Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have those incoming state visits from the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium been officially announced yet ? When are they supposed to take place ?
To my knowledge there is only one royal-royal SV announced: Belgian -> Netherlands.
Spain does only do very few State Visits apart from Latin American countries, same for Belgium minus the Latin America. So I think that incoming royal SVs to Sweden will take place a couple of years apart.
Isn't the Oriental Circlet a Crown jewel owned by the State rather than an item from Queen Elizabeth's personal collection ? If so, I think it is less likely the Queen will wear it overseas, but I may be wrong, as she wore it precisely in Malta before.
The Oriental Circlet is owned by the crown, but the Queen Mother has worn it abroad and Queen Elizabeth II has only worn it once so far: in Malta. So she wouldn't mind taking it abroad, but it seems not to be a favourite.
I think Camilla will go big this time as well.. Probably her usual tiara but a big necklace! Maybe the ruby Saudi necklace... or another big loan?

The Queen will probably go with her basics, but she DID wear the Sapphires at the China state visit this year so she might be feeling like playing around a bit. I would not turn down another appearance of the Oriental.
I don't think that Camilla will wear the ruby bib necklace in Malta. Because it's a Commonwealth meeting I'd rather expect a something with a royal background, be it a loan from the Queen or something from Queen Mum.

I don't think that Camilla will wear the ruby bib necklace in Malta. Because it's a Commonwealth meeting I'd rather expect a something with a royal background, be it a loan from the Queen or something from Queen Mum.

Oh, very true. I was only thinking size! Hmm.. I'm wondering.. have the Dehli dulbar necklace been worn by lower ranking royals ever? The one with the drops? That could be a big loan maybe.

Have those incoming state visits from the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium been officially announced yet ? When are they supposed to take place ?

No they haven't been announced and it will probably be some years between all of them. But I still hope we see the first visit soon.

Haha, guess I got the necklace right but on the wrong person. The queen is in the Dehli durbar necklace and Vladimir tiara with emerald.Looks like Camilla is in her usual tiara and I can't see the necklace yet.

:previous: Not a bad guess on the necklace! :lol: And I guess that everybody got the honeycomb tiara right. ;)

From the first pics the Duchess' necklace looks like one of her pearl chokers, but better pics are needed to be sure.

:previous: Not a bad guess on the necklace! :lol: And I guess that everybody got the honeycomb tiara right. ;)

From the first pics the Duchess' necklace looks like one of her pearl chokers, but better pics are needed to be sure.
Yeah, I think it looks like one of those as well! I actually expected more from her on this event. Guess she spoiled us the last time :p

After even me guess the Honeycomb tiara (which I'm still a bit irrelevant) imagine others:lol: . However nice the choice of the Queen to wear the Vladimir tiara.

To my knowledge there is only one royal-royal SV announced: Belgian -> Netherlands.
Spain does only do very few State Visits apart from Latin American countries, same for Belgium minus the Latin America. So I think that incoming royal SVs to Sweden will take place a couple of years apart.

I read somewhere that there will be also a belgian State Visit to Japan next year. And according to a spanish Newspaper there will be State Visits to Japan, Morocco and the Uk soon. But nothing official.

I read somewhere that there will be also a belgian State Visit to Japan next year. And according to a spanish Newspaper there will be State Visits to Japan, Morocco and the Uk soon. But nothing official.
That would be welcome, if true!:D Japan and UK would be BIG tiara alerts. But if true, it would also mean that a visit to Sweden is not on the top of the list. So that's bad news for the Braganza.

That would be welcome, if true!:D Japan and UK would be BIG tiara alerts. But if true, it would also mean that a visit to Sweden is not on the top of the list. So that's bad news for the Braganza.
The Empress doesn't wear tiaras anymore, does she? And does she even travel anymore. Wasn't it a huge deal when she went to Fabiolas funeral? And if they go to the uk, how many of the princesses do they take with them? :p Might actually be rather sparse in tiaras and jewels. If it was one with the Uk going to Japan it might be another thing since there would be a bunch of princesses involved. But I don't see the Queen doing that long of a travel.

I understood from Stefan that it will be visits from Belgium to Japan and Belgium to the UK. So in Japan we'd see some of the other princesses (maybe even CP Masako?). And if they really go to the UK soon there might be a tv broadcast again that shows glimpses of the royals and other ladies at court with their jewels. Apart from the two Queens, of course, and the second lady at the head table (might be Camilla again). Maybe the Duches of Cambridge will attend again?

But so far there is no secure source for these visits, so we should take that with a grain of salt.

Lets hope she continues with her tradition of wearing the Braganza tiara for State Visits from other monarchies. For the State Visits from Luxembiurg and Jordan a few years ago she din't so. But wouldn't it be a sight to see the Braganza and the Stuart tiaras next to each other.

That's probably because she wore the Braganza for Luxembourg in the 1990s. Not sure why she didn't for Jordan.

She's also getting older, so she may not want to wear such a heavy tiara very often.

I understood from Stefan that it will be visits from Belgium to Japan and Belgium to the UK. So in Japan we'd see some of the other princesses (maybe even CP Masako?). And if they really go to the UK soon there might be a tv broadcast again that shows glimpses of the royals and other ladies at court with their jewels. Apart from the two Queens, of course, and the second lady at the head table (might be Camilla again). Maybe the Duches of Cambridge will attend again?

But so far there is no secure source for these visits, so we should take that with a grain of salt.
Aaaaah, that makes way more sense than either QEII or the Empress travelling!!

I thought he meant that there would be a State Visit from Belgium to Japan and then from Spain to Japan, Morocco and the UK.

Morocco makes sense as it is a neighbor to Spain and a partner in the fight against terrorism and illegal immigration. I also find the information about a Spanish state visit to the UK credible as the UK government and the Windsors seem to be interested in improving relations between the two countries after tensions over Gibraltar (remember that King Juan Carlos did not attend Queen Eizabeth's diamond jubilee lunch !).

Personally, I'd like to see a state visit from Belgium to the UK so that King Philippe could be made a stranger knight of the Garter (no King of the Belgians has received that honor since King Baudouin), but I don't think it is going to happen. As Queen Elizabeth recently said, state visits are "very political these days" and I don't think Belgium is a high priority country for the UK government.

Last edited:
That's probably because she wore the Braganza for Luxembourg in the 1990s. Not sure why she didn't for Jordan.

She's also getting older, so she may not want to wear such a heavy tiara very often.

Silvia did wear the Pronger, the "smallest" of her three "Big guns" so she still went for it. Since Rania wore a fairly small tiara maybe Silvia didn't want to outshine her to much?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

They haven't yet been confirmed by Buckingham Palace and the other royal household

I understood from Stefan that it will be visits from Belgium to Japan and Belgium to the UK. So in Japan we'd see some of the other princesses (maybe even CP Masako?). And if they really go to the UK soon there might be a tv broadcast again that shows glimpses of the royals and other ladies at court with their jewels.

A belgian State Visit to Japan was reported by royalblog.nl which is usually a reliable source. And spanish Newspapers have reported about upcoming spanish State Visit to the UK (i think also biritish Nespapers have speclated about this), Morocco and Japan.
I have my doubts about a spanish State Visit to Japan because King JC and Queen Sofia made a State Visit to Japan in 2008.

Last edited:
Might Letizia wear the fleur-de-lys at their state visit to the UK next spring?

The British government has confirmed the SV from Spain on March 8-10.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...pain-march-8-10-2016-a-39744.html#post1844342

So we'll have at least two royal-royal state visits next year. :D I hope that Queen Letizia will wear one of the bigger tiaras, either the fleur-de-lys, the Cartier loop tiara or the Cartier tiara of Queen Ena. The latter two are maybe still be owned by the JC or Sofia, but I believe that they are available for Letizia now.

Just one more week to the Nobel Awards! I'm really curious this year. Last year Victoria, Madeleine and Christina all repeated the same tiara on the second day, so I fear to see the same thing happening again. I believe that Madeleine and Sofia will wear their own tiaras on both days and that Princess Christina will wear the six-buttons on both days. For Victoria I hope for the laurel tiara and maybe one of the cut-steels on the second night. And the Queen maybe the nine-prongs and the Connaught.

The Fleur-de-Lys is the signature tiara for the queens of Spain, but I'm afraid it is too big for someone like Letizia. In fact, any big gun tiara might be too big for her frame. Quite a dilemma really.

A belgian State Visit to Japan was reported by royalblog.nl which is usually a reliable source. And spanish Newspapers have reported about upcoming spanish State Visit to the UK (i think also biritish Nespapers have speclated about this), Morocco and Japan.
I have my doubts about a spanish State Visit to Japan because King JC and Queen Sofia made a State Visit to Japan in 2008.

King Felipe and Queen Letizia had planned an official visit to Japan in 2013, corresponding to the visit of Prince Naruhito. Health problems of Juan Carlos and the abdication not allowed that trip... so State or Official Visit, I think they will visit Japan in 2016.

The British government has confirmed the SV from Spain on March 8-10.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...pain-march-8-10-2016-a-39744.html#post1844342

So we'll have at least two royal-royal state visits next year. :D I hope that Queen Letizia will wear one of the bigger tiaras, either the fleur-de-lys, the Cartier loop tiara or the Cartier tiara of Queen Ena. The latter two are maybe still be owned by the JC or Sofia, but I believe that they are available for Letizia now.

If i would be her i would choose the loop diamond and pearl tiara. it was only worn 2 or 3 times by Qzueen Sofia and is therefore not so asscoaited with her then the 2 others. And i looks light it is quiet light.

I think that would be nice in combination with her Fleur-de-lys brooch. I am personally hoping for the Cartier Pearl & Diamond Tiara.

The Fleur-de-Lys is the signature tiara for the queens of Spain, but I'm afraid it is too big for someone like Letizia. In fact, any big gun tiara might be too big for her frame. Quite a dilemma really.

Queen Ena wore nthe tiara in a more closed form more as a crown then it was worn by Queen Sofia. So if it can still be worn like this it would better fit to Letizia.

Queen Ena's Cartier tiara is the smallest of the big guns and I think it would look good on the Queen. Luckily she had very good tiara hair for her last few tiara occasions. And as we all know, good hair helps a lot in making a tiara work. Anyway, it could also be that she'll want to wear her own new tiara again, though I hope not.

Queen Ena's Cartier tiara is the smallest of the big guns and I think it would look good on the Queen. Luckily she had very good tiara hair for her last few tiara occasions. And as we all know, good hair helps a lot in making a tiara work. Anyway, it could also be that she'll want to wear her own new tiara again, though I hope not.

Her wedding gift tiara is actually what best suits Letizia's frame IMHO. However, it is too modest for a State Banquet offered by the British monarch to the King and Queen of Spain. The Spanish monarchy may have been (understandbly) slimmed down since the post-Franco restoration, but, following the fall of the French, Russian, Austrian and German monarchies, Britain and Spain are the only two major monarchies with an imperial past left in Europe (Belgium and the Netherlands also have a more modest imperial past of their own, but they are much younger monarchies and much smaller countries in comparison). Besides, D. Felipe is the head of one of the most senior branches of the Bourbon dynasty (one of the oldest and most illustrious families in Europe) and a descendant of Hugh Capet and, through him, of Emperor Charlemagne himself. A Spaniish state visit to the UK is a big deal then and the Queen of Spain is expected to acknowledge that. Letizia is known for her informal choices in attire, but I believe she understands the significance of the event and, in any case, I'm sure Queen Sofia will be more than willing to point that out toi her.

Last edited:
The royal reception for the Diplomatic Corps will be held at Buckingham Palace on December 8th. I wonder what tiara's will we see appear on the senior royal ladies?

Wearing the Fleur de Lys Tiara would be kind of from 0 to 100, so my bet goes to the Shell Tiara or the Pearl Tiara. I personally have a hard time imagining the Fleur de Lys Tiara or the Loop Tiara being worn, they are almost as big as Letizia's head.
The Floral Tiara and the Prussian Tiara are too much associated with the Princess days and the Princess Tiara is simply not worthy of such an event.

Did Queen Sofia wear any of the joyas de pasar outside of Spain?
If so, it would be great to see some of them during the upcoming state visit.

The royal reception for the Diplomatic Corps will be held at Buckingham Palace on December 8th. I wonder what tiara's will we see appear on the senior royal ladies?
Maybe it's more of a question which royal lady will be photographed by the paps? :whistling: There never are pics of the Queen, because she already is at BP. Sometimes there are some shots of the royals in the car, so let's hope that this will be the case again this year.

My guess, Camilla - the Cubitt/Shand tiara, Kate - the flotus flower tiara. And do we know if Sophie, the Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra ever attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom