Swedish Jewels: Suggested Changes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some ideas:
1.I think they should remove the buttons off their frames and attach them directly to their hair kinda of like what Empress Sisi did with her stars
http://www.coolcapitals.com/media/uploads/content_image_cropped/4d280b893247982ccbd6710d98c93faa.jpg

2. They could create a parure from the topazes by either removing the pendants off the necklace and placing them (with the point at the bottom) on a frame with its base covered with a row of diamonds in between two rows of pearls...and in order to fill the gaps between the pendants on the frame they could place pear shaped pearls In between them and on the edges or they could wear the necklace without the pendants as a bandeau on their head and attach the pendants on a 2row pearl necklace 2 on the inner row and one on the outer and if they want they could use the smaller brooch to make a bracelet by adding rows of pearls and diamonds on the sides

3. The emerald belt is very big so they could create a pair of earrings using the already removed two elements....now if they split the remaining belt in 2 they could use half to create a tiara/bandeau and they could put the big round element in the middle and to make it look bigger they can add a row of diamonds on the base and at the top, they can suspend the other big round element of the belt from the big diamond rivière of the Brazilian parure to create a necklace, and use the other half of the split belt to create 2 bracelets or a bracelet and a ring and a few hair pins and the existing brooches can continue to serve their current function

4 the sapphires of the Leuchtenburg tiara are detachable so they could remove two and add them to the top of the large pear shaped pearl earrings to create pearl and sapphire earrings suitable for day wear or to be worn with the necklace of the processional jewels or even with the rest of the parure if they'll be able to cover the missing elements on the edges of the tiara with hair

6 to give the cameo tiara a little sparkle they could add very small (tiny) diamonds in the spaces between the pearls

7 the ruby tiara: those heart like things are very tall and look a little stupid since there's only 3 so they could remove the side brackets and the top diamond from the heart like elements or create another two to even it out or remove them completely. That way they'll have a small but decent looking ruby tiara and they could use the 3 removed elements to create other ruby jewels like earings using the top and middle part of 2 of them (the outer pointy part and the ruby in the middle) and could use the third as a pendant...they already have a brooch and voila a parure or they could do some thing like this person did...i think it looks rather good
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/2f/a3/ce/2fa3ce1536949068ec360b9e9d8b849b.jpg

8 the Connaught diamond tiara: replace the diamond pendants with pearls or emeralds or rubies or amethysts or topazes another way of creating tiaras for the other Demi parurs

9 the amethysts tiara is rather flat so instead of mounting it on a Frame they should kind of wrap around their heads a bit like a band/sash so it takes the shape of the head without leaving gaps

Last edited:
I'm sure that they will never make such a complex change to the ruby tiara. But I really like the photoshopped picture. Great idea!

I'm sure that they will never make such a complex change to the ruby tiara. But I really like the photoshopped picture. Great idea!
They might actually.... Because then it wouldn't look as much as it did and not evoke as much connection to the "scandal".

Also, I love the idea of interchangeable drops in the Connaught tiara.

They might actually.... Because then it wouldn't look as much as it did and not evoke as much connection to the "scandal".

Also, I love the idea of interchangeable drops in the Connaught tiara.
I'm not convinced. It is still recognizable; the press will take the breaking up of an historic jewel as a pretext to warm up the old “scandal”. And the Queen seems to be unwilling to make such substantial changes to the heirloom jewels.

I'm not convinced. It is still recognizable; the press will take the breaking up of an historic jewel as a pretext to warm up the old “scandal”. And the Queen seems to be unwilling to make such substantial changes to the heirloom jewels.
Yeah, I know.... But maybe down the line?

Now that it appears that the Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara is back in use by ladies of the "main line" of the SRF, I think Victoria should buy a nice diamond and aquamarine necklace and earrings. There are plenty of art deco ones around, and I think the married parure would be a valuable addition to the Swedish jewel box.

I cannot believe the Queen of Sweden gave her Modern Fringe Tiara to Madeleine. Another beautiful tiara "lost" to the SRF. Worse (if that were possible) where om earth is Madeleine going to wear It? Carpooling or shopping at the supermarket or is it going to languish in a home safe or Bank safety deposit vault?

I cannot believe the Queen of Sweden gave her Modern Fringe Tiara to Madeleine. Another beautiful tiara "lost" to the SRF. Worse (if that were possible) where om earth is Madeleine going to wear It? Carpooling or shopping at the supermarket or is it going to languish in a home safe or Bank safety deposit vault?

Madeleine will for suire still attend tiara Events home in Sweden. There she can wear the tiara.

I think it never is a part of SRF's foundation and it's Silvia's personal property as only Silvia and her daughters have worn it (I don't think the king's sisters have ever worn it?). While I agree it's a pity that we probably wouldn't see this beautiful piece that frequently in far future, I think it's reasonable for Silvia passing her own tiara to Madeleine especially under the situation that her another daughter will have a full access to vault and the son/daughter-in-law already got a new tiara. Fair decision I think.

Madeleine will for suire still attend tiara Events home in Sweden. There she can wear the tiara.

If nothing else, she’ll still come home for family events, and the SRF wears tiaras to an awful lot of family events. Just think of all the times we’ve seen Birgitte in a tiara since she turned all her attention to golf and tanning.

The tiara was a gift to Queen Silvia from the King. When Madeleine was gifted the tiara she was going to return to Sweden when it was time for the children to go to school. However, I believe Chris was too old and independent to be comfortable deferring to Royalty and as the youngest she was spoilt by all. All the tiaras and galas on the world would not compensate for not being Captain of his own family destiny. He solved the problem.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if it was kept with the others in Sweden just as the Aquamarine Kokoshnik is these days.

Last edited:
Queen Silivia's use of the Edwardian ruby tiara in Estonia last week triggered a thought process. I thought the tiara could be improved by adding a few elements on either side, perhaps in graduated size, to extend the tiara such that it does not appear as truncated as it currently does.

Silvia is not one to tinker, but I would hope Victoria would have the confidence to do so.

I also hope they acquire a suitable necklace and earrings to co-ordinate with the tiara to make it into a meaningful married parure.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...r-of-tiaras-for-state-dinners-in-estonia.html

You mean that they could f.e. put pearl prongs on the lower elements of the tiara?

Queen Silivia's use of the Edwardian ruby tiara in Estonia last week triggered a thought process. I thought the tiara could be improved by adding a few elements on either side, perhaps in graduated size, to extend the tiara such that it does not appear as truncated as it currently does.

Silvia is not one to tinker, but I would hope Victoria would have the confidence to do so.

I also hope they acquire a suitable necklace and earrings to co-ordinate with the tiara to make it into a meaningful married parure.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/20...r-of-tiaras-for-state-dinners-in-estonia.html

On itself it works wonders because the coiffeurs or coiffeuses at the Swedish Court are true masters in creating perfect combinations of hairdo and diadems. The truncated effect possibly would be more visible with Queen Victoria, when she keeps her flatter-than-flat hairdo for diadems. With Queen Silvia her bouffante hairdo helps all diadems.

You mean that they could f.e. put pearl prongs on the lower elements of the tiara?

I think if one or two smaller versions of the three big scroll elements that are in the front of the tiara were added to the sides, the tiara would appear a lot less truncated,mand perhaps a bit more balanced.

That change would also allow the tiara to perhaps be worn at a bit of an angle, which will probably make it more usable with Victoria's hairstyle.

I wish the Swedish Royals had a emerald tiara to match with the demi-parure

I wish the Swedish Royals had a emerald tiara to match with the demi-parure

I agree, they could do with a good emerald and diamond tiara.

Perhaps Daniel could buy one for Victoria.

I would add 4 additional elements to the ruby tiara two identical larger and smaller ones and fan the base out so it sat on the head more like a tiara should and not like the 3 picket fence look we get just now. I know it's historic but the original tiara would still be there and I think it would look so much more beautiful.

I would add 4 additional elements to the ruby tiara two identical larger and smaller ones and fan the base out so it sat on the head more like a tiara should and not like the 3 picket fence look we get just now. I know it's historic but the original tiara would still be there and I think it would look so much more beautiful.

That is very much along the lines of the changes I had in mind. It will preserve the history, and yet make it more usable with contemperary hair styles.

Back
Top Bottom