The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > King Abdullah's Brothers

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
My thoughts exactly... Too early, in other words. Let's give her a break now and we'll see how she 'develops'...
Am sorry to say that i dont think giving time to someone who broke a marriage/family up would do any good, and i personlly don't think that JRF would want someone like that to be part of the family, unfortuantly she will be becasue of the decision that PF has made which am sure that time will make him regret what he has done to Princess Alia and his childern, but somehow i think that he is in for a shock (as i think that he has been blind throughout this relationship) and all what we can do is just wait and see what the days hold for this "special couple"!!!

Old 03-31-2010, 04:19 PM
Courtier

May have a role in the divorce Princess Alia
I wish I would receive respect the Hashemite family and Jordanians

But I wish them a life far from the problems

Old 03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana View Post
May have a role in the divorce Princess Alia
I wish I would receive respect the Hashemite family and Jordanians

But I wish them a life far from the problems
No i truley dont believe that Princess Alia played any part in the divorce, i think it was a matter of PF wanting it to happen to re-marry the other woman, otherwise Princess Alia would not be this devsated by the whole situation!! As for gainning respect from the family that'll be a challange, one i dont think the new addition to the family would be able to handle, but we will see!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy View Post
No i truley dont believe that Princess Alia played any part in the divorce, i think it was a matter of PF wanting it to happen to re-marry the other woman, otherwise Princess Alia would not be this devsated by the whole situation!! As for gainning respect from the family that'll be a challange, one i dont think the new addition to the family would be able to handle, but we will see!!!
I think she will gain their respect. P Faisal is not the first JRF male to marry twice or to divorce .His father KH did and uncle Mohammed and many Jrf members also IMO people in Jordan will respect Sara because she is/will be P Faisal`s wife at first and then for her activities and role in society in future .Dont forget that PFaisal himself is a 2nd wife son when King Hussein Left Muna to marry Alia I do not think that any of the 2 ladies lost the people's respect or love .
I think people will always respect and love Alia.. she is a great personality, unique and wonderful woman .. They cant and will never forget all her great efforts to make their lives better over the past 20 years and in future InshaALLAH.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
I think she will gain their respect. P Faisal is not the first JRF male to marry twice or to divorce .His father KH did and uncle Mohammed and many Jrf members also IMO people in Jordan will respect Sara because she is/will be P Faisal`s wife at first and then for her activities and role in society in future .Dont forget that PFaisal himself is a 2nd wife son when King Hussein Left Muna to marry Alia I do not think that any of the 2 ladies lost the people's respect or love .
I think people will always respect and love Alia.. she is a great personality, unique and wonderful woman .. They cant and will never forget all her great efforts to make their lives better over the past 20 years and in future InshaALLAH.
A very good end for this sensitive discussion, I think. Princess Alia is and will always be one of my favorites and of course of all Jordinians. Nothing can change that. Also we should be more optimistic about the future.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Commoner

I was just wondering,what if princess Alia one day decides to remarry like Feisal, would Feisal and Sarah get custody of her kids?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukam View Post
I was just wondering,what if princess Alia one day decides to remarry like Feisal, would Feisal and Sarah get custody of her kids?
I think she does, I read it here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
If she chooses to re-marry she looses custody of the children. I'm not 100% but i have read something along these lines somewhere.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

You probably read it in the topic about the divorce of Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor.

Josette
Old 04-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
I want to give the new princess-to-be a chance. King Hussein also got married for several times, but noone lost respect for him as a person. Also we can see unique qualifications in each woman when we really try to get to know her.Ofcourse, nobody replaces the other, because everybody has his/her own personality and skills. I want to believe that Sarah Qabbani has something special to share with Prince Faisal and the royal family and will make him happy. At least for the sake of the relationship between PFaisal and his children. Because I think his children may be happy only if their parents are happy and can move on.
The difference here is that he never had a twenty year marriage. KH was a leader and father to his nation, but a freat womanizer also, Prince faisal had a rock solid marriage.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
The difference here is that he never had a twenty year marriage. KH was a leader and father to his nation, but a freat womanizer also, Prince Faisal had a rock solid marriage.
It would be unfair to call King Hussein a womanizer, because he was too young when he got married for the first time. Also, he had too many problems as a leader to have a normal marriage life. Moreover, he experinced a big tragedy like losing a wife. Apart form him, there are millions of people who got divorced many times in the world. In western socities, the relations are usually private so you can not know how many times a man gets into a relation if he does not tell you. But king hussein got married four times instead of having secret affairs as the leader of a Muslim country. Anyway, the point I was trying to get was that it is improper to criticise P. Faisal for getting divorced and getting married again so harshly as if he was the first person who did that. Because the criticism was so fierce that it was nearly turning into insult. That's all.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It would be unfair to call King Hussein a womanizer, because he was too young when he got married for the first time. Also, he had too many problems as a leader to have a normal marriage life. Moreover, he experinced a big tragedy like losing a wife. Apart form him, there are millions of people who got divorced many times in the world. In western socities, the relations are usually private so you can not know how many times a man gets into a relation if he does not tell you. But king hussein got married four times instead of having secret affairs as the leader of a Muslim country. Anyway, the point I was trying to get was that it is improper to criticise P. Faisal for getting divorced and getting married again so harshly as if he was the first person who did that. Because the criticism was so fierce that it was nearly turning into insult. That's all.
Thank you for your last point. I agree. All I know is that no marriage is perfect, and it is unfair to blame one member for everything. It takes two to tango. We should not be speculating on what happened behind close doors. After all he has been divorced for a couple of years.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone think that Sarah Qabbani might have moved to work and live in Amman when she met Prince Faisal - after Hashem's wedding that is?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm surprised noone has reacted to this post that KH was a known womanizer and even QAlia complained of his weakness to the English nannies...Nevertheless he was a great king and leader
Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about the divorce of Prince Faisal and Princess Alia or King Hussein.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Let's get back on topic...this thread isn't about the divorce of Prince Faisal and Princess Alia or King Hussein.
I agree, I wish all the JRF the very best, especially PF and Sarah Kabbani. Let us also recognise and be sensative that PF's children are probably going to have a tough time adjusting. It does no good to allocate blame on the parents or Sarah Kabbani but will only add 'fuel to the fire' for them
Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadel Abdullah View Post
I agree, I wish all the JRF the very best, especially PF and Sarah Kabbani. Let us also recognise and be sensative that PF's children are probably going to have a tough time adjusting. It does no good to allocate blame on the parents or Sarah Kabbani but will only add 'fuel to the fire' for them
I couldn't agree more. I wish people would be more constructive. We can not sit back and decide on behalf of other people and impose them what to do. Also there must be no need to remind that it is cruel to criticise a person who passed away years ago. Anyway I'm sure we will see them all together and happy, despite these hard times.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Courtier

is this sarah person a rich person? i mean, is she from a normal family, like rania? or a rich one, like fahdah and hamzah's ex, nour?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 AM
Aristocracy

According to information I have obtained, Sarah Kabbani comes from a normal but well known family. Her father is Lebanese, her mother is Egyptian and she grew up in Saudi Arabia. Sarah graduated, like HMQ Rania from the American University of Cairo (AUC).
Old 04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Nobility

Then AUC has become a family tradition Does anybody know something about the date of the wedding? I think a summer wedding may be good.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Nobility

I think their wedding could be later on this year, it's just me, I do not know if when getting engaged in Jordan the wedding will be soon or how much time it takes? Like for example in Mexico when getting engaged it is because the wedding will be very very soon or less than one year.