often gives people nicknames that they don't request, like when they coined the nickname "Shy Di" for Princess Diana. After she married Charles they often referred to her as "Princess Di".

Catherine's name is Catherine Elizabeth Middleton. If she's always been known by her first name and wasn't referred to as Kate until the press started doing so, then I reasoned why not refer to her by her real name instead of some nickname made up by the press?
OK, though I am on the side with Ysbel above, that she has always been known with her shortened name, Kate. I just don't see why the press would refer to her differently if this wasn't the case; no doubt the paparazzi call her name out when she is seen in public and am guessing they are not using Catherine, when the image tags are all listing her as Kate.
The difference IMO is that "Shy Di" and "Princess Di" are nicknames, whereas Kate isn't really, unless they start calling her "Discreet Kate" or something! Kate Moss' full first name is also a Catherine, I don't think the press shortened her name before she was widely known.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
There is no proof (pictures) of her attending Camilla's birthday party just reports from tabloids. Remember, the tabloid stated that she was "smuggled" in and went upstair with Prince William at the end of the party.... They were supposedly so close that you couldn't stick a postage stamp in between them. However, you see pictures of everyone except smuggled Kate. No pictures so there is really NO proof she was there just a report from the tabloid who was not inside the party.

I saw a few pictures of immediate family of royals arriving for that party. Royals who are not chased by the paparazzi at every turn and therefore have no reason to sneak into a party. NONE of them were "smuggled," they arrived through the front door, so to speak. Nor did I see most other invitees arrive: friends of Camilla, her sister, her children and their spouses, friends of Prince Charles, etc. By this logic, that means that Princess Ann, Zara, MIke, Peter, Autumn were the only other people in attendance.

Quote:
There is no proof that he went to Seychelles with her. There is a picture of her at a airline booth and there is a picture of him boarding a plane with his friends leaving Africa.

He was not with his friends. The pictures I saw of him boarding that private plane appeared to be Willliam with his bodyguards. All paparazzi photographs of him with Kate on the islands were banned via Seychelles authorities, so you would not see any photos of them. But you will never stop staff from wagging tongues to the media, hence second hand reports that they were in fact there, TOGETHER and alone. There also have been no pictures of them together inside Clarence House, which of course means she's never been there either.

Quote:
Kate was at Balmoral with supposedly Prince Williams and the rest of his friends. This was reported in the newspaper, etc. with the pictures of her and Charles.

Reported by the same papers that you don't believe when they report that she attended Camilla's 60th birthday party. She has also SUPPOSEDLY stayed at Teapot Cottage with William during breaks from college, and studying for exams, etc. Of course she has never been there again because of no pictures.

Quote:
Where are the other "female" friends of Prince williams? They are being discreet and not looking to pose for the paps and then complain about it later.

Then where were those close female friends at the Concert for Diana, where the rest of his best friends were photographed sitting near him, i.e. Pelly, Meade, van Straubenzee, the van Cutsem brothers, Jecca Craig--who is currently in a committed relationship with another man, has been involved with other men, one of whom William apparently phoned to apologize for the FALSE rumors of a love affair with Jecca; and of course Kate, who sat one row behind him with her FAMILY and who was photographed sitting alone with him at an after concert party. ASIDE FROM HIS FIRST COUSINS ZARA, PETER, William's Spencer aunts and cousins, and Harry/Chelsy Davy's friends, where were those elusive and discrete closest FEMALE friends of William's, whom certainly he would have wanted to include at this event?? There were no photographs of them behind him or beside him, so therefore, your logic in this one instance stands: THEY WERE NOT THERE.

Quote:
There are also other forums who has members that are constantly praising Kate no matter with she does and get mad if anyone don't believe or agree with them. I do believe people should be allowed to state their opinions.

They absolutely should, I agree. But to stubbornly deny what is readily apparent to Stevie Wonder, name call Miss Middleton and attack her out of misinformation and outright lies created at hate Kate Middleton internet forums is tiresome. There are other sites on the internet where that sort of thing goes on unmoderated. Again my hope is that the more outrageous and gratuitous accusations are held to a minimum here.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
But to stubbornly deny what is readily apparent to Stevie Wonder...
That certainly wins the "line of the month" award!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The only place I saw someone refer to Kate as Catherine was at her graduation when the dean called out 'Catherine Middleton' But the deans of universities are not likely to call a new graduate by their nickname when handing out a diploma even if that's what they go by all the time.

I think there is so much nonsense written about William and Kate both for and against that I take it all with a hefty bucket of salt. Papers have to sell and if they can't sell the saint Kate they'll try to sell the naughty Kate. It makes you wonder how much what we read has any basis in reality - and that goes for other celebrity dating relationships too.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
All paparazzi photographs of him with Kate on the islands were banned via Seychelles authorities, so you would not see any photos of them. But you will never stop staff from wagging tongues to the media, hence second hand reports that they were in fact there, TOGETHER and alone. There also have been no pictures of them together inside Clarence House, which of course means she's never been there either.

Reported by the same papers that you don't believe when they report that she attended Camilla's 60th birthday party. She has also SUPPOSEDLY stayed at Teapot Cottage with William during breaks from college, and studying for exams, etc. Of course she has never been there again because of no pictures.

By the same token, the facts as you state them doesn't prove that they were together at those places. It just means we don't know. Unsubstantiated second hand gossip may be true, but then again it may not be true at all. We can't tell by the facts that are out there for everyone to see.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

From the beginning of these relationship that I'am telling that we don't know for sure that they are dating, that to me was always very confused!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
From the beginning of these relationship that I'am telling that we don't know for sure that they are dating, that to me was always very confused!
Hm, let's say that at least William is not dating anyone else but Catherine.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post

When William and Kate were at St. Andrews and later when he graduated from Sandhurst, it was pretty obvious they were serious about each other and dating.

Now since the breakup, its not so obvious whether they are dating, just friends, or trying to decide between the two.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

i think if they weren't dating exclusively, william would be advised not to be photographed with catherine so often. i think it's a safe bet that they are a couple.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Well both William and Kate have made pretty senseless moves from a PR standpoint before - so I'm not sure whether William would take PR advice if he were actually given it.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Clarence House is never going to make any formal announcement confirming them as dating. That would be silly. When the time comes, and it is coming, there will be a simple annoucement that he and Kate are engaged. Any person who has been around clearly can deduce from their 5+ years of being photographed together, holidays together with him lying his head on her bikini clad stomach with her family in tow, that they are lovers and are in a serious relationship. And have been for many years now. But what is even better is, yes, they are friends as well. Great foundation for a long and happy marriage.
This is just what Prince William want everyone to know about his personal relationship with Kate. NOTHING UNTIL HE IS READY WITH MARRIAGE. Until then you and me will no nothing about his personal life. More power to Prince William and dear Kate.

I also hope this site will not get to negative on Kate until that times comes. I stop going to a site because it is so negative about her. It is a sick site.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Courtier

But you have to agree Kate does photograph lovely and often
Old 11-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Commoner

Black or white?

Don't really know what to say about this relationship. I feel as if PW does not really know what to do, or what he wants. KM seems to like his/this lifestyle, and why should she not enjoy it?! Without the negative comments that sometimes are really nasty.
At the same time, others really love her and have made her into this "perfect little angel". Either way its all a little weird to me. I cant find even one "gray" story about KM.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william