Engagement of Prince Feisal & Sara Qabbani: March 20, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly... Too early, in other words.;);) Let's give her a break now and we'll see how she 'develops'...
Am sorry to say that i dont think giving time to someone who broke a marriage/family up would do any good, and i personlly don't think that JRF would want someone like that to be part of the family, unfortuantly she will be becasue of the decision that PF has made which am sure that time will make him regret what he has done to Princess Alia and his childern, but somehow i think that he is in for a shock (as i think that he has been blind throughout this relationship) and all what we can do is just wait and see what the days hold for this "special couple"!!!

May have a role in the divorce Princess Alia
I wish I would receive respect the Hashemite family and Jordanians

But I wish them a life far from the problems

May have a role in the divorce Princess Alia
I wish I would receive respect the Hashemite family and Jordanians

But I wish them a life far from the problems

No i truley dont believe that Princess Alia played any part in the divorce, i think it was a matter of PF wanting it to happen to re-marry the other woman, otherwise Princess Alia would not be this devsated by the whole situation!! As for gainning respect from the family that'll be a challange, one i dont think the new addition to the family would be able to handle, but we will see!!!

No i truley dont believe that Princess Alia played any part in the divorce, i think it was a matter of PF wanting it to happen to re-marry the other woman, otherwise Princess Alia would not be this devsated by the whole situation!! As for gainning respect from the family that'll be a challange, one i dont think the new addition to the family would be able to handle, but we will see!!!

I think she will gain their respect. P Faisal is not the first JRF male to marry twice or to divorce .His father KH did and uncle Mohammed and many Jrf members also IMO people in Jordan will respect Sara because she is/will be P Faisal`s wife at first and then for her activities and role in society in future .Dont forget that PFaisal himself is a 2nd wife son when King Hussein Left Muna to marry Alia I do not think that any of the 2 ladies lost the people's respect or love .
I think people will always respect and love Alia.. she is a great personality, unique and wonderful woman .. They cant and will never forget all her great efforts to make their lives better over the past 20 years and in future InshaALLAH.

Last edited:
I think she will gain their respect. P Faisal is not the first JRF male to marry twice or to divorce .His father KH did and uncle Mohammed and many Jrf members also IMO people in Jordan will respect Sara because she is/will be P Faisal`s wife at first and then for her activities and role in society in future .Dont forget that PFaisal himself is a 2nd wife son when King Hussein Left Muna to marry Alia I do not think that any of the 2 ladies lost the people's respect or love .
I think people will always respect and love Alia.. she is a great personality, unique and wonderful woman .. They cant and will never forget all her great efforts to make their lives better over the past 20 years and in future InshaALLAH.
A very good end for this sensitive discussion, I think. Princess Alia is and will always be one of my favorites and of course of all Jordinians. :flowers: Nothing can change that. Also we should be more optimistic about the future. :rolleyes:

I was just wondering,what if princess Alia one day decides to remarry like Feisal, would Feisal and Sarah get custody of her kids?

I was just wondering,what if princess Alia one day decides to remarry like Feisal, would Feisal and Sarah get custody of her kids?

I think she does, I read it here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
If she chooses to re-marry she looses custody of the children. I'm not 100% but i have read something along these lines somewhere. :ermm:

You probably read it in the topic about the divorce of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor.

Josette

I want to give the new princess-to-be a chance. King Hussein also got married for several times, but noone lost respect for him as a person. Also we can see unique qualifications in each woman when we really try to get to know her.Ofcourse, nobody replaces the other, because everybody has his/her own personality and skills. I want to believe that Sarah Qabbani has something special to share with Prince Faisal and the royal family and will make him happy. At least for the sake of the relationship between PFaisal and his children. Because I think his children may be happy only if their parents are happy and can move on.
The difference here is that he never had a twenty year marriage. KH was a leader and father to his nation, but a freat womanizer also, Prince faisal had a rock solid marriage.

The difference here is that he never had a twenty year marriage. KH was a leader and father to his nation, but a freat womanizer also, Prince Faisal had a rock solid marriage.
It would be unfair to call King Hussein a womanizer, because he was too young when he got married for the first time. Also, he had too many problems as a leader to have a normal marriage life. Moreover, he experinced a big tragedy like losing a wife. Apart form him, there are millions of people who got divorced many times in the world. In western socities, the relations are usually private so you can not know how many times a man gets into a relation if he does not tell you. But king hussein got married four times instead of having secret affairs as the leader of a Muslim country. Anyway, the point I was trying to get was that it is improper to criticise P. Faisal for getting divorced and getting married again so harshly as if he was the first person who did that. Because the criticism was so fierce that it was nearly turning into insult. That's all.:mellow:

It would be unfair to call King Hussein a womanizer, because he was too young when he got married for the first time. Also, he had too many problems as a leader to have a normal marriage life. Moreover, he experinced a big tragedy like losing a wife. Apart form him, there are millions of people who got divorced many times in the world. In western socities, the relations are usually private so you can not know how many times a man gets into a relation if he does not tell you. But king hussein got married four times instead of having secret affairs as the leader of a Muslim country. Anyway, the point I was trying to get was that it is improper to criticise P. Faisal for getting divorced and getting married again so harshly as if he was the first person who did that. Because the criticism was so fierce that it was nearly turning into insult. That's all.:mellow:
Thank you for your last point. I agree. All I know is that no marriage is perfect, and it is unfair to blame one member for everything. It takes two to tango. We should not be speculating on what happened behind close doors. After all he has been divorced for a couple of years.

Does anyone think that Sarah Qabbani might have moved to work and live in Amman when she met Prince Faisal - after Hashem's wedding that is? ;) :rolleyes:

I'm surprised noone has reacted to this post that KH was a known womanizer and even QAlia complained of his weakness to the English nannies...Nevertheless he was a great king and leader

Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about the divorce of Prince Faisal and Princess Alia or King Hussein.

Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about the divorce of Prince Faisal and Princess Alia or King Hussein.

I agree, I wish all the JRF the very best, especially PF and Sarah Kabbani. Let us also recognise and be sensative that PF's children are probably going to have a tough time adjusting. It does no good to allocate blame on the parents or Sarah Kabbani but will only add 'fuel to the fire' for them

I agree, I wish all the JRF the very best, especially PF and Sarah Kabbani. Let us also recognise and be sensative that PF's children are probably going to have a tough time adjusting. It does no good to allocate blame on the parents or Sarah Kabbani but will only add 'fuel to the fire' for them

I couldn't agree more. I wish people would be more constructive. :nonono: We can not sit back and decide on behalf of other people and impose them what to do. Also there must be no need to remind that it is cruel to criticise a person who passed away years ago. Anyway I'm sure we will see them all together and happy, despite these hard times.:flowers:

is this sarah person a rich person? i mean, is she from a normal family, like rania? or a rich one, like fahdah and hamzah's ex, nour?

According to information I have obtained, Sarah Kabbani comes from a normal but well known family. Her father is Lebanese, her mother is Egyptian and she grew up in Saudi Arabia. Sarah graduated, like HMQ Rania from the American University of Cairo (AUC).

Then AUC has become a family tradition:lol: Does anybody know something about the date of the wedding? I think a summer wedding may be good. :flowers:

I think their wedding could be later on this year, it's just me, I do not know if when getting engaged in Jordan the wedding will be soon or how much time it takes? Like for example in Mexico when getting engaged it is because the wedding will be very very soon or less than one year.

It is just my romanticism:) I love summer and spring weddings. Also they may want to smooth the chaos that their engagement caused in that way . so everybody can get used to the new situation and that can prevent further speculations. :cool:

I think their wedding could be later on this year, it's just me, I do not know if when getting engaged in Jordan the wedding will be soon or how much time it takes? Like for example in Mexico when getting engaged it is because the wedding will be very very soon or less than one year.

Usually when a Jordanian princes and princesses announce the engagement their weddings take place 2-5 months after.

That is right salma ..:) the longest period was between PH & PN`s Nikah and wedding.

I think that Faisal and Sarah celebrated the nikah. But in other ocassions jordanian princes announce their engagements (not the nikah) and they celebrate the nikah months after, as Abdullah and Rania, and Faisal and Alia.

I think that Faisal and Sarah celebrated the nikah. But in other ocassions jordanian princes announce their engagements (not the nikah) and they celebrate the nikah months after, as Abdullah and Rania, and Faisal and Alia.
They did not .. just read alFatiha (Chapter of the holy Koran) this is clear in petra`s arabic Engagement announcement.
It is olso possible to use Nikah as engagement .. that means the couple r married Legally and according to Islam teachings but not living together.

OK But then it´s different when Hamzah and Noor.
Prince Faisal made same when he announced his 1st marriage.

Last edited:
I`ve no idea about PF`s first marriage .. i dont know also if PH and PN lived together in the US bsfore wedding celebrations or not. she was his wife Legally and according to Islamic teachings.
PF cant do this because he is not married to Sara. Petra`s announcement was clear just Alfatiha not Nikah.

Last edited:
I`ve no idea about KH`s first marriage .. i dont know also if PH and PN lived together in the US bsfore wedding celebrations or not. she was his wife Legally and according to Islamic teachings.
PF cant do this because he is not married to Sara. Petra`s announcement was clear just Alfatiha not Nikah.

You don´t understand me. I want say that we know that Hamzah and Noor (for example) had a relation only when Petra announced that they celebrated the nikah but in other ocassions the princes and princesses announce before their engagement and after they celebrate the nikah ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom