The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Probably most of relatives and friends have visited the babies... I think there are different entrancies...

Old 12-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Oh WOW, and there is a discussion of the BRF's lack of attendance at Fabiola's funeral .... I think this looks bad. Of course, I guess Charlotte is still involved in her equestrian event, but what of the others?

Please excuse the snide comment but are they on a yacht somewhere??

Old 12-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Commoner

I was wondering where Caroline is too.. There was a pic of Andrea who visited a few hours after the twins were born.
Thank you for the info on when Caroline's baby pics were released. I still remember her dresses too and a protective grandpa Rainier! Well, happy times are in Monaco again! For sure we will see some pics soon! If not perhaps on Christmas?
Old 12-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps she is ill??? Or abroad??? I'm sure there must me a reason.... But even her children are mssing... (Andrea especially)... very odd
Old 12-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Andrea did visit and as he lives in London that would suggest an effort was made. As to the others I don't know. They always seem perfectly cordial when they appear together so I'm not going to read too much into this.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes But Stephanie was there and she usually doesn't attend many functions... But this was an important ceremony so I would be less surprised if Steph hand't attended that Caroline! She was the the heir for many years after all
Old 12-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

the photo of the 'signatures des actes de naissances', the palace said that there were 20 persons who signed the actes , i suppose that there are the persons with princess Stéphanie who signed. perhaps princess Caroline is ill , Andréa lived in London, Charlotte is at Paris .

Palais Princier de Monaco

Photos of the cérémonies of the 'actes des naissances' mass and civil ceremony at eh 'salle du trone'

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4700945&type=1

We can see the ceremony on Monaco News which take place at each hour . 9pm; 10pm and so
Old 12-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Andrea did visit and as he lives in London that would suggest an effort was made. As to the others I don't know. They always seem perfectly cordial when they appear together so I'm not going to read too much into this.
Exactly. Somehow people think this family hates each other. Maybe they have minor conflicts like any other, but I don't see a family who is hostile . Imo.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Photos of the cérémonies of the 'actes des naissances' mass and civil ceremony at eh 'salle du trone'

Wow, impressive venue... can i ask who attended from the Wittstock family?
Old 12-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for Caroline's absence. She's probably ill – which would explain why she might not have visited Charlène and the twins yet, out of concern for the health of the little ones. I remember that Christian and Isabella were supposed to visit Mary and the Danish royal twins on the actual day they were born but since Christian had a bit of a cold, they postponed it to the next day.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lee Z, there was her brother Gareth who was sitting near Camille. He was the only member of the famille of Charlene , her parents were in Benoni when the twins are born.
Perhaps Princess Caroline was present to the funerals of Queen Fabiola and we did not see her.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The palais princier does it in great style, I must say. Much better than in some larger monarchies. My compliments for all the ceremonies surronding the birth of the Marquis des Baux and the Comtesse de Carladès.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:29 AM
Nobility

Please use English... This signing - what does that mean? Why 20 people? 😊

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-13-2014, 05:01 AM
Courtier

I don't see why the whole family has to come and visit right after the birth. It was a c-section and Charlene has to rest. Even after the natural birth I had I didn't want to see anyone until the next day, because I was to exhausted and at the same time to much in awe that I really had become a mother.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiina View Post
Please use English... This signing - what does that mean? Why 20 people? ��

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
It is the formal registration of the birth, which is obligatory. Because it is about a Prince and Princess, it was all done with formality. The same happens in some other monarchies. There are also monarchies which make no any spectacle of a birth.

An example: HRH The Prince of Orange registers his second daughter, Princess Alexia before the Lord Mayor of The Hague: http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/de_...e/63398015.jpg and for the ceremony one of the stylish 17th C salons of the Old Townhall was used.

It is just a more ceremonial, 'dressed up', form of the obligatory registration which every father has to do in most countries in Europe. A "normal father" registering a child simply does that at the public office of a townhall, just like going to a bank or so...

Old 12-13-2014, 05:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is the formal registration of the birth, which is obligatory. Because it is about a Prince and Princess, it was all done with formality. The same happens in some other monarchies.

An example: HRH The Prince of Orange registers his second daughter, Princess Ariane. The registrar is the Lord Mayor of The Hague, next to him is a clerk. The two gentlemen next to the Prince are the Vice-President of the Council of State and the Prime Minister: http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/de_...e/63398015.jpg

It is just a more ceremonial, 'dressed up', form of the obligatory registration which every father has to do in most countries in Europe.

Princess Ariane is not the second but the third daughter of the then HRH Prince of Orange. His second daughter is Princess Alexia.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Princess Ariane is not the second but the third daughter of the then HRH Prince of Orange. His second daughter is Princess Alexia.
Yes I was going to correct that, this was the registration of Alexia indeed (not that there was any difference between the three, apart from the colours of the ties....)

Again my compliments for the palais princier for the perfect ceremonies. It is wonderful and it adds to what a monarchy should sometimes show: grandeur, dignity and style.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post

Is this ceremony the equivalent of a Te Deum? Stephanie's daughters are lovely.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

The video of this ceremony.no it was not the equivalent of a Te Deum, the mass was privat in the presence of the princely family and dignitaris

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
Old 12-13-2014, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Is this ceremony the equivalent of a Te Deum? Stephanie's daughters are lovely.
In essence it is about the registration of the Marquis des Baux and the Comtesse de Carladès, but in Monaco there is no separation of Church and State like in France. So the civil act (the registration) indeed was followed with a religious act (dedication of the young princely children) in the form of a private Mass.