Official presentation of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella: January 7, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the babies are still so tiny :ohmy:
Charlene and Albert looks wonderful with their own little family :flowers:

Their happy smile is wonderful to behold !

is there anywhere to watch the whole thing from the start?

What a special occasion... No other royal family can match this clan in the glamour stakes, IMO. Especially nice -- apart from seeking the family so well represented and such a big crowd present -- is the detail of the proteas (South Africa's national flower) on the balcony flower arrangement. Subtle, but there. But I do miss Charlene's parents... What a pity they couldn't make it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah does that mean they haven't seen the babies at all yet. That would be sad

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I have to admit that I am completely baffled by Charlene's parents in this situation. Their only daughter, who happens to be married to a Sovereign Prince, who finally becomes pregnant and gives birth to a much anticipated heir...twins!...and yet they still have not been to see their daughter and new grandchildren one month later??:ohmy:

I can't shake the belief that there is some behind-the-scenes family drama that the public is not aware of.:sad:

Most 1st time mums want their mothers to be with them for the 1st few days even over their husbands or at least as well as their husbands. The care from your mother helps prevent post natal depression
Really hope her mother has been there for her and we just don't know about it.

Yes,I missed Charlene's parents as well! And it sure is nice if the mom can be there. My mother did that for me and it was very helpful! Well, at least her brother and sister were around. All in all a wonderful ceremony with happy faces.. So nice that most of the family rallied around them.. And to have them all on an official pic would be just the icing of the cake..;)

IMO, her parents were not there because this was a royal event.

Her parent's might have visited over Christmas and left before the presentation and will return for the christening.

But why would the fact that this was a royal/princely official event stop them from attending? Her brother Gareth was there with his wife. He was even on the balcony waving to people at one point.:cool:

I have to admit that I am completely baffled by Charlene's parents in this situation. Their only daughter, who happens to be married to a Sovereign Prince, who finally becomes pregnant and gives birth to a much anticipated heir...twins!...and yet they still have not been to see their daughter and new grandchildren one month later??:ohmy:

I can't shake the belief that there is some behind-the-scenes family drama that the public is not aware of.:sad:

I'm inclined to agree with you -- that there must be some behind-the-scenes drama. But then again, this was no ordinary pregnancy / occasion, and Princess Charlene's mother is a very private person who evidently prefers to maintain a very low profile.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I think Charlene's father and brother run their own business. They may not be able to leave whenever they want. Charlene's mom may help out also. This may be their busy time of the year. Charlene has plenty of support. PA, PC and PS are there and they have 2 nannies. Also one of her brothers and his wife.

I think the family is in the computer business. They can Skype until they can travel to Monaco or vice versa.

Last edited:
What a wonderful occasion and done up so nicely! The official presentation of the babies to the people so all could come! With music and national costumes! And then the prince holding his heir, then walking into the crowd. How great was it that charlene wore white? She really stood out int the crowd. Also, so much of the family came, even the kelly cousins from USA. Caroline seemed thrilled and wore her mothers coat I am sure, and another poster said her jewelry. Maybe the dress too, nice touch.
Check the palace website, it is so well done, just like today.
Oh, btw, the parents seem absolutely relaxed and happy.

What an absolute delight to come back after the holidays and see the pictures from this magnificent event! :flowers:

This pic is one of my favorites: Pierre Casiraghi, Camille Gottlieb et la princesse Alexandra de Hanovre - Présentation de la princes...

It's great to see 15 year old Princess Alexandra with her 16 year old cousin Camille (their birthdays are only 5 days apart) ~ they look FABULOUS ~ signifying a whole younger generation of Grimaldis. :)

Also it's great to see the older generation, along with their cousins the de Massys and Chris Levine. :heart:

And my heart was overjoyed with love to see Caroline & Stephanie having a laugh and getting along: La princesse Caroline de Hanovre, Louis Ducruet et la princesse Stéphanie de Monaco - Présentation d...

La princesse Caroline de Hanovre et la princesse Stéphanie de Monaco - Présentation de la princesse ...

But of course the stars of the day were the one-of-a-kind twins!!!! :king::queen4:

LONG LIVE JACQUES & GABRIELLA! :newyear1:

Nadine, it was the presentation of the princely babies, it was not the national fest what do you think of the small family Prince Albert , Princess Charlene , Gabriella and Jacques.?

For the parents of Charlene

Charlene said in the last interview that her parents did not see yet the babies because they had Professional obligations and family obligations. She has yet her grand mother who is in a home old persons and they have also other grandchildren. Her mother will come at the end of january in Monaco and her father will come very soon after.

She is not alone there is her brother Gareth and her sister in law who were yesterday at the presentation of the babies to the poeple of Monaco. I think that the mother of Charlene does not like the publicity we never see her , she comes in Monaco for the familial fests, she came seven months before the wedding and we never saw her during this times, we saw her only during the wedding.
They will be soon at Monaco and I think they will stay untill the christening of the babies Which will be a big familial event . Albert said that the christenings will be next spring .

There is also this video published by the german tabloid Bild de, we see the Inside of the salle des Glaces

Charlène und Albert zeigen ihre Zwillinge Jacques und Gabriella in Monaco - Royals - Bild.de

I don't know if you could see this video , but it is all the presentation of the babies with also all the family

Les jumeaux de Charlene et Albert présentés aux Monégasques : les premières images - People - MYTF1News

Hello said that Albert held Jacques in his arms and Charlene Gabriella andwhen she appeared again Albert was holding Gabriella and Charlene was holding Jacques that she kissed.

In this video we saw she put her baby on the nursery table.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful ceremony. Lovely that it was made for the people and not just for the press.
It was nice to see the whole family so happy.
The babies are still so tiny, I hope that they will grow slowly.

Great photos thank you

Seeing Charlene in that white coat in the middle of thousands of people was amazing and very brave considering what was happening in Paris. I hope she has a very happy life and Albert knows how lucky he is.

Jacques is smaller than Gabriella! It was easy to see! I wished her parents were there but never mind...

Wonderful, Wonderful!!! I know this is about the twins, but the floral swags on the balconies are lovely. They include that somewhat strange South African flower that was featured at the wedding.

Thanks for all the videos.

A brief clip of presentation of was shown on Estonian television today. This is quite a big event, because Monaco´s news are very rare in Estonia.

I loved the presentation. PG was a little bigger looking in the official pics than her brother and the baby PC was holding at the first balcony appearance looked a bit bigger than the other one so I think it was her daughter that she held first and then she and PA switched over. I also noticed that the Princess reached out to her husband a few times as they walked through the crowds which is understandable. It's easy to forget that she underwent major abdominal surgery only 4 weeks ago so will still be feeling a little unsteady and I take my hat off to her for staying in the square for as long as she did. As far as her parents go we have to remember that they have another child who lives beside them in SA so I can understand them spending Christmas with him and his family there before travelling to Monaco later this month as it's a long journey and I imagine that they will stay in Monaco until at least after the baptism.

Last edited:
Yesterday on television I learned that Princess Charlène hardly speaks French. Even on the square in front of the palais princier she said "Thank you, Thank you" to people whom addressed her in French and seems not able to say something simple as "Merci". Apparently learning the French language has no priority for the Princess. A clear difference with Princess Gracia who learned French in no time.

The presentation was lovely. The un-easiness of the Princess in public was hmmm... something which needs attention, in my humble opinion.

:flowers:

Yesterday on television I learned that Princess Charlène hardly speaks French. Even on the square in front of the palais princier she said "Thank you, Thank you" to people whom addressed her in French and seems not able to say something simple as "Merci". Apparently learning the French language has no priority for the Princess. A clear difference with Princess Gracia who learned French in no time.

The presentation was lovely. The un-easiness of the Princess in public was hmmm... something which needs attention, in my humble opinion.

:flowers:

She is, after all, still recuperating from surgery so if she seems "uneasy" it is perfectly understandable. I heard other reports saying that she also said "merci" so apparently "someone" has not heard correctly OR is reporting incorrectly.:flowers:

I saw all the ceremony , Princess charlene answered thank you in English when the people spoke to her in English and answered in french when the people spoke to her in french, in Monaco, there are a lot of résidents whose language is English , it is why Albert announced the births of the babies in french and in English, it is also why the proclamation was in french and English and on the place of the palace there were also a lot of résidents whose language is english.

During all the meeting of the people of Monaco, Charlene spoke with people of Monaco , she huged and kissed the people, she was very ease with the old people who were waiting her at the end of the meeting , we saw a lot of persons who wanted to shake her hand and Charlene huged a lot of the old persons, for them no matter , she does not speak well french, she was natural and ease with them.

At the end of this 'meeting with the people of Monaco, we saw that she was tired but she was always kind and smiling with the persons , she was just recuperating of the cesarian , which took place only 4 weeks ago. I found very nice whe went out of the palace with Albert to meet and thank the people who was on the place of the palace and this gesture of Albert and Charlene went to the heart of the people

A photo i like a lot

https://www.facebook.com/palaismona...6449344700945/957877597558113/?type=1&theater

A resume of the presentation of the babies, in it , there are 2 old persons who are moved to the tears a very moving event for them.

Présentation des Enfants Princiers à la population / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

A resume of the presentation of the babies, in it , there are 2 old persons who are moved to the tears a very moving event for them.

Présentation des Enfants Princiers à la population / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

What a lovely video and I was moved seeing those two older ladies. One experienced two generations of Grimaldis. Very special. Charlene looked wonderful but of course she would still experience some discomfort from the c-section. I give her credit for handling it as well as she did..:)

Gabriella is adorable but Jacques's face was not shown! It's strange, since he is the heir!

I always wonder--we often hear about how small Monaco is and how everyone knows each other, the rumor mills from the Grace days, etc.

Also, whenever the princely family makes a balcony appearance, it looks as if they are sometimes waving and looking out for people they intimately know. Plus, Charlene hugged so many in the square.

I wonder, think they are seeing friends when they are on the balcony? Think they actually know many of the Monegasque?

Back
Top Bottom