The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?
01. Queen Silvia's Fringe Tiara 5 3.82%
02. Amethyst Tiara 4 3.05%
03. Baden Fringe Tiara 13 9.92%
04. Cameo Tiara 7 5.34%
05. Large Steel Tiara 0 0%
06. Small Steel Tiara 6 4.58%
07. Edward VII Ruby Tiara 2 1.53%
08. Six Button Tiara 7 5.34%
09. Four Button Tiara 10 7.63%
10. Connaught Tiara 27 20.61%
11. Laurel Tiara 8 6.11%
12. Small Aquamarine Tiara 0 0%
13. Other Tiara, please specify 4 3.05%
14. New Tiara 33 25.19%
15. No Tiara 5 3.82%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2015, 05:13 AM
Serene Highness

I think the connaught tiara, Cameo Tiara and the baden fringe Tiara is the most likely options. But i would still love to see her use the amethyst tiara. It is so unusual to see coloured tiaras at Weddings (except the Cameo Tiara of course).

Admit it would have been interesting to see the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara in the Pearl version as a wedding tiara ! :) Sad that the pearls are not in the vault anymore.
Everyone seems to assume that The Queen will wear that tiara on the wedding day but i am not sure about that.

I would still love to see Victoria use the Earrings, necklase, brosch and bracelets from the Cameo Parure and the large Cut steel Tiara. That combination on the Nobel dinner on 11:th december 2013.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Admit it would have been interesting to see the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara in the Pearl version as a wedding tiara ! :) Sad that the pearls are not in the vault anymore.
Everyone seems to assume that The Queen will wear that tiara on the wedding day but i am not sure about that.
Digressing a little bit, but I would love for the Leuchtenberg tiara to be reused with pearls, though not by a bride I may hasten to add.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

maybe a simple tiara. Not a big one.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
I'm still hoping for a new tiara or hair comb if some sort although, there have been issues with "gifting" tiaras in the past to other royal ladies. Queen Margarethe found out first hand that gifting tiaras is not a good idea in case of a divorce, which is what happened with Countess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. As did Queen Elizabeth II with Fergie and Prince Andrew's divorce.

On the other hand, it has worked out so far in the case of CP Mary and CP Mette-Marit who have each been gifted with a small but beautiful tiara; but these ladies are crown princesses so the probability that they will divorce is very slim. There's a much bigger chance of divorce with lower rung royals.

I agree about the tiara of the Countess of Federiksborg, since this one is of heirloom of the RF. But the York tiara is no loss to the royal vaults, since it was acquired for the Duchess and has no royal history. The same goes for the tiaras of Mary, Mette-Marit or Mathilde: these vintage tiaras were acquired for these Princesses and if any of them had divorced, there still would not be a loss of heirlooms.

So I don't see a problem in giving Sofia a new tiara. But I would cringe if she were given a heirloom tiara, for even without a divorce it would move down a side line of the Royal Family.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
So I don't see a problem in giving Sofia a new tiara. But I would cringe if she were given a heirloom tiara, for even without a divorce it would move down a side line of the Royal Family.
I don't think there is much chance that Sofia will get heirloom tiara from the swedish RF as gift as most of them are in the Bernadotte Family foundations.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I agree about the tiara of the Countess of Federiksborg, since this one is of heirloom of the RF. But the York tiara is no loss to the royal vaults, since it was acquired for the Duchess and has no royal history. The same goes for the tiaras of Mary, Mette-Marit or Mathilde: these vintage tiaras were acquired for these Princesses and if any of them had divorced, there still would not be a loss of heirlooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I don't think there is much chance that Sofia will get heirloom tiara from the swedish RF as gift as most of them are in the Bernadotte Family foundations.
> Much as I think that a new tiara might be a convenient solution, the SRF are hardly known for acquiring new baubles. In her nearly 40 years as Queen, if I am not mistaken, the only tiaras acquired by Silvia are the Modern Fringe, used largely by Maddy, and the "baby" tiara first worn by Victoria.

> As Swedish TF brides tend not to receive new tiaras and if Sofia received one, I also think it will send out a very negative signal that Sofia is not considered good enough for one of the family tiaras.

> Any family heirloom Sofia wears at her wedding is likely to be lent to her, rather than given to her.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

Don't think they will buy her a new tiara. There are lots of tiaras in the swedish vault.

Before Princess Lilian died there was rumours that the laurel wreath tiara was to go to Carl Philip but it went to Victoria (thankfully).
I wouldn't mind if they gave her the 4 button tiara so we won't have the risk of seeing it at Victorias head anymore but i don't know if it is included in the Bernadotte foundation.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I completely agree. Of the privatly owned tiaras none is suitable to give away. If she gets a tiara of her own, it will be acquired for her.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

If they give her a tiara i think it will be gifted to Carl Philip and not to her directly.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

The hatred towards this young woman really troubles me.
I hope to see her resplendent in the Cameo Tiara & the veil worn by Queen Silvia.
The family have accepted her as Carl-Philip's future wife.
I agree she made some poor choices but she has obviously learned from these.
Leave her alone!!!!!
Old 01-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Don't think they will buy her a new tiara. There are lots of tiaras in the swedish vault.

Before Princess Lilian died there was rumours that the laurel wreath tiara was to go to Carl Philip but it went to Victoria (thankfully).
I wouldn't mind if they gave her the 4 button tiara so we won't have the risk of seeing it at Victorias head anymore but i don't know if it is included in the Bernadotte foundation.
Princess Lilian told at her book in 2000 that she would leave the Laurel Wreath Tiara to Victoria, so it was clear from then that Victoria would inherit it.
I don't think that Sofia will have the Baden Fringe Tiara since Victoria had it on both Nobel days.
A new tiara for Sofia would be by far the best solution. But maybe she will not have a tiara at all because the Swedish press has told that Carl Philip and Sofia have said that their wedding will be very different than the previous two royal weddings.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Lilian told at her book in 2000 that she would leave the Laurel Wreath Tiara to Victoria, so it was clear from then that Victoria would inherit it.
I don't think that Sofia will have the Baden Fringe Tiara since Victoria had it on both Nobel days.
A new tiara for Sofia would be by far the best solution. But maybe she will not have a tiara at all because the Swedish press has told that Carl Philip and Sofia have said that their wedding will be very different than the previous two royal weddings.

Yes i have also read that they are supposed to have said that. But i wonder if that's true. And i doubt they will be allowed to change very much as the ceremony is practically the same for all Weddings in the Church of Sweden. Maybe they will have a morning wedding with Jacquett and Hats like in England. But i doubt she will opt to not wear a tiara.

The baden fringe tiara would be really great as a wedding tiara. But as by the will of Queen Victoria it is the Crown Princess main tiara, i doubt that someone else would wear it as a bridal crown at such a high profile event. A new Tiara made especially for Sofia would indeed be a good solution but i don't think it will happen.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
We can move the discussion relating to tiara's Sofia may wear on her wedding day to this thread.

Personally, I would like to see Sofia in a new tiara, or the Connaught tiara

*** [edit Marengo ; added poll] ***

Which tiara will Sofia Hellqvist wear on her wedding day?

01) Queen Silvia's Modern Fringe tiara
02) Amethyst Tiara
03) Baden Fringe Tiara
04) Cameo Tiara
05) Large Steel Tiara
06) Small Steel Tiara
07) Edward VII Ruby Tiara
08) Six Button Tiara
09) Four Button Tiara
10) Connaught Tiara
11) Laurel Tiara
12) Small Aquamarine Tiara
13) Another Tiara, please specify
14) New Tiara
15) No Tiara

Please note that this thread is created to discuss tiara possibilities, NOT to discuss your opinion on the bride-to-be.
if i were her, i'd chose the Modern Fringe tiara or the connaught tiara, although i believe the swedish family may not want to give the connaught tiara, only wore sparingly by victoria and madeleine, to sofia at this stage. who knows, we may be in for a surprise. i just don't see sofia using any of the other tiaras at her wedding, they all seem huge so rather inappropriate for a wedding, and i imagine complicated to carry for a whole day - specially having never worn a tiara before.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
if i were her, i'd chose the Modern Fringe tiara or the connaught tiara, although i believe the swedish family may not want to give the connaught tiara, only wore sparingly by victoria and madeleine, to sofia at this stage. who knows, we may be in for a surprise. i just don't see sofia using any of the other tiaras at her wedding, they all seem huge so rather inappropriate for a wedding, and i imagine complicated to carry for a whole day - specially having never worn a tiara before.

She could practice. Prince Charles remembers his mother giving him a bath wearing the Imperial State Crown so she wouldn't be surprised by its weight at the Coronation

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Quote:
I think there is Zero chance of that. Sofia could wear any one from the foundation that Queen Silvia allows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
I don't understand. The Swedish Royal Foundation "owns" these tiaras and Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine have had the great privilege of wearing so many beautiful tiaras. Some are still deemed for the sole use of the Queen. So there is no danger, no precedent, to Sofia being gifted one or wearing one of these tiara's as it is just a loaner and at her first gala event as a married woman she would probably wear a different one.

There are a few that are privately owned. I think the King owns one and Victoria owns two, her 18th birthday nightmare and the Laurel leaf from . Madeleine too has a 18th birthday tiara and there is still some talk that the Modern Fringe was gifted to her as a wedding present. But, we have nothing concrete to confirm that.

My personal preference is for her to use the Connaught as it would look magnificent with her dark hair.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think there is Zero chance of that. Sofia could wear any one from the foundation that Queen Silvia allows.

I don't understand. The Swedish Royal Foundation "owns" these tiaras and Silvia, Victoria and Madeleine have had the great privilege of wearing so many beautiful tiaras. Some are still deemed for the sole use of the Queen. So there is no danger, no precedent, to Sofia being gifted one or wearing one of these tiara's as it is just a loaner and at her first gala event as a married woman she would probably wear a different one.

There are a few that are privately owned. I think the King owns one and Victoria owns two, her 18th birthday nightmare and the Laurel leaf from . Madeleine too has a 18th birthday tiara and there is still some talk that the Modern Fringe was gifted to her as a wedding present. But, we have nothing concrete to confirm that.

My personal preference is for her to use the Connaught as it would look magnificent with her dark hair.
The King owns at least three, maybe four. Both the Cameo Parure, the Connaught Tiara and The Connaught Ruby Tiara are owned by the King. And maybe he still owns the Modern Fringe Tiara.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The King owns at least three, maybe four. Both the Cameo Parure, the Connaught Tiara and The Connaught Ruby Tiara are owned by the King. And maybe he still owns the Modern Fringe Tiara.

If he actually did buy it he might also own his sister Margarethas aquamarine tiara.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
If he actually did buy it he might also own his sister Margarethas aquamarine tiara.
Yes and who knows. He even maybe owns Countess Estelle's Tiara...
Old 01-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Yes and who knows. He even maybe owns Countess Estelle's Tiara...

From your mouth to G-ds ears Mr King!

Does anyone know if the foundation itself can purchase items or do they have to be bought by someone and then added to the foundation after that ?

Old 01-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
The hatred towards this young woman really troubles me.
I hope to see her resplendent in the Cameo Tiara & the veil worn by Queen Silvia.
The family have accepted her as Carl-Philip's future wife.
I agree she made some poor choices but she has obviously learned from these.
Leave her alone!!!!!

Who is hating on Sofia??? I haven't seen any hatred here, if some people bring up her past it's because it's out in the open. But all I've seen is members considering what tiara she should wear on her wedding day.

As I've stated before, I think there is a real possibility that prince CP will buy Sofia a small tiara or she will not wear one at all. She will have her whole life to wear tiaras so she might just choose to not wear one. I'd like to see a new one come into the royal fold!

Tags
jewellery, sofia hellqvist, swedish princesses, tiara, wedding, wedding tiara