Crown Prince Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family: Magazine and Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Olili,I'm confused, I actually had not seen them, although I had a look on this board very often at that time...so you've made my day :p. Thanks !

Thanks Olili, for those older photos. I really didn´t remember seeing them as well.

That is a really pretty picture Tatiana0. Do you know when/where it was taken? Marie Chantal looks nice in white.

Lovely pictures, you said it better than I could have said it myself. What a great content to open the link and see Mr & Mrs Miller in personal moments of the earlier days of their family life! I was not aware of the Princess' blog, how sweet of you to introduce it to us. Merci beaucoup! :flowers:

Thank you sita. Never read before. What a cute picture, would have never thought that was her.

Thank you La Noblesse. As you seem to be new on the board, first, welcome, secondly, may I suggest you to have a look at all pictures that have been posted here ? I think we are here on the best board for pictures about the GRF, and especially MC&Pavlos family. And many more to come I hope !

Wow, what lovely scans!
Maria Olympia with those long slim legs of hers and a natural charm is certainly a promising young lady. Her parents as well as the other members of the RFG are my very favourites.What a good looking family that is.

And the family always seems to be really enjoying themselves together. They always appear natural and relaxed in their family photos. Always a pleasure to see. Thanks for posting these pictures.

@sita C'est vrai, chérie! :flowers: This forum is the best on the net for its unique material and old, new and all sorts of pictures of the royals. I'm very pleased to have seen the latest scanned pictures of this charming family, thanks to "royalfanvivian" ! ;) I'm at a loss for words, this photo session was extraordinary brilliant. All the kind wishes to the members of this great forum, who care enough to share their material with the rest of us! Farewell! :)

You are right, La Noblesse, this is a marvelous forum indeed. I have delighted myself through the years with old and new photos of my favourite royal family, that of Greece. Those pictures were fantastic.
My interest in Pavlos, his parents, siblings, wife and children started a long time ago, with the beautiful pictures of the wedding of King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie.

Ruby Princess. Yes, what a lovely picture. Isuppose it is little Aristides.:wub:

I have a question: I am looking for photos taken of MC, Pavlos and baby Maria-Olympia in either January or February of 1997 at the Jubilee Celebration (I think...) of Queen Margarethe. The three of them are standing on a balcony, Pavlos is holding baby Maria-Olympia and MC is in a brown suit with hat. I came across a picture several years ago but cannot find it. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Sita - many thanks! The first two are the ones I am looking for. I also appreciate seeing the full gown MC had on for the gala celebration. I have not seen a full length photo of it and think it was such a beautiful gown. Again, thanks.

FYI - The August 2011 issue of Town & Country magazine has an article about the RV "glamping" (glamourous concierge camping) trip Pavlos, MC, Pia Getty and 9 kids took last summer thru the American West (Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, South Dakota and Wyoming). Remember the Christmas photo card of them at an Elvis Wedding Chapel? It was from this trip, and they did renew their vows! They hardly roughed it though, considering they were in two huge Winnebagos (think rock star tour bus size), each with their own driver, MC's had 12 pieces of luggage in it and apparently Pia's had a washing machine (she hadn't done laundry since college and put too much liquid in the washing machine. cue soap suds!).

2 page article, 1 1/2 columns of text, 18 small pics from the trip. The magazine's website doesn't have magazine content on it's website or I'd try to link it.

Last edited:
Ruby Princess, I wish I could see and read that article! It must have been very funny, especially the washing machine incident.Oh, I love this family, they surely know how to enjoy life, nine kids tagging along and all!:lol:

Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange (Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand; born 27 April 1967) is the eldest child of Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus.

And,I received the August 2011 edition of Town and Country Magazine today;Pavlos,Marie-Chantal and her sister Pia Getty are the subjects of a story called "Royal Recreation."Pavlos,M-C and Pia rented two RVs to take their children on a tour of the American West. The website doesn't have the August edition up yet, as Ruby Princess pointed out in her post. Here's the link so people can check up on the article:
http://www.townandcountrymag.com/

Last edited:
Other things of note in the article:
- The trip was organized by Pia Getty.
- Also along for the trip was someone Pia called " a six-foot-seven male nanny to clean up the mess." I'm not sure if he is employed by one of the Miller sisters or the motor coach company though.
- In the photo/caption/map section of the article, one caption reads " His Highness the Alum Pavlos visits his old college campus in Sante Fe". Anybody know what college he went to? I thought he went to Georgetown, but maybe that was ust for his Master's degree?
- The sisters are planning another RV road trip, with bicycles, through California.

Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange (Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand; born 27 April 1967) is the eldest child of Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus.

No, that's not correct.
It's not Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, it's Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, son of Princess Benedikte!

Other things of note in the article:
- In the photo/caption/map section of the article, one caption reads " His Highness the Alum Pavlos visits his old college campus in Sante Fe". Anybody know what college he went to? I thought he went to Georgetown, but maybe that was ust for his Master's degree?
- The sisters are planning another RV road trip, with bicycles, through California.

It's 'college' in the British sense of the word not the American. College as in private high school eg Eton College rather than university.

Pavlos did indeed attend college (high school) in Santa Fe, he attended the Armand Hammer United World College of the American West (so did Phillipos) for the last 2 years of high school. The previous years he did at the Hellenic College in London.

Later he attended university at Georgetown for both his Bachelor's degree and his Master's.

Is the magazine British or American? I've never read it so don't know.

The magazine, as far as I know is American. Unfortunately it is very difficult to find a copy here. Is it possible to do scans of the pictures in the article? I´m positively drooling of curiosity to see it:bounce:

Back
Top Bottom