Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! What a waste of energy pouring vitriol toward Charlene. Does anyone really think she would give a rat's patootie about what "we" think she has done, hasn't done, will do or won't do. She's laughing all the way to the palace! Y'all make me giggle.

Last edited:
The Grimaldis know Nelson Mandela. He has been a guest in Monaco. I think they even helped him raise money for his foundation. I think of them more as moderate than conservative. They are financially conservative but are also involved in many liberal social causes such as ecology, helping the poor and Aids. A S. African being involved with Mandela causes is just common sense.

Ok. So Mandela is a possible/potential guest to the wedding. I got that.

Anyone knows, if Charlene will wear a tiara? I think Grace wore it during the reception, but not during the wedding. Maybe Charlene will do the same? And if she does, which tiara could she possible use?

I hope she will.
I'm hoping for the diamond and pearl tiara of Princess Charlotte, Caroline has also worn it.

The only thing is if CW wears a tiara, and high heels of some sort she will tower over Prince Albert!!!
:ohmy: :lol:

Charlene has milked the Mandela connection long enough. Is there anything else.. NO.
She is now marrying a right wing Prince with millions.
Once this happens she will be the wife of a Prince and Mandela is progressive and not of a feudal mentality. Many of the Princesses that married into the European houses happened to know many left wing individuals before their marriages- take Letizia- and after sort of drifted away. For all the discipline Charlene put into her Olympic training she has hardly applied herself here to the position she is about to enter. Had she applied herself with the identical focus and discipline of that marathon called the Olympics her French would have been learned; the certainty of conversion bagged;and her popularity in Monaco soaring. There would have been tangible results to speak and write about.The only reason to return to the broken record called Mandela is because there isn't anything else.
Grace had friends in America- plenty- she invited all to join from Frank Sinatra; Ava Gardner who was there to Gloria Swanson who was covering for a magazine.- those who could- did and those who could not did not and saw Grace another time.
Strabucks for Monaco indeed.

Are we talking about Prince Albert II of Monaco?! :lol:There is very little about him that is right wing...his championing of environmental issues is not exactly a cause celebre of the right.

Princess Stephanie has stated publically that she admires Mandela more than any other living person and would give him the Nobel Prize year after year if it was up to her(Paris Vogue Dec/Jan 09)

Princess Caroline has paid tribute to him both in South Africa and in Monaco.

I think Rainier and Grace were rather conservative, their children not so much.

Last edited:
Charlene will be a Princess of Monaco at her religious mass when the majority of people will be in attendance. The day before, she will be married in a civil ceremony, thus is she will be a Princess of Monaco at that point. She hopefully will wear a tiara, as Grace did, for the same reason.

But I thought Grace did NOT wear a tiara to her Nuptial Mass?

She wore one to the ball that followed the civil ceremony the evening before the Mass, but her bridal attire did not include a tiara from the pictures I saw.

Her veil was comprised of a juliet cap, and it is rather awkward wearing a tiara with that sort of headpiece.

But I thought Grace did NOT wear a tiara to her Nuptial Mass?

She wore one to the ball that followed the civil ceremony the evening before the Mass, but her bridal attire did not include a tiara from the pictures I saw.

Her veil was comprised of a juliet cap, and it is rather awkward wearing a tiara with that sort of headpiece.

You are right. She did not wear a tiara during the wedding ceremony and the luncheon/reception after. She did not change her attire for the luncheon. She wore a tiara to the ballet the eve of the wedding, and it was the tiara composed of the three detachable pins with rubies. Plus her enormous but tasteful diamond necklace.

I wonder if those jewels will pass down to Charlene. I think that the jewels that Grace mostly wore were not state jewels that should be passed down from the Princess Consort to her successor but personal gifts of Prince Rainier to her.

Grace it seemed did not "inherit" Royal Jewels as she was never photographed with jewelry that were from Princess Charlotte, such as the pearl and diamond tiara, the fringe diamond necklace (that can be worn as the tiara too) and the diamond and sapphire parure. Princess Caroline has worn these items a lot though, so it seems she got them directly and not Grace.

I wonder though what Princess Antoinette inherited from her mother?

The challenge for Albert then is to provide his Princess with a formidable collection. Although Charlene seems to be a minimalist when it comes to jewelry and accessories, she needs an impressive tiara that will not look pathetic next to the jewelry worn by the other princesses. After all, Albert is one of the wealthiest royals.

Exactly mtatum...CW must be able to hold her own against the other CP's...in bling if nothing else!

I always cringe when I see the Belgian Royal women at lavish/formal events requiring the tiara. Belgium had some of the most BEAUTIFUL tiaras and jewelry until about the mid 20th century, when Liliane de Rethy(2nd wife of King Leopold III) auctioned most of them off...now Princesse Mathilde and Queen Paola have one or two tiaras each that must double as necklaces. Dowager Queen Fabiola has an impressive collection that is from her late husband Baudouin, but she apparently chooses not to loan them.

I hope Albert does not put Charlene in the same position Mathilde and Paola are in, he is quite wealthy!

You are right. She did not wear a tiara during the wedding ceremony and the luncheon/reception after. She did not change her attire for the luncheon. She wore a tiara to the ballet the eve of the wedding, and it was the tiara composed of the three detachable pins with rubies. Plus her enormous but tasteful diamond necklace.

I wonder if those jewels will pass down to Charlene. I think that the jewels that Grace mostly wore were not state jewels that should be passed down from the Princess Consort to her successor but personal gifts of Prince Rainier to her.

Grace it seemed did not "inherit" Royal Jewels as she was never photographed with jewelry that were from Princess Charlotte, such as the pearl and diamond tiara, the fringe diamond necklace (that can be worn as the tiara too) and the diamond and sapphire parure. Princess Caroline has worn these items a lot though, so it seems she got them directly and not Grace.

I wonder though what Princess Antoinette inherited from her mother?

The challenge for Albert then is to provide his Princess with a formidable collection. Although Charlene seems to be a minimalist when it comes to jewelry and accessories, she needs an impressive tiara that will not look pathetic next to the jewelry worn by the other princesses. After all, Albert is one of the wealthiest royals.

The issue of Charlotte's jewels have been mentioned several times. They were left to Caroline when Charlotte died. She at times lends them to her sister to wear, but they are Caroline's. I am not sure, perhaps Charlotte did not approve of her son marrying an American commoner.

Grace's jewels would be the state crown jewels if Monaco has them, and anything Prince Rainier bought her. I'd assume Prince Albert and Stephanie likely got the personal jewels. If Caroline got her grandmother's I see Grace dividing hers between her other two.

So other than Grace's that Albert may have got, she will be like Grace I asusme. She will get jewels her husband buys for her. Unless Caroline decides to give up some of her grandmother's jewels. I have a feeling she won't. She likely will keep them till she dies, and give some to her daughters. Charlotte and Alexandra, and the wives of Piere and Andre, will likely inherit the majority. Maybe a tiara or two will return to the royal family, but I'd think they'd go to her children for the most part.

Last edited:
It does not surprise me that Princess Charlotte("Mamou")left her jewelry to Caroline rather than Grace...I have read that Princess Charlotte did not like or approve of her son marrying a commoner/actress/American, which is funny when you consider Mamou's own ancestry.

On the other hand Princess Caroline adored her and often pleaded with Grace to be allowed to stay with her in Paris...Mamou lived an unorthodox lifestyle..taking much younger lovers etc. Grace was mortified and didn't want Caroline anywhere near her.

I have never really seen Princess Stephanie wearing anything that looks like it could be Caroline's or Princess Charlotte's. She seems to like more modern, less classical pieces.

But you folks are correct, I would be surprised if I saw CW wearing ANY of Caroline's bling...those are almost certainly going to Charlotte C., Alexandra and the wives of Andrea and Pierre eventually.

The Grimaldis know Nelson Mandela. He has been a guest in Monaco. I think they even helped him raise money for his foundation. I think of them more as moderate than conservative. They are financially conservative but are also involved in many liberal social causes such as ecology, helping the poor and Aids. A S. African being involved with Mandela causes is just common sense.
Yes there have been several meetings for fundraising. Mandela was in Monaco in 2007 as part of a major tour to promote his foundation (I was fortunate to see him emerge from the Hotel de Paris - a memorable moment for those of us who had waited patiently to get a glimpse of him). Apart from previous meetings, Charlene met with Mrs Mandela quite recently on her trip back home, so I can see he might be invited - but is it likely he would make the trip? I guess it would give the wedding a higher profile were he to be there - but how sad if a wedding is to be judged by its ability to attract "A" list guests.

Exactly mtatum...CW must be able to hold her own against the other CP's...in bling if nothing else!

I always cringe when I see the Belgian Royal women at lavish/formal events requiring the tiara. Belgium had some of the most BEAUTIFUL tiaras and jewelry until about the mid 20th century, when Liliane de Rethy(2nd wife of King Leopold III) auctioned most of them off...now Princesse Mathilde and Queen Paola have one or two tiaras each that must double as necklaces. Dowager Queen Fabiola has an impressive collection that is from her late husband Baudouin, but she apparently chooses not to loan them.

I hope Albert does not put Charlene in the same position Mathilde and Paola are in, he is quite wealthy!

Moonmaiden23, thanks for the additional info regarding the Belgian royals. I have noticed that yes, compared to the ladies from Spain, Denmark, Sweden, etc., Queen Paola and Princess Mathilde have a rather limited collection to choose from. But I simply assumed that it was more about personal taste than actual lack of options. :sad: But at least, they always look tasteful and elegant.

Isn't the Grimaldi family wealthier than the Belgian Royal Family? That is at least what has been published.

As much as I worship Grace, I find it sad that she borrowed many of the jewels that she looked spectacular and photographed in, like that diamond and ruby tiara and necklace she wore in the event in Versailles. She herself did not own a lot of tiaras -- she mostly had her hair exaggeratedly styled and accessorized with some jewels or flowers (and the tiaras she owned were extremely simple and humble in royal, Princess Consort standards).

But Grace was extremely beautiful and sensational anyway and always outshone everybody else, so it wasn't a real issue. Nonetheless, considering the stature and significance that she gave Monaco, she deserved much more bling-wise. On the other hand, she might have been the one to refuse a vast collection (she inherited her mother's frugality, it had been written), but still ...

Charlene might wear a piece of Grace's jewelry in her wedding for her "something borrowed" bit. Or, wishful thinking here, Caroline might give an important piece that belonged to either her grandmother or mother as a wedding gift.

Last edited:
There is a VH1 special on the Grimaldi's on YouTube that says that PR gave Charlotte C PG's engagement ring and one of her tiaras in his will. Don't know if it's true or not.

I cannot figure out why Mandela would be interested in attending this wedding, or whatever this is.

He may be invited, but as his health is not good (he´s really old now, more than 90 years), he may decide not to come because of the exertion of the long journey.
Bye Bine

Monaco's Cathedral Organ is still being restored in Belgium and will therefore not be available for the wedding.
However, it will return to Monaco soon, and the Archbishop will bless it on December the 8th, just in time for the close of the Cathedral's Centenary of its consecration.
The real shindig will be held in the spring of 2012 with a series of concerts.
http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/Accueil/...de_la_cathedrale_s_apprete_a_rentrer_a_monaco__

Do we have any confirmation on the dress code? or even a picture of the invite that would tell us what the dress code is? I'm really, really hoping for another tiara event, it's a rarity to see the Monegasque princesses all decked out and this would be a perfect opportunity!

Pr. Grace did not want any of her children to marry commoners either. Funny how that works? She was upset when Caroline did not marry Ernst August when she was in her 20s and it was PG's idea. She wanted her children to marry into station .. she ended up being a LOT like her own father in that way.

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pr. Grace did not want any of her children to marry commoners either. Funny how that works? She was upset when Caroline did not marry Ernst August when she was in her 20s and it was PG's idea. She wanted her children to marry into station .. she ended up being a LOT like her own father in that way.

Just a thought. Did Princess Grace feel she was not princess material by other royal houses and did not want the same for her children?

Charlene and jewelry. I think if Prince Albert's engagement ring is any indication of what is to come we are going to have serious bling at the wedding and future invents.

Last edited:
Monaco's Cathedral Organ is still being restored in Belgium and will therefore not be available for the wedding.
However, it will return to Monaco soon, and the Archbishop will bless it on December the 8th, just in time for the close of the Cathedral's Centenary of its consecration.
The real shindig will be held in the spring of 2012 with a series of concerts.
http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/Accueil/...de_la_cathedrale_s_apprete_a_rentrer_a_monaco__

I am rather pleased to know that the Cathedral Organ will not be available for the wedding...I think choir singing without musical accompanment is sooo lovely(if done correctly)

But maybe they will just use another organ....:whistling:

Aren't they going to have the orchestra? I thought I read that somewhere.

Oh yes KittyAtlanta...I just remembered that there WILL be an orchestra!

I guess I got all excited about a capella singing for nothing!:lol:

I dont know what the Cathedral organ has anything to do with their wedding since they aren't getting married in the cathedral...

Oh yes KittyAtlanta...I just remembered that there WILL be an orchestra!

I guess I got all excited about a capella singing for nothing!:lol:

I'm a big fan of a capella myself. But I also love a big, old, honkin' Aeolian with 300 ranks and thousands of pipes, including the big 32 footers you can't hear, but feel. Shivers just to think about it.

I am a paradox. I also like a solo harpist.

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted:
Bernarnd Spindler will provide a weekly column everyday Monday at 8:00, 12:30 and 17:30 to talk about the wedding, Prince Albert, history, functions, commitments and will discuss the course of Charlene Wittstock.

He will talk about "the new light for the Principality..."
Radio Monaco - Bernard Spindler va assurer une chronique hebdomadaire - Actualité radio - RadioActu

They are heavily promoting this wedding but the media interest is mild, politely speaking. I think it is not because of Monaco, but rather because Charlene is so uninteresting as a bride & future princess.

I agree with you Lakishma. I also think that because of the bad publicity that various royals have had for the past two decades; the interest in both royal weddings have been deminished greatly. I guess you can say that people no longer believe in the fairytale.

Last edited:
I suppose I am just the opposite. I am only mildly interested in William and Catherine's wedding because I just don't find the bride very interesting, even though she is attractive and stylish.

I am more interested in the Monaqasque wedding because for all her apparent lack of preparedness, CW comes off as a bit more mysterious than Kate Middleton and therefore more interesting...to me at least.

I am just basically fascinated with anything to do with Monaco and the Grimaldis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom