Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is perhaps not desperation that drives fans to push for a marriage. Merely a curiousity as to why they have not yet taken the final steps after such a long relationship. As Albert is indeed the monarch, it is only natural to watch for a marriage to happen.

I agree. People who expect Charlene and PA finally get married don't have to be Charlene's fans. They may just wainting something to happen, they want to know what will be next.

Something must be drawing Albert to Charlene. He could have his pick of women, but he publicly chooses this one, and for quite some time now. So, it is not unrealistic to expect people to look at the two of them and wonder when they will take the next big step.

Not necessary. If it is staged 'relationship' like I believe, she will stay as long as he needs her to be "girlfriend". And she is here, maybe because she was the only decent woman who was willing to accept this "agreement". By decent, I mean with not bad look( she can be considered pretty), and she is a former athlete, no past etc, so quite presentable in public.

I understand why Prince Albert is taking his time he wants to find someone who is suitable and compatible to be his future wife and First Lady of Monaco because he wants his marriage and relationship to last for a lifetime.But Albert is already 50 years old and not gettng any younger time just keeps going by while he keeps on aging along with it just like everybody else.I hope he does find real happiness rather it is with Charlene or not and that he will take the burden off his sisters and their children when dealing with the succesion issues to the throne by him marry one day and have his own legitmate heir and other children I call them spares.

Okay...let's move on.

At this time I would like remind everyone of the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/zero-tolerance-policy-16593.html, which states that there will be no speculation on engagements and/or weddings.

I realize that at this particular stage in the Albert/Charlene relationship there are some who hope that the relationship moves to the next stage (we all love a wedding) just as there are some who do not approve of the relationship HOWEVER...at the present time there is NO engagement on the horizon...and we could go ON AND ON AND ON on when will they, why don't they, will it ever happen, it will happen by next year, etc. So let's just end it here.

All future posts regarding a possible engagement will be deleted. If you have any questions, please do not hestiate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF adminstrators.

Thank you.

Last edited:
What is the next function they are expected to attend together??
:)

How far ahead would CW be planned into what PA is planned into?

I understand why Prince Albert is taking his time he wants to find someone who is suitable and compatible to be his future wife and First Lady of Monaco because he wants his marriage and relationship to last for a lifetime.But Albert is already 50 years old and not gettng any younger time just keeps going by while he keeps on aging along with it just like everybody else.I hope he does find real happiness rather it is with Charlene or not and that he will take the burden off his sisters and their children when dealing with the succesion issues to the throne by him marry one day and have his own legitmate heir and other children I call them spares.

So do I, but if he wants a marriage to last a lifetime, I think he has made bad choices in his companions? 20 years his junior? I mean it doesn't take a psychic to figure this out? Rainier made the change for the succesion issues for a reason. He also split his fortune pretty much between both Caroline and Albert -- surely Caroline and her kids would understand they also have responsibilities? I think that must have been what Rainiers thinking was to will Caroline that much money without the idea that her own children (his grandchildren) might step into the position. I just think for Albert to marry for the only purpose of having an heir especially at his age, is just plain stupid. I think he would really suffer for it and ruin any chance of him ever having a happy life -- in fact I think it would be disasterous for him (IMO) if he marries for the wrong reasons. He is really playing Russian roulette with the idea that having a child is even a probable possibility, if he is just going to marry someone for that reason alone? He is going to be up a creek without a paddle very quickly if that is the only thing he is considering in what a marriage would be like for him, if that is his only consideration for a wife? I'm sure one of Caroline's kids can manage to step up to the role when the time comes or even one of Stephanie's. I think a child raised as part of the Grimaldi family would be a better choice and monarchy is less popular that it once was? I don't know how accepting the people of Monaco would be if one of the other children raised outside of the Grimaldi's ever tried to take the throne? No matter what Albert might wish? I think he needs to just concentrate on finding a women that he cares for and that really cares for him. That's a tough position and role to be in, if not in a loving and supporting marriage multiplied with someone that isn't up to that task (for all considerations). But Albert does waste his time and involves himself with unsuitable women, so I don't know why he would or should be surprised that he hasn't found anyone? When would he have had the chance to have found anyone, while involved with someone else:rolleyes:? I do hope he finds someone to share a happy life with though, if he ever decides to make room for that possibity? Besides 50 is the new 30?;):flowers:

So far I think that Albert has been sharing his 50 years with someone, it just happens they are not the same someone. He now has two children but no direct heir. One of Caroline´s children is probably going to be the next ruler in Monaco, which one? It is usually the eldest.

I'm sure they're very happy and in love and all of th at. But at t his point I doubt that very few people are hanging on to their every move. Its absolutely boring at this point. There really are ot her things in life and things to do without adulating over them. I'm glad they're happy as they seem to be however the marital situation.

They'll be married when they get married (how deep is that).

This might be the wrong place but your comment"...spares" grabs my attention--if you're referring to the o/w little boy and the big girl? IMO there are certainly some other names you can call them other than spares. Through the activities of the papparazzi, press, etc we see they seem to be enjoying full appropriate lives. And I'm sure they're foremost and important in their mothers' lives. Just as the other Prince Rainier grandchild who shares similar birth circumstances.

I realize the importance and tradition and practice of legitimate heirs and I'm sure the monarch will certainly take care of that in his own time. But human-wise and biologically, it takes the same kind of mitosis and cell division and same number of chromosomes and the same paternal dna in this case. We all have our Cause Celelebre (?). They're mine.

This might be the wrong place but your comment"...spares" grabs my attention--if you're referring to the o/w little boy and the big girl? IMO there are certainly some other names you can call them other than spares. Through the activities of the papparazzi, press, etc we see they seem to be enjoying full appropriate lives. And I'm sure they're foremost and important in their mothers' lives. Just as the other Prince Rainier grandchild who shares similar birth circumstances.

I realize the importance and tradition and practice of legitimate heirs and I'm sure the monarch will certainly take care of that in his own time. But human-wise and biologically, it takes the same kind of mitosis and cell division and same number of chromosomes and the same paternal dna in this case. We all have our Cause Celelebre (?). They're mine.

Prince Charles coined the term "spare" when he quoted they now had a heir and a spare.

Prince Charles coined the term "spare" when he quoted they now had a heir and a spare.

I think Consuelo Vanderbilt, duchess of Marlborough, coined the term for her two sons. There's a lovely picture of her with them in Blenheim.

Sorry, I have tried reading back, but why are we talking about "spares" on this thread?

This speculation is getting old. Until we hear something of concrete evidence I agree with Zonk. :whistling:By the way where is Irelands flag?

Thanks Grievinan and Ysbel. As you can see I'm not up on royalty. But those two people you mentioned were human beings prone to frailties and mistakes.

Considering that particular post and say some other foregoing situations and threads surrounding those children, I was afraid there was some disdain intended. It still sounds unkind. But thank you. I really had my dukes up!!!

It looks like Charlene now has a bodyguard. The guy with the beard is the same man that was with her at the Giorgio Armani store opening and fashion show. Interesting.

We haven't seen Charlene and PA for a while. It seems more than one months. I wonder what's up. We seem them separately only. We can see that Charlene is in Monaco often in the same time as PA... :confused:
Interesting. Let's wait what would happen....:sleeping:

We haven't seen Charlene and PA for a while. It seems more than one months. I wonder what's up. We seem them separately only. We can see that Charlene is in Monaco often in the same time as PA... :confused:
Interesting. Let's wait what would happen....:sleeping:

I am surprised that she did not attend the Oktoberfest this year. But this can be interpreted in any direction - they could have split and she will fade into oblivion or she is being prepared for the big announcement.

As usual we'll have to wait and see what happens.

SOME GREAT PHOTOS, a collective from several major events.
This is like a slow motion picture of them over time.
Does it look like love? Or a puppy tale keeping him occupied?
Whatever it is, they seem to look happy most of the time when
they are together. And that they have some similar interests.
Cheers, all !!

Charlene Wittstock photos - Daylife

Bachelor for life what is left to say I don't need to even mention the m word because it just not fall into place.They will continue to stay an item until one gets tired of the other.That is why his sister will succeed him if she outlives him and become the second sovereign princess in Monaco's history.

Some Charlene's photos. She are walking with unknown friends in Monte-Carlo 24.09.2008
AOP/EliotPress

SHE SEEMS TO BE REALLY INTO THIS LIFESTYLE, CENTRE OF ATTENTION and entourage, paparazzi, stylin walk, and being surrounded by men.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Charlene's photos. She are walking with unknown friends in Monte-Carlo 24.09.2008
AOP/EliotPress
These are a beautiful set of candid photos.. I love them..spontaneous and natuaral

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if she were more like his sisters ... ?

if albert is happy with her the way they are now and she's satisfied as well, then let them be ;)
all this pressure, all this media hype is exactly what Albert's been trying to avoid his whole life, I think he will marry Charlene, but it will be on HIS terms, when he decides it's the right time

Last edited:
In those pics from PGA Albert and Charlene looked just like two old buddies, not couple. I still don't see those two in any relationship, just friends pretending to be a couple for fun. It seem that Albert still needs Charlene for photo ops.

Lakshmi, I totally agree with you, They don't have any kind of chemistry going on between them.

SHE SEEMS TO BE REALLY INTO THIS LIFESTYLE, CENTRE OF ATTENTION and entourage, paparazzi, stylin walk, and being surrounded by men.

Maybe he should just give her the crown, and save them both the trouble of a marriage:D. She does seem rather animated when she gets around men and more uncomfortable around women :ermm:, it appears that way at least? :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom