Kate Middleton Current Events 13: November 5-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
although i love reading about the royals in some ways it would be nice to go back to the old days before "the light was let in". it was a nice fairytale.

regardez said:
Out in the cold-it's Keyhole Kate

I wonder how long she was waiting. That's too bad. I'm always misplacing my keys too.
And she didn't get into her flat anyway. I wonder why she didn't call a locksmith? Then Kate and William left in separate cars? hmmmmm... And the Daily Mail insists there is an engagement coming next spring but says William has not proposed. Strange article.

Its also strange, because how many people have a different set of keys for home and car and it did say in the article she drove off, after her and William couldn't open the front door. :rolleyes: :neutral:

She didn't waste money on a locksmith because someone has a set of keys -- William and perhaps her neighbors. Her parents should also have a key IMO.

They left in separate cars because they probably went back to where he is staying for the rest of the weekend, until he returns to Sandhurst and she returns to her townhouse -- with a working set of keys that she probably left at William's -- or to her folks'.

No conspiracy, no story, except that even future Princesses lock themselves out of the house. :lol: What is interesting and what no one has seemed to pick up on is that WILLIAM HAS A SET OF KEYS TO HER PLACE. Kinda gives credence to the old debunked rumors that they would live together after college.:lol: They can't kid a kidder. :)

Last edited:
But William's key didn't open the door. I wonder why? Strange I'm telling you. So she leaves to go get her key. I wonder if it worked? And don't the two lovebirds spend all their free time together since William is away in the army? They arrived separately and left separately. Maybe William had to get back to Sandhurst but they didn't spend the weekend together? William was at Remembrance services on November 11th, I believe and the picture of them in front of Kate's flat was taken on November 12th. Just an observation.

I think they left in separate cars only because William had driven there to see if his key worked. If they went to wherever to hang for the weekend, they'd want to have their own cars, so William could drive back to Sandhurst and Kate would have her way back to London, I guess.

But it is extremely odd to have a different set of keys for car and home! How could she leave her house without the keys? Most houses lock from the outside.

Correction: William attended remembrance day services on November 12th so Kate waited for him to finish with his official duties to come and let her in her flat and the key didn't work anyway? And it seems clear they weren't together last weekend.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
But it is extremely odd to have a different set of keys for car and home! How could she leave her house without the keys? Most houses lock from the outside.

My husband has different sets of keys for car and house and office, and is forever hunting for one set or another.:) I like to have all my keys on the one ring because I like the comfort of knowing that if I'm driving my car I will be able to get into the house or office when I get there and don't have to wonder where the keys are, but not everyone does this. Because I like the convenience of all keys on the same ring, I don't use the car key with the fancy remote locking/unlocking thingy on it because it's too bulky.

As for house doors, there are many sorts. I have always had house door locks that locked by turning a knob on the inside before leaving, so I could easily leave the house without my keys. That's why I had to keep a spare hidden in the greenhouse. :lol:

A lot of doors in the UK lock automatically when the door is shut, especially in the older properties.

I keep my sets of keys separate, after I was told by the garage that to have extra weight dragging on the ignition, can cause damage to the electronics within the ignition housing. As it was a new car, I decided to do as I had been advised, (just for once).:lol:

Skydragon said:
A lot of doors in the UK lock automatically when the door is shut, especially in the older properties.

I keep my sets of keys separate, after I was told by the garage that to have extra weight dragging on the ignition, can cause damage to the electronics within the ignition housing. As it was a new car, I decided to do as I had been advised, (just for once).:lol:
Absolutely about the ignition Skydragon. With my last car I was the only one who knew how to jiggle the keys just so to start it--my car repair shop said it's because all of the keys I had on one ring tilted the ignition. Ever since I have had one key for my ignition, my house keys are on a separate ring.

How can anyone surmise a breakup from arriving and leaving separately? It's obvious they're still together if she's calling him to help her get in her place. Good Lord, these two are together and the longer they remain that way the more likely they'll be going down the aisle. I just read another article today that says she doesn't want to get married for fear of pressure to produce an heir, when she doesn't want to be pregnant now. I don't blame her. I'd much rather be criticized for being "lazy." Look at that Japanese princess who couldn't produce a son, as if it's her fault the Prince is making girls.:lol: She was a basket case under the intense scrutiny and pressure.

Last edited:
Here's a new conspiracy theory: I wonder if the lock was damaged by a papparazzo in the hopes that the next time William tried to let himself into her place with his keys, he would be stuck outside on her doorstep, thus allowing pictures of him on her doorstep

Kate sticks to path of unwedded bliss

Sunday Telegraph
November 19, 2006
Tim Walker

"Woolworths may have won headlines last week when it unveiled a range of commemorative gifts for a supposedly "imminent" wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton, but the High Street chain does not appear to have been acting on inside information.

A friend of Wills's 24-year-old girlfriend informs Mandrake that the couple, who have been together since they met at St Andrews University, will not be getting married in the near future..."

scroll down to read http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/11/19/dp1901.xml

Sounds like it could be spin from camp Middleton since they've probably realized William has not and is not going to propose marriage in the near future. Maybe now Kate will find employment.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt there is a "camp Middleton" that spins information to the media.

A Career At Last for Kate Middleton?

"For months she's been condemned as 'lazy', little more than a shopping queen who's desperately awaiting the moment she becomes a Princess. Now, though, Prince William's girlfriend, Kate Middleton, is reportedly entertaining thoughts of embarking on a new, full-time job...

A royal insider tells Mail journalist Nicholls: "Kate has been stung by suggestions she is lazy. Looking at wallpaper and fabrics with a view to doing up a home got her thinking about designing as a profession."

full article http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/1447/1/

You would have thought she had some idea about what her "career" path would be after spending 4 years and countless thousands of dollars of her parents money at university, but apparently she's finally going to get a job doing something, even if it is alleged that she came to the idea after dreaming about decorating her and William's future home in Herefordshire.:wacko:

Where is Miss Middleton flying off to?

South Africa. She is apparently going on safari with Richard Bransons children and a group of other people.

Mystery

Well let's really be outrageous.........

Kate does not have a job, because she is being paid to be William's girlfiend for the press. His actual girlfriend is in secret and being trained to be his wife. When the training is over we will see a big break up between William and Kate and this mystery girl will suddenly surface. William, the press will say fell head over heels and a quick marraige will follow and then you will be presented with William's wife.

This is just about as outrageous as anything else the press has thrown out to its readers.:wacko:

contessa said:
Well let's really be outrageous.........

Kate does not have a job, because she is being paid to be William's girlfiend for the press. His actual girlfriend is in secret and being trained to be his wife. When the training is over we will see a big break up between William and Kate and this mystery girl will suddenly surface. William, the press will say fell head over heels and a quick marraige will follow and then you will be presented with William's wife.

This is just about as outrageous as anything else the press has thrown out to its readers.:wacko:

And about five months after they get married a little princeling will be on the way:ROFLMAO: Sorry. Just had to throw that one in there.

This woolworth things perplexes me royally! Companies do not invest precious capital in a venture unless they have figures backing up a belief in its profitability. If they have invested this capital in manufacturing souvenirs for William and Kate's wedding (actually buying the materials, paying the people to do the work, or paying for people to operate the machines that do the work, to say nothing of benefits or whatelse) then they must be pretty damn sure that this wedding will happen. Why would they invest this capital like this on some wedding souvenirs that would be totally worthless if they break up tomorrow?

To be honest, the souvenirs are pretty worthless anyway. They're massed produced - basic white china with a heat-applied transfer. They'll probably end up in charity shops and bring and buy sales.

CasiraghiTrio said:
This woolworth things perplexes me royally! Companies do not invest precious capital in a venture unless they have figures backing up a belief in its profitability. If they have invested this capital in manufacturing souvenirs for William and Kate's wedding (actually buying the materials, paying the people to do the work, or paying for people to operate the machines that do the work, to say nothing of benefits or whatelse) then they must be pretty damn sure that this wedding will happen. Why would they invest this capital like this on some wedding souvenirs that would be totally worthless if they break up tomorrow?

I remember someone posted once that they had a key chain of Willem Alexander and one of his girlfriends. Even if they break up it might be funny to have.

I know she's young and everything and she should be having fun, but having too many holidays and hanging out with celebrities might not look good on her resume of becoming the future queen of England. She should be careful not to expose much of herself because it might haunt her in the future. Hope she enjoys her time in South Africa at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom