Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy Current Events 2: May 2008-January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, I really dig Chelsy, she's come a long way from when she first got together with Harry. They are great together! I love that she goes to school and seems to have ambitons other than just be a princess-in-waiting.

How random was that article, it jumps from being about Chelsy, to mentioning Kate to ending with comments on the Queens wealth.

the Daily Mail article has been changed since earlier in the day. It originally had a photo of Chelsy and her mother getting out of a cab at Clarence House.

the Daily Mail article has been changed since earlier in the day. It originally had a photo of Chelsy and her mother getting out of a cab at Clarence House.

i wonder why - was there a complaint to press about intrusion?

i wonder why - was there a complaint to press about intrusion?

They've been doing this a lot lately at the DM - sometimes taking out information, sometimes changing titles and pictures. It makes me wonder if they're trying to hurry up and publish controversial stories and then just as quickly clean them up to avoid legal issues.

Awesome, I really dig Chelsy, she's come a long way from when she first got together with Harry. They are great together! I love that she goes to school and seems to have ambitons other than just be a princess-in-waiting.

I find that a lot of you Kate haters over compliment Chelsy. You guys do so not because you even like her but because you guys hate Kate more. If you give her a compliment you should do so wiithout making digs at Kate. Her so called Awesomeness should stand on its own. Chelsy going to law school is no great ambition , she has to do so because she knows she will probaly have to represent her father at some point in the future. (actually that makes her very smart)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that a lot of you Kate haters over compliment Chelsy. You guys do so not because you even like her but because you guys hate Kate more. If you give her a compliment you should do so wiithout making digs at Kate. Her so called Awesomeness should stand on its own.
I think comparing Catherine and Chelsy is like comparing apples with oranges. It's a pretty pointless exercise as you either like one or the other, both or neither. It all comes down to personal choice. :flowers:

annette2002 said:
Chelsy going to law school is no great ambition, she has to do so because she knows she will probaly have to represent her father at some point in the future. (actually that makes her very smart)
Now that is a truely mean spirited snipe at Chelsy, a father that she oblviously loves, and her motivation for furthering her education. :bang:

Since this isn't the "let's compare Chelsy and Kate and see which one we dislike the most" thread, please could we get back on topic?

Thanks.

Elspeth
British Royals moderator

Hear, Hear Elspeth. It's becoming really depressing.

Hope we get some photos of the guests at Charles birthday, esp Harry and Chelsy - but also of Charles and Camilla etc, and not just official ones. But with the Hello magazine episode at Peter's wedding, there might not be much coming out.

Wish I'd been born one of London's pigeons, could just fly in and snoop, no problem.
Cheers, Marg ;)

Harry and Chelsy out in Bouji last night.

WENN Photo Library
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/XVS4YLlFmxA/Prince+Harry+Chelsy+Davy+Leaving+Boujis+Nightclub

and a story from the DM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rry-Chelsy-Eugenie-clubbing-school-night.html

The young royals stepped out to party at London nightspot Boujis last night, with Prince Harry holding on tight to girlfriend Chelsy Davy.

On a night when most youngsters are getting an early night ahead of a morning's work or studying, the dressed-down pair teamed up with Princess Eugenie at one of their favourite haunts.

But Harry and Chelsy didn't look as if they'd enjoyed themselves, as they emerged from the club looking rather glum-faced.
It was a rare sighting of the pair together, as Prince Harry, 23, was only joined by law student Chelsy in London last week after he spent two weeks on safari in Botswana.
He is staying at Clarence House in the apartment he shares there with his brother Prince William while he waits to resume duties at Blues and Royals HQ in Windsor.

Why does it say that Harry waits to resume his B&R duties. What is he waiting for?

The DM story is quiet funny. The younger members of my family tell me that Thursday is actually considered quite "a big night" amongst young working people..... suggesting that the Daily Mail itself is perhaps a bit out of touch with reality. Harry clarly does not have a 9-5 job when he is on army duty, so the comment about not woring Friday's is completely ludicrous! But I guess it has been the slow season with hardly any royal stories for the last 4-6 weeks over summer, and they have to fill the pages.

They are nice couple but these are not the best photos specially of Harry.

IMO, you can really see the resemblance between Harry and Charles (and Harry and Philip) in the most recent photos, especially around the nose/eye area...

Do people in the UK know that "squaw" is a very rude word? I see it pop up in tabloids and magazines. Even MAJESTY has used it.

The DM story is quiet funny. The younger members of my family tell me that Thursday is actually considered quite "a big night" amongst young working people..... suggesting that the Daily Mail itself is perhaps a bit out of touch with reality. Harry clarly does not have a 9-5 job when he is on army duty, so the comment about not woring Friday's is completely ludicrous! But I guess it has been the slow season with hardly any royal stories for the last 4-6 weeks over summer, and they have to fill the pages.

Do people in the UK know that "squaw" is a very rude word? I see it pop up in tabloids and magazines. Even MAJESTY has used it.
No, is it? Here it is an American Indian female. :flowers:

It's always amusing to read about Harry's familial resenblence to the Windsors in the same papers practically decided his paternity is anything but fromm the Windsor line.

It's not used here except as a term of derision.
Most americans do not consider the word Squaw as being anything other than a female Native American. Interesting article about the origin of the word. One can only hope that with time unenlightened individuals will perhaps enlighten themselved about the Native Americans enough to only use the word as intended.
Reclaiming the Word "Squaw"

:ROFLMAO:A uni student went to a party... This is news to the English media. They obviously never went to school or University.:ROFLMAO:

I'm wondering about this "tasteless" jewellery which apparently includes - gasp! - hoop earrings. Surely that's enough to disqualify her as a potential royal bride!

:previous: You actually needed to ask? :ermm:

Good grief man, hoop earrings, even at a theme party . . . . (gasp) with crimes against fashion on that scale I can only surmise that she is completely beyond redemption. :whistling:

Frankly, what I find more troubling is the fact that obviously a fellow student or acquaintance of a fellow student, who took part in this event, has posted the pics anonymously. I'd probably get paranoid, wondering who it is, wondering where I can go to, when it will happen next.

I think Chelsy has made her peace with the consequences of being Harry's girlfriend. There was nothing in the least inappropriate in the photo's or they would have been splashed across the headlines around the world. As Kbear said "A uni student went to a party... This is news to the English media". :rolleyes:

She is not stupid enough to really let her hair down at such a "do". She already knows that cellphone cameras are everywhere and the net is forever! ;)

I do not know but I assume the pictures were taken from facebook like all the other pics of Chelsy partying with her friends that ended up in papers before. This looks like a private pre-party at home not like an "official" student party with many strangers in attendance. Those were probably taken by a "friend" and then posted on facebook or a similar site.
I do not understand why the DM would consider them newsworthy but I guess since there's not much Royal news currently and they apparently didn't land the exclusives of Will and Kate in Salzburg they went with those.

Chav themed parties are pretty standard these days. A friend of mine recently had one of her 30th birthday parties on the same theme.

I have to write a thank you note to Daily Mail; they have enlightened me that being a chav and wearing a baseball hat at a friend's party is the same thing. Boy, they did have a very slow news day, didn't they?:lol:

If it's true that Harry spent $10,000 (sorry, no "pound" key here, and so I'm using the North American equivalent) on booze, I'm disappointed in his and Chelsy's behavior. Harry isn't just another rich young man who can spend his money recklessly without people finding out.

Harry isn't just another rich young man who can spend his money recklessly without people finding out.

First of all, I don't see how anyone could have found out exactly how much the bar tab really was. Most places, expecially ones catering to high-end clientelle are very tight lipped on what their patron's spending habits are. Second, it's not a secret that Harry is a rich young man. He doesn't need to pretend penny-pinching. People who have a problem with his being rich should find some other hobby to preoccupy themselve.

The story seems to be an extension of the club visit from last week. Harry looked pretty sober when leaving Boujis, leading Chelsy to the car, and quite steadily in both the photos and videos I've seen. So the claim of being tipsy is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom