The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Nobility

What an incredibly unflattering outfit, it makes her look fat. I like her Ascot outfits, at least they didn't make her look big.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I just found this picture of the Countess with the York Princesses at the Funeral of the Queen Mother in April 2002:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UDW_019115I_17A.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	159909   Click image for larger version

Name:	UGL_019116_0084.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	159910  

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-18-2005, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Official portrait for Sophie Friday, 17 June 2005 PRINCE Edward's wife Sophie has begun sittings for her first official portrait.

The Countess of Wessex is colonel-in-chief of Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps, and it will hang in their Surrey HQ.

The Queen's favourite artist Richard Stone, who has painted many royals, has been given the commission.

Sophie, 40, has already posed several times at her Bagshot Park mansion in Surrey.

Stone said: "She is a very natural person and lovely to be with.

"We often chat during the sittings and I have found she is extremely interested in the arts."

Sophie is wearing an evening dress for the threequarter-length portrait, with an embroidered jacket.

By Nathan Yates 17 June 2005
Mirror
Old 06-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
Official portrait for Sophie Friday, 17 June 2005 PRINCE Edward's wife Sophie has begun sittings for her first official portrait.

The Countess of Wessex is colonel-in-chief of Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps, and it will hang in their Surrey HQ.

The Queen's favourite artist Richard Stone, who has painted many royals, has been given the commission.

Sophie, 40, has already posed several times at her Bagshot Park mansion in Surrey.

Stone said: "She is a very natural person and lovely to be with.

"We often chat during the sittings and I have found she is extremely interested in the arts."

Sophie is wearing an evening dress for the threequarter-length portrait, with an embroidered jacket.

By Nathan Yates 17 June 2005
Mirror
Great!Sophie's first Portrait,i think it would be a great one with a lovely Countess.:)
Old 06-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

My louise's wallpaper....
I found the article in daily mail on the Christmas card of wessesex, to see the card is necessary to be registered, somebody is member?.
the name of article is: Christmas yawns from the Wessexes
by Richard Kay - 24/12/2003
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wallpaper de louise.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	160815  
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-19-2005, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Today is Edward and Sophie's 6th Wedding Anniversary.I wish them happy today,tomorrow and happy for their lovely and sweet marriage.
Old 06-19-2005, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy Anniversary to couples Earl and Countess of Wessex on their 6th wedding anniversary both still good couples for years!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-19-2005, 05:19 AM
Nobility

happy anniversary to the Earl and Countess of Wessex. wish them a lifetime of happiness.

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 06-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
happy anniversary to the Earl and Countess of Wessex. wish them a lifetime of happiness.
The Countess of Essex arrives at the ?In The Pink? charity party in aid of Breast Cancer Haven at Cadogan Hall on June 20, 2005 in London, England
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53108175.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	161572   Click image for larger version

Name:	53108381.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	161573   Click image for larger version

Name:	53108185.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	161574   Click image for larger version

Name:	53108382.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	161575  

Old 06-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

countess please!!!! first the ugly hat now that ugly pink thing around your neck!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Courtier

For In the Pink, it is usual to wear something pink, but Sophie could have gone with a pink top or dress, something other than the bandanna. The top is awful and ill-fitting, but the skirt is nice. It looks like she's wearing a fancy lumberjack shirt. If the top were a wrap top, even in that fabric, it would have looked better because it would have made her look thinner.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Is it some sort of new fashion to be combining a tailored, heavy top with a floaty skirt? This is at least the third time recently she's come up with a combination like that, and it looks unbalanced.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Courtier

Not any fashion trend I've seen (or would ever follow). Perhaps Ulrich or Laura are trying to set a trend.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Some other pics:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Resize of 53110200.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	161723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of 53110203.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	161724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of 53110561.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	161725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of 53110563.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	161726  

Name:	Resize of 53110567.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	161727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of 53110575.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	161728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize of 53110579.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	161729  
Old 06-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Today the Countess of Wesex will open the Haste Wing at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford,Surrey.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Courtier

The countess looks amazing as usual
Old 06-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

HELLO MAGAZINE

21 JUNE 2005

Things were looking distinctly rosy for Sophie Wessex when she stepped out for a glitzy party in Chelsea this week. The Countess met up with a roll-call of celebrity beauties when she turned out for the annual "In The Pink" charity ball in the capital's Cardigan Hall.

TV presenter Jenni Falconer turned on the glam in floor-length satin, while broadcaster Yasmin Mills opted for a sultry wine-coloured creation with plunging neckline. Also in attendance was Heather Mills-McCartney, turning heads in a halter-neck creation in cream chiffon, along with former EastEnder Patsy Palmer and The Pianist star Emilia Fox.

Sophie was by no means the only royal to grace the event, though, as Lady Gabriella Windsor was likewise mingling among the well-heeled guests. The 24-year-old royal, who made her mark in black lace over a skin-toned slip, was accompanied by her much talked-about beau Aatish Taseer.

The couple went along to show their support for Breast Cancer Haven, which is to receive all proceeds from the bash. The charity provides alternative and complementary therapies for those affected by the disease.

All eyes were on Lady Gabriella and her boyfriend Aatish Taseer. She first met the Indian journalist while studying at Brown University in the US
Photo: Rex
Click on photos for gallery

Sophie Wessex was guest of honour at the glitzy bash. She's not the only royal who supports Breast Cancer Haven, because her brother-in-law Prince Charles opened their first centre four years ago
Photo: Alphapress.com
Old 06-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Nobility

IMO Sophie's In the Pink outfit is awful! unflattering, doesn't match, and inappropriate: she looks like she is going to a barbeque hoe-down and everyone else is dressed formally or cocktail party-ish. I think Lady Gabrielle's dress strikes a good balance between summer formal and cocktail party and classy (though I don't actually love the dress).
Old 06-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Commoner

The new Hello! magazine issue has a really wonderful article about Sophie and Edward in Canada. Obviously I can't copy the article to post it, but I want to qoute the last sentences because they're so very nice :):

"Frequent visitors to the Commonwealth country, the Wessexes have been described by the Canadian media as "affable","non-stuffy" and "sincere". Always low-key but deeply affectionate, they celebrate their wedding anniversary this weekend, as what has been called "probably the happiest royal marriage of all" enters its seventh year."
:)
I love the Hello! magazine they're always writing such nice things.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japy28
The new Hello! magazine issue has a really wonderful article about Sophie and Edward in Canada. Obviously I can't copy the article to post it, but I want to qoute the last sentences because they're so very nice :):

"Frequent visitors to the Commonwealth country, the Wessexes have been described by the Canadian media as "affable","non-stuffy" and "sincere". Always low-key but deeply affectionate, they celebrate their wedding anniversary this weekend, as what has been called "probably the happiest royal marriage of all" enters its seventh year."
:)
I love the Hello! magazine they're always writing such nice things.

REGAIN Sports Award Luncheon
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2787504.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	162156   Click image for larger version

Name:	2787514.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	162157  

Tags