Kate Middleton Current Events 19: March-April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could just be that like any young person looking for their first job, she was able to use her parents friendship with the owners of Jigsaw. Many young people have done that in the past, 'the old boy network' is well known in this country. Or she could have applied, just like anyone else, but had the right attitude and qualifications, to be offered the job! :flowers:

Skydragon said:
Or it could just be that like any young person looking for their first job, she was able to use her parents friendship with the owners of Jigsaw. Many young people have done that in the past, 'the old boy network' is well known in this country. Or she could have applied, just like anyone else, but had the right attitude and qualifications, to be offered the job! :flowers:

Yes, the world according to Skydragon: No fuss, no plots, no plans, just random old school networks and life as usual. Nah, I like my timetables and methodologies! ;) :lol:

I really hate the pink light jacket, to ordinary!But I really love to see her in these last pictures!

Just A Thought??

Did you ever notice on Miss Middleton's right hand a gold band, it's not on the ring finger but next to it. I notice she wears it all the time. Do you think that maybe William gave it to her? And for some more spicey thought wonderful if it was Princess Diana's wedding band?? Again just food for thought?

The two do seem very commited in the relationship. And determined as should be they'll wed when their ready. I believe Miss Middletown is being eased in to the royal family like Camilla was.

Any thoughts on this????

patsy said:
And for some more spicey thought wonderful if it was Princess Diana's wedding band??

I guess it's possible, but I thought Diana's jewels were kept in the Diana museum. I remember Prince William was said to inherit the sapphires ring, but with it being so valuable and sentimental, I always suspected it must be kept in a vault somewhere. I'm not sure William would risk giving something so meaningful (and pilferable, vunerable to theft), to be worn by Middleton on her way to work, that seems unlikely to me. Maybe I am wrong, though.
I don't want to shoot down what might be a good idea. I would be surprised, that's all.

All of Diana's jewels are kept in the royal vaults.

Personally I think Patsy might have something to her idea. I agree it is unlikely it is anything of Diana's stuff. But maybe William gave Kate something like a promise ring. Wearing it on her middle finger makes it look pretty innocent, so no press speculation about the ring. William is very press savvy and I agree with Casiraghi trio earlier post this is being very well planned out by William and Kate (to a lesser extent).
To me it seems very unlikely William won't marry Kate at this point and it seems she is being trained to a certain extent like Camilla. So when she does marry, hopefully she will be able to avoid the problems Diana, Fergie and Sophie have had marrying into the family.
Is my British expression correct? " They are turning her into the wallpaper or is it furniture?

She's going from a wallflower to blending in with the furniture of history perhaps?

CasiraghiTrio said:
Yes, the world according to Skydragon: No fuss, no plots, no plans, just random old school networks and life as usual. Nah, I like my timetables and methodologies! ;) :lol:
Why look for plans and plots when the simple explanation is normally the one that turns out to be the truth! :rolleyes:
Jigsaw were probably the only company willing to take her, with all the excess baggage that entailed. :ROFLMAO:

i'm not normally a superstitious person but wouldn't it be bad luck to give an engagement from a marriage that ended in divorce even it was an heirloom? i could see it being reset and then given as a gift.

cde said:
Personally I think Patsy might have something to her idea. I agree it is unlikely it is anything of Diana's stuff. But maybe William gave Kate something like a promise ring. Wearing it on her middle finger makes it look pretty innocent, so no press speculation about the ring. William is very press savvy and I agree with Casiraghi trio earlier post this is being very well planned out by William and Kate (to a lesser extent).
To me it seems very unlikely William won't marry Kate at this point and it seems she is being trained to a certain extent like Camilla. So when she does marry, hopefully she will be able to avoid the problems Diana, Fergie and Sophie have had marrying into the family.
Is my British expression correct? " They are turning her into the wallpaper or is it furniture?

Yeah, I think a 'mock-ring' is possible. After all, William supposedly had a 'mock-engagement' with Jessica Craig. As his relationship with Middleton is certainly more serious, it would logically fit that they have a secret pact or something and she might a token of that pact.
I like your attempt at the British expression. I do think the "Diana and Fergie" of the eighties is somehow in the air, perhaps permanently, like the Abdication crisis that the BRF was so afraid Prince Charles would repeat, supposedly. Didn't one of the royals make a comment about Prince Charles in the seventies, being single too long, having all the "good ones" married and dangerously risking "another David".
I expect prince William might view things very carefully as he would understandably want to avoid his wife having the same adjustment issues that his poor mum had. He seems to be making the right choice in delaying marriage and I think Middleton will adjust beautifully.

But what is the proper expression wallpaper or furniture? I can't think of it and it is driving me crazy.

I agree I've long suspected that one of the rings Kate wears on the middle finger of each hand is a gift of some significance from William. She always wears the ring that has a small dark square inset with what looks like some small stone.

Luv2Cruise said:
She always wears the ring that has a small dark square inset with what looks like some small stone.
It sounds more like a signet ring that belonged to one of her grandfathers. :flowers:

cde said:
But what is the proper expression wallpaper or furniture? I can't think of it and it is driving me crazy.
You become part of the furniture. :flowers: The other one is that you blend in.

Last edited:
Chiyo said:
WENN Photo Library

Does this link work? I like her top.

When it opens to a new window with a blank page, just hit the refresh button and it should work. That's how I made it work for me.

Is that a new white bag she is using? Also, what a great ad for Starbucks Coffee when she walks out the door and the name is prominently featured above her.

-Ayvee

Last edited:
Regarding maymayflying's pics, trust ayvee. :)
Just as with Getty Images, click the refresh button if "the website declined to show this webpage" message appears.

Thanks guys, at first the link wouldn't work, but once I hit the refresh button, it did! She looks good, I like the white purse!

I think the top is quite trashy and cheap looking, but I do love those earrings.

Well it certainly looks like the new car arrived, what a lucky girl. Miss Middleton really likes her boots. What is the temperture there in England? Here in the states we normally wear boots when it's cold or snowing outside. Just curious!

I did a quick search and saw no mention of the fact that there's a brief article on Kate in the April 2007 issue of US Marie Claire with Sandra Oh on the cover. There's nothing new in the article, but it is online for those interested in reading it.

The Woman Who COuld Be Queen

Last edited:
I thought that pictures of her going to work had been banned and that she was only to be photographed in public places like nightclubs and the races? Maybe I misunderstood...

I think she looks great! I just wish she would lose those earrings during the day. They are for the evening. Otherwise she looks nice. Her new car is cute!

i like her earrings. quite fashionable. though, i think that wearing tight pants doesnnt flatter her that much. she kinda wear tight pants a lot with matching boots. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom