The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Courtier

I wondered that too. It looks nothing like her. Love how Harry and William are portrayed very cute.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Thanks Nico . Very cute and amusing .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's a bank holiday, no surprise he's out. I love jumping into pools fully clothed, feels weird but it's fun.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:22 AM
Majesty

That does sound like Harry!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Courtier

My first thought was I hope he didn't have his mobile or wallet on him! Same thing I say to my nephews. LOL Looks like he had some fun and with all the hardwork ahead of him he deserves to let his hair down.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Courtier

I think many would find these photographs shocking but in actual fact it is just Prince Harry, being himself, being down to earth and having some good, clean fun.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Gentry

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think Harry looks idiotic jumping into that pool with his clothes on. For some reason, I thought he was over partying up at the clubs. Yes, I know he is young and he's just having fun (I personally wouldn't do that but I know people who would) - but he's also a Royal prince who is supposed to be representing a country. Though it is hard to keep up that facade when everyone has camera on them at all times.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Much ado about nothing.....now if he had stripped off before jumping in the pool that would have beena much bigger story.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think Harry looks idiotic jumping into that pool with his clothes on. For some reason, I thought he was over partying up at the clubs. Yes, I know he is young and he's just having fun (I personally wouldn't do that but I know people who would) - but he's also a Royal prince who is supposed to be representing a country. Though it is hard to keep up that facade when everyone has camera on them at all times.
Oh lighten up a bit!

You can still represent a country and jump in a pool with clothes on. Nothings wrong with that. King Carl Gustaf did it and he's a king. I think everyone should give him a break.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post
representing a country.
What representing was he doing at a club? He's been taught all his life that he will be the 'spare', basically a partial free reign to do what he likes. He's having fun, he's done a lot more than he's had to these past few months.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Courtier

I have to say that, to me, no picture could ever present greater evidence of the contrast between Prince Harry and his father The Prince of Wales.....

There is quite an interesting photo of Lord Lichfield [Royal cousin] being thrown into the makeshift 'pool' on Britannia when 'crossing the line'. Perhaps Harry was just having his version of a 'Lichfield moment?'

Alex
Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
I have to say that, to me, no picture could ever present greater evidence of the contrast between Prince Harry and his father The Prince of Wales.....

There is quite an interesting photo of Lord Lichfield [Royal cousin] being thrown into the makeshift 'pool' on Britannia when 'crossing the line'. Perhaps Harry was just having his version of a 'Lichfield moment?'

Alex
Just because we didn't see a picture of Prince Charles jumping in a pool at Harry's age, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
We all know that Charles was a ladies man before he settled down, I think there's a great similarity between Harry and Charles at Harry's age. William is much more like his 60 year old father, probably because he has to be. He grew up fast IMO when his mother died, and seems to have chosen a path to emulate his father.

Harry on the other hand is acting his age - as he should on holiday. No Lichfield moment, just that little pesky thing called fun.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Baroness View Post
There's a saying that goes like this: Don't criticize me if you can't teach me. With this in mind, what is an acceptable form of recreation that a grandson of the sovereign, a son of the heir apparent, a son of one of the most revered women in the world...in other words a prince...should be participating in? Mind you this is the 21st century. So give it a shot...what should an under 30, single Army officer, partaking in rigorous training, representing numerous charities as patron, whose grandmother is the sovereign and whose father is the heir apparent do for some rest and relaxation?
Old 08-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock221B View Post
So give it a shot...what should an under 30, single Army officer, partaking in rigorous training, representing numerous charities as patron, whose grandmother is the sovereign and whose father is the heir apparent do for some rest and relaxation?
Polo, Horse Riding, Chess, raising corgis, talking to vegetables - oh wait, he's not 60 years old?
Granted he plays polo and horse rides, but he does it like at under 30 year old.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Majesty

He's being himself, enjoying a bit of fun before heading off to the States to train. He didn't do anything illegal, and it appears he didn't get hurt either, so all's well. This antic reminds me of the parties I attended while working at a day camp during my university summers. The music director's house had a huge pool and he'd throw a party for all the staff the weekend before camp ended. There were many an unfortunate soul who got thrown in the pool while fully dressed. It was rather comical (well, for those of us who were looking on of course ). Good to see Harry having some clean fun. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post, but I thought it would be funny to post this video of Prince Harry dancing at the club where he fell into the pool. It doesn't look like he intentionally jumped in though. Harry can't dance unfortunately:)

Old 08-30-2011, 01:55 AM
Gentry

Thanks for the vid! He has such a carefree spirit. Here is another article from DM, the opportunists are already talking!

Harry? He's a serious party animal and just went wild says nightclub hostess | Mail Online
Old 09-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Then he'll have a lot of fun on his Vegas trip:

Prince Harry to party in Vegas

If a Prince can't have fun, who can? Personally, I think many more young people should follow his example: work hard, find and use technical skills if you have them, then have (legal) fun in your free time!

The world has always turned this way. If the stodgy folks are really serious, it does help me understand why some young people get irritated with the older generation (which of course has nothing to do with your chronological age).

Way more intelligent than planking or any number of other youtube-based fads.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Commoner

I think people have blown the whole falling into a pool last month, out of proportion. He's might be a Prince but he's also like any other 26 year old. He likes to party, have fun, let his hair down if you will. Just because he's Royalty doesn't mean he isn't human. He has stress just like us none Royal folk do and it's good for the soul once and while to let loose.

I hope we will be able to have a happy family ourselves.-Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Closed Thread