Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 6: February-April 9, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be asking for trouble. The Queen gave permission for this marriage; if she starts excluding Camilla from official functions after Camilla is married to Charles, I think she's going to get a lot of criticism for hypocrisy and for divisiveness. The situation is touchy enough as it is - for the Queen to give the go-ahead for the marriage and then start treating Camilla like a non-person will lead to a deal of bad publicity.

:eek: CAMILLA TO BE QUEEN UNLESS LEGISLATION IS CHANGED!
flechalink.gif

21 MARCH 2005

Constitutional Affairs Minister Christopher Leslie has confirmed that under current legislation Camilla Parker Bowles would automatically become Queen when her future husband, the Prince of Wales, accedes to the throne.

Questioned by a lawmaker, Mr Leslie confirmed the upcoming marriage would not be "morganatic", therefore Camilla automatically inherits the title of Queen when Charles becomes monarch.

Though at the time the engagement was revealed, it was announced Camilla would be given the title of Princess Consort when Charles is king, current British law dictates otherwise.

Government sources have said legal changes will be necessary to "comply with (Camilla's) wishes not to become queen". Labour MP Andrew McKinlay points out that legislation would be needed in many countries – namely, wherever the British monarch is head of state.

Taking public sentiment into consideration, the Prince of Wales had announced that, after his April 8 wedding, Camilla would become the Duchess of Cornwall. She would then take the title of Princess Consort when he accedes the throne.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/21/camillaparkerbowles/

Attachments

• charlescamilla-dop1a.jpg
    charlescamilla-dop1a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
Monalisa said:
CAMILLA TO BE QUEEN UNLESS LEGISLATION IS CHANGED!
flechalink.gif

21 MARCH 2005

Constitutional Affairs Minister Christopher Leslie has confirmed that under current legislation Camilla Parker Bowles would automatically become Queen when her future husband, the Prince of Wales, accedes to the throne.

Questioned by a lawmaker, Mr Leslie confirmed the upcoming marriage would not be "morganatic", therefore Camilla automatically inherits the title of Queen when Charles becomes monarch.

Though at the time the engagement was revealed, it was announced Camilla would be given the title of Princess Consort when Charles is king, current British law dictates otherwise.

Government sources have said legal changes will be necessary to "comply with (Camilla's) wishes not to become queen". Labour MP Andrew McKinlay points out that legislation would be needed in many countries – namely, wherever the British monarch is head of state.

Taking public sentiment into consideration, the Prince of Wales had announced that, after his April 8 wedding, Camilla would become the Duchess of Cornwall. She would then take the title of Princess Consort when he accedes the throne.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/21/camillaparkerbowles/

I dont think SO!

Camilla cant become Queen! but i wanted let William become King! but i knew it! many people wont wanted Camilla become Queen of England because of Princess Diana's respectively!

Sara Boyce

Of course Camilla can become Queen, Sara. As long as she's legally married to the King, she'll be Queen unless there's legislation to prevent it. Morganatic marriage isn't recognised in British law.

This Sunday will be Easter Sunday.I wonder if Camilla will attend?But i remember the other years Prince Charles rarely at Easter, did not he?Only Her Majesty,The Duke of Edinburgh,Princess Anne and husband,Zara(sometimes),the Earl and Countess of Wessex,the York Princesses.I do not know how about this year.

Caption:
CUMBRIA, ENGLAND - MARCH 24: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) Prince Charles chats with children as he opened the new restaurant and shop using locally sourced produce from Cumbria at Booths Supermarket in Kendal March 24, 2005 in Cumbria, England. Prince Charles was visiting Cumbria today closing his three-day trip to Yorkshire and the North West. (Photo by Owen Humphreys/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 161
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 115
a few more from Getty

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 113
Camilla has a personal bodyguard!

It has been "reveladed" that Camilla Parker Bowles has a personal bodyguard. It has been kept a secret until now, when the Daily Star wrote about it. Les Turner, 46, have been Camilla's bodyguard since 10 February, and he is the first coloured bodyguard of the Royal Household.

Elspeth said:
Of course Camilla can become Queen, Sara. As long as she's legally married to the King, she'll be Queen unless there's legislation to prevent it. Morganatic marriage isn't recognised in British law.

and yes....she'll become queen if prince charles succeeds to the throne....but...maybe in many of our hearts...she'll never be queen of england...and maybe will not be respect as a queen like QEII....

BBC

Prince 'must atone' for conduct

A leading bishop has said Prince Charles must apologise to the former husband of his fiancee before their wedding, the Sunday Times has said.
The Bishop of Salisbury, David Stancliffe, declared church rules meant the prince should "make good any hurts" before the couple marry.

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles are to wed on 8 April. The bishop did not specify what form any apology to Andrew Parker Bowles should take. The prince and Mrs Parker Bowles are to be married in a civil ceremony and will then attend a church service in St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. Bishop Stancliffe, who is an authority on how church services should be conducted, told the Sunday Times newspaper the service of prayer and dedication after the civil ceremony, would encompass prayers of penitence. He said preparation before such prayers should include "the making good of any hurts, the restoration of relationships and serious attention being paid to the relationships fractured or damaged by misconduct".

The BBC's religious affairs correspondent Robert Pigott said: "The church seems determined that Prince Charles as future supreme governor should meet the same conditions for a service of dedication that would be demanded of any other Anglican."
The couple are to break off from their honeymoon to open a children's playground near Balmoral on 14 April. The newlyweds will spend their honeymoon at Birkhall, a hunting lodge on the Queen's Aberdeenshire estate.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
And that is simply because of Diana. If things were different, she would be loved.

well....i guess so...if Charles did not marry Diana in the first place and cheated on her...then....Camilia won't be in that position where every one seems to love Diana, the princess of wales and hate Camilia being the third person in their marriage......

from the sun
Royal crest for Camilla

CAMILLA Parker Bowles will get her own official coat of arms after marrying Prince Charles.

The move — approved by the Queen — underlines Camilla’s complete acceptance into the Royal Family.

She has already come up with design ideas of her own and has contacted the Garter Principal King of Arms Peter Gwynn-Jones.

Camilla, 57, wants her crest to be based on the coat of arms of her dad, Major Bruce Shand, 88. She and Charles will be able to use it on personal possessions including cars and flags.

A spokesman for Prince Charles said: “Camilla is getting her coat of arms and it will be based on the crest worn by her father. Every person who joins the Royal Family is given this to mark the event.” He denied suggestions Charles was having his coat of arms altered to reflect his and Camilla’s status as man and wife.

But the designs will not be ready in time for the wedding at the Windsor Guildhall on April 8. The crest is expected to take six months to finish.

Arms for Camilla

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Why doesn't she already have a coat of arms?

She probably does, but by marrying the Prince of Wales she gets a new Royal coat of arms. This applies to every female who marries into the Royal Family.

I intend to wear black on their wedding day. This is not good for just about everybody else.

gogm said:
I intend to wear black on their wedding day. This is not good for just about everybody else.

i agree!

mostly people wont wanted to witness of Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding follow remind low-profiles of late Princess Diana that why! for more reasons!

Sara Boyce

Diana's low profile???

sara1981 said:
mostly people wont wanted to witness of Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding follow remind low profiles of late Princess Diana that why! Sara Boyce

"... low profiles of late Princess Diana..."

Is history being re-written already?

I can not believe the number of people who are still so infatuated and "amazed" by Diana that they are so against this marriage! Charles deserves to be happy. Would everyone be throwing the same fit if Diana were still alive and chose to remarry? Because the situation would still be the same Diana cheated too.

Warren said:
"... low profiles of late Princess Diana..."

Is history being re-written already?

you know that because many people who lived in England who more fans of Princess Diana for long times since 1981-1997 because she is popular Princess but many people wanted to low-profiles follow late Princess Diana not fair for her! i do still low profiles for Princess Diana after her death but i never met her before! i do collection of Princess Diana since her death for 7 years but many people wanted to still more remind of Princess Diana for 7 years.Many globe people wanted to low-profiles of famous Princess Diana for 7 years but i do respect!

Sara Boyce

How do you know Harry doesn't know that? Aside from that-why do you say Harry doesn't know that?

Are there any information that Prince Charles's annual holiday skiing with his sons?Will Camilla go? I remember Charles and his sons often pose for pics on holiday on 30th March every year.

gogm said:
I won't wear black. Prince Charles and Camilla hit a lot of bumps in the road to get where they are today. I thought it was scandalous when I heard they were going to be married. I've become more accepting of it now. It is what it is. My only wish is that the passion they've had for each other all these years remains throughout their marriage.

However....it will be poetic justice if they got married and divorced a couple years down the road because of they weren't as much in love as they thought;)

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Are there any information that Prince Charles's annual holiday skiing with his sons?Will Camilla go? I remember Charles and his sons often pose for pics on holiday on 30th March every year.

There are pictures of the skiing holiday in the Prince Charles and His Sons thread.

Camilla did not go because she doesn't like skiing.

Kate Middleton, William's girlfriend went though. There are pictures of her but not posing with Charles and William and Harry.

I saw on the news that Charles was crumpy murmuring something without realising that the microphone was picking up averything he was saying. Did anyone know what charles said there? All I know is that he was sitting with his sons ready for an interview on their holidays on the snow and all the media were in front of them looking at the windsors with a shocked face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom