The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
I think that the young Diana wasn't that much different from the young Kate - Kate seems to be more self-cofidence and more worldly than Diana, but Diana didn't excel at school, plan a career or do charity work in a big way until she was a young wife. So I suppose she might dislike Kate, for whatever reasons, but could certainly see some similarities to her own youth.
At least Diana was nominally employed until she was engaged to the Prince of Wales.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why does it seem Diana even now is always an issue Yes she was a great lady But she had her flaws. Leave Diana out of it and let Katherine Pursue (God Willing ) an Eternal Love with no Blemishes

Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
At least Diana was nominally employed until she was engaged to the Prince of Wales.
I don't think Kate Middleton worked at Jigsaw without getting paid, so she was employed there and I'm sure she's not just going to polish her nails and wait for William to propose in the future - even if she'd like to, I think she's too clever for that.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:33 AM

Diana just took whatever jobs she could do from the time she was 16,17 and left that finishing school in Switzerland after just a few weeks. She didn't even pass the O level/GCSE. Diana worked as a ballet teacher's assistance for a very short time but then broke her leg skiing so she had to do whatever, cleaning jobs or assisting kindergarten teachers. Diana failed at school so she took jobs to fill time until she married a nice chap with a solid bank account, and preferably from her parents' perspective, a fancy title.

But about Kate...... since we're onto comparison..... let's see, whizzed through A Levels (though some say they've become ridiculously easy, right?) , gained a place at St Andrews, completed an honours dissertation in art history, tried to get a job in London with an art gallery, tried to start a clothing business, took a buyer job with Jigsaw instead.... tried to do a charity event. Hmm........ how is young Lady Diana or Kate "better" than the other one?

They seem like normal women to me. Just trying to figure out their place in life.... in their own ways! Enough with the comparisons....
Old 11-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
what a blinder a certain Miss Middleton played while they were "separated" there should be a book on how to re-catch your prince it would read something like this:-
Rules
1) do not appear upset in the public in fact put on the appearance that ending the relationship was actually a relief
2) smile for the cameras it might be the only free publicity i will ever get again in my life - MILK IT!! (Not only good for me but also the company i work - check sales figures for Jigsaw did they rise while Kate worked there)
3) go out clubbing every night of the week and make sure i get my photo taken a some point
4) change your wardrobe to suit your age - wear the lowest cut tops without looking like you are about to get on page 3 but yet still low enough to catch the attention of the press
5) dramtically raise the hemline of your skirt
6) do not sell your story to any paper
7) keep using william's friends to get into all the right and happening places
8) BE SEEN TO ENJOY YOURSELF - flirt with everyone
9) make a double act with your sister who happens to have also recently split uip with her boyfriend
AND FINALLY
be prepared for the call from william saying he has made a mistake and realises that he is nothing without you - deliberate for a few seconds and then run back to his side
It also helps to have Charles and Camilla on your side.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 AM

That post from PrincessOfEurope is actually very good. Even though I don't entirely agree with the context, I am sure that some of these things are true to a certain extent. It is a highly entertaining post. I enjoyed it.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
It also helps to have Charles and Camilla on your side.
Especially, Duchess of Cornwal with her valuable experience in the field of complicated personal relationships.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I seriously doubt that Camilla is wasting too much time thinking about Kate.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 11-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Majesty

You are probably right, ysbel. Duchess of Cornwall has got her own issues to attend to.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
I don't think Kate Middleton worked at Jigsaw without getting paid, so she was employed there and I'm sure she's not just going to polish her nails and wait for William to propose in the future - even if she'd like to, I think she's too clever for that.
According to her former co-workers at Jigsaw (see the Daily Mail article), she was uncommitted to a job which had been designed for her to essentially be available for William. I think she is doing exactly what you said above, she is waiting for William to propose.

I agree she is indeed a bright and well educated woman and it is a shame that the increasing public perception of her is one of a self-absorbed rich girl. If she and William do have an understanding, which I think they do, she should use her cleverness to initiate a public persona which will be worthy of a future queen of England.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Aristocracy

All I can say looks can be deceiving. Some people look happy, but maybe there not. Some can look innocent, but maybe there not. Who will really knows, not those who keep speculating, only people who are surrounded by them. That is the main reason why i really don't believe the media, if the publicist or that main person has confirmed it.

Philip Elmer-Dewitt, in Time Magazine
Old 11-10-2007, 11:22 PM

Nicholl, Katie: "Kate Middleton ogles hunks in trunks at Chinawhite nightclub," The Daily Mail, 11 November 2007

Quote:
Kate Middleton indulged in some harmless ogling at a fashion show last week in aid of breast cancer charity Boobies. The 25-year-old girlfriend of Prince William was treated to a catwalk show by Leicester Tigers rugby players modelling Jack Wills underwear at the Chinawhite club in London. "Kate was with a few female friends," says a fellow guest.

"They had a real giggle watching all the well-toned men strut their stuff."
Old 11-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Nobility

I believe she was probably at a night club. I do not ogled some 'hot' guy they should at have some pictures if it is true.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:57 AM

I believe the phrase employed by Nicholl was "ogled hunks in trunks!"

Props for the expression!

Old 11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
According to her former co-workers at Jigsaw (see the Daily Mail article), she was uncommitted to a job which had been designed for her to essentially be available for William. I think she is doing exactly what you said above, she is waiting for William to propose.

I agree she is indeed a bright and well educated woman and it is a shame that the increasing public perception of her is one of a self-absorbed rich girl. If she and William do have an understanding, which I think they do, she should use her cleverness to initiate a public persona which will be worthy of a future queen of England.
-> If she is waiting for him to propose, she's silly. He's not likely to marry at that age and Kate Middleton should be clever enough to realize this and make her own way in the world.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Serene Highness

I've thought for a while now that William seems kind of unsure towards Kate whilst she seems absoloutley sure that she wants to be his wife and is willing to hang around for as long as it takes for him to propose. She almost seems TOO keen to be Royal and I don't feel that their relationship is striking the right balance.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Gentry

i think not even kate will wait on a guy so much and so desperetely (as she seems to) prince or no prince. i know this may sound foolish but i think she knows something we don't know and that's probably why she seems so desperate. william might have proposed already and now she is probably traing or preparing for the wedding..or not...the thing is we can't really judge her as outsiders because we still don't know all the facts...and regarding Lady Di she was with the POW for about 6-7 months before they got engaged so i don't think it's fair to compare her with kate who's been dating wills for 4-5 years.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
I seriously don't think Chelsy has a better image with the press than Kate.
If you'd said that a year ago I would have agreed with you.

However, I think public opinion has started to change about Kate. She was always portrayed as prim,. proper and hard-working yet ultimately it's Chesly who's continuing her education and Kate is just as likely to be seen falling out of a club.

If anything I think alot more people are starting to prefer Chlesy to Kate.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she is now making her own way to the world! She has quit that job at Jigsaw and although it was a job created for her because she was Will girlfriend I think Jigsaw has so mucht to win because Kate worked for them! if I wa sliving in London I sure go to jigsaw just to see Kate! ALthough I think that she should be wearing some Jigsaw clothes and she never did that!
She is now making her own way into life, she loves photos and taking pictures so I think she will now work on her passion! AS for William I think that we never knew for sure if they were back together, they never talked and they will never talked until they relationship will be official and a matter of state and that may take years because he is too young to get married
Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Don't dump me Chelsy, pleads 'rock bottom' Prince Harry | the Daily Mail

it is not sure she continuing her education (in the UK) she has gone back home and might descide to do nothing.

Kate has graduated and might be thinking about what next step to take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
If you'd said that a year ago I would have agreed with you.

However, I think public opinion has started to change about Kate. She was always portrayed as prim,. proper and hard-working yet ultimately it's Chesly who's continuing her education and Kate is just as likely to be seen falling out of a club.

If anything I think alot more people are starting to prefer Chlesy to Kate.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, prince william