Sofia Hellqvist: Potential Wedding Tiaras

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tiara do you think Sofia Hellqvist will wear on her wedding day?

• 01. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/4dea239e-b7a3-4e9b-9f56-39e666347afa_zpsab

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • 02. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/e1db63d1-af37-4916-a71a-a6691ef437da_zpsc6

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 03. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/d0159c5d-b149-4455-a14d-c2236620cdbd_zps84

Votes: 13 9.9%
  • 04. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/1839724c-be19-4476-b918-ae5bc9b2c03a_zps21

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 05. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/71ed8e3e-01a2-4593-adc2-bb4ed986e2d3_zpse3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 06. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/fa6545ff-2206-431c-8fa7-c349e18814de_zps9c

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • 07. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/2d8e6509-85e1-4f6b-8aca-88dcc7e5d1eb_zpsa6

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 08. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/f86bd0ba-f951-4011-9e95-eddcf3ffaf4d_zps99

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • 09. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/b8b18a65-087d-494d-bde1-18b8807c6a18_zps4b

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • 10. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/27f38b5e-80ed-4b8d-bb6a-ee381c621bc9_zpsf8

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • 11. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/1e1d8d3d-f990-413a-a11c-d99e79ccf711_zpsb5

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • 12. [URL=http://s1058.photobucket.com/user/TRFpolls/media/9041370f-7675-4592-aa44-2d5410548bb4_zps51

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13. Other Tiara, please specify

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 14. New Tiara

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • 15. No Tiara

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

So many beautiful tiaras, but this one - the Baden Fringe Tiara - jumped out at me as 'pure Sofia'. :flowers:

With her hair and coloring she would be able to wear any of the tiaras successfully imo. The tiara with the amethysts would be fabulous on her dark hair, but I vote for the Baden Fringe Tiara. :)

My wish is for Sofia to be given a new tiara from the King and Queen as a wedding gift. This is simply because she is not a Bernadotte by birth. However, I do think it would be quite lovely if she followed tradition and wore the Cameo parure and the bridal veil of Queen Sofia.

I do not believe she will wear the Baden Fringe as this tiara was meant by Queen Victoria to be worn mainly by a Crown Princess. I think the Modern Fringe is a stretch because that is mainly Madeleine's tiara and I assume Madeleine will be wearing it herself at the wedding. Nor do I believe any of Queen Silvia's big gun tiaras (Braganza, sapphire, nine prong) are up for consideration as those are reserved for Silvia's use only. I don't believe Sofia will wear the amethysts as a wedding tiara as they are too funky for a wedding. As for the Connaught, since Silvia still wears this tiara on occasion, I doubt she will allow Sofia to wear it. It is my personal opinion that should Sofia be allowed a Bernadotte tiara on her wedding day, it will be the Cameo or one of the button tiaras. The Swedish women seem to have an "introductory phase" to tiaras and it always seems to be one of the buttons that everyone wears first.

Personally I love the fringes but I think she will end up with one of the buttons.

It would be by far the best if Sofia would have a new tiara which she would get as a wedding gift, given by Carl Philip or the king and queen. Queen Silvia's "big guns", the Cameo tiara, the Connaught Tiara, the Baden Fringe tiara, the Modern Fringe tiara, the Laurel Wreath Tiara, never.

Last edited:
My wish is for Sofia to be given a new tiara from the King and Queen as a wedding gift. This is simply because she is not a Bernadotte by birth.

With all due respect, but for the SRF that will not be a consideration since Queen Silvia isn't a Bernadotte by birth either (and like Sofia a "commoner" before she married) :flowers:

I suppose the tiara would not be 'given' but will be a loan for the wedding day. I think it is unlikely that the RF will give SH a tiara, while f.e. princess Madeleine did not receive a personal tiara thus far and even the crown princess received a rather small & cheap one for her 18th birthday. The most likely option is that SH will have access to a few smaller pieces of the collection.

Although I dislike the two button tiaras, they may 'work' with a veil behind them. A bit like the Dutch star tiara that is not a success on its own but that looked good enough when Máxima wore it on her wedding day.

Last edited:
With all due respect, but for the SRF that will not be a consideration since Queen Silvia isn't a Bernadotte by birth either (and like Sofia a "commoner" before she married) :flowers:

Yes that is true and yet their backgrounds are most surely different, I hope that PC will design a pretty diamond tiara for her, something that would represent the Bernadotte line of the family and this way it would stay in that part of the family. And Queen Sofia is someone who SH could aspire to look up to now that she is going to be a member of the royal family. :)

Yes that is true and yet their backgrounds are most surely different, I hope that PC will design a pretty diamond tiara for her, something that would represent the Bernadotte line of the family and this way it would stay in that part of the family. And Queen Sofia is someone who SH could aspire to look up to now that she is going to be a member of the royal family. :)
I never mind a new tiara. But we should leave her background out ot this tiara thead.

One tiara I really can't imagine for the wedding is the amethyst circlet. Imo those large dark stones would spoil the bridal look.

:previous:I would like to see her in something new, something for the shape of her face which is oval I believe and in diamonds that will sparkle in her dark hair. Not over the top that yells look at me, something of delicate taste and will stay in the Bernadotte family for future use and to be inherited down to children.

Right, that's why I said it would be nice if she followed tradition and wore the Cameo.

Yes the baden fringe or the connaught would be nice choices. I think the Cameo tiara should be reserved for Queen's and Crown Princess'es. I also think it would be interesring to see the amethyst tiara with a cream coloured wedding dress.

It's being reported that CP bought SH a tiara for her 30th birthday recently. Sure sounds like that is what she will wear to the wedding. We should have bet $1 on the poll!

:previous:Your on, now where do I send my dollar........and can I say thank goodness for small favors.....:lol:
:)

Since it is only a gossip in a gossip magazine, I suppose all options are still open.

True. She could show up with the Cameo Tiara, but I would be astonished.

Since it is only a gossip in a gossip magazine, I suppose all options are still open.

It was a false information at Svensk Damtidning's article comments about that Carl Philip would have given Sofia a tiara. Svensk Damtidning doesn't mention that. I don't know if the writer made a joke or has heard another rumour.

And even if CP gives Sofia a tiara of her own, that doesn’t necessarily mean that she’ll wear it at her wedding. So the question is as open as ever. We’ll only know the answer in the very moment the camera catches the first glimpse of the bride on 13 June. I’m still very curious, because there are several possibilities. And I expect many more fale rumours during the next six months.

I like this idea.
CP shall design something and the King and Queen shall pay (--> i.e this will be their Wedding Gift :)).

The only remark is, this Tiara shall be a "generic one" (i.e. that it is wearable with all colours and all other lent jewels from the Royal vaults), so I see Diamonds only or Diamonds and pearls as the most ideal choice.
Bye Bine

This soundes like a very good idea, having CP design it just for her

I'm thinking that Sofia will be leant a tiara by Silvia.
- the Leuchienburg Sapphire Tiara
- the Six Button Tiara

I'm thinking that Sofia will be leant a tiara by Silvia.
- the Leuchienburg Sapphire Tiara
- the Six Button Tiara

Definitely won't be the sapphires, only the Queen wears those.

The button is a possibility but I still think Connaught

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Ithink the Cameo tiara is the tradition in the family!

CP will buy one for her as a wedding gift.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Ithink the Cameo tiara is the tradition in the family!
If Madeleine had worn the cameo tiara at her wedding, I would wager that Sofia would wear it as well. But since Madeleine wore the modern fringe, I don't think that Sofia will wear the cameo. It seems to me that the next bride to wear the cameo tiara will be Princess Estelle.

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

We can move the discussion relating to tiara's Sofia may wear on her wedding day to this thread.

Personally, I would like to see Sofia in a new tiara, or the Connaught tiara

*** [edit Marengo ; added poll] ***

Which tiara will Sofia Hellqvist wear on her wedding day?

01) Queen Silvia's Modern Fringe tiara
02) Amethyst Tiara
03) Baden Fringe Tiara
04) Cameo Tiara
05) Large Steel Tiara
06) Small Steel Tiara
07) Edward VII Ruby Tiara
08) Six Button Tiara
09) Four Button Tiara
10) Connaught Tiara
11) Laurel Tiara
12) Small Aquamarine Tiara
13) Another Tiara, please specify
14) New Tiara
15) No Tiara

Please note that this thread is created to discuss tiara possibilities, NOT to discuss your opinion on the bride-to-be.

I would rule out all colored tiaras immediately. Very rarely will a royal bride wear anything other than pearls or diamonds since the dress will most likely be white or off white color and having any tiara with color will clash with that.

I highly doubt that sofia will wear the cameo tiara since it's believed to be for Queens and Crown Princesses only.

I also will rule out the Baden Fringe Tiara since that is primarily Victoria's tiara now, and yes she may have leant it out to other royal family members but we've never seen anyone but Victoria and a selected few (not even her sister) wear it. This tiara is believed to be property of PV so anyone wanting to wear it would probably need permission from her.

I'm also going to rule out the big steel tiara because again, that's usually worn by Queen Silvia or Princess Victoria.

As keeping with the Baden Fringe tiara I would also rule out Sofia wearing Madeleine's Modern Fringe tiara. That was a gift to Princess Madeleine from Queen Silvia so it's property of PM and will have to be loaned out only by PM. If she has a close relationship with Sofia (which it doesn't look like) then that could be a possibility but I would highly doubt it. Also, in Sweden weddings are tiara events so most likely PM will be wearing her fringe tiara as well Victoria wearing one of her usuals.

As for the Connaught tiara that is a possibility but it's very high and doesn't work well with many hairstyles. I guess it all depends on the hairstyle and veil.

I would also say the same for the laurel wreath tiara as for the Connaught. I believe that also went to PV when Princess Lilian died so Sofia would need permission from her in order to wear it.

I think either of the button tiaras are possibilities although it would only work with the right hairstyle and veil.

The small steel tiara is a possibility too but there's not much glitter going on there so it would be kind of a waste IMO. Although, there are rumors that Sofia isn't too popular with the Queen or her future sisters-in-law so if they really wanted to make a statement about their relationship then I'd say they'd let her wear that one.

A new tiara is a very good possibility for Sofia. Although Sweden's royal household has many tiaras at their dispense, the Queen and King could very well gift Sofia with a tiara of her own since many of the tiaras in use belong to other royal ladies right now. If this happens I don't see it being anything too extravagant. I could almost see something small but with character like Princess Claire of Belgium's wedding tiara (pic below).

Or another reasonable idea is no tiara at all. Sofia may decide that she wants to be a natural bride and just use flowers or something else.

I guess we will not know until June 13th but my bet would be on one of the button tiaras or a new tiara from her future in-laws. That seems to be a trend now (CP Mary, CP Mette-Marit etc.)

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1420069724.136099.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you about the coloured stones. Most bride how wear coloured stones at their wedding do so because there is no white tiara in the family.

Since the cameo tiara was worn by two of the King’s sisters at their wedding, I wouldn’t say that it’s for Queen’s and CP’s only. Maybe Madeleine was allowed to wear it at her wedding but chose otherwise? It’s simply not known, although I do hope that it won’t be chosen as Sofia’s wedding tiara.

The Baden fringe tiara is owned the Bernadotte Foundation and therefore is not Victoria’s personal property. The fact that one of her aunts wore it to the wedding of Madeleine might mean that it is available to other ladies of the family. Imo it is unlikely that Sofia will wear a wedding tiara that has become a kind of signature piece of the Crown Princess, but I wouldn’t completely rule it out.
The ownership of the modern fringe tiara is not publicly known. There are good reasons to assume that it is really owned by Princess Madeleine, but there never was a public confirmation. I would therefore prefer not to state it as a fact.

On the other hand we definitely know that Princess Lilian left the laurel tiara to Victoria, as the will was made public. So I’d agree to rule that tiara out.

Of the cut steel tiaras I doubt that they’d be chosen for a wedding, as they just don’t have a ‘bridal’ look. Yes, there is a rumour about the King and Queen not liking Sofia, mainly it get’s repeated over and over again on the net. But so far the King and Queen have done anything to publicly show their support for CP’s bride. Therefore it would be really inconsistent if they now chose the small cut steel tiara as Sofia’s bridal tiara.

I can’t imagine that she’ll marry without tiara. That would just found rumours which the SRF doesn’t want around. It’s the same like with the small cut steel: the King and Queen obviously want to discourage people from thinking that they are against Sofia. They will use a tiara as a sign of their support for the couple.

Please, no buttons! I have no rational argument against them, they are a possibility. But I just don’t like these two tiaras.

The Connaught still is a strong contender in my view. Imo it looked lovely on Princess Christina at her wedding day.

I’m not sure about a new tiara. Since it is likely that Madeleine has her very own tiara, it might be possible that Sofia will get on as well. It would be nice to have a new addition, since mainly it’s the button tiaras which are up for share on regular galas. Let’s not forget that the six-button tiara is no mainly worn by Princess Christina, which would leave the four-buttons to Sofia.

Sofia Hellqvist: Potential wedding tiaras

I’m not sure about a new tiara. Since it is likely that Madeleine has her very own tiara, it might be possible that Sofia will get on as well. It would be nice to have a new addition, since mainly it’s the button tiaras which are up for share on regular galas. Let’s not forget that the six-button tiara is no mainly worn by Princess Christina, which would leave the four-buttons to Sofia.

I'm still hoping for a new tiara or hair comb if some sort although, there have been issues with "gifting" tiaras in the past to other royal ladies. Queen Margarethe found out first hand that gifting tiaras is not a good idea in case of a divorce, which is what happened with Countess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. As did Queen Elizabeth II with Fergie and Prince Andrew's divorce.

On the other hand, it has worked out so far in the case of CP Mary and CP Mette-Marit who have each been gifted with a small but beautiful tiara; but these ladies are crown princesses so the probability that they will divorce is very slim. There's a much bigger chance of divorce with lower rung royals.

I really have no idea what she'll wear but I'm thinking the Connaught is a good bet.

What would be fun is if someone could photo shop all those tiaras on Sofia to see how they would look ?

Last edited:
I'm still hoping for a new tiara or hair comb if some sort although, there have been issues with "gifting" tiaras in the past to other royal ladies. Queen Margarethe found out first hand that gifting tiaras is not a good idea in case of a divorce, which is what happened with Countess Alexandra and Prince Joachim. As did Queen Elizabeth II with Fergie and Prince Andrew's divorce.

On the other hand, it has worked out so far in the case of CP Mary and CP Mette-Marit who have each been gifted with a small but beautiful tiara; but these ladies are crown princesses so the probability that they will divorce is very slim. There's a much bigger chance of divorce with lower rung royals.

I really have no idea what she'll wear but I'm thinking the Connaught is a good bet.

What would be fun is if someone could photo shop all those tiaras on Sofia to see how they would look ��

I agree, the Connaught is a real possibility, though I would not rule out the Cameo tiara.

I also think that the Cameo tiara might be a possibility. I think it was Madeleine's choice (for wahtever reasons) to not wear it on her Wedding Day. And that it is only worn by the Queen can only be said since 1976. Before that it did not belong to Queens for a long time. The last Queen beofre Queen Silvia who wore it was Queen Josephine and then it belonged to junior members of the Royal Family before it was gifted to Princess Sibylla in 1932.

Back
Top Bottom