Kate Middleton Current Events 5: February-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
melissajames said:
And possibly Diet Doctors :D

I have seen photos of her with a double chin.

To put in a kind way she is 'curvy', but if she does not watch her weight she could end up fat.

wow...that's highly critical!:eek:

Lets see, She appears to be loved by her parents, she's worked hard at university and graduated with a good degree. She seems to have enough money, has a good figure, is pretty and it appears, is not forced to work.
I wouldn't have thought there were many sane people who would turn down all of that!
May be that is just your opinion/perception?

The Hello poll that you refer to asked you to choose between 4 particular lifestyles.
You said you would be Angelina Jolie because she is a sex symbol and had Brad Pitt as a boyfriend (At the moment)
Madge because she is a style icon and sells records and has a happy marriage. (At the moment and the reports in the papers suggest otherwise)
Paris Hilton, here we disagree on exactly what her claim to fame is.:eek:
No, I think you remembered wrong. I said out of the choices, I would choose Madonna because she imo is the most accomplished of them all and is probably the richest one too. And she also has a lovely family.

I just highlighted what the other choices might be famous for and how their lifestyle might be perceived.
I never made any qualitative comparisons, I was purely describing them.

Millions of people, every week, buy tickets for the lottery, in the hope of winning enough so they do not have to get up everyday and go in to work.

Never disagreed with that. But I would never give up work myself. If I don't have to work for a living, then I would probably choose a field/start my own business in something that really interests me but does not necessarily have a high monetary return. A fortune will give me the freedom to pursue the things which I won't be able to afford to do otherwise, for me it will not become an excuse to sit at home all day or to shop all day.

I count myself very lucky that I don't have to join the daily slog. :cool:
I don't have time for daytime TV either, I'm far too busy doing what I want to do.
Lucky you.

Like Kate I also attended an exclusive public school and I am sure my parents are more than able to support me. But I am determined to make my own way in life without handouts from them. Their success is down to their own (and my grandparents') hardwork and I don't think I would want to be dependent on my family when I am 24.
At my age, I think I am able to set my own goals in life and set out to achieve them.

Whatever it is that Kate is trying to achieve, only she would know. And to me, she is not just any 24 year old. She has a good chance of becoming the future queen of GB and I for one hold very high expectations of her. If anyone disagrees with them than that is fine with me, but I am entitled to my views just like all the other members on here.

Keep doing what you want to do because life is short, in fact too short.

Last edited:
What's in the water at the British forums lately? It seems impossible to disagree without insulting someone's intelligence, memory, or whatever.

This is not a war. Let's unsheath the claws and have an adult discussion with respect towards our fellow members.

If you have any complaints, feel free to contact one of the British forum moderators in private.

ysbel
British forums moderator

I think calling Kate FAT is getting really desperate, she has a really nice figure. She looks healthy and slim, it seems these days you have to look ill to be called slim.

Kate has a rounder face but not fat.

melissajames said:
A fortune will give me the freedom to pursue the things which I won't be able to afford to do otherwise, for me it will not become an excuse to sit at home all day or to shop all day.

Like Kate I also attended an exclusive public school and I am sure my parents are more than able to support me. .

That of course is your assumption that everyone with money sits at home or shops all day. Unless you have a fortune, it is hard to say what you would do with your time or indeed your money.:cool:

Many of us went to public school but, that has absolutely nothing to do with Kate. Until she becomes a royal, if she becomes a royal, what she does is nothing to do with anyone but her family.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The discussion is getting nasty now. Let's drop it and go to another topic.

Any questions can be forwarded to a British forums moderator in private.

ysbel
British forums moderator

edit: I trust those of you who posted after this warning were not deliberately ignoring a warning. Lets move on.

Last edited:
Laraib said:
I hope this calms some people down;) :)

Here is an article that states the matter of William marrying from BOTH prespectives.Hope you enjoy it as an ARTICLE and not an attempt to OFFEND anyone.;) :) :)

Britons think Prince William is too young to marry
http://http://people.monstersandcritics.com/royalwatch/article_1095905.php/Britons_think_Prince_William_is_too_young_to_marryhttp://http://people.monstersandcri...ns_think_Prince_William_is_too_young_to_marry

Thanks Laraib, I can't get the link to work, has anyone else got the same problem.

Skydragon said:
Thanks Laraib, I can't get the link to work, has anyone else got the same problem.

Oh, sorry. I'll see if I can get it to work.;) :)

ysbel said:
edit: I trust those of you who posted after this warning were not deliberately ignoring a warning. Lets move on.

I think I might have done Ysbel, sorry. I was in a hurry and didn't bother to read what else had been written.
:( :(

I hope these haven't been posted yet: (credit: wireimage)

Kate Middleton, girlfriend of Prince William, seen out and about in Chelsea on thursday afternoon. She spent two hours shopping at The Katherine Hooker clothes shop.

Attachments

• kate1.jpg
    kate1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 516
  • kate2.jpg
    kate2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 478
  • kate3.jpg
    kate3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 393
  • kate4.jpg
    kate4.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 7,879
  • kate5.jpg
    kate5.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 569
  • kate6.jpg
    kate6.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,017
  • kate7.jpg
    kate7.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 565
Yeah, it works now. Sorry about that.:eek: :)

Laraib said:
Yeah, it works now. Sorry about that.:eek: :)

Thank You:)

It is a very good article and seems to reinforce what most people have been saying, that he would not want to get engaged, only to disappear for 4 years and not see much of Kate.

Time will tell.:rolleyes:

Uau what a outfit style change
She looks very pretty and classy(yes guys I've changed)
Let's give a chance to that beautiful young woman and maybeeeee princess-in-waiting :p
I loveeeeeee the outfit she's wearing

RachelA said:
I hope these haven't been posted yet: (credit: wireimage)

Kate Middleton, girlfriend of Prince William, seen out and about in Chelsea on thursday afternoon. She spent two hours shopping at The Katherine Hooker clothes shop.

Welcome RachelA, They are really lovely photos, Thank you very much.:)

Paula** said:
Uau what a outfit style change
She looks very pretty and classy(yes guys I've changed)
Let's give a chance to that beautiful young woman and maybeeeee princess-in-waiting :p
I loveeeeeee the outfit she's wearing

Well lady's are allowed to, arn't they (change their mind)?:D

I love her boots and coat! The green scarf also adds a nice touch of color. I think her dressing has improved from her cowboy days. She looks more classy.

soCal girl said:
I love her boots and coat! The green scarf also adds a nice touch of color. I think her dressing has improved from her cowboy days. She looks more classy.

Same here! Her dressing definitely has improved and the scarf is a great color on her. (imo)

I think she looks great, she was beautifully turned out and had a smile on her face!
She is a very pretty girl IMO.

Those photos look like they have been taken by the paparazzis.

I think its is a total intrusion on a person's privacy to have such photos taken and find it quite hypocritical of those who claim to have lots of love and respect for Kate and yet seem to have no problem with the press hounding her and profiting from following her day and night. These people probably do not know what ethics means.

To have paparazzi on royals is bad enough (please remember that Di's fatal crash happened just when she was trying to escape these ruthless photographers) but to have them on a person who is not actually royal I find outrigious.

Anyway, sorry to rain on your parade, please continue to take pleasure in these illegitimate pictures of an innocent woman going about her daily life. And who knows, may be this pretty face secretly enjoys the attention!

I am sure Kate gets lots of benefits from being linked to William so I will not lose any sleep over her getting photographed. As long as she does not get hurt then she will just have to live with it. In fact she always seems very plesant in the photos (not angry or aggressive) sometimes I think it is everyone else getting annoyed over the press and Kate herself is just dealing with it.

And lets not bring up the whole Diana issue, out of respect of the dead I am not going to say what I really think but I will say many things led to her death and it can not all be the fault of the paps.

I hate how the press say she is dressing like a Princess in waiting, if that is the case then I have many, many friends who are going to marry a Prince!

EmmieLou said:
I am sure Kate gets lots of benefits from being linked to William so I will not lose any sleep over her getting photographed. As long as she does not get hurt then she will just have to live with it. In fact she always seems very plesant in the photos (not angry or aggressive) sometimes I think it is everyone else getting annoyed over the press and Kate herself is just dealing with it.
I hate how the press say she is dressing like a Princess in waiting, if that is the case then I have many, many friends who are going to marry a Prince!

You are probably right about Kate just dealing with it. I got upset for her, when they took photos of her trying dresses on, I think that is over the top.
I absolutely love your last paragraph and oh so true!:D

Skydragon said:
You are probably right about Kate just dealing with it. I got upset for her, when they took photos of her trying dresses on, I think that is over the top.
I absolutely love your last paragraph and oh so true!:D

indeed. she dresses well and i dont think she has really made any changes to her style over the years as media interest in her grew. she is beautiful, she has money and good taste. things which often dont go together. she is very lucky.

pollyemma said:
indeed. she dresses well and i dont think she has really made any changes to her style over the years as media interest in her grew. she is beautiful, she has money and good taste. things which often dont go together. she is very lucky.

I agree with you pollyemma.:) :) :)

I love that scarf! She looks great.

I am sure Kate gets lots of benefits from being linked to William

Of course, most people linked to royalty do benefit from it in one way or another.

so I will not lose any sleep over her getting photographed.
Thanks for your concern, I never loose sleep over anything except exams! :)

As long as she does not get hurt then she will just have to live with it.
I agree. What else could she do? If she remain the gf/partner of William, then its part of the package.

In fact she always seems very plesant in the photos (not angry or aggressive) sometimes I think it is everyone else getting annoyed over the press and Kate herself is just dealing with it.
I think she is a very clever woman. If she shows any sign of anger, frustration or bad temper, she'll only be giving away a free story to the press, giving them an excuse to exploit her again.

I also think its still quite a novelty to her, and if the press intrusions etc continue over time and intensifies eventually we will see her having a bad day.

I can see why people around her would be annoyed. They might be annoyed for her, eg William is very protective of her and others probably don't want to have a picture of them in The Sun either (which imo is a good sign of a true friend).

And lets not bring up the whole Diana issue, out of respect of the dead I am not going to say what I really think but I will say many things led to her death and it can not all be the fault of the paps.
I was trying to demonstrate the extent to which the paps will go to get their prize - an exclusive photo. Was not trying to bring up Di in an controversial fashion, but she happens to have had the most extreme case of it. Another example would be Princess Caroline of Monaco who has also sued the press in the past for intrusion into her private life.

And where does it stop? Where do we draw the line?

To me, the photos of her trying on dresses was just terrible intrusion. I would be pretty mad if someone took photos of members of my family trying on clothes. And it does not matter that she was decent and fully dressed, the concept itself is totally unexceptable.

May be the photos look innocent to us, but how do we really know what it is like to be followed ALL the time? This is what I am trying to say.

Don't get too mad, afterall the tabloids will write what ever will sell papers. They are not exactly going for editorial quality! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom