Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just want to see her do more with herself. For herself and for the picture we are all looking at.

Charlene and Albert

I think what annoys me is seeing her photos at events rather than seeing her working at something or doing charity work. She seems to play to the camera alot, I don't think she should attend all these events. If Albert intends to marry her he should come forward now and make an official engagement then maybe we all can say ok, she's more than just a girlfriend.

Let's not confuse this relationship with that of Gustav and Carina. The only reason Gustav and Carina have yet to marry is because of the legal entanglements of his grandfather's will re: his inheritance.:bang:

PA & CW is showing more affection at the olympic than any other place they was at. I hope it true and not for pictures taking.

I agree. I think because they are out of Monaco they are bonding more. It's nice to see them being close.

I agree. I think because they are out of Monaco they are bonding more. It's nice to see them being close.

I disagree. When you look at it, the public sees PA and CW only in photos and videos. The total time available - usually - to view this couple is measured in minutes. The total time out of view is measured in hours or days. The Olympics simply extend the amount of time available to view the couple.

Maybe the apparency that they are bonding more is in our minds - because we have more opportunities to see them bonding. Does it have to do with proximity to Monaco? I think it has more to do with proximity to photographers - which is how we observe them.

During the Olymics Charlene has been looking miserable so far, gaunt, pale, lifeless as if she did everything only to please Albert and keep up her chances to get that ring on her finger. Some people think that she is sad because of the lost opportunity to participate herself but IMO the swimmer Charlene Wittstock is highly overrated, I seriously doubt that she would have qualified in the first place or even would have been in line for a medal. She has been a "celebrity athlete" for a long long time, famous for dating a prince. Bringing along a non-committment-girlfriend who is allowed to wear the badge of Monaco to an official event says everything about the attitude of the Head of State, IMO. If Rainier found out I guess he would rotate in his grave ... sadly he took all remaining style and value down with him.

During the Olymics Charlene has been looking miserable so far, gaunt, pale, lifeless as if she did everything only to please Albert and keep up her chances to get that ring on her finger. Some people think that she is sad because of the lost opportunity to participate herself but IMO the swimmer Charlene Wittstock is highly overrated, I seriously doubt that she would have qualified in the first place or even would have been in line for a medal. She has been a "celebrity athlete" for a long long time, famous for dating a prince. Bringing along a non-committment-girlfriend who is allowed to wear the badge of Monaco to an official event says everything about the attitude of the Head of State, IMO. If Rainier found out I guess he would rotate in his grave ... sadly he took all remaining style and value down with him.
after seen all the photo i have to agree with you, why on earth will he have her wear monaco tshrit when he cannot give her ''the ring'' she is enjoying all the spotlight the media have given her, i don't think she wanted to complete at first all the media report of her traning was all lies because she seems happy playing the monaco wanna be princess cheer leader, after seen all the olymics photo is so clear to see what her real goal is, so i don't get why charlene is not contribute to real work like charity etc not some photo shoot for magazine cover since she seems to be enjoying the life of a wanna princess,why not start working and contribute to society like a real princess should. jmo:ermm:

Some of you may remember that I promised to NEVER post in this thread again because of my disgust with this "relationship" ... however, my dear Duke of Marmalade -- I tip my hat to you for succinctly describing this situation. Rainer and Grace are both rotating in their graves.

She stayed with him because she had to prepare JO, after the games she will not have excuses or story anymore to be sold why to stay? What will she make? She is sad because the more the end of the Jo arrives, the more the term of its departure is imminent if albert had asked her to stay longer it would not be sad... I find that she is lucky, numerous of the athletes, who had the luck to be selected, who made all their possible to be there even as invited instead of watching TV, newspapers, Internet … Instead of saying positive things, being there, in the first changing rooms and thinking of the others, she feels sorry for her fate …

Yeah, miserable ... : Famille Princière de Monaco: Au bord de la piscine olympique ! :rolleyes::ermm:

Gosh, knock it off , guys ...

I was just taking a look at the photos of Charlene & Albert & thinking how happy & relaxed they seem together, I guess there will always be one picture that seems to tell another story, but imop most of the pictures appear to indicate a genuine affection between them. It must be easier for her to be comfortable in this environment & the real test is how well she copes when she's supporting Albert in the day to day duties back home.

Sebatian posted a link to pictures of the couple and if you click on the link and then the date of 8/17-24/08. There are interesting photos of Albert with his arm around Charlene and she seems very uncomfortable. This I find very telling, maybe she is just is companion, and not really interested in him. Not even a little kiss from her or him....hmmmmmm something is very strange.

Albert seems so much more relaxed, away from home, and surrounded by fellow sportspersons. He looks like someone released from a cage. I agree with Elly C, the two look very relaxed. I just hope that, when they're back in Monaco, they will be able to preserve some of that fun and enthusiasm, and not end up in the Monegasque straightjacket again.

Their relationship can't help being influenced by the age factor. He is twenty years her senior, and as time progresses, this will become more noticeable.

I've followed the fate of that family since Rainier's and Grace's wedding day, and they've all had more than their share of unhappiness. It's refreshing to see Albert in his element, and he is at his best when functioning as a senior IOC member.

I don't know.. One should not judge anyone's personality solely based on photos, but I was thinking.. she may also be a relatively shy person, "timide". A shy person is often mistaken as an arrogant person. Her face does not reveal a lot of emotions but that does not mean she hasn't them at all.

I arrived late on the scene so I don't understand what it is she has apparently done to induce so much dislike. What things exactly did she say that were offensive? What did she do? E.g. did she make racist remarks? Romp around naked? Sorry if this has been discussed before...have tried looking, but couldn't find the info here or elsewhere.

I'll confess I'm pretty ignorant about their relationship. How in the world did she end up in Monaco and how did they meet? I agree PA should marry....I mean, a 50 year old bachelor with illegit kids? For a head of state, that is just...:eek:

I don't know.. One should not judge anyone's personality solely based on photos, but I was thinking.. she may also be a relatively shy person, "timide". A shy person is often mistaken as an arrogant person. Her face does not reveal a lot of emotions but that does not mean she hasn't them at all.

Agreed. It's not just photos. You can't even judge people by their interviews, even the ones given on TV and you can hear them for yourself. In my experience, there is a jaw-dropping amount of misinterpretation and misrepresentation in the media. A lot of people I've encountered are completely different from the way they come across in the media.

I arrived late on the scene so I don't understand what it is she has apparently done to induce so much dislike. What things exactly did she say that were offensive? What did she do? E.g. did she make racist remarks? Romp around naked? Sorry if this has been discussed before...have tried looking, but couldn't find the info here or elsewhere.

I'll confess I'm pretty ignorant about their relationship. How in the world did she end up in Monaco and how did they meet? I agree PA should marry....I mean, a 50 year old bachelor with illegit kids? For a head of state, that is just...:eek:

Agreed. It's not just photos. You can't even judge people by their interviews, even the ones given on TV and you can hear them for yourself. In my experience, there is a jaw-dropping amount of misinterpretation and misrepresentation in the media. A lot of people I've encountered are completely different from the way they come across in the media.

Firelight, please read through some of the old threads to understand the controversy that this couple has generated on this forum so that we won't rehash old history in this thread.

Thanks, :flowers:
Mandy

Maybe Prince Albert believes in the curse which has hit ALL the members of his immediate family? Is happy with Andrea taking over eventually!? And loves simply the company of a good woman who has agreed with the role she has???

;)

I am sure he will announce his engagement soon !

Looking at pics of Albert and Charlene from Olympics I became more asured their 'relationship' is fake. They seem posing to many pics, pretending to be in love. In pics where Charlene is trying to get physically closer to prince, he was looking in different direction. In pictures where Albert tried to hug her, she had bored face.:lol: Incredible disharmony in love expression.:rolleyes: They pretend a couple for whatever reason. It reminds me Claudia Schiffer and David Copperfield "relationship".:ROFLMAO:

Looking at the pictures from the olympics, I am more convinced that these two belong together. I just wish everyone can be happy for them.

Looking at the pictures from the olympics, I am more convinced that these two belong together. I just wish everyone can be happy for them.
iam happy for them but if only their affection can be show everytime instead at the olympics games.:whistling:

Is this the longest "public" relationship that Albert has had?

I have no idea where it's going so I don't even want to get into that discussion.

I wonder if it is significant that we haven't yet seen Charlene's family in Monaco or Albert and Charlene visiting them in South Africa. But then maybe she isn't close to her family.

This relationship is just very confusing and sometimes it seems like a wedding is on the horizon and then there is just nothing.

Maybe they really do just enjoy being "companions" and as yet don't want anything else. I would really like one of those body language experts to give us there opinion on some of the photos that have been taken of them.

Oh well it gives us something to discuss on the board. :)

I know that there is a lot of neagtive stuff out there about Albert and Charlene, and I for one have said that , he should either say they are engaged or not keep on bringing her out to offical functions, but I must admit , it so much nicer looking at albert now that he has charlene with him I know its shallow of me to say this , but least she is better on the eye than he is , also least she wears dress weather they are nice or not , than his boring old suits. ........ very shallow of me I know.

Maybe it was already posted but in German "Frau aktuell" there is a photo where Queen Sofia of Spain greets Charlene at the Olympics by kissing her on the cheek! I find this very informative.....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom