The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Future Royal Couples

The current CP-couples and younger regent couples have or are producing children as if they were paid for it!

If you were to look into the crystal ball who would you see (or like to see) in regards to a future royal-royal wedding?
Based say on age match.
Personality match.
How close their parents are.
Relations between countries.
And so on...

Or what does you intuition tell you?

I've highlighted the heirs, because there are special rules for them. They can't (or are very unlikely to) marry another heir.

In the field right now we have:
From Belgium:
Elisabeth.
Gabriel.
Emmanuel.
Eleonore.

From Britain. (Age-wise and exposure wise I've decided W&K's children belong here).
George.
Charlotte.

From Denmark:
Christian.
Isabella.
Vincent.
Josephine.

From Japan: (Because the CP-couple there interact more with the European royals on a personal basis than with other royal families. Even though this inclusion is admittedly far fetched)
Toshi.
(Mako, Kako, Hisahito).

From Monaco:
Gabriella.
Jacques.

From the Netherlands.
Amalia.
Alexia.
Ariane.

From Norway:
Marius. (Not strictly royal though).
Ingrid.
Sverre.

From Spain:
Leonor.
Sofia.

From Sweden:
Estelle.

I left out children of younger siblings simply to keep the number of names down.
But if you want to include them, please do.
I also omitted the Thai and Middle Eastern royals, because they don't appear to interact much with the European royals on a personal basis.
But if someone want to create a list of names from these countries, please do.

So if you should be a match-maker, who can you see marry sometime in the future?

Old 08-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

I love to match couples. Though I favor marriages for love (which happens more often with royals+ordinary people), it could also happen with royals+royals (or nobles), for example, Mathilde and Philippe or Guillaume and Stephanie.

And so... here's my thoughts.

I always thought Marius is so handsome and reallyyyyy attractive. Elisabeth is more close in age with him and I would love to see them together. Leonor is also another high candidate but 8 years apart makes quite a diference.

How about Gabriel with one of the Dutch princesses? They would not have a problem with the language.

As for the newborns, I would love Jacques with Charlotte, and George with Gabriella

Old 08-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Serene Highness

Seeing as Mathilda and Maxima are good friends and have children near in age I can see a little mama matchmaking going on.

Marius attended the recent wedding and him catching the eye of some pretty young Italian socialite or visa versa is very likely :)
Old 08-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Future royal couples. A thought experiment.

I don't think 8 years is that big of a difference after a certain point, so Marius and Leonor would work when they're a bit older. I do like the idea of Marius and Elisabeth, and Gabriel with one of the Dutch princesses. George and Gabriella would be precious. I would love to see Estelle with James, Viscount Severn. They seem to have very cheeky personalities. Isabella and James would work too. Going back to Marius, he could also be a good candidate for James' older sister, Lady Louise.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Serene Highness

Christian and Estelle? Think the age difference would be A big issue.How about Vincent and Estelle?
Old 08-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Future royal couples. A thought experiment.

Hmm well if we use a sort off modified version of the old laws concerning ebenbürtig marriages I'd go for something like this for the heirs based on age, religion, closeness of countries and friendship of their parents

Estelle of Sweden - Henrik or Vincent of Denmark, Sverre Magnus of Norway, Aristidis of Greece

Christian of Denmark - Alexia or Ariane of The Netherlands, Maria-Chiara of Bourbon-Sicilies

Ingrid Alexandra of Norway - Nikolai or Felix of Denmark, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece, Tassilo of Bulgaria

Catharina-Amalia of The Netherlands - Nikolai or Felix of Denmark, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece

Elisabeth of Belgium - Felipe de Marichalar, Constantine, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece, Nikolai or Felix of Denmark

George of The United Kingdom - Leonore of Sweden, Josephine or Athena of Denmark, Amalia of Luxembourg (if not heiress), Gabriella of Monaco

Leonor of Spain - Gabriel of Nassau, Achileas or Odysseus of Greece, Albert Windsor (of Kent)

Constantine of Greece - Isabella of Denmark, Sofia of Spain, Louise of Wessex, Elisabeth or Eleonor of Belgium

Amalia of Luxembourg - Emmanuel of Belgium, Nicholas of Sweden, Vincent or Henrik of Denmark, Jacques of Monaco (if not heiress)

Jacques of Monaco - Amalia of Luxembourg (if not heiress), Leonore of Sweden, Charlotte of UK

Had the hardest time with Elisabeth of Belgium given the difference in age between her and other male members of her generation. This is something I could sit with for days to get completely right so just take it as something I scribbled down quite fast.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Majesty

Ah, I see the match-making has started.

Okay, looking only at the heirs and their personalities, (Because they are the most well-known) who would be a good match among other royal children?

Elisabeth. Born 2001. - I don't know her well enough to take a guess at her personality.

George. Born 2013. - Apparently good natured. Used to be in the spotlight and not particularly shy.

Christian. Born 2005. - Sporty. Caring and protective (and teasing) towards his younger siblings. Bright. Very confident. Not shy at all. Willing to approach people first. Sporty and sports interested.

Jacques. Too young to guess.

Amalie. Born 2003. - Seems good natured. Confident. Used to be in the spotlight. Not particularly shy. Aware of her future role and has given that some thought at a young age.

Ingrid. Born 2004. - Very bright for her age and very confident for her age as well. Articulate.

Leonor. Born 2005. - Seems serious. Certainly when on the job. Is probably being very much installed with a sense of duty. Is despite her young age, able to keep up a proper show for what must seem a long time for a young child.

Estelle. Born 2012. - Good natured. Very much used to being the center of attention. Not shy. Willing to approach people.

Toshi. Born 2001. - Appear shy. Probably vulnerable and/or insecure. (She was bullied or felt she was being bullied and reacted strongly on that).
Old 08-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Majesty

I thought Estelle was born in 2012. Of course I could be wrong...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Christian and Estelle? Think the age difference would be A big issue.How about Vincent and Estelle?
Plus they are both future monarchs.

Vincent would be a better match. He is very good natured and seem a gentle person. Although he has a tendency to climb things and shout at cows.
That may not be the best quality to have when he and Estelle go visiting farms and the country side.
Isabella, we should keep in mind, has a tendency to lick windows.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

I would hope Isabella is not licking windows at age 8

Vincent seems like a gentle sensitive soul and Estelle Is... Estelle. They could either balance each other out and opposies attract and all that or She would remind him to much of his rambunctious sisters and that would curb romantic feeling.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt it – she's allowed her brother to take over that duty

Estelle and Vincent Now that is a future pairing I'd love to see.

I love the idea of Isabella and Viscount Severn – if anything, I think they'd have a hoot in each other's company. Or Isabella and Gabriel? Christian and Leonor would be sweet because they're only some weeks apart and they're both ridiculously beautiful human beings but, alas, they're both heirs so that probably wouldn't work out. And for what it's worth, in my imagination, Christian is already married off to a Greenlandic girl Perhaps our Nikolai with Élisabeth in Belgium? And currently, George and Josephine seem just right as well – both are lovely little monkeys.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

This is funny this thread but recent statistics shows that royals rarely marry royals, they look elsewhere for potential partner.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

The Belgian kids seem a reserved bunch not given over to window licking and cow shouting... I think Louise Wessex would do for Gabriel. A Nice,refined and calm couple.

But Leonore and George is fine... Unless something terrible happens she will just be Miss O'neill, rich girl with a fancy title.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would be surprised if any of them married other royals. It's just not needed anymore.

LaRae
Old 08-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I would be surprised if any of them married other royals. It's just not needed anymore.

LaRae
I agree I don't see many of them marrying other royals. It would be cute if some of them did though.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think need plays into it.It is who you are emotionally mentally and sexually attracted to... Just because very few of the last generation did not feel those connections with other young Royal peers does not mean the opposite won't happen in 20 years.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Courtier

Oh, what a wonderful thread! I love matchmaking! Thank you very, Muhler!

Not that I think it's likely to happen, but it's just for fun.

Princess Élisabeth of Belgium, Duchess of Brabant (b. 2001) with Prince Louis of Ligne (b. 2003), also from Belgium.

Prince Christian of Denmark (b. 2005) with Princess Alexia of the Netherlands (b. 2005)

Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein (b. 1995) with Princess Charlotte of Nassau (b. 2000), from Luxembourg.

Princess Amalia of Nassau (b. 2013), from Luxembourg, with Count Louis-Bernhard of Stolberg (b. 2014), from Germany/Brazil.

Hereditary Prince Jacques of Monaco (b. 2014) with Princess María of the Two-Sicilies (b. 2015), from Italy/Spain.

Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, the Princess of Orange (b. 2003) with Prince Gabriel of Belgium (b. 2003).

Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway (b. 2004) with James Mountbatten-Windsor, Viscount Severn (n. 2007), from the UK.

Infanta Leonor of Spain, the Princess of Asturias (b. 2005) with Infante Dom Dinis of Portugal, Duke of Porto (b. 1999).

Princess Estelle of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland (b. 2012) with Prince Vincent of Denmark, Count of Monpezat (b. 2011).

Prince George of Cambridge (b. 2013), from the UK, and with Princess Leonore of Sweden, Duchess of Gotland (b. 2014)

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:58 AM
Courtier

I think Amelia of The Netherlands with Felix of Denmark would be a great match. I like the idea of bringing the Dutch family closer, in terms of kin, to the other royals. Also then both Queen Victoria and King Christian IX would gain another throne to their descendants. A match between George Cambridge and the daughter of Princess Madelain of Sweden would be good too. Especially as it seems the family are going to be spending time in Great Britain. Elisabeth of Belgium would have to have a good Catholic partner.In this case I wold think one of the French or Liechtenstein Princes would be good. Prince Gabriel would be a good match for Lenore of Spain.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:50 AM
Majesty

Unless the set patterns of the Belgian Royal House change drastically, 13 year old Elisabeth Duchess of Brabant will almost certainly marry a Catholic aristocrat or even a fellow Royal. More than any of the other Royal dynasties, the Belgian House of Saxe-Coburg und Gotha has resisted the trend of marrying commoners into their main hereditary line.

Her young siblings might do it, but Princess Elisabeth will likely follow the lead of her parents, grandparents and late great-uncle Baudouin by making a grand dynastic alliance that is also(happily) a love match.

And I agree with amaryllus...I am not 100% sure that the current batch of Royal children will all necessarily seek out commoners to marry. The pendulum could swing completely back to tradition by the time they come of age.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Well funny thread
Sooo i'm not so good muchmaker but i make a try.

I love to see Gabriel (my favorite male little royal) with Alexia ( my favorite from the dutch girls)
I love to see Christian with Sofia or Eleonore
I love to see Emmanuel with Isabella or Amalia (Luxemburg)

But of course any future Royal Wedding between royal children will be welcome

Closed Thread