Prince Albert Is the Father of Alexandre

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
libradoll said:
lashinka.........i understand when you say it's getting repetitive. i for one i'm done trying to encourage people to fairness, obviously it's not going to happen...........!

I think people here are being fair, in fact, some people have a different viewpoint than you. Perhaps you may have thought that the members of the board would agree with you wholeheartdly or not, but they didn't which it seems to have bothered you to no end.

Embrace diversity, don't knock it, and respect others opinions whether you agree with them or not. :) I respect yours in case you didn't know.;)

i agree with you Athena, it looks like some people just cant accept other people view points at all. That's sad.

I saw this on the news, and I'm still a little sketchy on certain facts/details. Is she the black woman he was dating or rumored to have been dating a while back? Anyhow, I wonder just how long it would have actually took him to acknowledge this little boy? I know it was said that he said after the mourning period for his father, but I thought I read in someone's post it had been changed to at the end of year...:confused: . What I find interesting is the fact the little boy won't have Albert's last name...Can anyone explain this one? Is it because he can't inherit the throne, or is it because of some other reason? I knew he probably wouldn't be able to inherit the throne...I hope Albert is going to actually be apart of this little boy's life, and not just be one of those father's who simply contribute financially...There's more to the process of raising a child than just contributing money. I'm not judging either one of Alexandre's parents, but I hope for his sake, they can be mature enough to put his needs first.:cool:

According to the weekly, Prince Albert had allready signed a document at a Parisian Notary Public where he states his committements to his son. A luxury villa at Villefranche-sur Mer, very close to Monaco, is under restoration where half of the property belongs to Alexandre and the other half to a Monaco company. Nicole Coste receives 10 000 euros per month from Prince Albert, she drives a BMW supplied by Prince's council and isprotected by a body-guard while strolling in Paris. Prince Albert will be inaugurated as the ruler of Monaco with a ceremony on July 12, 2005.
Dear God. All that and who knows what else! I looked at the pic of Nicole shopping and then I read that little Alexandre has a nanny. I'm a little confused as to why Nicole isn't raising her son. I mean, why does he need a nanny? I doubt Nicole has a regular job that would require a nanny, so why doesn't she take him shopping with her?

There also no assurance that Albert's future wife will truly accept this kid.
Could you really blame his future wife? Imagine if Camilla had had an illigitimate child and DIana had gone through the marriage. His future wife will have to deal with the fact that her husband can't always be around for her kids only. Not to mention that if I were his wife, I wouldn't take to kindly to someone interfering with the rights of my children to inherit. At least I would see it that way. Someone mentioned that Alexandre could fight to inherit the throne. If I were the mother of the legitimately born heir I wouldn't take that well either.

Am I the only one who thinks that...

A] This is both Albert AND Nicole's dumb faults
B] That Nicole really brought this out at a bad time, thus proving to many that she is simply after Albert to marry her and become the next princess of Monaco [and, if she's not, why on earth did she wait 22 months after the baby was born to bring this up? So that Alexandre could "have a regular father"? Spare me!]
C] That this poor kid is just a pawn in this horrible power struggle
and D] that he's darn cute? :) [certainly doesn't look like his mother anyway-ick ick ick]

Last edited:
Old story

i personally think the constitution was changed because of Albert' issues about marriage and Ranier wanting to make sure the throne stayed in the family. Think about the famiy's history with illegitimacy. Alexandre's birth has nothing to do with the succession. it is a romantic idea that this child would inherit but the reality is that his story has been happening for centuries. the best he can probably hope for is a cushy upbringing and a small inheritance after his father dies because i doubt Albert will leave him the bulk of his assets. those most likely will go to Caroline or her heir

I agree suturegeisha with all but one thing...I'm not sure if she is after to be the next princess of Monaco or what, but I think it's kind of mean for her to bring it up really close (seemed close to me anyways...) after Prince Rainier's death, but I do see your point, 22 months is rather random... (I definitely agree that he's darn cute!)

I also completely agree with Australian and Athena on what they both said in posts 163 & 164. (I would quote, but I'm no good at doing multiple quotes just yet, sorry...and please don't take what I say personally or offensive by any means, I'm just saying what I think thus far...:))

Whoa...this thread has exploded...

So it's been confirmed 100% that Albert is Alexandre's father? Or is it still rumors?

dreed777 said:
I would imagine that a lot of Nicole's problem with Albert's handling of the situation began when he wouldn't stand up to Rainier for her and their relationship. Whether she got pregnant on purpose or not, he shouldn't have slept with her PERIOD if he truly wanted to end the relationship and he knew she didn't want to. And if he was going to sleep with her anyway, WHY wouldn't he use a condom for goodness sake?????!!!!!! What in the world was he thinking?????!!!!! Obviously, NOT THINKING. I mean, seriously, folks, do ya think SHE RAPED HIM???!! I don't see how anyone could find her to be totally to blame for this.
Then, as far as why she went to the press,
I think she was probably at wit's end with the 2-year French rule about paternity coming up and apparently Albert & advisors had been putting her off and not keeping promises to her about the acknowledgement. They supposedly first told her "when Rainer dies", then "after the mourning period", then "maybe wait til the end of the year". I think most anyone in her position would have gotten quite fed up with the run-around she was getting.
I wouldn't have put up with being "hidden away" and treated like an embarrassment forever either.
If he's been stressed about all of this (I'm sure he has been) I'm sorry he got himself into this pickle, but let's face it, HE GOT HIMSELF INTO THIS PICKLE.

Correction; they both got themselves into this pickle. Turning your own statement back, do you think he raped her? Come on, again, this arguement about who's fault it is that there was a child as a result of their relationship is absolutely useless. Obviously, they both take the blame because they decided that they wanted to have sex and voila! Baby comes 9 months later.

Again, Albert and his people could have easily massacred Nicole and her claims and yet, he didn't. He's been providing for Alexandre since his birth and saw him as often as he could. I didn't know that a father had to publicly acknowledge his son to show that he loved him. So, if Albert had acknowledged Alexandre from the beginning and yet had left him alone without any support, then that would make him okay?

I'm curious, just what happened to Nicole's other children? I don't think she has custody of them or at least, they haven't been mentioned anywhere. If she does have custody of her other children, then I hope that those children's father(s) are providing for them and not Albert. That would be grossly unfair.

suturegeisha said:
Am I the only one who thinks that...

A] This is both Albert AND Nicole's dumb faults
B] That Nicole really brought this out at a bad time, thus proving to many that she is simply after Albert to marry her and become the next princess of Monaco [and, if she's not, why on earth did she wait 22 months after the baby was born to bring this up? So that Alexandre could "have a regular father"? Spare me!]
C] That this poor kid is just a pawn in this horrible power struggle
and D] that he's darn cute? :) [certainly doesn't look like his mother anyway-ick ick ick]

THANK YOU!! I'm so relieved that we can see the same thing. Can I hug you? :D

Maybe the mother loved her son enough to want him to be publicly acknowledged so he could be treated as Albert's son w/o trying to hide anything! Yeah she was being well taken care of b/f she went public. DOn't you think that she knew this would drastically decrease her chances of becoming a princess? Be realistic ppl.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
THANK YOU!! I'm so relieved that we can see the same thing. Can I hug you? :D

No problem! Hug away! I'm glad I'm not all alone in my corner over here. :p

Reina said:
Maybe the mother loved her son enough to want him to be publicly acknowledged so he could be treated as Albert's son w/o trying to hide anything! Yeah she was being well taken care of b/f she went public. DOn't you think that she knew this would drastically decrease her chances of becoming a princess? Be realistic ppl.

I agree with you, Reina, except for one important thing- timing.

It's only a few weeks [or a few days, this has all melted together like Cracker Jacks] after Prince Rainier passed away, and all of a sudden there's a flight attendant all over the press "ALBERT FATHERED MY BABY AND HERE HE IS AIN'T HE CUTE???? omgomg" For crying out loud, could the woman have not been decent and at LEAST let the darned official mourning period pass? Rainier did not deserve to have his death overshadowed by this, but unfortunately I think it pretty much was overshadowed.
Why didn't she bring up this subject when the poor kid was first born? Because she was worried about what Prince Rainier would have said? Okay, I'll buy that. If anything, though, this woman should really have had a little common sense and not started screeching to newspapers about Albert's baby. This just SCREAMS "tacky", "etiquette-challenged", "I WANT ATTENTION". I'm not sure if her angle is money or power or both, but I think that the issue is driven by something other than wanting a good father for her child.

I'm confused about something? What I like to know is why did he wait so long to acknowledge the little boy was his anyhow? Did he not know Alexandre was his? Or was it to keep it from Ranier? Or was it some other reason?

sommone said:
I'm confused about something? What I like to know is why did he wait so long to acknowledge the little boy was his anyhow? Did he not know Alexandre was his? Or was it to keep it from Ranier? Or was it some other reason?

PA II knows about Alexandre all along. He told Nicole to keep the baby when she told him she ws pregnant, had a DNA test taken after Alexandre was born, financially supports mother and child, and visits Alexandre. He even let both Nicole and Alexandre live at his Paris apartment. He privately acknowledged him. As for his reasons for keeping quiet about Alexandre, we really don't know. Prince Rainier? Maybe. He has been sickly in the last few years of his life, and maybe Albert didn't want to upset him. Everyone knows that Stephanie had 3 children out of wedlock (2 were later legitimized) and that Rainier accepted her children. Maybe it's different for Albert bec. he was the next in line to the throne?

monica17 said:
PA II knows about Alexandre all along. He told Nicole to keep the baby when she told him she ws pregnant, had a DNA test taken after Alexandre was born, financially supports mother and child, and visits Alexandre. He even let both Nicole and Alexandre live at his Paris apartment. He privately acknowledged him. As for his reasons for keeping quiet about Alexandre, we really don't know. Prince Rainier? Maybe. He has been sickly in the last few years of his life, and maybe Albert didn't want to upset him. Everyone knows that Stephanie had 3 children out of wedlock (2 were later legitimized) and that Rainier accepted her children. Maybe it's different for Albert bec. he was the next in line to the throne?

Thanks for the reply, Monica17. I guess I am just mystified as why he wouldn't publicly acknowledge Alexandre in the first place...Granted he was born out of wedlock, but still...Keeping his paternity a secret makes me wonder about some things...:cool:

sommone said:
Thanks for the reply, Monica17. I guess I am just mystified as why he wouldn't publicly acknowledge Alexandre in the first place...Granted he was born out of wedlock, but still...Keeping his paternity a secret makes me wonder about some things...:cool:

You're welcome, sommone! It would be very nice if there will be media feature on all this - Albert and Alexandre, life after Rainier, with all the Grimaldis on it. :) Hopefully, we will know everything. PA II grants interviews so that's not impossible.

At least everyone in the forum seems to adore Alexandre.;)

_________
Monica17

michelleq said:
I feel that she went to the press to, yes, make Albert acknowledge the paternity. But as far as "hidden away", he never hid her. Even when he was dating her, he was quite apparent with it. It was well known in France, and yes she was seen in Monaco. This is a precarious situation because Albert is the Reigning Prince, but let's stop and wonder, why did Ranier change the constitution APPROX. 2 years ago. HMMMMMMMMM???

I welcome all feedback!
He changed the constitution for a couple of reasons. It was before Alexandre was concieved.

Interview from Prince Albert II -- I heard/read something somewhere that he will be doing one on July 11th on TV5 Paris. I can't give any more information than that -- I don't speak french and my handy dandy translator does not work on spoken word, so I did not really pay much attention. But anyone who is interested could probably find the information.
If someone who does watch it could let the rest of us (who don't or can't) know what happened we would LOVE it!!
Thanks

I saw an interview of Vincent Meylan, journalist at Point de Vue, this morning who was able to meet Thierry Lacoste in order to get reliable information on this matter. He said that only 3 persons, except Nicole, were aware of the birth, Thierry himself, Prince Albert and the Notary. Prince Albert had to inform his sisters before the press announcement. Vincent said that that Princess Stéphanie, very close to her brother and very cool herself must have accepted this information with support to her brother, she isn't complicated at all and really adores her brother, regarding Princess Caroline, He said that she is more enigmatic, so he doesn't know how she had welcomed the news, but these are quotes by Vincent not Thierry. Anyway, there is a special issue of Point de Vue today, they had delayed their issue to cover the announcement.
It should be interesting to know how the family actually received the news and what will be their relationship with the kid.

It was foolish to be so careless regarding birth control. Notable tsk tsk.

HOWEVER, that was 20some months ago. Alexandre is here and now officially recognised.

Whatever Nicole's motives-whether it was a deliberate pregnancy "trap" or mere mistake, whether she went public to force Albert's hand before the 24 month date or for the money or for dreams of happily ever after as Princess Nicole or all of these and what her future plans may be, the fact is that Albert has a child.

A child he must provide for and protect in the rest of his (Albert) life.

Nothing now can change those facts.

We applaud Albert for coming forth. Whether he had intended to recognise Alexandre or outside influences changed his plans is also irrelevent. The child is now officially of Albert.

Nothing can change the past. What is of concern is the future.

To oversee Monaco and its growth.
To find his hearts happiness in someone who can accept the roles of his sisters, his son, and his official duties in his life---and still love him.
To take care of Alexandre and his mother.

Yes, gossip is fun. The principality, Albert, Caroline, her children and husbands, Stephanie, her men and children, Nicole and Alexandre--they all will always be picked at. Its makes The Rock and its occupants human.

But constantly digging at what cannot be changed may only serve to keep wounds unhealed-which is not always best.

We (Dani and Ann) want the best for Monaco and its Royal Family.
For all their foibles, we are proud of them and how they have presented themselves in their many times of crisis.
We continue to wish them the best.

Dani and Ann (aka NotDani)

Athena said:
Yes, but who is really.

And she has a powerful lawyer -- both play the "protect their client and do it in the best interest of their client card".

As I have said rather *key word* relatively normal life free from the public eye and the unconditional love from Albert.

Your key word relatively to me in my opinion is still far from normal

Touche!;)

I would have to disagree with you on this one more than anything.

Albert did and does accept his son and I sincerely doubt Albert was worried about this women breathing down his neck about his role in the child's life. Moreover, to assume that the child would be hidden away is absurd. If anything, having and being a child in the limelight is extremely difficult -- even for the adult -- trust me. It is better for the child to be taken care of away from the press to grow up in a normal enviroment; unfortunately that has been thrown out the window forever.

This is also where I disagree with you the most here as well. Hidden away was exactly what he was for 2 years.....maybe even more if she hadn't come forth. Pushed aside is what he would be as well if Albert were to marry and have children. That's what happens & this I know from experience.
The spotlight is only a little piece of dust in this whole situation.

Personally speaking, I really doubt that.

True they are there to get a scoop and she gave it to them freely; which she didn't have to do if she wanted to protect her child from them. Like I have noted before, the fact that she went public has done exactly what she stated she didn't want for her son in the first place, as noted in her talking to the press.

There is nothing wrong with what she did. If Albert hadn't lied to her about legal documents then the whole situation could have probably been avoided. I don't think for her to stay quiet and be walked all over is in the best interest of the child either. So who wins here???

No, I said it was sneaky of her if she hid the idenity of the father, famous or not, from her family. Again, I doubt Albert would have told her to keep her family in the dark. I mean it is their relative -- do you think they are not going to ask?

I think he would ask her not to say anything. He has always tried to be discreet in his personal life & this would be one way of doing that. Of course her family would ask who the father of Alexandre is and this was where the problem was.... She couldn't answer

I think the reason why she recieved such a backlash is due to the way she has handled it and the decpetive (to some) timing of it all. Right after the death of Albert's father -- a time of vulnerablity nonetheless.

understandably so, but I'm perturbed by the mere fact that everyone seems to run by Alberts calendar. Nicole had some serious issues that needed resolving in regards to Alexandre as well yet that doesn't seem to matter & she has also her own time line to run by... Should she wait and wait until its to late, or maybe thats what he wanted.

Of course, and that is the beauty of a healthy debate. We can both express our differences without verbally attacking each other. Moreover, I always like to hear other people's opinions -- it can give me insight to a totally different perspective without judgement. Did that make sense?

In the end, I appreciate/respect your comments, lashinka2002.:)

ditto!! I don't want to knit pick anymore......but I can't seem to let you have the last comment----not healthy??:p

Last edited:
Moonlightrhapsody, the reason I said "he got himself into this pickle" instead of "they got THEMSELVES into this pickle" is because I don't think she considers this a "pickle" and he does. :)
Also, in the same vein, the reason I said "do you think she raped him?" is because lots of people think she craftily planned all of this and I was just pointing out that she couldn't have done this without his whole-hearted cooperation. If people were thinking that HE planned and trapped her (LOL) I would've said "do you think he raped her?"

In all of the debate I never got around tosaying that I'm thrilled that Albert had publically acknowledged his child & and wish them smoother sailing in the future.

i just hope everything works out well, for Alexandre's sake.

assia said:
I saw an interview of Vincent Meylan, journalist at Point de Vue, this morning who was able to meet Thierry Lacoste in order to get reliable information on this matter. He said that only 3 persons, except Nicole, were aware of the birth, Thierry himself, Prince Albert and the Notary. Prince Albert had to inform his sisters before the press announcement. Vincent said that that Princess Stéphanie, very close to her brother and very cool herself must have accepted this information with support to her brother, she isn't complicated at all and really adores her brother, regarding Princess Caroline, He said that she is more enigmatic, so he doesn't know how she had welcomed the news, but these are quotes by Vincent not Thierry. Anyway, there is a special issue of Point de Vue today, they had delayed their issue to cover the announcement.
It should be interesting to know how the family actually received the news and what will be their relationship with the kid.

This is what I mean by pushed away and hidden, not only from her family but his as well. Poor child!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom