The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

PRINCES WILLIAM AND HARRY OPEN UP IN US INTERVIEW

PRINCE WILLIAM - PRINCES WILLIAM AND HARRY OPEN UP IN US INTERVIEW

Old 05-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowarth
The service has polo?
The different regiments have a variety of sporting teams.

Harry and William have joined one that has polo - not surprising when it is a mounted regiment.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Courtier

Harry's arrival in Iraq is delayed by security fears

Prince Harry's arrival in Iraq has been postponed due to security fears over his posting.
The prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to be flown out later than most of his squadron, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Harry's arrival in Iraq is delayed by security fears | News | This is London

Harry's men to hunt out danger

PRINCE Harry will be sent to Iraq as late as possible — giving his comrades vital time to assess the dangers posed by fanatical rebels.

The move gives troops in the Royal’s unit, the Household Cavalry’s A Squadron, the chance to be in position and let them gain combat experience before his arrival.

The Sun Online - News: Harry's men to hunt out danger

Harry’s move to Iraq is delayed

Prince Harry's deployment to southern Iraq has been effectively delayed due to security concerns, it emerged last night.
The 22-year-old prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to fly out later than most of his Blues and Royals squadron.

Harrys move to Iraq is delayed | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Old 05-03-2007, 04:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry's presence in Iraq will be a guarded secret

Prince Harry, third in line to the British throne, will be sent to Iraq as late as possible and his presence would be kept a guarded secret. The move to send him late is being contemplated so as to give his comrades enough time to assess the dangers posed by fanatical rebels who are planning to kill him

World News - International Headlines from Yahoo! News India

HARRY SOLDIERS DO A SPARTACUS

SOLDIERS are heading for Iraq wearing T-shirts saying "I'm Harry" in a show of defiance at rebels intent on harming the prince.

Mirror.co.uk - News - Top Stories - HARRY SOLDIERS DO A SPARTACUS

Old 05-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Courtier

Am I the only one who think that HArry is very egocentric to go to th war. IMO he is jeopardising his fellow soldiers life by biebg there.
I think he should stay home.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I don't know about Harry being egocentric. He volunteered for the service, was accepted, and was reasonably expecting to serve with the other officers in his troops.

What I find totally reprehensible is the conduct of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the press as regards to Harry's deployment. As someone else said earlier, the decision should have been made on where Harry could reasonably serve before he was accepted into Sandhurst. The time after he passes out of Sandhurst is not the time to start discussing whether or not it is too dangerous for him to go to Iraq.

I find it even more alarming that newspapers are printing out reports of where Harry will be stationed. This is highly irresponsible.

Based on this, I can only conclude that someone or someone(s) in the MoD are unhappy with the top brass' decision to send Harry to Iraq and they are deliberately trying to sabotage that decision by leaking information to the press and are hoping to force the top brass' hand to reverse their previous decision.

All I can say is that their war is getting less and less support from the public as it stands right now so if lone rangers in the office use this level of underhanded subtrefuge to get what they want in many other situations, they will risk totally losing public support for their war effort.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha

Prince Harry's arrival in Iraq has been postponed due to security fears over his posting.
The prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to be flown out later than most of his squadron, the Daily Mail can reveal.

Harry's arrival in Iraq is delayed by security fears | News | This is London

Harry's men to hunt out danger

PRINCE Harry will be sent to Iraq as late as possible — giving his comrades vital time to assess the dangers posed by fanatical rebels.

The move gives troops in the Royal’s unit, the Household Cavalry’s A Squadron, the chance to be in position and let them gain combat experience before his arrival.

The Sun Online - News: Harry's men to hunt out danger

Harry’s move to Iraq is delayed

Prince Harry's deployment to southern Iraq has been effectively delayed due to security concerns, it emerged last night.
The 22-year-old prince, who is third in line to the throne, is due to fly out later than most of his Blues and Royals squadron.

Harrys move to Iraq is delayed | Uk News | News | Telegraph
Are they reconsidering deploying the Prince once again?

Quote:
What I find totally reprehensible is the conduct of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the press as regards to Harry's deployment. As someone else said earlier, the decision should have been made on where Harry could reasonably serve before he was accepted into Sandhurst. The time after he passes out of Sandhurst is not the time to start discussing whether or not it is too dangerous for him to go to Iraq.
I believe the MOD thought the war would be over before he would have to deploy.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I don't know about Harry being egocentric. He volunteered for the service, was accepted, and was reasonably expecting to serve with the other officers in his troops.

I find it even more alarming that newspapers are printing out reports of where Harry will be stationed. This is highly irresponsible.

Based on this, I can only conclude that someone or someone(s) in the MoD are unhappy with the top brass' decision to send Harry to Iraq and they are deliberately trying to sabotage that decision by leaking information to the press and are hoping to force the top brass' hand to reverse their previous decision.

All I can say is that their war is getting less and less support from the public as it stands right now so if lone rangers in the office use this level of underhanded subtrefuge to get what they want in many other situations, they will risk totally losing public support for their war effort.
Kind of like here? At least Harry is willing/eager to go. I dont see anyone named Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or Rice in the US Armed Services.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Kind of like here? At least Harry is willing/eager to go. I dont see anyone named Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld or Rice in the US Armed Services.
They have not even been to Iraq since the war started.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
On the contrary cowarth. President Bush, Secretary of State Rice and Donald Rumsfeld have all been to Iraq since the war started.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

in my opinion he could easily serve like his uncle in a war at the Faulklands but fighting extremist muslims is a whole different kettle of fish. Each situation should be taken on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel

Old 05-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Actually, they all have been and several of those mentioned above at least twice or more.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Nobility

I am sure it was a security NIGHTMARE each time they went to visit.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter

I'd hate to have to defend this administration, but you don't really think a sitting President, Vice-President and Secretary of State should be active members of the armed forces do you? And by active I mean, seeing combat or other military incursions. That would be just a tad irresponsible, no? I mean, how easy would it be for a President to be assassinated that way. We've lived through it once, we don't need to live through it again.

And as other people have pointed out, those 3 plus many others have been to Iraq and Afghanistan many times since the war started.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am sure it was a security NIGHTMARE each time they went to visit.

It was, but it's a security nightmare any time Bush goes ANYWHERE. He came to my college campus a few years ago and the place was utter mayhem. Security all over the place, bag checks, ID checks.....it was like being at a really huge airport, minus the planes.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
La prensa adjudica una nueva novia al príncipe Guillermo. diariosur.es

Enrique se va a la guerra. diariosur.es

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Nobility

Can anyone translate this to english?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I'd hate to have to defend this administration, but you don't really think a sitting President, Vice-President and Secretary of State should be active members of the armed forces do you?
I thought scooter meant their children!

I would also add that on the occasions any dignitaries from the UK and US have visited, the security has been so high, that even a moth could not get through.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Nobility

How will Harry do his job with all the extra security?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I thought scooter meant their children!

I would also add that on the occasions any dignitaries from the UK and US have visited, the security has been so high, that even a moth could not get through.

I took what they said to not mean children. If they did mean the kids of those people, then I guess they have a point, although seeing as how unpopular this administration is and how virulent anti-American sentiment in the Middle East is regardless....putting the child of one of those people in that fracas would serve even less sense. Putting ANYONE'S child in that fracas makes no sense.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince harry