The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Or an access if se doesn't. Don't forgte that there is a story to be told, experiences to be shared...
Great point Paca. The story will probably be more interesting to a tabloid if it doesn't work out.
__________________

  #342  
Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
AM I reading the translation correctly, they are comparing her to Princess Margaret and Peter Townsend? The ill-fated love affair? What exactly are they implying? Peter Townsend was a divorced man and at the time, she couldn't marry him. How does that compare to Albert and Charlene? Neither has been married before unless Charlene hasn't told the world exactly everything but I got the impression she has never been married. I guess they need a Juillet to his Romeo might have been better.
__________________

  #343  
Old 07-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: blabla, Cocos Islands
Posts: 125
it looks like the german media is forcing albert's hand, to make a decision maybe?
Charlene is presented as albert's victim, and him as the eternal player. Too bad he's not the only one who treated her badly (actually bunte told us about the finacee who was cheating on her), so there were others before...
Why all this drama? She's been there, done that. She must have experience by now dealing with this kinds of men.
Let's see how albert will get out of this, perhaps a new interview stating how much he cares and respects charlene. Wouldn't that be nice of him.
  #344  
Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blablabla, France
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Now there you have Buntes turn on caros absence with car stating that Charlene will never marry ALbert (haven't read yet) so enjoy Caroline: "Charlene wird Albert nie heiraten"
Can anyone get the hands on the article from nouvel observateur that is quoted?
Quote:
Are you speaking about nouvel observateur France? I had a glance on website... only a title which could be OK... I'm going to see tomorrow... Or is it l'observateur de monaco? (don't think so)
On obs.com (fr) website I saw nothing
Or an access if se doesn't. Don't forgte that there is a story to be told, experiences to be shared...
As we have heard, his circle is not making it particularly difficult for people to integrate themselves. Besides as most of them haven't got a clue about his intentions either, they wouldn't dare to make her uncomfortable, because they wouldn't continue in his circle either because he get's miffed for not treating his girlfriend ok or she makes sure that they stay away once she get's the tiara. It's a matter of interest to be nice to anyone he tags along. They've been nice to Nicole and Tamara doesn't look particularly unhappy either as long as it lasted.
Yes... Me Lacoste was perhaps a nice guy before.... babies stories.

OK le nouvel observateur: l'intermittent du rocher!!!
  #345  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: *******, France
Posts: 1,398
Thanks lilae. Here is the link L'intermittent du Rocher
  #346  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother View Post
it looks like the german media is forcing albert's hand, to make a decision maybe?
Charlene is presented as albert's victim, and him as the eternal player. Too bad he's not the only one who treated her badly (actually bunte told us about the finacee who was cheating on her), so there were others before...
Why all this drama? She's been there, done that. She must have experience by now dealing with this kinds of men.
Let's see how albert will get out of this, perhaps a new interview stating how much he cares and respects charlene. Wouldn't that be nice of him.
This seems like the second victim article we've had in the last two days. I could be wrong but I think trying to push Albert into a decision would be the same as dragging a mule up the mountain. I doubt he is the one playing games with the media on this one. There is nothing in it for him to appear as the bad boy. I think she may have made a tactical error by doing this. Now with Caroline supposedly saying he won't marry her, and the ball next week, I wonder who will be missing in action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Thanks lilae. Here is the link L'intermittent du Rocher
Thanks for the link paca
  #347  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:12 PM
lckc571's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Metz, France
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilae View Post
OK le nouvel observateur: l'intermittent du rocher!!!
Obviously I suppose that there is no article in the new observer of caroline who announces that her brother does not want to give up his adventures it is for it who he will not marry Charlene. Remember that in a certain thread, we had predicted that July 15th was Charlene's highlight, " that her quotation would rise until July 15th " = after that comes down.. We are July 19th 2007
I have just seen the article of it, thank you Paca, Thank you Lilae
lckc571
  #348  
Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 AM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Originally, I questioned whether Charlene’s Audi ad was a real corporate ad (as opposed to a local Monaco Audi dealer’s ad) mainly because of the quality of the pictures that I saw. In this post I presented Internet ads featuring Charlene with the a press release from Audi. But, below is the entire German press release that includes the sender’s contact info as most press release do. This is definitely an Audi corporate headquarter press release. I even googled the contact and saw various pictures and other articles of her attending Audi-sponsored events. So for me it’s back to what Sandlsa opined - this all lies with Prince Albert. The top two bulleted points in the ad after the title and date is:


- Girlfriend of Prince Albert II. gets new Audi TT
- World class swimmer now driving the Coupé in Monte Carlo

Albert must at least know about this ad. Whether he arranged it, I don’t know. But I am sure someone helped Charlene because I doubt that she just walked into Audi’s office and asked to be featured in an ad. But, we do know that she is selling herself in this ad as Prince Albert of Monaco’s girlfriend and Albert seems to be ok with it. After the Audi press release on May 16th Charlene has accompanied Albert to just about every high-profile event in Monaco. I am having a difficult time understanding why this man actually believes that this ad is a good image for Monaco. As for this relationship, I don’t think anyone can quote Albert’s previous statements about marriage and privavcy (any probably many others) with any credence. Hasn’t he always said he wants to keep his private life private. Is this ad doing it?

Here’s the full press release that I found from this website.

Quote:
16.05.2007 | 15:20 Uhr
Charlène Wittstock fährt Audi TT

Ingolstadt (ots)
- Freundin von Fürst Albert II. mit Audi TT Coupé
- Weltklasseschwimmerin sicher in Monte Carlo unterwegs

Das Audi TT Coupé ist das beliebteste Auto in Deutschland. Und er ist das "2007 World Car Design of the Year". Auch im mondänen Monte Carlo steht der Audi TT hoch im Kurs. Charlène Wittstock, südafrikanische Weltklasseschwimmerin und Freundin von Fürst Albert II. von Monaco, fährt ab sofort ein brillantschwarzes TT Coupé 3.2 quattro. So macht sie nicht nur im Wasser eine gute Figur: "Jeder, der die engen Straßen und Steigungen in Monaco kennt, weiß, wie viel Spaß hier das Autofahren macht. Ich freue mich sehr auf den quattro Antrieb mit 250 PS." Dynamik pur bei Leistung und Performance. Eigenschaften, die genauso für die Olympischen Sommerspiele in Peking2008 interessant werden, wenn Charlène Wittstock im Schwimmbecken wieder um Medaillen kämpft.

Pressekontakt:Kommunikation LifestyleLarissa Braun, Tel +49 (0)841 89 54184, larissa.braun@audi.deFotos und Informationen erhalten Sie unter www.audi-mediaservices.com.Für den Zugang bis zum 20.05. benutzen Sie bitte:Benutzername: audims020, Kennwort: lvnpac8
  #349  
Old 07-20-2007, 06:39 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
I am definitely not mad at you; I just have a different opinion about how the general public sees Charlene. Charlene is sociably acceptable to the general population - white, blond, pretty, no blantly known baggage, and of childbearing age (although I wouldn't be so quick to think that she can easily have them). Just read some of the earlier TRF posts (even later ones ) and you'll see that many people don't care about the things that we have been discussing here lately about Charlene; they like her for other reasons. I've been told that some posters are staying away because of our criticism. You have to realize that Charlene has NOT received bad press. I believe that someone who makes a cover of several magazines everytime they attend a social function is a media darling. I think you should read the headlines and look at those covers again. Thus far, the tabloid media has not asked the questions we have - they really don't care. Posters on these royal message boards do not represent the general public - we tend to delve into these people lives WAY more than the average person and thus are available to more information than the avg person will ever see. Trust me, two years ago before I stumbled here, I would have thought you people were crazy - and now I am one of you.

Charlene right now sells magazines. Trust me, Bunte, Point de Vue and Gala (and a few others) would not keep putting her and Albert on their covers if they didn't sell. They are a business entity, not relationships experts as we claim to be.



I don't think Albert is everyone's favorite boyfriend. Somone of us are actually in satisfying, loving, and respectable relationships with men that cherish us and treat us like we are queens (which HSH Prince Albert can't never make us a queen ), so that's why we know the difference between a respectful loving relationship from the trash we see before us. I wholeheartedly agree that Albert should know better, but he seems to be oblivious and staisfied the way things are. I am harder on Charlene, because Albert seems to be in charge and calling the shots. Charlene seems to have placed her life at the beck and call of Albert hoping for that ultimate payoff as others had hoped before her.
Hi MyAdia,
I wasn't taking aim at you, but making fun of all of us at large, myself included. I mean we do waste a lot of time commenting on Albert, reading & participating on these threads, so for what ever reason I cannot still figure out, why we seem driven to post on these boards. However, I do not purchase the magazines mentioned above, even though they are available If i had that much interest. Nor do i know a soul who would purchase one?

I don't think the general population gives a hoot about Albert not in the U.S. anyway, or nor do any of my friends I have that reside in other countries? Charlene does not get bad press, she gets no press! And if he married her it would remain the same & the same with Albert. I think you underestimate the general public, she is of no interest to them (she is like many other wanna-bes- she is transparent). The people I am actually talking about are people that should matter to Albert. Not people who buy or read royalty tabloids or even write on these boards. I am talking about people in the political arena, or people that are interested in doing business with Monaco. Is this a guy they could take serious. She certainly is not a draw for tourism to Monaco or would ever be? Like I said, it would be like seating a bimbo next to Bill Clinton right after the Monico affair? I don't understand why he would risk his reputation & why he wouldn't want to appear to be a man & keep his private life private. What ever attention he garnishes is bad attention by dragging these women out in public. Only a schoolboy would think dragging his girlfriend in public would be fun or appropriate. He should be embarrassed that he is giving fodder to those royal magazines. Seriously, how important to Monaco are those people that read those tabloids? Maybe I live in a different world, but i am in the Entertainment Industry even & Charlene is would never be anything here but a joke & Albert for dating & promoting her. I just do not see how she is good in anyway for his reputation. We have a lot of white, blond, pretty child bearing age here in L.A., some not very suitable even for Hollywood standards, but they come from rich families where the can sustain there own public image they choose to show, but it doesn't keep people from applauding when thee end up in jail. I just think she is a non story, why parade around with her and take away an image that he might actually be a man. JMO
  #350  
Old 07-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Hi MyAdia,
I wasn't taking aim at you, but making fun of all of us at large, myself included. I mean we do waste a lot of time commenting on Albert, reading & participating on these threads, so for what ever reason I cannot still figure out, why we seem driven to post on these boards. However, I do not purchase the magazines mentioned above, even though they are available If i had that much interest. Nor do i know a soul who would purchase one?

I don't think the general population gives a hoot about Albert not in the U.S. anyway, or nor do any of my friends I have that reside in other countries? Charlene does not get bad press, she gets no press! And if he married her it would remain the same & the same with Albert. I think you underestimate the general public, she is of no interest to them (she is like many other wanna-bes- she is transparent). The people I am actually talking about are people that should matter to Albert. Not people who buy or read royalty tabloids or even write on these boards. I am talking about people in the political arena, or people that are interested in doing business with Monaco. Is this a guy they could take serious. She certainly is not a draw for tourism to Monaco or would ever be? Like I said, it would be like seating a bimbo next to Bill Clinton right after the Monico affair? I don't understand why he would risk his reputation & why he wouldn't want to appear to be a man & keep his private life private. What ever attention he garnishes is bad attention by dragging these women out in public. Only a schoolboy would think dragging his girlfriend in public would be fun or appropriate. He should be embarrassed that he is giving fodder to those royal magazines. Seriously, how important to Monaco are those people that read those tabloids? Maybe I live in a different world, but i am in the Entertainment Industry even & Charlene is would never be anything here but a joke & Albert for dating & promoting her. I just do not see how she is good in anyway for his reputation. We have a lot of white, blond, pretty child bearing age here in L.A., some not very suitable even for Hollywood standards, but they come from rich families where the can sustain there own public image they choose to show, but it doesn't keep people from applauding when thee end up in jail. I just think she is a non story, why parade around with her and take away an image that he might actually be a man. JMO
Exactly, He's not making any of the serious business magazines because he is too busy trying to be a celebrity instead of a statesmen and parading the current girlfriend around is not helping. I enjoy Monaco when I visit although I tend to stay elsewhere and "visit" for the day or for certain events. But I also admired Grace which is why I post on this board. It makes me sad to see what has become of Monaco in the two years since Albert took over. It is my sincere hope that the girlfriend goes away in one form or another and Albert starts to take his job seriously so that we can discuss Monaco other than what goes on in the tabloids.
  #351  
Old 07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAdia View Post
I am definitely not mad at you; I just have a different opinion about how the general public sees Charlene. Charlene is sociably acceptable to the general population - white, blond, pretty, no blantly known baggage, and of childbearing age (although I wouldn't be so quick to think that she can easily have them). Just read some of the earlier TRF posts (even later ones ) and you'll see that many people don't care about the things that we have been discussing here lately about Charlene; they like her for other reasons. I've been told that some posters are staying away because of our criticism. You have to realize that Charlene has NOT received bad press. I believe that someone who makes a cover of several magazines everytime they attend a social function is a media darling. I think you should read the headlines and look at those covers again. Thus far, the tabloid media has not asked the questions we have - they really don't care. Posters on these royal message boards do not represent the general public - we tend to delve into these people lives WAY more than the average person and thus are available to more information than the avg person will ever see. Trust me, two years ago before I stumbled here, I would have thought you people were crazy - and now I am one of you.

Charlene right now sells magazines. Trust me, Bunte, Point de Vue and Gala (and a few others) would not keep putting her and Albert on their covers if they didn't sell. They are a business entity, not relationships experts as we claim to be.



I don't think Albert is everyone's favorite boyfriend. Somone of us are actually in satisfying, loving, and respectable relationships with men that cherish us and treat us like we are queens (which HSH Prince Albert can't never make us a queen ), so that's why we know the difference between a respectful loving relationship from the trash we see before us. I wholeheartedly agree that Albert should know better, but he seems to be oblivious and staisfied the way things are. I am harder on Charlene, because Albert seems to be in charge and calling the shots. Charlene seems to have placed her life at the beck and call of Albert hoping for that ultimate payoff as others had hoped before her.
Hi MyAdia,

Ok, I duplicated my post when my neighbor knocked on my door, I'm sorry I didn't know I had sent it, so the first paragraph may be a duplicate & the post is just my rant & not dirrected at you. I thought this was the best wat to remedy the altered post.

Oh I agree, I don't feel sorry for Charlene! But Albert has more to lose, as Charlene cares nothing about her reputation, she is going for a PRINCESS TITLE, at any cost to either one of them (she should be careful for what she wishes for). But Charlene is there at the invitation of Albert, which makes me think he cares nothing of his reputation?

Just as you & paca mentioned, trying to promote an obvious commercial image, this alone should keep her from ever being a contender for what we expect her goal to be? Very bad taste, you would think that would be the last thing he would want for either of them?

I do not feel sorry for women who conjure up fantasies in their head about what their relationship is. The last media qip by her, if it is to be believed, mentions she does not know where she stands in the relationship? This proves what a child she is. It's her relationship, she should know what the relationship is, if she is any kind of a woman.

I do not feel sorry for women who believe just because they set their sights on a man, that they can will a relationship or marraige, especially when the woman is only superficially interested in the man anyway. They are only interested in what they can imagine as a lifestyle - They do not care if the man has, or reciprocates any feelings for them, because they have no real feelings for the man. Then, they make out they are victims?? Because it did not turn out like they hoped or imagined in their own silly minds. Grow up! and stop trying to manipulate yourself into a relationship that does not exist.

This is the very reason Albert needs to keep his relationships private, you do not know how serious the relationship is, until you go through the process & doing it in public does not do anyone any favors? I certainly do not think Albert owes Charlene anything, she seems happy to flaunt the relationship in the public from the beginning when it was not wise for her to do so, (Yacht girl?) And Albert also risk looking like a cad? , I seriously doubt he was making her promises at that time. That should have shown Charlene why she might have wanted to keep their relationship private. Just because Charlene wants an exclusive relationship, doesn't mean Albert promised it, from what one hears, that is rather doubtful?

Anyway, my rant was not directed at you! MyAdia. I was just going with the flow! Sorry for the much too lengthy post! Even worse I didn't realize I had posted this before correcting.
  #352  
Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
...But I also admired Grace which is why I post on this board.
Actually, I think that is why most of us do!

I had to ask myself why I had an interest here and the reason was Grace, not just the glam actress, but what Grace as a person brought to Monaco!
  #353  
Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,020
my 2 cents

i think charlene shows versatility.

swimmer, model, she is flexible and she does bring her own unique gifts to the table. right? yes, i know sometimes i like her sometimes not.

i had a chance to think about it (not that anything i think matters anyway), but since i looked at the articles i like that she seems tough minded and she needs to be if she's in the limelight in any way along side PA. i mean, i know that sometimes we (including me) can get too harsh, but who does it reflect? He likes her well enough for her to be there and accompany him so what does it matter.

charlene is entitled to lifes happiness like anyone else. princess or not. i've not been so nice in my comments before, but i'm starting to like her. imo, she deserves a chance.

and if she gets to the required meets (i hope she does), I hope she is able to swim her best to make the SA olympic team (she would need at least that kind of moral support as an athlete, i think regardless anything else). being a competitive swimmer has been a large part of her life, even though her olympics was a while ago, she still went. that is huge for anyone.

Albert is in a real position to assist her and support her in a transition or at least this piece of transition in her career from swimming (princess or not). i think it's great. he should. i hope it works.

she is uniquely charlene and no one else. if albert marries her, that is who he wants and then i wish both of them happiness.

JMO
  #354  
Old 07-21-2007, 12:20 PM
MyAdia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I don't think the general population gives a hoot about Albert not in the U.S. anyway, or nor do any of my friends I have that reside in other countries? Charlene does not get bad press, she gets no press! And if he married her it would remain the same & the same with Albert. I think you underestimate the general public, she is of no interest to them (she is like many other wanna-bes- she is transparent).
I agree, thus far the U.S. media has shown no interest in this love story as the European tabloid/royalty media has. I had the opportunity to hear Queen Rania speak this past spring when she came to the U.S. She was absolutely mesmerizng and spectacular! Posters who tend to heavily focus on her attire have truly done her an injustice. People from various backgrounds, many influential, came to hear her speak and were equally moved. Her speech was inspiring, personal, and funny. She spoke amazingly without reading from a paper. She answered questions afterward and it was evident that knew that she knew what she was talking about. Afterward, I attended a dinner where we continued discussing her speech. She is proof that when you have lofty goals that you want to achieve, as Albert stated in his investiture speech, having the "right" spouse is a valuable asset.
Quote:
The people I am actually talking about are people that should matter to Albert. Not people who buy or read royalty tabloids or even write on these boards. I am talking about people in the political arena, or people that are interested in doing business with Monaco. Is this a guy they could take serious. She certainly is not a draw for tourism to Monaco or would ever be?
Do people take him seriously? I don’t know. I would assume those who want to do business in Monaco do. Albert has attended and actively participated in various types of conferences, including sports, business, financial, and social. But, does anyone know how influential he is – he is known but do people care what he has to say? A small indication might be at the press conference where Albert presents his new foundation and its missions and goals 9right after the pictures appeared of their New Years ski trip), but instead the media bombarded him with questions about Charlene and those were the statements that were mostly published by the press. I on this board and on the former RB, tried to present all of his duties, including his speeches. I get perturbed when people easily dismiss his duties or rather discuss them in terms of Charlene. But, I realize now that Albert’s words and his actions are a contradiction. So, it is rather difficult to place credence in his words.
Quote:
Only a schoolboy would think dragging his girlfriend in public would be fun or appropriate. He should be embarrassed that he is giving fodder to those royal magazines. Seriously, how important to Monaco are those people that read those tabloids? Maybe I live in a different world, but i am in the Entertainment Industry even & Charlene is would never be anything here but a joke & Albert for dating & promoting her.

Well, some of the European tabloids would disagree with you; they are quite taken by the image of Charlene. Bunte’s latest article on Charlene & Albert is truly different than any article that I've read from them about this couple. Their tone is really one of indignation that Albert hasn’t announced an engagement to Charlene yet. In the article, it states what is Charlene’s parents going to think when they hear Albert’s statements in the Paris Match interview that he hasn’t any plans to marry their daughter yet – will they think that Albert is playing games with their daughter since his actions seems to portray that he is presenting and preparing Charlene as his future Princess? Bunte is under the impression that Albert’s recent statement is a ruse to keep the press away and protect Charlene (clearly they haven’t seen her Audi ad or Park Avenue fashion shoot - but, I’m sure they have). In my opinion, Albert will always say he has no plans to marry yet until he announces an engagement. Who in the world expects him to announce such a thing beforehand. But, his recent statements are much less harsher to Charlene and more considerate than his marriage statements last summer. However, you are correct that the more serious European publications haven’t written about this so called “love couple.”
Quote:
I just do not see how she is good in anyway for his reputation...I just think she is a non story, why parade around with her and take away an image that he might actually be a man. JMO

As I remove the rose colored-glasses that I have about Albert’s spoken words (especially his investiture speech where he wants Monaco to represent a model society and he quotes the likes of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King) and I view his reputation by his actions, then honestly, Charlene is in line with his reputation. I will quote what a former RBer , Emmanuel, eloquently wrote about Albert. Unfortunately unlike Emmanuel, I am still interested in the ending of this saga. I am still hoping that Albert’s actions will truly match his words. But, I need to take a break and complete a project. I know some are wondering what’s going to happen at the Red Cross gala, but does it really matter? Can you really tell what’s going on in their lives by viewing what they put on display for the public? Everyone will read what he or she wants into the pictures to match their already formed beliefs.
Quote:
The gentle lady in question is not at all the issue; the lifestyle in the background that he has selected her to distract attention from is what matters. By choosing such behavior, Prince Albert has made himself irrelevant. The dissonance between his personal choices and his stated aim to provide moral leadership to the world can not, will not be ignored. Only the man himself will be ignored by right-thinking people. He has put himself in a light where he will be tolerated in the circles that matter, frankly, only because his birth gave him access to wealth; but he will not be held in any high esteem as an individual now or ever, and no one will pay attention to his words. His choices and actions make it obvious his words about ethics and noble aspirations are just for show and are not backed up by any personal striving towards greatness. People will simply line up for him to hand over the cash to the causes, which is all his affliction leaves him capable of doing.

Prince Albert has shown by his choices that he is not worth my interest or time.

This is my last post and last visit to this or any forum to read anything about this man.
  #355  
Old 07-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Posts: 7,672
Let's stay on topic please. As we've said before, ANY off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Thanks

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators
__________________
"Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed." - Corita Kent
Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

  #356  
Old 07-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,032
Quote:
Prince Albert has shown by his choices that he is not worth my interest or time.

This is my last post and last visit to this or any forum to read anything about this man.
i have to agree and i know that im not anyone special but its like they are stuck in stupid and until this matter is settle one way or the other im done.
i would rather read about smart people who do interesting things(imo) than this whole mess
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #357  
Old 07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
i have to agree and i know that im not anyone special but its like they are stuck in stupid and until this matter is settle one way or the other im done.
i would rather read about smart people who do interesting things(imo) than this whole mess
I think a lot of us have long reached this point, there are far more interesting people out there in the world. I feel silly that I have already invested way too much time & interest to this subject. But, I think since Albert took over as the new Monarch, we were all curious how he would handle it. I am interested to see who attends the Red Cross Ball & then I will bow out. Before Curiosity Kills the Cat.

MyAdia,
I liked the last quote in your post, you are the research Queen! Actually I liked your whole post, but in my post you will notice I said in my world, the entertainment Industry here. (those magazines are in the business to sell those magazines) Also, I was asking, will the people that do business in Monaco continue to do business in Monaco? If Monaco losses its allure & Albert loses his respect. Although, I think people may be able to separate Albert's business sense from what seems to be his emotional immaturity. But a lot of people like to do business with people & places they respect, which reflects on their own business. Monaco, is not the only game in town with the same private banking/tax benifits. Only time will tell if Monaco can continue with it's economic history & Albert might keep that respect for Monaco that his father provided. I guess people will find out just what this couple can do for Monaco, if they decide to take it to a more serious level?

(Thanks for the photo's you have provided on the other threads, loved the larger pictures of Henry & Albert smiling)
  #358  
Old 07-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: around the corner, United States
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare View Post
i have to agree and i know that im not anyone special but its like they are stuck in stupid and until this matter is settle one way or the other im done.
i would rather read about smart people who do interesting things(imo) than this whole mess
You are right! With Monaco and PA it is the same story over and over again. I am becoming tired/bored with them (PA&Charlene) and there party here, pary there. To much talking, no substance....
I have been in Monaco dozen of times and have seen everything that has to be seen there. I can easily live with out going there again or following PA's circus.
Anyway, as Sansla had said I am curious to see the next ball pictures too. After that who knows......
  #359  
Old 07-22-2007, 08:06 AM
lckc571's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Metz, France
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal pauper View Post
You are right! With Monaco and PA it is the same story over and over again. I am becoming tired/bored with them (PA&Charlene) and there party here, pary there. To much talking, no substance....
I have been in Monaco dozen of times and have seen everything that has to be seen there. I can easily live with out going there again or following PA's circus.
Anyway, as Sansla had said I am curious to see the next ball pictures too. After that who knows......
Worse, than it!!!! The telegram wrote an article: " the prince takes regularly the powder of escampette because he misses farm on his rock. "And" Even princess Carooline worries about the kid brother who granted to go out, from time to time for the photographers, the beautiful South African Charlène to the stature of Goldorak "
Le Télégramme - Commentaires - La Lettre de Roxane. A chacun ses « affaires »
lckc571
  #360  
Old 07-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,073
I, too, am quite "over" this relationship and any discussion thereof. If he's so shallow and unable to see what type of woman he really needs ... well, then, he deserves someone like Charlene. Good luck to them both -- they will both need it!

An unfair comment? Sorry, folks, but I don't think so. He knows who he is ... he's NOT a normal guy that has the luxury of just going around town within whomever he pleases. He's an almost 50-year-old man who inherited one of throne of one of Europe's oldest monarchies. He's not running the neighborhood saloon!

I will do my best to not post to this thread as long as this "relationship" continues and/or comes to a natural conclusion.

The end!
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007 Zonk Current Events Archive 192 09-16-2007 11:28 PM
What do you think of Charlene? Zonk Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 415 07-15-2007 01:57 PM
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 946 01-29-2007 09:55 PM
Charlene Wittstock Current Events 7 : Nov.2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-11-2007 07:35 PM
A Wife for Albert part III Lyonnaise Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 272 06-25-2006 08:38 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall daytime fashion dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria 39th birthday princess victoria hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises