Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 2: October 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iannis said:
When King George I came to Greece, he renounced his rights to the danish throne and the term Schwlesing- Holstein- Sonderburg- Glucksburg, which was not even a surname of the danish royal family, but named the four regions the kingdom was made of.
Opponents of the ex king Constantine usually call him like that (Glucksburg) ironically.
It was a nickname reinvented by the greek 'Entente' supporters during the WW I, because it sounded more 'german', and that would make people feel disgust for the then neutral king Constantine I (grandfather of Constantine's)
Therefore members of the greek royal family do not have a last name

Wilhelm never renounced his right to the family name, which is why all of the subsequent princes & princesses of the Greek Royal House were also permitted to be styled "of Greece & Denmark". He did renounce his right, and those of his descendants, to the Danish throne, which was later codified by the Danish Parliament.

All of the Royal Houses have a dynastic reference, but royalty does not traditionally use a surname. They do not need one as they are royal and referred by their style and title.

iannis said:
The dynasty of Denmark or Norway may do so, but the greek dynasty was never a SHSG, because the greek dynasty was founded in 1863, when danish kings have stopped using the term S-H-S-G.
But even if they had not, the same happened with other new royalties of the Balcans that period: princes form European courts came to countries as Greece starting NEW dynasties.
Therefore the greek dynasty was one of Orthodox Greek speaking monarchs, with the exception of George I who was born Willehlm of Denmark, but when came to Greece renounced any connection and right to the danish dynasty.
Renouncing a title (SHSG) and renouncing the genealogy connected to that title are two different things. The Danes renounced the title, but they couldn't renounce the bloodline connected to that title (notice how they still -- to this day -- call themselves SHSG in their official site). George I never even renounced his Danish title, so whatever the Danes call themselves is what the Greeks are. They are the Greek branch of the Danish branch of SHSG which is part of the Oldenburg dynasty. They are a new dynasty to Greece, but they didn't spring out of nowhere and suddenly end up with no dynasty name.

hello
Why MC didn´t go to Sverre Magnus christening?.

I was wondering the same thing. She usually doesn't miss these events. Maybe our speculations are correct and she is pregnant and tired. Or maybe she and/or the children are ill with the flu???

Aphrodite26 said:
I was wondering the same thing. She usually doesn't miss these events. Maybe our speculations are correct and she is pregnant and tired. Or maybe she and/or the children are ill with the flu???

Oh, not again! Not another one!
They are already too many for Nikolaos to hold a slight chance to become head of the House!:p

PARIS - JANUARY 23: Marie Chantal Miller attend the Valentino dinner as part of Paris Fashion Week (Haute Couture) Spring/Summer 2006 at The Ritz January 23, 2006 in Paris, France. (Getty Images)

iannis said:
Oh, not again! Not another one!
They are already too many for Nikolaos to hold a slight chance to become head of the House!:p
Why should he ever become head of the House? He is not the eldest...!

wartenberg7 said:
Why should he ever become head of the House? He is not the eldest...!

Yes, but the eldest married you know who nobody in Greece is fond of, while Nikolaos is widely appreciated

Aphrodite26 said:

Let's pray that everybody is well and healthy!!Maybe it was something prearranged with Her bussines!!

I don't follow the Greek Royal Family, but I've always wondered this. Will Pavlos and Marie-Chantal call themselves the King and Queen of Greece and their heir Crown Prince/ss when the King passes on? Greece is already a republic, but they still call themselves King, Queen, Crown Prince, and Crown Princess when there is no crown anymore especially hearing stories about MC ordering people to call her by her title. Just wondering.

planetcher said:
I don't follow the Greek Royal Family, but I've always wondered this. Will Pavlos and Marie-Chantal call themselves the King and Queen of Greece and their heir Crown Prince/ss when the King passes on? Greece is already a republic, but they still call themselves King, Queen, Crown Prince, and Crown Princess when there is no crown anymore especially hearing stories about MC ordering people to call her by her title. Just wondering.
Constantine remains King Constantine because he was King. Crown Prince Pavlos because he was Crown Prince. The fact that Greece is now a republic is irrelevant to dynastic titles. Just as the former King Michael of Romania is still referred to as King Michael.

When Pavlos becomes Head of the Royal House of Greece, rather than assuming the title of King he will most likely continue to use his current title of Crown Prince (the same situation as Crown Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia, now Serbia and Montenegro). Marie Chantal is generally referred to as "Princess Pavlos".

In effect it is no different to former Presidents of the United States being legally titled "President" for the rest of their lives. The same principle applies to retired admirals, generals, senators etc.

What's more, because of the procedures of the referendum of '74 being illegal not permitting Constantine to be in Greece, he has not abdicated yet
(and I think he never will; and he'll do very well)

What makes people think that Pavlos is not appreciated especially in Greece??? Has it been written that they hate MC and Pavlos and prefer Nikolaos over him????
My impression in Greece is that they do not care for any members of the royal family.....

Piaa said:
What makes people think that Pavlos is not appreciated especially in Greece??? Has it been written that they hate MC and Pavlos and prefer Nikolaos over him????
My impression in Greece is that they do not care for any members of the royal family.....

Well, it's not that much about Pavlos rather than MC
Many people also really care about what Constantine does, not because they like him; the opposite! But they still deal with him
Yet, Nikolaos is indeed liked more than all the other members of the GRF

Why MC didn´t go to Sverre christening?. She was sick. Is she pregnant?.

No one knows why she didn't go to the christening.

Does anyone know what these guys have been up too lately?

ChevalieurduCiel said:
Von Erlach History Book,and are listening to 'Door'music:D :D :D !!!

support.gif
what did you mean?
support.gif

crisiñaki said:
what did you mean?

Seems like a joke with Piaa's post, that asks about Pavlos and Marie Chantal. "What they've been up to":)

Anna_R said:
Seems like a joke with Piaa's post, that asks about Pavlos and Marie Chantal. "What they've been up to":)

Well, I'm still :confused: :confused: :confused: but thanks anyway Anna;)

Is it true that Marie-Chantel's family had to pay a dowry for her to marry Pavlos? Why did they have to-was it an arranged marriage or is it just custom? I'm sorry for not knowing it just that I never knew that fact.

That's been answered in earlier threads and the answer is no. She got a trust fund, just like her sisters. The marriage wasn't arranged by the parents.

Why was it a joke????
It was an innocent enough question......
There has been nothig new posted on them.....

Oh!

It was a joke by Toledo in an another thread,and I repeated it!Don't worry I love them as much as you do!!:D

Last edited:
Someone knows something about MC and family?.

thank you

olili said:
Someone knows something about MC and family?.
thank you
olili, if you look through the "Threads in Forum" which appears when you click on "Greek Royal Family", you will find many discussions on Marie Chantal and her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom