The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 02:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Page six said, that it was an employee at the Laduree who tipped them off.

As for privacy.. Once the press were tipped off, it was either sneaking through back doors, and the paparazzi would've chased her regardless, and it would've been extremely unsafe. Or arrange barricades for the press to stay behind, and Meghan and her friends would get in and out without hassle.

She didn't trade any privacy. She was pictured going in and out of hotels and restaurants, that's it. It has happened to other royals too, so this fuzz about Meghan being pictured seems silly.

I'm so glad Meghan was able to do this trip, meet up and celebrate with her old friends, they've been loyal and supportive, and I think they all needed this time together.
Again we are *assuming* it was someone at the Laduree, we do not have proof in the way of names who reported this to page 6 do we? It is just an assumption that it was an employee at the restaurant, for all we know it could of been the guy across the street or the Easter Bunny with a cell phone taking pictures.

And yes she did trade her privacy for a few pictures as she gave the media just what they wanted here.....that is a fact! And nothing wrong with that as that was her choice......Meghan took I am thinking everything into consideration being pregnant, time of day, how many reporters where out there, what was going to happen next...and more before she walked to the car....now to follow her to the airport .................

Old 02-20-2019, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Once it was known that Meghan was in NYC there was NO way she would have been allowed to fly below the radar. Frankly, its amazing that she was there three days and no one knew.

It was better to tackle the bull by the horns and let the paps take the necessary pics. It would have only caused a headache (and lead to a potential danger) if she had tried to sneak around.

And as for that employee at Laudree...yeah....I hope whatever they got paid was worth it.....if they find out who it was...I am thinking they are going to be looking for a new job....places like that value discretion....

Old 02-20-2019, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
[/B]

First do not put words in my comment that I said, as I did not say this was a game or that Meghan should play cat and mouse with the media.....and when it got out that she was there that is when the security would give her advice on what to do, they could tell her all the different options she had and then it would be her choice as to what to do....I see nothing wrong with using the back door as long as that is what Meghan would of wanted, after all it is HER choice on what to do. I am still of the firm belief that if a person wants their privacy then they can have that 100% regardless of who knows what or whomever knows they are somewhere. Royals have proven that they can fly and go under the radar all the time regardless of where they are going or with whom...that is a given. And we all can have our different opinions on privacy or not to have privacy....
That is NOT how security works in this case. It’s not as if they are from a private security firm for hire. These are government employees given a charge to protect by any means necessary. It is not her call how they leave. Her choices were if she’ll keep her plans or change them and just stay in the hotel for her trip. If she is going to put, it’s up to the security team on how. Some of the ideas are pretty unreliastic.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Again we are *assuming* it was someone at the Laduree, we do not have proof in the way of names who reported this to page 6 do we? It is just an assumption that it was an employee at the restaurant, for all we know it could of been the guy across the street or the Easter Bunny with a cell phone taking pictures.

And yes she did trade her privacy for a few pictures as she gave the media just what they wanted here.....that is a fact! And nothing wrong with that as that was her choice......Meghan took I am thinking everything into consideration being pregnant, time of day, how many reporters where out there, what was going to happen next...and more before she walked to the car....now to follow her to the airport .................
Page 6 is a true source of NYC gossip that goes back a LONG WAY and is both respected and feared. They are pretty much on point with their gossip. Their main competition back in the day was Liz Smith of the NY Daily News...so they had to try to stay competitive with her. Considering how many VIP's, celebrities, that walk around in NYC....I imagine that many people who serve them know who to contact if they have some gossip (including who, what and where people are).

ETA: For Page Six, this is a true "Get" knowing that Meghan was in NYC before everyone else!

Old 02-20-2019, 02:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Once it was known that Meghan was in NYC there was NO way she would have been allowed to fly below the radar. Frankly, its amazing that she was there three days and no one knew.

It was better to tackle the bull by the horns and let the paps take the necessary pics. It would have only caused a headache (and lead to a potential danger) if she had tried to sneak around.

And as for that employee at Laudree...yeah....I hope whatever they got paid was worth it.....if they find out who it was...I am thinking they are going to be looking for a new job....places like that value discretion....
Oh, trust me. They will find out. It's not really hard to do. These types of places pride themselves on keeping their clientele happy and that includes privacy to enjoy their time without photogs in their faces. That tip off is going to cost someone their job.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I personally think, that security decisions aren't Meghan's choice. Imo the safer option was to do exactly what they did, bring barriers, and have the press behind them. Sneaking through back doors with the press able to get closer, that wouldn't have been a safer option.

The royals have travelled incognito, but they also have been spotted and pictured while doing so. This wasn't the first time a royal was pictured going in and out of hotels and restaurants, and it won't be the last either.
And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Page 6 is a true source of NYC gossip that goes back a LONG WAY and is both respected and feared. They are pretty much on point with their gossip. Considering how many VIP's, celebrities, that walk around in NYC....I imagine that many people who serve them know who to contact.
Page Six is notorious and would give "palace sources" a run for their money. They have spies EVERYWHERE.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

No one is assuming anything. Publications flat out said someone that works there. While they donít release actual names, as they typically donít, they arenít going to lie about something like this.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Frankly, I am impressed that she has been there for 3 to 4 days and this is the first we heard about it. If Meghan really wanted to be seen...there would have been pics of her at the airport, arriving at the hotel, shopping on Fifth Avenue, and doing the regular lunches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Oh, trust me. They will find out. It's not really hard to do. These types of places pride themselves on keeping their clientele happy and that includes privacy to enjoy their time without photogs in their faces. That tip off is going to cost someone their job.
Yes...I think someone might lose their job over this one.

Courtier

Quote:
And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.
M Payton, I understand where you are coming from and it most cases yes I would agree with you, however, this is not correct for this situation. When the State Department and NYPD are involved, the client doesn't really get a say, especially if it's a high security risk situation. We are talking about government actors in essence coordinating with representatives (RPO) from a foreign government. Trust me, the DoS had to rely on their expertise and judgement.She had very little say when all was said and done.
Serene Highness

Quote:
The security is responsible of keeping her safe. They aren't a privately hired security team, they work for the government, not for Meghan. It's a pretty much a fact, that Meghan doesn't make any decisions about how the security team works.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That may be true on her work. However, she is NOT qualified to make security assessments. It’s very typical in cases where someone is offered government protection. If they are to be responsible for her safety, she’ll have to follow their assessment. She can do whatever she wants if she takes on the risk herself, in which case she would essentially have to relinquish her protection detail.

To go against security in this case would be reckless. And Meghan has never struck me as reckless. Or stupid for that matter.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, the decisions are made by her security team. Her security does not answer to Meghan but rather to their employer which is the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard. She does not tell them what she's doing. They tell her what she's doing when it comes to matters of her security.

Her security team was well prepared. If the MO was followed for this trip that royal security takes, they would have scouted out every inch of every place that Meghan was to be before hand and have plans of action in place for whatever may happen. Meghan doesn't take a step in public that isn't deemed safe. Her security force does their job.

They got her safely from Point A to Point B and I'll bet my last portobello mushroom that if she used the rest room at the art gallery, her security ensured she was even absolutely safe in there.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-20-2019, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

May Her Royal Highness have a safe trip back home.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent

New York gossip scene has always been an interesting case. It’s not like anything else I’ve seen. They are quite old school. Their reach isn’t so wide as they are deep. As in, it’s rare for them to venture too much out of NYC. However, if it’s happening in NYC, they definitely have ears to the ground. Celebrity publications like People and US Weekly have NOTHING on them even though those magazines have their own sources.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, the decisions are made by her security team. Her security does not answer to Meghan but rather to their employer which is the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard. She does not tell them what she's doing. They tell her what she's doing when it comes to matters of her security.

Her security team was well prepared. If the MO was followed for this trip that royal security takes, they would have scouted out every inch of every place that Meghan was to be before hand and have plans of action in place for whatever may happen. Meghan doesn't take a step in public that isn't deemed safe. Her security force does their job.

They got her safely from Point A to Point B and I'll bet my last portobello mushroom that if she used the rest room at the art gallery, her security ensured she was even absolutely safe in there.
Absolutely. One example: with all of the hoopla, the AP got video of her and Abigail inside the restaurant. A restaurant rep greeted them and sat them down, and from outside across the street in another building you could probably read Meghan's lips if you were good at lip reading. She didn't get to sit down for 30 seconds before her security and the restaurant rep moved her and Abby to a different location that was not near glass and that was easily spotted from the outside. All of this is considered.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

What shocking to me is AP and Reuter got into this today. It’s like seriously?
Old 02-20-2019, 02:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What shocking to me is AP and Reuter got into this today. Itís like seriously?
YEP. Like bees to honey.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

How is the weather in NYC today? Any cancelled flights? Hope Meghan is able to get her flight home.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
How is the weather in NYC today? Any cancelled flights? Hope Meghan is able to get her flight home.
The storm's not coming through until around 9am. The heaviest from noon. There were a few delayed flights to London this evening, but those for the early morning are on time so far.

I'm also guessing that KP won't release details of the Morocco trip on twitter until she is back in London. So maybe by tomorrow afternoon our time. I know that RR were briefed already.

Closed Thread