The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 01-27-2019, 10:41 AM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,535
I think these "journalists" believe when they have a close moment with a royal they have an all access pass to that royal's secrets and life. If the royal doesn't spill tea the journo trashes the royal. Harry was a mess but he grew up. He is a husband and soon to be father. These Harry-is-whipped-because-he-won't- disrespect-Meghan-with-partying-and-skirt chasing stories are getting old.
__________________

  #162  
Old 01-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
There are so many bizarre things from “insiders” there that I don’t even know where to start. Page Six is known for being a gossiper for those that don’t know. What’s odd here is that it doesn’t seem their “sources” are sharing anything that any inside details, but their personal opinions analyzing a story from afar. With many flawed logic. I always find it weird that supposed “insiders”, if they are actually close to Meghan and Harry, seem to get basic facts wrong. Like blaming ELF and Samantha leaving on Meghan. Truth of matter is, a lot of royal staff has left from a number of households in the last couple of years. And the press has tried to blame a number of them on a Meghan even if they didn’t work for her or even KP.

Btw, I find this narrative that Harry is hating on the press because Meghan wants him to odd. Meghan is actually the nicest of the young royals to the press. While she isn’t as chatty with them as Camilla is, she at least acknowledges that there are human beings standing there rather than just being plain uncooperative like some other young royals have been and treat them as air. That’s actually been pointed out at times by RRs covering her event.
__________________

  #163  
Old 01-27-2019, 11:00 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I think these "journalists" believe when they have a close moment with a royal they have an all access pass to that royal's secrets and life. If the royal doesn't spill tea the journo trashes the royal. Harry was a mess but he grew up. He is a husband and soon to be father. These Harry-is-whipped-because-he-won't- disrespect-Meghan-with-partying-and-skirt chasing stories are getting old.
There does seem to be a few noses out of joint because they can’t handle the fact that Harry has grown up. He’s not that same royal wild child they loved writing about.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #164  
Old 01-27-2019, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,174
It's frustrating, when these factually incorrect articles get quoted everywhere once some reporter decides/is told to write a story. This article had so many facts wrong, that it's hard to believe any of it is true.
  #165  
Old 01-28-2019, 09:27 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Make what you will of this article....

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/26/how-m...-prince-harry/
Stupid. They had just been forced by circumstances to announce the pregnancy. And who would be surprised there were no pally drink nights? No sidling up to share bestie opinions?

Also, Harry now has a life partner which nicely fills a lot of his companionship needs on tour. No surprise that he has stopped the extra social events that filled lonely nights.

__________________
"And the tabloid press will be a pain in the ass, as usual." - Royal Norway
  #166  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:07 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
There are so many bizarre things from “insiders” there that I don’t even know where to start. Page Six is known for being a gossiper for those that don’t know. What’s odd here is that it doesn’t seem their “sources” are sharing anything that any inside details, but their personal opinions analyzing a story from afar. With many flawed logic. I always find it weird that supposed “insiders”, if they are actually close to Meghan and Harry, seem to get basic facts wrong. Like blaming ELF and Samantha leaving on Meghan. Truth of matter is, a lot of royal staff has left from a number of households in the last couple of years. And the press has tried to blame a number of them on a Meghan even if they didn’t work for her or even KP.

Btw, I find this narrative that Harry is hating on the press because Meghan wants him to odd. Meghan is actually the nicest of the young royals to the press. While she isn’t as chatty with them as Camilla is, she at least acknowledges that there are human beings standing there rather than just being plain uncooperative like some other young royals have been and treat them as air. That’s actually been pointed out at times by RRs covering her event.

Only one person left that could be possibly attributed to Meghan. ELF was supposed to leave earlier but only stayed on to help, Samantha's original problem was with Buckingham Palace but was loaned to H&M to help them for 6 months but then agreed to stay on until a replacement was found. The RPO left the entire force all together for personal reasons and yet EVERY article uses their leaving as proof against Meghan, and Meghan ONLY.
  #167  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:26 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,770
Everyone need to respect the fact that - Harry is now in his thirties, married and about to become a father for the first time. He can’t be the same immature prince as everyone used to know him as. We know folks had tons of fun with him during that time. Those days are long gone. He’s a grown man with responsibilities on his shoulders.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #168  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Only one person left that could be possibly attributed to Meghan. ELF was supposed to leave earlier but only stayed on to help, Samantha's original problem was with Buckingham Palace but was loaned to H&M to help them for 6 months but then agreed to stay on until a replacement was found. The RPO left the entire force all together for personal reasons and yet EVERY article uses their leaving as proof against Meghan, and Meghan ONLY.
Not to mention that the woman that's been with Meghan the closest and longest seems to be happy whenever we see her and fiercely protective of her boss. Amy Pickerill was sequestered by Harry's office early on during their engagement to support Meghan. She's works closer with Meghan than any of these people that are supposedly so close to Meghan.
  #169  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:35 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mokane, United States
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Everyone need to respect the fact that - Harry is now in his thirties, married and about to become a father for the first time. He can’t be the same immature prince as everyone used to know him as. We know folks had tons of fun with him during that time. Those days are long gone. He’s a grown man with responsibilities on his shoulders.
Very, very true. That said, if and again I said if, there's any truth to the rumors that he's become demanding, rude, and high maintenance with his staff and others around him, then that's a problem. One can be a mature, adult, grown man without being a jerk. Again, we don't know if there's any truth to those rumors or not, though personally I wouldn't be surprised if there's a hint of truth in them given all of the stresses that have played out over the last year in the lives of the Sussexes. No one should be expecting Harry to be the immature, party boy, playing the field prince that he was in his younger days but at the same time, being a responsible adult with adult responsibilities doesn't mean you have to completely change your easy-going, down to earth, lighthearted, familiar type of personality and should it be the case that Harry's personality has drastically changed then I can see where it would have caught his staff and those close to him completely off guard and caused concern.
  #170  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:52 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Very, very true. That said, if and again I said if, there's any truth to the rumors that he's become demanding, rude, and high maintenance with his staff and others around him, then that's a problem. One can be a mature, adult, grown man without being a jerk. Again, we don't know if there's any truth to those rumors or not, though personally I wouldn't be surprised if there's a hint of truth in them given all of the stresses that have played out over the last year in the lives of the Sussexes. No one should be expecting Harry to be the immature, party boy, playing the field prince that he was in his younger days but at the same time, being a responsible adult with adult responsibilities doesn't mean you have to completely change your easy-going, down to earth, lighthearted, familiar type of personality and should it be the case that Harry's personality has drastically changed then I can see where it would have caught his staff and those close to him completely off guard and caused concern.
I really do think this have something to do with Harry maturing. It was popular to write about the Vegas prince and Nazi uniform prince. The folks in the media weren’t prepared to let that kind of prince go.

Also, some folks have a problem with, Meghan. Everybody and their mama was looking to see how Meghan would handle that big tour. I don’t think people was prepared for her to perform that well. After the royal couple got back - there was this idea that, Meghan, think she’s too much and have a big head. So there was a major effort - online and in the press - to bring, Meghan, down to size. Like as if she think she’s the future Queen and leaving, Catherine, in the dust.

In some parts the royal watchers world; there’s not enough room in London for these two popular Duchesses. You can only like one, but, not both.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #171  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:10 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,405
When Harry and Meghan announced their engagement Duncan was on one of the many shows talking about it and "joked" that he hoped marriage wouldn't make Harry "boring" because they enjoyed his wild side. So color me not surprised that he is complaining about the very thing he said he hoped wouldn't happen.

Duncan has another book to promote. He makes a living off these people making headlines and the popular prince is not giving him the material he desires. As I mentioned up-thread, he speaks of what happened on tour when he was not there which directly contradicts what was said by RRs who were actually there.
  #172  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I really do think this have something to do with Harry maturing. It was popular to write about the Vegas prince and Nazi uniform prince. The folks in the media weren’t prepared to let that kind of prince go.

Also, some folks have a problem with, Meghan. Everybody and their mama was looking to see how Meghan would handle that big tour. I don’t think people was prepared for her to perform that well. After the royal couple got back - there was this idea that, Meghan, think she’s too much and have a big head. So there was a major effort - online and in the press - to bring, Meghan, down to size. Like as if she think she’s the future Queen and leaving, Catherine, in the dust.

In some parts the royal watchers world; there’s not enough room in London for these two popular Duchesses. You can only like one, but, not both.
What has bothered me about this whole narrative they all of sudden decided to push in the last couple of months (and in the months leading up to it, it was that they are too friendly with staff) is that it's all blamed on Meghan. Harry, supposedly, acts high maintenance, it's Meghan's fault. Even if Harry is behaving that way, why is it Meghan's fault? The press seems to push that narrative. This is all Meghan's fault. Regardless if it's her actions or others. Meghan works hard, then she's demanding. She has a lot of ideas of what she wants to do, then that's too much for KP staff to handle. Instead questioning if KP has sufficient staff or competent staff if they really can't handle it, Meghan is demanding. I could go on, but I think we all get the point.

At what point do people stop blaming everything on the woman, even actions by her husband, and go out of their way to portray something that's positive and turn it into a negative?
  #173  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:29 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,770
Duncan and others thought they would have the wild and mischievous Harry around much longer before turning their attention to the Cambridge kids. All of this, despite Harry being very candid with the media on his personal desire of wanting to settle down with someone who can handle to royal job and have some kids.

Harry made the transition to being a husband, Duke and full time royal senior royal, and, some royal watchers and royal reporters/correspondents didn’t make that transition with him. They expected this out of William, but not Harry. The narrative of Harry being the ‘Princess Margaret’ of the Family was decided long ago and he’s messing with their chosen narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What has bothered me about this whole narrative they all of sudden decided to push in the last couple of months (and in the months leading up to it, it was that they are too friendly with staff) is that it's all blamed on Meghan. Harry, supposedly, acts high maintenance, it's Meghan's fault. Even if Harry is behaving that way, why is it Meghan's fault? The press seems to push that narrative. This is all Meghan's fault. Regardless if it's her actions or others. Meghan works hard, then she's demanding. She has a lot of ideas of what she wants to do, then that's too much for KP staff to handle. Instead questioning if KP has sufficient staff or competent staff if they really can't handle it, Meghan is demanding. I could go on, but I think we all get the point.

At what point do people stop blaming everything on the woman, even actions by her husband, and go out of their way to portray something that's positive and turn it into a negative?
Some folks have a problem with, Meghan, being a former actress and American. Despite the royal family and British people and parts of the Commonwealth welcoming her with open arms - she wasn’t plucked from the English Home Counties and some think she’s too much of an outsider. Too much change, in their opinion.

So the idea is now to make her a problem and everything that surrounds her a problem.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #174  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
The weird thing is, Harry has never been a playboy like they keep calling him. He's had two long term relationship before meeting his wife. Yet everyone tries to link him to every single woman that comes within ten feet of him. While Harry partied and such, there has never been any evidence that he jumped from women to women and played the field.
  #175  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Zaira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: A, United States
Posts: 1,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What has bothered me about this whole narrative they all of sudden decided to push in the last couple of months (and in the months leading up to it, it was that they are too friendly with staff) is that it's all blamed on Meghan. Harry, supposedly, acts high maintenance, it's Meghan's fault. Even if Harry is behaving that way, why is it Meghan's fault? The press seems to push that narrative. This is all Meghan's fault. Regardless if it's her actions or others. Meghan works hard, then she's demanding. She has a lot of ideas of what she wants to do, then that's too much for KP staff to handle. Instead questioning if KP has sufficient staff or competent staff if they really can't handle it, Meghan is demanding. I could go on, but I think we all get the point.

At what point do people stop blaming everything on the woman, even actions by her husband, and go out of their way to portray something that's positive and turn it into a negative?
Bingo. I certainly hope Harry hasn't taken his frustrations with the press out on his staff, but it honestly wouldn't shock me. But how exactly that is Meghan's fault is beyond me. Especially since Meghan seems nothing but attentive and kind to those around her given her relationships with the Suits backstage crew and stuff. She makes an effort to acknowledge the press event, giving them New Years wishes or saying hello. This blaming everything on the wife is just plain old sexism at work. Apparently, grown men are not actually in control of their own lives, decisions, and emotions

Harry has always been known as one of the most easy-going and beloved royals among the BRF staff. I really hope that hasn't changed, for the record. However, if he feels his staff is not respecting his wife as they should, then he has every right to call that out. Meghan is also their boss too. I have long felt the now infamous "what Meghan wants, she gets" comment has been taken out of context. The context possibly being staff going over Meghan to Harry with things or ignoring her requests. But of course, that doesn't make as juicy a story as demanding Meghan makes put upon Harry go after he staff.
  #176  
Old 01-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
And btw, Harry is not the first man to say "whatever (insert SO name) wants, she gets". Nor is it always a bad thing when I've heard it. Yet somehow that's such scandalous and terrible thing for Harry to say. Some people actually finds it sweet to a husband/fiance wants to give their SO the best they can.
  #177  
Old 01-28-2019, 03:17 PM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,405
I do notice that the narrative shifts as the story dies down. For a while we had that Meghan was too nice "Huggy Wuggy" was the DM mocking her. Remember that story? Then it was that she engages too much which is a security threat.

I guess when they didn't work so they switched to she is mean and makes people cry and flee from her evilness. Now that has been picked apart and not going over as well as they hope it has now turned into she is making Harry too serious because he doesn't joke around with some of the press anymore.

My goodness pick a lane.
  #178  
Old 01-28-2019, 04:15 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Moose Jaw, Canada
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
I do notice that the narrative shifts as the story dies down. For a while we had that Meghan was too nice "Huggy Wuggy" was the DM mocking her. Remember that story? Then it was that she engages too much which is a security threat.

I guess when they didn't work so they switched to she is mean and makes people cry and flee from her evilness. Now that has been picked apart and not going over as well as they hope it has now turned into she is making Harry too serious because he doesn't joke around with some of the press anymore.

My goodness pick a lane.
All these articles about friction between Meghan (and Harry) with the staff for whatever reason (different working style, or as some article strongly suggest members of staff are snobby towards Meghan)

The next phase of reporting as the Sussexes hire new people and form their own team is going to be how staff the Sussexes have chosen are rude and pushy towards the royal household staff and how their team is causing problems

We already see some mentions of Amy being called pushy in articles and the media calling the Sussex's security team during the tour overly aggressive
  #179  
Old 01-28-2019, 09:09 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,092
The Duchess Meghan V Duchess Catherine seems to have started a wildfire. The Police were discussing the hours it takes to cover the hate messages on social media and places like the DM. It seems both ladies have been threatened to a degree that the police find shocking. If a C fan tells an M fan to go drink bleach they have long left the gossip lane and are on the expressway to crazytown. The trouble is that crazy's are totally unpredictable and therefore pose a significant threat to both Duchesses.

The PPO's are taking it seriously and that is why Meghan shutting her own door is a nono as, should a crazy get past the police, there is nowhere for Meghan to go because the car door is shut and most new cars automatically lock.

We know the seatbelt alarm is turned off so the PPO can do his/her job without the alarm driving everyone nuts. It also seems that they will be looking into modifications to the automatic locking system. Now if that doesn't scare you it sure scares me and the police.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #180  
Old 01-28-2019, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 4,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
So basically, courtesy of the paparazzi creating vile stories about Meghan and Catherine and fanning the flames of discontent and blaming Meghan because she supposedly made Catherine cry, etc., they have created a sick and seething army of fans hating on both duchesses and each other.
The truly sickening part is that someone has said they are praying for the deaths of the Cambridge children! Similar comments are directed at the Sussex baby.


What kind of person would say that about little children?
Who could even think that??
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1136 12-04-2018 06:00 PM




Popular Tags
alqasimi aristocracy armenia belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch history felipe vi foundation french revolution genealogy germany head of the house henry v house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha jumma kiko king philippe letter lithuanian castles marriage mbs meghan markle monaco christening monaco history monarchist monogram naples nelson mandela bay nobel 2019 norwegian royal family official visit palaces potential areas prince harry prince of wales rania of jordan romanov family rumania shakespeare south africa south korea spain spanish history spanish royal state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty tracts united kingdom usa windy city


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×