Prince Harry Current Events 19: May 1-17, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in my opinion he could easily serve like his uncle in a war at the Faulklands but fighting extremist muslims is a whole different kettle of fish. Each situation should be taken on its own.

ysbel said:
I don't know about Harry being egocentric. He volunteered for the service, was accepted, and was reasonably expecting to serve with the other officers in his troops.

What I find totally reprehensible is the conduct of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the press as regards to Harry's deployment. As someone else said earlier, the decision should have been made on where Harry could reasonably serve before he was accepted into Sandhurst. The time after he passes out of Sandhurst is not the time to start discussing whether or not it is too dangerous for him to go to Iraq.

I find it even more alarming that newspapers are printing out reports of where Harry will be stationed. This is highly irresponsible.

Based on this, I can only conclude that someone or someone(s) in the MoD are unhappy with the top brass' decision to send Harry to Iraq and they are deliberately trying to sabotage that decision by leaking information to the press and are hoping to force the top brass' hand to reverse their previous decision.

All I can say is that their war is getting less and less support from the public as it stands right now so if lone rangers in the office use this level of underhanded subtrefuge to get what they want in many other situations, they will risk totally losing public support for their war effort.

cowarth said:
They have not even been to Iraq since the war started.

Actually, they all have been and several of those mentioned above at least twice or more.:)

I am sure it was a security NIGHTMARE each time they went to visit.

scooter said:
Kind of like here? At least Harry is willing/eager to go. I dont see anyone named Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or Rice in the US Armed Services.

I'd hate to have to defend this administration, but you don't really think a sitting President, Vice-President and Secretary of State should be active members of the armed forces do you? And by active I mean, seeing combat or other military incursions. That would be just a tad irresponsible, no? I mean, how easy would it be for a President to be assassinated that way. We've lived through it once, we don't need to live through it again.

And as other people have pointed out, those 3 plus many others have been to Iraq and Afghanistan many times since the war started.

cowarth said:
I am sure it was a security NIGHTMARE each time they went to visit.

It was, but it's a security nightmare any time Bush goes ANYWHERE. He came to my college campus a few years ago and the place was utter mayhem. Security all over the place, bag checks, ID checks.....it was like being at a really huge airport, minus the planes.

Can anyone translate this to english?

Sister Morphine said:
I'd hate to have to defend this administration, but you don't really think a sitting President, Vice-President and Secretary of State should be active members of the armed forces do you?
I thought scooter meant their children! :rolleyes:

I would also add that on the occasions any dignitaries from the UK and US have visited, the security has been so high, that even a moth could not get through.

How will Harry do his job with all the extra security?

Skydragon said:
I thought scooter meant their children! :rolleyes:

I would also add that on the occasions any dignitaries from the UK and US have visited, the security has been so high, that even a moth could not get through.

I took what they said to not mean children. If they did mean the kids of those people, then I guess they have a point, although seeing as how unpopular this administration is and how virulent anti-American sentiment in the Middle East is regardless....putting the child of one of those people in that fracas would serve even less sense. Putting ANYONE'S child in that fracas makes no sense.

susan alicia said:
in my opinion he could easily serve like his uncle in a war at the Faulklands but fighting extremist muslims is a whole different kettle of fish. Each situation should be taken on its own.

I quite agree that every situation should be taken on its own. My point was that it should have been taken before Harry went to Sandhurst. I'm not that convinced that the present war is that different than previous situations. There have been religious fanatics and terrorists since the beginning of time - my humble opinion is that only the tools and the weapons have changed - the hearts of men have not changed that much - both for good and evil.

Hate-filled drunk's rant at Harry

Hate-filled drunk's rant at Harry

PRINCE HARRY was set upon by a violent thug during a night out with his girlfriend.

The Prince and Chelsy Davy were at London’s trendy Azteca Latin Lounge when they were approached by the drunken reveller.
Witnesses claim the mystery man subjected Harry, 22, to a barrage of abuse.
He allegedly shouted: “I f***ing hate the Royal family. Who do you think you are in here?

The Sun Online - News: Hate-filled drunk's rant at Harry

ysbel said:
My point was that it should have been taken before Harry went to Sandhurst.
I am absolutely sure that all avenues and eventuality's were considered before Harry went to Sandhurst and that the danger was ruled acceptable by both the BRF and MoD.

ysbel said:
I'm not that convinced that the present war is that different than previous situations. There have been religious fanatics and terrorists since the beginning of time - my humble opinion is that only the tools and the weapons have changed - the hearts of men have not changed that much - both for good and evil.
I am in total agreement. The only thing that "History" shows is that we don't, haven't and won't learn from it!

That being the case, it was a given that there would be a "Theatre of War" at some stage during Harry's career. I think a lot of the press reports are merely placatory statements leaked by the ubiquitous "they" to keep everyone happy. I would be surprised if anything changes substantially.

cowarth said:
How will Harry do his job with all the extra security?
Don't believe everything you hear from the media.

Putting ANYONE'S child in that fracas makes no sense.
You do not think Harry should deploy to Iraq?

Don't believe everything you hear from the media.
So I should take the media with a grain of salt?

Last edited:
cowarth said:
So I should take the media with a grain of salt?
A barrel of salt perhaps. :flowers:

:sad: Boy I sure hope he doesn't get killed. Although, the IIC might rethink this ill considered war if hey had some skin in the game. I hope it doesnt take that.

What is the IIC? Do they have any say in IF Harry is deployed?

Skydragon said:
A barrel of salt perhaps. :flowers:
Good heavens! You are not implying that the vast majority of the press are 'pickled' are you? :lol:

The US administration has tightly controlled reporters access to filming in Iraq, for political reasons. Secondly, releasing footage of Harry in Iraq, might allow potential assassins to place where he is, which would clearly be a security risk. I'm scared to death for him that he will be specifically targeted. Wha if he gets kidnapped? That's the real nightmare senario. I magine them releasing a film of Harry being beheaded like they have done with other captives. I really think he should have followed in the family tradition if he wanted to be in he military (the Navy). Much fewer insurgents and IEDs on the open ocean!

Last edited by a moderator:
cowarth said:
Will see any film of him in Iraq?

No, you won't. Or at least you shouldn't. And if you do, whoever took the film should be horsewhipped.

Prince Harry at the Badminton Horse Trials, Gloucestershire, Britain - 05 May 2007. Prince William, Chelsy Davy, Zara Phillips, Mike Tindall and some other friends were there as well.

Pictures:
Prince Harry
Prince Harry 2
Prince Harry 3

Harry and Chelsy
Harry and Chelsy 2
Harry and Chelsy 3

Harry and Chelsy - loving looks 1 :wub:
Harry and Chelsy - loving looks 2 :wub:
Harry and Chelsy - loving looks 3 :wub:
Harry and Chelsy - loving looks 4 :wub:

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa N1
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa N2

Pictures of Chelsy Davy, Prince William and Zara & Mike are in their respective threads.

As a Yankees fan, I take offense to his choice of headgear. :lol:

Other than that, he looks great.

I really think he should have followed in the family tradition if he wanted to be in he military (the Navy). Much fewer insurgents and IEDs on the open ocean!
I know Andrew was in the Navy, I thought Charles joined the Army?

Prince Harry at the Badminton Horse Trials, Gloucestershire, Britain
Harry should try out for the national Polo team.

Last edited:
cowarth said:
I know Andrew was in the Navy, I thought Charles joined the Army?

Charles served in the Navy.

He spent 7 years in there and left in the mid-70s. He also did spend time with the other branches of the military but his main service was the navy - following footsteps of his father, grandfather and two great-grandfathers (not to mention his great-uncle Mountbatten).

Considering Mountbatten's alleged comment to George VI at the time of the abdication it isn't a surprise thta he would go into the navy.

George VI is supposed to have said to Lord Mountbatten that he didn't know anything about being a king and Louis is supposed to have replied "Your father said the same thing to my father when your uncle died (the uncle was Eddy, eldest child of Edward VII). My father told him that that was nonsense as the best training anyone could have to be king was to serve in the Royal Navy. He then went on to say that he was telling George VI the same thing - the best training was to have served in the Royal Navy, which George VI had done since being a young boy.

Harry should try out for the national Polo team.

I think he wanted to become a professional polo player at one time but was advised that is wasn't appropriate for someone as close to the throne as he is. Zara is much further away, as was Anne, when they followed their dreams into the Olympics.

Why did Harry decide on the Army if everyone in his family is Navy?

Surely Harry is only really just a "lad" and his deployment will be ongoing. Because he is young and perhaps a little "GREEN". He will be sorely missed by his family as he leaves for Iraq!!

The deployment has got to be hard for him and his girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom