The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #541  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:20 AM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Page six said, that it was an employee at the Laduree who tipped them off.

As for privacy.. Once the press were tipped off, it was either sneaking through back doors, and the paparazzi would've chased her regardless, and it would've been extremely unsafe. Or arrange barricades for the press to stay behind, and Meghan and her friends would get in and out without hassle.

She didn't trade any privacy. She was pictured going in and out of hotels and restaurants, that's it. It has happened to other royals too, so this fuzz about Meghan being pictured seems silly.

I'm so glad Meghan was able to do this trip, meet up and celebrate with her old friends, they've been loyal and supportive, and I think they all needed this time together.
Again we are *assuming* it was someone at the Laduree, we do not have proof in the way of names who reported this to page 6 do we? It is just an assumption that it was an employee at the restaurant, for all we know it could of been the guy across the street or the Easter Bunny with a cell phone taking pictures.

And yes she did trade her privacy for a few pictures as she gave the media just what they wanted here.....that is a fact! And nothing wrong with that as that was her choice......Meghan took I am thinking everything into consideration being pregnant, time of day, how many reporters where out there, what was going to happen next...and more before she walked to the car....now to follow her to the airport .................
__________________

  #542  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:21 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,629
Once it was known that Meghan was in NYC there was NO way she would have been allowed to fly below the radar. Frankly, its amazing that she was there three days and no one knew.

It was better to tackle the bull by the horns and let the paps take the necessary pics. It would have only caused a headache (and lead to a potential danger) if she had tried to sneak around.

And as for that employee at Laudree...yeah....I hope whatever they got paid was worth it.....if they find out who it was...I am thinking they are going to be looking for a new job....places like that value discretion....
__________________

__________________
.

  #543  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
[/B]

First do not put words in my comment that I said, as I did not say this was a game or that Meghan should play cat and mouse with the media.....and when it got out that she was there that is when the security would give her advice on what to do, they could tell her all the different options she had and then it would be her choice as to what to do....I see nothing wrong with using the back door as long as that is what Meghan would of wanted, after all it is HER choice on what to do. I am still of the firm belief that if a person wants their privacy then they can have that 100% regardless of who knows what or whomever knows they are somewhere. Royals have proven that they can fly and go under the radar all the time regardless of where they are going or with whom...that is a given. And we all can have our different opinions on privacy or not to have privacy....
That is NOT how security works in this case. It’s not as if they are from a private security firm for hire. These are government employees given a charge to protect by any means necessary. It is not her call how they leave. Her choices were if she’ll keep her plans or change them and just stay in the hotel for her trip. If she is going to put, it’s up to the security team on how. Some of the ideas are pretty unreliastic.
  #544  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:23 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Again we are *assuming* it was someone at the Laduree, we do not have proof in the way of names who reported this to page 6 do we? It is just an assumption that it was an employee at the restaurant, for all we know it could of been the guy across the street or the Easter Bunny with a cell phone taking pictures.

And yes she did trade her privacy for a few pictures as she gave the media just what they wanted here.....that is a fact! And nothing wrong with that as that was her choice......Meghan took I am thinking everything into consideration being pregnant, time of day, how many reporters where out there, what was going to happen next...and more before she walked to the car....now to follow her to the airport .................
Page 6 is a true source of NYC gossip that goes back a LONG WAY and is both respected and feared. They are pretty much on point with their gossip. Their main competition back in the day was Liz Smith of the NY Daily News...so they had to try to stay competitive with her. Considering how many VIP's, celebrities, that walk around in NYC....I imagine that many people who serve them know who to contact if they have some gossip (including who, what and where people are).

ETA: For Page Six, this is a true "Get" knowing that Meghan was in NYC before everyone else!
__________________
.

  #545  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:25 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Once it was known that Meghan was in NYC there was NO way she would have been allowed to fly below the radar. Frankly, its amazing that she was there three days and no one knew.

It was better to tackle the bull by the horns and let the paps take the necessary pics. It would have only caused a headache (and lead to a potential danger) if she had tried to sneak around.

And as for that employee at Laudree...yeah....I hope whatever they got paid was worth it.....if they find out who it was...I am thinking they are going to be looking for a new job....places like that value discretion....
Oh, trust me. They will find out. It's not really hard to do. These types of places pride themselves on keeping their clientele happy and that includes privacy to enjoy their time without photogs in their faces. That tip off is going to cost someone their job.
  #546  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:25 AM
M. Payton's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: USA, United States
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I personally think, that security decisions aren't Meghan's choice. Imo the safer option was to do exactly what they did, bring barriers, and have the press behind them. Sneaking through back doors with the press able to get closer, that wouldn't have been a safer option.

The royals have travelled incognito, but they also have been spotted and pictured while doing so. This wasn't the first time a royal was pictured going in and out of hotels and restaurants, and it won't be the last either.
And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.
  #547  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:27 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Page 6 is a true source of NYC gossip that goes back a LONG WAY and is both respected and feared. They are pretty much on point with their gossip. Considering how many VIP's, celebrities, that walk around in NYC....I imagine that many people who serve them know who to contact.
Page Six is notorious and would give "palace sources" a run for their money. They have spies EVERYWHERE.
  #548  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Again we are *assuming* it was someone at the Laduree, we do not have proof in the way of names who reported this to page 6 do we? It is just an assumption that it was an employee at the restaurant, for all we know it could of been the guy across the street or the Easter Bunny with a cell phone taking pictures.

And yes she did trade her privacy for a few pictures as she gave the media just what they wanted here.....that is a fact! And nothing wrong with that as that was her choice......Meghan took I am thinking everything into consideration being pregnant, time of day, how many reporters where out there, what was going to happen next...and more before she walked to the car....now to follow her to the airport .................
No one is assuming anything. Publications flat out said someone that works there. While they donít release actual names, as they typically donít, they arenít going to lie about something like this.
  #549  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:29 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,629
Frankly, I am impressed that she has been there for 3 to 4 days and this is the first we heard about it. If Meghan really wanted to be seen...there would have been pics of her at the airport, arriving at the hotel, shopping on Fifth Avenue, and doing the regular lunches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
Oh, trust me. They will find out. It's not really hard to do. These types of places pride themselves on keeping their clientele happy and that includes privacy to enjoy their time without photogs in their faces. That tip off is going to cost someone their job.
Yes...I think someone might lose their job over this one.
__________________
.

  #550  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:29 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.
M Payton, I understand where you are coming from and it most cases yes I would agree with you, however, this is not correct for this situation. When the State Department and NYPD are involved, the client doesn't really get a say, especially if it's a high security risk situation. We are talking about government actors in essence coordinating with representatives (RPO) from a foreign government. Trust me, the DoS had to rely on their expertise and judgement.She had very little say when all was said and done.
  #551  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.
The security is responsible of keeping her safe. They aren't a privately hired security team, they work for the government, not for Meghan. It's a pretty much a fact, that Meghan doesn't make any decisions about how the security team works.
  #552  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
And we do not know that for a *fact* do we? Meghan I see is someone who gets all the information on something and then goes over it in her head on the best thing for her, not what someone else said or advised her to do.
That may be true on her work. However, she is NOT qualified to make security assessments. It’s very typical in cases where someone is offered government protection. If they are to be responsible for her safety, she’ll have to follow their assessment. She can do whatever she wants if she takes on the risk herself, in which case she would essentially have to relinquish her protection detail.

To go against security in this case would be reckless. And Meghan has never struck me as reckless. Or stupid for that matter.
  #553  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:37 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 14,182
Actually, the decisions are made by her security team. Her security does not answer to Meghan but rather to their employer which is the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard. She does not tell them what she's doing. They tell her what she's doing when it comes to matters of her security.

Her security team was well prepared. If the MO was followed for this trip that royal security takes, they would have scouted out every inch of every place that Meghan was to be before hand and have plans of action in place for whatever may happen. Meghan doesn't take a step in public that isn't deemed safe. Her security force does their job.

They got her safely from Point A to Point B and I'll bet my last portobello mushroom that if she used the rest room at the art gallery, her security ensured she was even absolutely safe in there.
__________________
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #554  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:37 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,770
May Her Royal Highness have a safe trip back home.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #555  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
New York gossip scene has always been an interesting case. It’s not like anything else I’ve seen. They are quite old school. Their reach isn’t so wide as they are deep. As in, it’s rare for them to venture too much out of NYC. However, if it’s happening in NYC, they definitely have ears to the ground. Celebrity publications like People and US Weekly have NOTHING on them even though those magazines have their own sources.
  #556  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, the decisions are made by her security team. Her security does not answer to Meghan but rather to their employer which is the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard. She does not tell them what she's doing. They tell her what she's doing when it comes to matters of her security.

Her security team was well prepared. If the MO was followed for this trip that royal security takes, they would have scouted out every inch of every place that Meghan was to be before hand and have plans of action in place for whatever may happen. Meghan doesn't take a step in public that isn't deemed safe. Her security force does their job.

They got her safely from Point A to Point B and I'll bet my last portobello mushroom that if she used the rest room at the art gallery, her security ensured she was even absolutely safe in there.
Absolutely. One example: with all of the hoopla, the AP got video of her and Abigail inside the restaurant. A restaurant rep greeted them and sat them down, and from outside across the street in another building you could probably read Meghan's lips if you were good at lip reading. She didn't get to sit down for 30 seconds before her security and the restaurant rep moved her and Abby to a different location that was not near glass and that was easily spotted from the outside. All of this is considered.
  #557  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,874
What shocking to me is AP and Reuter got into this today. It’s like seriously?
  #558  
Old 02-20-2019, 02:46 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What shocking to me is AP and Reuter got into this today. Itís like seriously?
YEP. Like bees to honey.
  #559  
Old 02-20-2019, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,537
How is the weather in NYC today? Any cancelled flights? Hope Meghan is able to get her flight home.
  #560  
Old 02-20-2019, 03:16 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NYC, United States
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
How is the weather in NYC today? Any cancelled flights? Hope Meghan is able to get her flight home.
The storm's not coming through until around 9am. The heaviest from noon. There were a few delayed flights to London this evening, but those for the early morning are on time so far.

I'm also guessing that KP won't release details of the Morocco trip on twitter until she is back in London. So maybe by tomorrow afternoon our time. I know that RR were briefed already.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018 JessRulz Current Events Archive 1136 12-04-2018 06:00 PM




Popular Tags
alqasimi archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cypher cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch royal family felipe vi foundation french revolution friendly city future genealogy germany greece hamdan bin mohammed head of the house henry v hill house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of saxe-coburg and gotha king salman lithuanian castles meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchism naples netflix nobel 2019 norway history official visit palaces prince harry prince of wales princess margaret royal children royal tour rumania russian imperial family saudi arabia saxony south africa spain spanish history state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty tracts trump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×