The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
At the stadium of the Monaco football team
a banner with the twins names
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...la-950x0-1.jpg

What a shame the Country isn't excited about the Twins.

That is so great!!

I also more than understand why the Doctors want them to gain a bit more weight before going home. That's just protocol for any underweight newborn, but especially for Twins, I also don't consider Twins coming two weeks early Preemies. As has been said several times in the thread, Twins rarely reach their due date and two weeks early is actually pretty good for Twins.

I know of several occasions where a baby born on or even past due, w/no complications & the Mother having a normal Pregnancy doing everything right, was underweight and had to stay until the Doctors were comfortable w/their weight. So it really isn't that strange a thing to have happened. It also gives Charlene a bit more Recovery time until she goes home too, which is a good thing IMO.

I hope they all get to go home for Christmas. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 12-19-2014, 04:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was not a fest for the birth of the babies, the banner was made by the fans of the
soccer team of Monaco and we saw the banner during the match last sunday evening.
At The contrary , the country is very excited by the birth of the babies.

Video Monaco Channel Replay Monaco Info

There was a big fest when the babies are born on december 10th as you cansee it on the videos.

another video

JT Monaco Info du jeudi 11 décembre 2014 / Videos / Monaco Info : Le Replay / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

a video about the reacts of the people of Monaco

Les Monégasques félicitent le Couple Princier / Videos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

on pure people there are photos of people of Monaco waiting for the signature of the books of congatulation

Un livre de félicitations est installé dans les petits quartiers du Palais Princiers afin que le pub...

Monaco is very excited about the births of the babies.and they are waiting the presentation of the babies next january 7th.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Courtier

I thought that it was very lovely of Charlene to give those interviews. She knows that people are anxious for news and sight of the twins. As neither she nor they are able, as yet, to appear in public, this, in my opinion, was a perfect way of letting us all know how the little ones are.

If there had been no news people might have feared that something was wrong.

Thank you, Charlene.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
It was not a fest for the birth of the babies, the banner was made by the fans of the
soccer team of Monaco and we saw the banner during the match last sunday evening.
At The contrary , the country is very excited by the birth of the babies.
s.
Tigger was making a joke, a form of sarcastic wit to emphasize that in fact monaco was very excited about the birth. she followed her remark with smiling faces too to show her meaning. It might be difficult to catch if you are not a native English speaker
Old 12-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Tigger was making a joke, a form of sarcastic wit to emphasize that in fact monaco was very excited about the birth. she followed her remark with smiling faces too to show her meaning. It might be difficult to catch if you are not a native English speaker

First off, Thank You. Second, I knew how that post would be viewed here & really didn't care. It's delightful how excited Monaco is over the Twins & I, & my Parents as well, got a good chuckle over the fans making that banner. Here's hoping they all get home for Christmas. :)

Old 12-20-2014, 01:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've been wondering, is there a particular reason why Jacques is mentioned before Gabriella in the title of this thread? I'm not trying to be nitpicking – and I might just be the only one who is bothered by it, haha – but it seems illogical to me that the youngest twin is listed before the oldest.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I've been wondering, is there a particular reason why Jacques is mentioned before Gabriella in the title of this thread? I'm not trying to be nitpicking – and I might just be the only one who is bothered by it, haha – but it seems illogical to me that the youngest twin is listed before the oldest.

I'm thinking that even though he's the younger of the two, Jacques is the Heir to the Throne, so that's why he's first in the thread title. :)

Old 12-20-2014, 05:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
i wouldn't read to much into it, in the original "guess the name/sex " etc thread Charlene & Albert's Twins - Guess the Sex, Names and Godparents
the option in the poll for mixed twins also was boy/girl (not girl/boy)

But imo because Jacques the heir in a couple of years people will sort of forget that he is officially the younger twin
Old 12-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I had asked the same before Maybe in english it also sounds better to say "It's a boy and a girl" instead of "It's a girl and a boy"? Don't know
Old 12-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Administrator

It was me who created the thread title, I'm pretty sure that if I had entitled it "It's a girl and boy" other members would have asked exactly the opposite questions The thread needed a title and got one - no more, no less. So, back to the topic of this thread!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breffney View Post
I thought that it was very lovely of Charlene to give those interviews. She knows that people are anxious for news and sight of the twins. As neither she nor they are able, as yet, to appear in public, this, in my opinion, was a perfect way of letting us all know how the little ones are.

If there had been no news people might have feared that something was wrong.

Thank you, Charlene.
I agree, it was a very gracious, generous thing to do, at a time when she may not be feeling altogether well (though elated and on Cloud 9 at the same time).
Old 12-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco matin writtes to day that the babies may leave the hospital for chrsitmas, and the family could celebrat chrsitmas in the palace, it is was prince Albert who said to day in a interview which will be published on december 24th in a special magasine about the birth of the babies.

Les jumeaux princiers de Monaco pourraient quitter la maternité pour Noël | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

the article in english

https://translate.google.fr/translat...-text=&act=url
Old 12-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Monaco matin writtes to day that the babies may leave the hospital for chrsitmas, and the family could celebrat chrsitmas in the palace, it is was prince Albert who said to day in a interview which will be published on december 24th in a special magasine about the birth of the babies.

Les jumeaux princiers de Monaco pourraient quitter la maternité pour Noël | Monaco | Monaco-Matin
I really hope that they will and Charlene, Albert and their twins have an awesome christmas at home
Old 12-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Wouldn't that just be perfect. !! I so want to see Charlene and the babies back home for Christmas.

Also, the picture which was used in the article is one of my favourite pictures of Albert & Charlene. Taken shortly after the civil wedding ceremony she just looks so happy and contented and beautiful (of course).
Old 12-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Courtier

First pics!

PREMIÈRE PHOTO DES JUMEAUX LE PRINCE JACQUES ET LA PRINCESSE GABRIELLA DE MONACO - PRINCESS MONARCHY

Getty

Beelden En Nieuwsfoto's | Getty Images

The pics are taken at the hospital, yesterday. They are expected to be home for Christmas :)
Old 12-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Courtier

Ooh beautiful first pics of the twins!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's wonderful to see photos of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. They look so adorable and tiny, I love their babygrows. I haven't been keeping up with news regarding the twins, but are they at the Palace now? It would be great if they were at home with their family for Christmas. They seemed to stay in hospital for quite a long time after their birth, so I hope they are both well.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

oh how cute!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the pics have not been officially released yet... ANyway, thye are tiny but cute! I can seen Jacques's traita are the one sof Charlene, while Gabriella has taken after daddy! I think the pis were taken at the hospital! So so cute <3

I think that both Albert and Charlene look very relaxed, happy and beaming... not stiff at all... Great! And it seems that Caroline paid a visit too!

Caroline de Monaco rencontre les jumeaux princiers avant un ballet du Bolchoï
Old 12-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Awww, so adorable. What lovely Christmas presents.