Meghan Markle's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent choice, stylistically and historically. It was literally the crown of her overall look. Girl knows how to rock a tiara.

That tiara was absolutely perfect. Loved it even more than the Lozenge - I guess I didn't notice it in the options we looked at because the pic we had wasn't the best - but WOW it was a showstopper on Meghan.

Whew.

That tiara was absolutely perfect. Loved it even more than the Lozenge - I guess I didn't notice it in the options we looked at because the pic we had wasn't the best - but WOW it was a showstopper on Meghan.

Whew.

True, if we had a proper photo of it, instead of the grainy photo almost hidden in Mary's hair, I would have voted for this tiara. The lozenge is lovely, but this one is positively stunning. And it suits Meghan beautifully.

I will be happy if she is like Sophie and has one go to for a few years at least.

I agree, the previous photos we had of the tiara Meghan wore today did not do it justice.

I wish to see her in more tiaras but I'm pretty sure it will be her only tiara for quite some time. Will see it in the next tiara event. Anyone know when that is?

I agree, the previous photos we had of the tiara Meghan wore today did not do it justice.

I just went and looked at the original poll and, amazingly enough, it's the one that I voted for, grainy photo and all! I didn't even realize it until just now, because that was nearly 6 months ago and I didn't continue to go back and forth on my vote or "lobby" for it in the thread, lol.

I wish to see her in more tiaras but I'm pretty sure it will be her only tiara for quite some time. Will see it in the next tiara event. Anyone know when that is?

Possibly the diplomatic dinner in December if her and Harry attend. Kate didn't appear at it in tiara till 2013, but then again her and William were part time royals back then. We may see Meghan this year.

Or if there is a state dinner before that, and the couple go.

Thank you, Countessmeout. Meghan definitely will work as a full time royal, she already started even before the wedding :)

I'm REALLY happy about the Filigree. I mentioned that it'd be a really good choice for Meghan a few weeks ago, but some posters thought that it had been taken apart, which made me quite sad. I think that probably came from the fact that it hasn't been worn in decades and wasn't featured in The Queen's Diamonds book. That tiara is gorgeous. Diamond and platinum tiaras work best against dark hair, but when there is a veil, it tends to take away from it. But boy, the Filigree held its own.

I think it's been mentioned is that, in addition to Diana's aquamarine ring Meghan wore tonight, Diana also had a aquamarine bracelet. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan adds a aquamarine brooch to interchange with the diamond brooch currently on the Filigree.

In addition, the tiara has been reworked since Queen Mary wore it. Back then, it had a small piece at he center top. It's been reworked to a kokoshnik.

I'm REALLY happy about the Filigree. I mentioned that it'd be a really good choice for Meghan a few weeks ago, but some posters thought that it had been taken apart, which made me quite sad. I think that probably came from the fact that it hasn't been worn in decades and wasn't featured in The Queen's Diamonds book. That tiara is gorgeous. Diamond and platinum tiaras work best against dark hair, but when there is a veil, it tends to take away from it. But boy, the Filigree held its own.

I think it's been mentioned is that, in addition to Diana's aquamarine ring Meghan wore tonight, Diana also had a aquamarine bracelet. If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan adds a aquamarine brooch to interchange with the diamond brooch currently on the Filigree.

In addition, the tiara has been reworked since Queen Mary wore it. Back then, it had a small piece at he center top. It's been reworked to a kokoshnik.

Yes, she had an aquamarine and pearl bracelet she wore with the ring.
https://princessdianabookboutique.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/the-aquamarine-ring-and-bracelet-set/

Yes, an aquamarine brooch would be a nice addition.

I thought Meghan may get Diana's emeralds since Kate seems to have the sapphires, but it seems perhaps Meghan will be an aquamarine girl.:flowers:

Excellent choice of tiara for Meghan--pardon--the Duchess of Sussex. If this is her one tiara to use for a while, she chose a great one. A nice size, but not too small.

Oh, but that we could break into the Queen's vaults and see what other treasures have been "sitting around" to later discover and polish!

Love it. It exceeds my expectation (in a good way).

The tiara was very pretty and appealing, the best thing she wore today. Never liked the tiara until I saw it today.
Same! It doesn't look good in Q Mary's photo.

Probably it is her only tiara during QEII's reign, but pretty sure she will be allowed to access more pieces when Charles becomes King.

Meghan with the filigree tiara makes me believe that maybe all unseen pieces are still in somewhere of the vault and waiting some ladies to pick it up, maybe Eugenie will surprise us too, think positively.

Last edited:
A beautiful bride looking gorgeous in a wonderful sparkly tiara and a lovely diamond bracelet. I hope this is the tiara she will get to use for all the official tiara events.
I wonder if Prince Charles gifted her the diamond bracelet.

I thought Meghan may get Diana's emeralds since Kate seems to have the sapphires, but it seems perhaps Meghan will be an aquamarine girl.:flowers:

Meghan may well get the emerald and diamond earrings and some of the sapphires as well.

I don't believe I have seen Kate in any of Diana's sapphires bar the ring. Whilst some have speculated that the sapphire and diamond earrings Kate regularly uses are from Diana, I do not believe that to be the case at all as the stones have been cut adn set differently.

Meghan may well get the emerald and diamond earrings and some of the sapphires as well.

I don't believe I have seen Kate in any of Diana's sapphires bar the ring. Whilst some have speculated that the sapphire and diamond earrings Kate regularly uses are from Diana, I do not believe that to be the case at all as the stones have been cut adn set differently.

As Kate seems to favor sapphires, even if the earrings aren't Diana's, and she has the ring, it makes sense that Kate wear Diana's sapphires.

Diana had such beautiful other stones. I would prefer to see Meghan in the emeralds or aquamarines.

Of all the tiaras in the poll, this was the one that went unseen for the longest time. So no wonder that many thought it might have been broken up. The lozenge and sapphire bandeau have been worn by Princess Margret, the Teck crescent and the Strathmore rose have been in an exhibition. So no wonder that this beauty flew under the radar.

Please keep the discussion of Meghan's other jewels here Duchess of Sussex Jewels: November 2017

A beautiful bride looking gorgeous in a wonderful sparkly tiara and a lovely diamond bracelet. I hope this is the tiara she will get to use for all the official tiara events.
I wonder if Prince Charles gifted her the diamond bracelet.

And matching earrings worn last night. My bet is Charles gave her a wedding gift.

LaRae

And matching earrings worn last night. My bet is Charles gave her a wedding gift.

LaRae

This is what I wonder, too, although it could have been from Harry, instead. I do find it significant that she wore the bracelet for the wedding, and the earrings for the second reception, and those are the things that make me wonder if it was actually Harry who gave her those.

Either way, they suit her beautifully, and I'm sure will get a lot of use over the years.

Possibly the diplomatic dinner in December if her and Harry attend. Kate didn't appear at it in tiara till 2013, but then again her and William were part time royals back then. We may see Meghan this year.

Or if there is a state dinner before that, and the couple go.

Given that Meghan has jumped right into working, if the Sussexes are in country I think there is a strong possibility of them attending the diplomatic dinner. Interesting to see if she wears this tiara again or a different one.

In 2011 and 2012 William was still full-time military, so as you say only part time in Royal appearances.

Given that Meghan has jumped right into working, if the Sussexes are in country I think there is a strong possibility of them attending the diplomatic dinner. Interesting to see if she wears this tiara again or a different one.

In 2011 and 2012 William was still full-time military, so as you say only part time in Royal appearances.

Why would they attend the diplomatic dinner, Harry hasn't attended before and the Queen's other children are not attending now. I think it has become a heirs event, because just a few years ago, royals like Princess Alexandra attended.

This is what I wonder, too, although it could have been from Harry, instead. I do find it significant that she wore the bracelet for the wedding, and the earrings for the second reception, and those are the things that make me wonder if it was actually Harry who gave her those.

Either way, they suit her beautifully, and I'm sure will get a lot of use over the years.

The only reason I thought maybe the set was from Charles is it is said he gifted Kate with a set upon her marriage...and the price tag (over 200,000) seemed more like a Charles gift to me. Also seems like I read somewhere Charles likes to give Cartier ...no idea if that is true or not.

LaRae

:previous: I know, it could have been either of them. I don't suppose we'll ever know, but whoever chose those has excellent taste!

HA another reason to think Charles..he's known for his excellent taste in ladies jewelry!

LaRae

After watching the wedding video again, I must say I don't like it as wedding tiara, or in general really. The central element gives me that "cyclops" feeling and I find the design old-fashioned.

For a wedding tiara, I would prefer a more subdued bandeau (like Queen Paola's bandeau worn by Princess Mathilde) or, if the bride wants a bigger and sparkling tiara, maybe a fringe tiara as Queen Mary's fringe worn by QEII at her wedding. Princess Madeleine's modern fringe is probably my favorite wedding tiara ever.

Last edited:
Do we have a Duchess of Sussex Jewels thread, yet? If so, I couldn't find it. The Cartier set would be a great way to start it off!

I am waiting to see, if she continues to wear it, if they change the stone out with a colored stone (depending on event) or a different diamond brooch.

Seeing as how the tiara was made in the 30's I guess it could be considered old fashioned...but IMO these art deco pieces generally are always 'modern'.

LaRae

The Duchess of Sussex's Bridal Jewels | The Court Jeweller

The tiara is stunning and regal. I was not disappointed by her choice. Happy to this tiara again.

I can only repeat - well played Ms. Markle - now HRH D. of Sussex - I loved the dress and the tiara. Definitely less is more. I really hope to see this tiara now in regular use - not like the Cartier Halo which hasn't been seen since the wedding of D. of Cambridge....

Back
Top Bottom