The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

A chignon would be nice, something like this or maybe this, idk

Old 12-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Serene Highness

They both look good! She seems to be growing her hair out, so maybe an elaborate up-do to go behind her tiara, which I'm sure she will wear!

Old 12-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene will wear her hair up, she wears them often up at public events,she has her hair rarely down.For the tiara, I have any idea about it , but I think it will be nice for her to wear a tiara
Old 12-16-2010, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

As far as I can see, this thread is about "Wedding suggestions and musings".

Postings about this wedding should be a pleasure :-)) not an excuse to have a go at one another.

There seems to be a - rather repetitive - war of words about all things Charlene, and it becomes rather monotonous, verging on boring. That's not a criticism, just an observation on my part.

It is perfectly possible to like some things about Charlene, and to dislike other things.
I managed it the other day, when I expressed my feelings about her lack of French, but, in the same sentence, lauded her for her choice of garment.

It doesn't need to be Black or White - there are Grey shades too :-))
Old 12-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I did not want give this new because there are so criticisms about Charlene, but I think to the persons who try to defend the couple.
To day there is a release press of the palace,it is official, the civil palace will take place july the first at 17 heures in the palace, and the religious weedding will take place on july 2th in the honor yard (inside the palace) where the personalyties will attend, Cardinal Barsi will celebrate the weedding mass, it will be at 17h, and 4000 persons could attend in the open place, on big screems and they could be sit. The doors of the palace will stay opened during the ceremony.july the first and july the second will be no working days . Make what you want of this new
Old 12-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Here's the mentioned announcement on the official website:

** Informations relatives au mariage civil et au mariage religieux de S.A.S le Prince albert II et de Melle Charlene Wittstock **

** translation **
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see that they have finally set the dates. Let's hope they don't change their minds again.

Just one correction: Archbishop Bernard César Augustin Barsi is not a Cardinal. He is generally addressed as Monsignor Barsi.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Hmm, I don't think the date is set up yet. They published 'official date' on palace's website before and it has changed many times since then.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
As far as I can see, this thread is about "Wedding suggestions and musings".

Postings about this wedding should be a pleasure :-)) not an excuse to have a go at one another.

There seems to be a - rather repetitive - war of words about all things Charlene, and it becomes rather monotonous, verging on boring. That's not a criticism, just an observation on my part.

It is perfectly possible to like some things about Charlene, and to dislike other things.
I managed it the other day, when I expressed my feelings about her lack of French, but, in the same sentence, lauded her for her choice of garment.

It doesn't need to be Black or White - there are Grey shades too :-))
Thank you so very much Renata for that. It was needed very much. "chiaroscuro" is the grey area I believe and I agree because as i sometimes observe difficult things abbout CW I also laud her in the same sentence. Once again thank you for bringing us back into orbit regarding the wedding suggestions and musings.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some more information about the programme for the wedding
from the Nice Matin

link

Some snippets from the above article -
After the wedding of Prince William the world's focus will transfer to Monaco (!!) Some 1,500 journalists will cover the ceremony
The ceremony it is to be filmed in 3D
A huge red carpet will stretch from the barracks of the police quarters(opposite the palace) to the palace interior - courtyard.
The religious ceremony will have 4,000 guests including heads of state/personalities
After the religious ceremony Princess Charlene will lay her bouquet in the chapel of St Devote (which Grace also did)
Old 12-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Stephane Bern the speaker of french public tv and who belongs to the comittee who works with the advisers of the palace said to day that the weedding will be broadcast on the tv public A2 or Fr3 and he will be the speaker like he was for the national fest on november 19th and Jeanclaude Narcy said to day that the weedding will be on the privacy Tv' the one'.Jerome Revon said that the civil ceremony will be broadcast but it will be very short because the ceremony is very shortHe said also that the civil ceremony will be on thursday june30th because there will be repetitions on the place of the palace the friday.I heard also Prince Albert saying that the civil weedding will be 2 days before the religious weedding in the interview on "classic radio" Bern said also that the invitations to the host people will be sent soon In these days. he says also that the weedding of Prince William and these of Prince Albert will be broadcast on the french tv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Some more information about the programme for the wedding
from the Nice Matin

link

Some snippets from the above article -
After the wedding of Prince William the world's focus will transfer to Monaco (!!) Some 1,500 journalists will cover the ceremony
The ceremony it is to be filmed in 3D
A huge red carpet will stretch from the barracks of the police quarters(opposite the palace) to the palace interior - courtyard.
The religious ceremony will have 4,000 guests including heads of state/personalities
After the religious ceremony Princess Charlene will lay her bouquet in the chapel of St Devote (which Grace also did)
According to this last article posted by Elly dated December 22, 2010 the civil wedding is still set for July 1, 2011.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
A huge red carpet will stretch from the barracks of the police
What exactly is the red carpet for? Will the guests walk along it? But what will they be doing at the barracks?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Is this yet another date change?
This is getting a tad ridiculous in my opinion. Just pick a date and stick with it.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Actually, this change was known a while ago, they just didn't add it to the official website before now.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
What exactly is the red carpet for? Will the guests walk along it? But what will they be doing at the barracks?
Well the article seems to be suggesting that Charlene & her father will use this route to enter the palace for the religious ceremony & then at to exit with Albert.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

Sounds like it's going to be a big theatrical event, surprised...NOT, but i'm looking forward to it!!! LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Hmm, I get it then she will walk across the red carpet to the ceremony.I'm still worried about rain, I hope they have a good back up plan for rain, it can happen at anytime!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Royal Highness

It makes me wonder again if CW will enter the church first[ on the red carpet] before Prince Albert or will PA abandon his father's strict protocol rules?Does anybody know if other than this forum if the Monaco wedding will be broadcast in North America on any televison channel?
Does anybody know if Celeste Holm or Judy Bababan Quine [Hollywood royalty] get the nod to go?Who of the Kelly clan are invited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Is this yet another date change?
This is getting a tad ridiculous in my opinion. Just pick a date and stick with it.
Agreed!Crazy glue that date!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
It males me wonder agin if CW will enter the church first[ on the red carpet] before Prince Albert or will PA abandon his father's strict protocol rules?
Well there's no Church to enter as it is being held in the Palace courtyard! I would imagine that Albert might already be seated /standing while Charlene enters with her father.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Serene Highness

I read in a biography of Grace (but can't remember which one) that the fact Grace had to walk down the aisle before Rainier was not due to protocol, but that it was Rainier's idea, he thought he was the most important person, so he had to enter last.
Don't know if it's true or gossip.

Closed Thread