The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh good grief! Harry throws snowballs and now he is a"bad apple" who "demeans" his family and is now, by your reckoning, "a problem" to weigh on Prince Charles and Saint William?

Hey people, I know it's New Years Eve, but did you really all have to start "celebrating" quite this early?
Totally agree. It's a snowball fight, not like they're playing with live ammunition. Harry has a very serious job at home, let him have some fun on his holiday. I'm envious of Harry who gets to play in the snow at Christmas, all we've had is rain.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Majesty

I can't believe that people are saying 'it was just a snowball fight'.

It wasn't.

In a snowball fight there are two people who are throwing snowballs at each other (or two teams) and thus people know they are going to get hit and can take protective measures.

Harry was throwing a missile at unsuspecting people. Had he hit one of them there could have been serious consequences. He was throwing a lump of ice - that is what a snowball becomes - a lump of ice - nice soft fluffy snow is packed together to make a snowball.

Now if you are going about your business and get hit on the head with a lump of ice it can do serious damage.

This just shows how thoughless and clueless Harry is - he didn't think of the consequences of his actions but was simply lucky no one was hurt as he was throwing these missiles as 'unsuspecting passers-by' who looked up to see what was happening but he ducked out of the way - he knew he was doing wrong in that action but continued anyway.

Fun for him but not for the people who didn't know they were targets for this lout.

Of course he can have fun but not if he is risking hurting others, which he was doing.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

The article says this economic option is at the Queen's request...tx for posting the link.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was a foolish, thoughtless thing to do, especially at his age.
AND he'll pay for it, when the rest of the family sees those photos! (Not to mention he was caught holding a cigarette; isn't that a big no-no for the RF?)

But Harry is rather thoughtless and impulsive, imo.
The criticism on this board is mild compared to the criticism in the newspaper commentary.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree that it isn't funny to throw snowballs from afar - they can be icy/hard and can hurt others a lot (especially when it comes to being hit in the face, the eyes etc.). But all I see in the pictures is Harry throwing snowballs and the DM is famous for making up stories. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and agree with a comment from the DM's site:

Quote:
Is it just me or can I see no passers-by? Mountains and molehills...
Old 12-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry is mischievous, always has been and probably always will be. I personally hope he never grows out of that sense of fun. I think it'll make him a really wonderful father some day, as well as a much loved uncle.

I'm the same age as Harry, and in my experience of men our age, get them all in one place, on holiday with a liberal amount of alcohol (and in this case nothing else to do as the slopes were closed) and you get silly pranks like this. Silly, but probably harmless.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Totally agree. It's a snowball fight, not like they're playing with live ammunition. Harry has a very serious job at home, let him have some fun on his holiday. I'm envious of Harry who gets to play in the snow at Christmas, all we've had is rain.
Hard-packed snowballs are 'ammunition'. Until you've been the recipient of an ice-ball that's hurtled through the air, you may not have enough experience to judge. If this is true, he's a jerk.

So if Harry is on holiday he is given a pass on boorish behavior?

I wondered when Harry's 'serious job' would be brought into it - as though that is a mitigating factor that should exonerate boorish behavior.

No one is saying snowball fights are not fun. The problem here is that Harry was throwing snowballs - which were probably packed tight and were thus hard (as many are trying to explain but doesn't seem to be sinking in) - at unsuspecting people. Those are the two essential points - 1) hard balls thrown at 2) unsuspecting people.

If Harry were shown having a snowball fight among his mates there would be no conversation - just 'awww, how cute' - and I'd smile, too. If its true, its the snow balls (that are likely hard - since he was shaping them with his bare hands - snow melts with bare hands - hence, hard balls result) thrown at unsuspecting people that are the issue and are reflecting negatively on Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Harry is mischievous, always has been and probably always will be. I personally hope he never grows out of that sense of fun. I think it'll make him a really wonderful father some day, as well as a much loved uncle.

I'm the same age as Harry, and in my experience of men our age, get them all in one place, on holiday with a liberal amount of alcohol (and in this case nothing else to do as the slopes were closed) and you get silly pranks like this. Silly, but probably harmless.
Its a very endearing picture you paint - and I would agree - except for the two facts I've stated above: potentially hard balls thrown at unsuspecting people. Nothing endearing about this lack of care with others - and nothing I'd want an uncle teaching my children. The truth is, Harry will just have to become a father for him to start showing some sense about these things - or one would hope. Fun is one thing - fun at others' expense is quite another.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Oh come now with royal duties and military duties the prince just wants to have some fun but did he have to throw the snowball so hard, who knows maybe prince Harry could have skills to playing baseball
Old 12-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Courtier

I agree, he really needs to grow up and a find a useful hobby to keep him occupied when he isn't working.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

Well he didn't hurt anyone !!' and we only have the DM word that he was throwing them at anyone!!!' the photos look photoshopped as a number of people have pointed out.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

How do we know there weren't some friends down below, or people at all? The magic eye of TRF.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Much ado about very little.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Time for a new thread, which can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-to-32368.html .

Thanks to all who posted!

Closed Thread