The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 03:59 PM
Courtier

Sophie looked great at Ascot. I wonder if she is going tomorrow as well.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Gentry

Sophie

Hope I linked this correctly. In my opinion... does Sophie look a little thick about the waist in the pictures or is it just the cut of the coat she is wearing?

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 06-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Courtier

I would agree with you, but it could be the coat and an uncomplementary photo angle. Look at the new pic of Sophie arriving. Nothing there. The belt might simply be emphasising.

Nice to see Chirstopher, David and Zara Rhys-Jones there. Now that is family support.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Nobility

Hey Sophe, hon, that satellite dish look thing on your head is getting a little old. Mix in a normal, symmetrical, colorful hat -- just to keep the look fresh, hmm? Thanks much.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not sure either about those flat hats she looks stunning in a hat with a wider brim but these are just a bit of fun .....I guess. The gray suit is nice but I am sorry she isn't in something brighter. Never mind at least she's there.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
originally posted by claire
Nice to see Chirstopher, David and Zara Rhys-Jones there. Now that is family support.
sorry my mistake, but where are they? i looked through the photos i thought but i am too stupid =)
thank you
Old 06-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Courtier

Pics

Hi Sydney

I put the pics in a photos bucket so that their order wouldn't be jumbled out later.

ceg_2002/sophie - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First pic: Prince Edward and Christopher Rhys-Jones. It was his 86th Birthday on the 19 June (the day before)

Forth Pic: From right - Daivid Rhys-Jones (next to his wife), Zara Rhys-Jones than Sophie and Sophie's cousin daughter of Theo Rhys-Jones. (I'm certain of te other two but this might not be right - please correct me if I'm wrong, but they really look like Rhy-Jones)

Seventh and Eighth: Sophie with Lord Ivar Mountbatten.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Gentry

I just laugh when I see the hats Sophie is wearing... and wonder how in the world she keeps them on her head..... :)
Old 06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

Any reason why she didn't ride in a carraige at Ascot this year?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Hair pins :)

No reason was given as to why Sophie and Anne and the Kents and Princess Alexander didn't ride in the procession. Might simply have been their time of arrival.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Is it my imagination, or did she recycle the satellite dish hat for Ascot? (If not, it bears an unfortunate resemblance IMO.)
Old 06-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Majesty

when was the last time we saw their louise
Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
The last pics I saw were of their skiing holiday earlier this year.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Old 06-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I put the pics in a photos bucket so that their order wouldn't be jumbled out later.

ceg_2002/sophie - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First pic: Prince Edward and Christopher Rhys-Jones. It was his 86th Birthday on the 19 June (the day before)

Forth Pic: From right - Daivid Rhys-Jones (next to his wife), Zara Rhys-Jones than Sophie and Sophie's cousin daughter of Theo Rhys-Jones. (I'm certain of te other two but this might not be right - please correct me if I'm wrong, but they really look like Rhy-Jones)
hey! thats really lovely of you and thank you for the explanations.
i am just really surprised by the looking of david and zara, well i ve looked for older photos from the windsor horse show, and mh i think they changed a lot and i can't really believe it, but i am not as well informed... =)

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/52825219.jpg
this is zara, we re told

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...y/52823199.jpg
and this the rhys jones couple

but of course the pics aren t so very good to compare, as a cause of quality
Old 06-26-2007, 03:01 PM

I'm sorry if this was already said but there are so many names thrown about. Are the two boys Sophie's nephews then?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I think the last was their ski vacation in March or April, right? I think it is strange that they don't bring her out and about much, not even to events where other children in both families are like the Windsor horse show. Edward's nieces and nephews all used to go to the Windsor horse show as children. Why don't they bring Louise? It's not like I'm suggesting they put her on display just for us, but why don't they bring anywhere, ever? It's strange.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie was the only Royal lady not to ride in a carraige at Ascot this year. Camilla and Princess Michael rode together, Princess Anne and the Duchess of Gloucester rode together two days later and Princess Alexandra was in the carraige behind them. (The Duchess of Kent wasn't there but she hasn't attended for years) That's why I find it odd.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

My understanding is that Edward and Sophie attended Ascot with Sophie's father and other members of her family. Assuming they arrived and remained together as a group, a separate "carriage arrival" on the Ascot course would have been out of the question.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie