The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes a muslim funeral must be held on the next day I think so they have to travel quickly. Usually they arrive after the funeral and buriel and just pay their condolences.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Muslim funerals, I believe, require a burial within 24 hours after death. Dodi Fayed, I believe, was buried in accordance with this custom.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

From www.lavanguardia.es:

Camila será comandante en jefe de un regimiento
LA VANGUARDIA - 15/01/2006

La reina Isabel II tiene previsto aumentar las competencias de su nuera Camila nombrándola comandante en jefe de un regimiento del ejército británico, según publicó ayer el diario Daily Express. El nuevo cargo de la duquesa de Cornualles es honorífico y conllevará asistir a una serie de actos militares vestida de uniforme. Al parecer, el entorno de la Reina está muy impresionado por la capacidad de trabajo de Camila, que, tras casarse con el príncipe Carlos, ha atendido 154 compromisos oficiales. / Efe

In ENGLISH:

Camila will be a commander-in-chief of a regiment
15/01/2006

The queen Isabel II anticipates to enlarge the competences of her daughter-in-law Camila naming her commander-in-chief of a regiment of the British army, as published yesterday by the Daily Express. The new charge of the duchess of Cornwall is honorary and will involve to attend a series of military acts dressed in uniform. Al to seem, the environment of the Queen is very impressed by the capacity of work of Camila, that, after marrying the prince Carlos, has attended 154 official commitments. / Efe
Old 01-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Come to thing of it, 154 engagements isn't that much between April and December. Wonder if they counted her trips to US or not?
Old 01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas
Come to thing of it, 154 engagements isn't that much between April and December. Wonder if they counted her trips to US or not?
I would think that only counts as one, even though they did extra engagements whilst there. Really, we could take out April when they did one trip while on their honeymoon and Christmas. Don't forget Charles has been doing a lot of the award ceremonies on QE behalf. I guess we would have to see the list of what the 154 engagements were, so far it works out at almost one everyother day.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

154 is an impressive amount for less than a year for a first time royal. That is a very good start actually. It will be a while though before she is up there with Charles and Anne.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Still, she is definately taking on her appropriate role and doing smashingly well. I think she will be a great Queen Consort.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Still, she is definately taking on her appropriate role and doing smashingly well. I think she will be a great Queen Consort.
Totally agree with you both about her appropriate role, doing extremaly well and about her, being a great Queen Consort in future.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles is off to Yorkshire this time

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/View...icleID=1318927
Old 01-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Serene Highness

Article from the AP website:

Poll: Australians Don't Want King Charles
Quote:
The poll published in The Weekend Australian found 46 percent of Australians believed Australia should become a republic, while 34 percent wanted the British monarch to remain Australia's head of state.
But if Charles, the first in line for the throne, replaced his mother Queen Elizabeth II, who turns 80 in April, support for a republic would rise to 52 percent and opposition would slide to 29 percent, the poll said.
Could the Australians among us tell me how accurate this poll is. Is really Charles' accession to the throne a factor for republicanism?
I was led to believe that republicanism was quite raging in Australia, regardless of who is the next King, or of how well EII is doing.
Thanks for any highlights.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel

Could the Australians among us tell me how accurate this poll is. Is really Charles' accession to the throne a factor for republicanism?
I was led to believe that republicanism was quite raging in Australia, regardless of who is the next King, or of how well EII is doing.
I put this in 'C & C What Is Your Opinion Now' and if you read the article, they only asked 1200 adults. I don't know how many people there are in Australia but, I would guess it is more than 1200.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I don't know how many people there are in Australia but, I would guess it is more than 1200.
Approaching 20.5 million.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

1,200 isn't really a fair sample then.
All the headlines regarding this poll are a 'Australians have spoken' theme. Two I have seen forgot to mention the small size of this poll.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

I agree 1200 really isn't a fair sampling. C+C should visit OZ sooner rather then later on a an offical trip though. I don't think it could hurt.

Did you see this from the Times? (is this the proper area to put it in?)
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...002353,00.html

This is bad bad. I can't imagine any way Bolland talking would be a good thing.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

O God, I dont think Charles is going to go all the way with the procedings anymore. I know he wants to protect his rights but it is more importent is image as a Prince is kept. It would be to explosive for more political views to be exposed. I feel sorry for him. He can never win can he. Poor thing.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel

At the time of the actual referendum, which included the actual way in which a new head of state would be appointed, the vote was 45% in favour of a republic and 55% opposed.

The opinion at the time was though that much of the vote against the referendum was due to the model put forward rather than the issue itself.

There were polls in the late 1990s that indicated that support for a republic was as high as the low 70%.

The only poll in which I put any credence is the one on polling day when every Australian is required, by law, to vote. That way we really do get to know what ALL Australians feel about an issue.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

i read my text messages of cell phone about Prince Charles cant become King of England i dont know why! many people wanted CP Mary to become Queen of Denmark as longer and also Prince William will become King of England also than his dad the Prince Charles

because Prince Charles is divorcee and he marry to Camilla who also divorcee but i dont think he would become King because of Diana
Old 01-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
i read my text messages of cell phone about Prince Charles cant become King of England i dont know why! many people wanted CP Mary to become Queen of Denmark as longer and also Prince William will become King of England also than his dad the Prince Charles

because Prince Charles is divorcee and he marry to Camilla who also divorcee but i dont think he would become King because of Diana

Sara,

The only way Charles doesn't become king when the Queen dies is if he is already dead.

If his marriage to Camilla was going to stop him becoming king it would have been announced at the time of the engagement. It wasn't. There would have been some mention of the fact that the marriage removed him from the line of succession. No such statement was made because his marriage didn't affect his rights to the throne.

He is the heir and only his death prior to that of the queen's can prevent him becoming king, as the law currently stands.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sara, Diana is irrelevant. She's dead. Charles will be King if he outlives his mother. Camilla will be Princess Consort or (more likely) Queen Consort when Charles is King. William will not be King in Charles's lifetime. That's just the way it is. You may not like it, but that doesn't change reality.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

As Charles' 1st wife died, leaving him free to marry in the eyes of the church, the only question, at the time, was whether Camilla would be Princess Consort or Queen Consort. :)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, prince charles, prince of wales