Crown Prince Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family: Magazine and Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is an American magazine. I wish I could help - I could scan the article, but I am not computer-savy enough to figure out how to post them here/online. Plus I don't know that you'll be able to see them all that well. Like I said, there are 18 small pictures taking up roughly 1 page (across 2 pages) in a map-type layout. The largest photo is 2" x 2.5". In some of the photos it's so hard to tell who's in the picture - the photo is small to begin with, and the human subjects are even tinier in order to fully capture the background (the RVs, the Grand Canyon, the Rocky Mountains). You need a really strong maginifying glass to see who it is. And some photos fall in the fold of the magazine so you really can't tell who's in them.

About Town&country article :
I'm impatient too, thanks for the info ! I plan to buy the online issue when it is available, probably through Zinio ; sorry for quoting the name but I thought it might help other posters, I often buy the British Hello issue when I can't find it in France.

Other things of note in the article:
- The trip was organized by Pia Getty.
- Also along for the trip was someone Pia called " a six-foot-seven male nanny to clean up the mess." I'm not sure if he is employed by one of the Miller sisters or the motor coach company though.
- In the photo/caption/map section of the article, one caption reads " His Highness the Alum Pavlos visits his old college campus in Sante Fe". Anybody know what college he went to? I thought he went to Georgetown, but maybe that was ust for his Master's degree?
- The sisters are planning another RV road trip, with bicycles, through California.

According to the Greek Royal Family, from 1984 to 86, this is where Prince Pavlos went to school:

The Armand Hammer United World College of the American West (UWC-USA) is a two-year residential school that marks the beginning of an experience that is life-defining.

Located in Montezuma, New Mexico, UWC-USA makes its home at the edge of the Pecos Wilderness in the foothills of the Sangre de Cristo mountain range, the southernmost point of the Rockies.

Browser Not Supported

It wasn't until 1990 - 1995 that he went to Georgetown University, so he was in AHWC in New Mexico first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Charles was a friend of the late Armand Hammer, who founded the Colleges. Charles was very involved with the Colleges during Hammer's lifetime - I don't know if that connection is still there. Not sure if Tino got Charles involved or the other way around - nonetheless there has been a royal connection for quite a number of years.

Prince Paul graduated in Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in 1987, the event was chaired by Diana, Princess of Wales, this year the academy celebrated an important anniversary. The event was the Greek royal family and Queen Sofia and the Queen Mother Ingrid. THe Diana dress is very famous. http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/...sit-to-the-royal-military-academy-sandhur.jpg

The Armand Hammer United World College of the American West, is a school that is formed by people of different nationalities, it is to share knowledge, languages ​​.... I think it is within the organization of schools "ROUND SQUARE SCHOOL" presided by King Constantine .The Prince Philippos of Grece has studied in it.

Last edited:
This trip of Pavlo´s family and the other MIllers, sounds like a lot of fun. I can picture the tall nanny who would clean all the messes. How lucky for these children to be able to participate in such a family affair!!!!

Here is the digital magazine from zinio:

Town & Country Magazine Subscription, 11 Digital Issues*| Zinio Digital Magazines

If you click on it, it will download the magazine in a tiny format. You are allowed to zoom in on 3 pages. The article on MC and family is on page 82-83. Kkeep clicking the 'right' button until you get to that page and then click on the page to enlarge it. You can read the whole article and see the tiny pictures.

Here's the article from Town and Country:

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mc/townandcountryaug2011p82-83.jpg

Click on photo to enlarge it so you can read the article.

Thanks Ayvee, it's so nice to see pictures of the family. They look like the had so much fun. The added bonus were Pia's family as I've always been curious about her life.

I love the article, quite fun, but don't you love it when really wealthy people want to do what we would consider something "normal" but...........they take 2 drivers and a nanny who cooks and cleans. Kinda ironic right, but still cute!!

And even with those helpers, it´s not everybody´s cup of tea. Especially with nine kids involved!

Stef, the oldest kid in the photo doesn´t look like Constantine Alexios (who has straight hair). I don´t recognize him.Maybe he is the son of one of MC´s sisters?

and Achileas-Andreas??????? Could be he???? thanks Carmina!!!

I really think it is Constantine Alexios, although I admit he looks awfully short, especially since older sister MO is the height of MC. To me he doesn't resemble Achilleas (especially in the eyes) and the boys all have matching shoes which makes me think it is not one of Pia's sons. In addition, the way his hair is styled could definitely be a 13 year old fooling around!

I really think it is Constantine Alexios, although I admit he looks awfully short, especially since older sister MO is the height of MC. To me he doesn't resemble Achilleas (especially in the eyes) and the boys all have matching shoes which makes me think it is not one of Pia's sons. In addition, the way his hair is styled could definitely be a 13 year old fooling around!

It's Achilleas, look at past photos of him. It's definitely not Constantinos since there's a recent photo of from William and Kate's wedding to compare with.

I don´t think it´s any one of the two. I have seen so many photos of these boys along the years, I don´t recognize them in that photo. For me they are either firends´s children or nephews, but certainly not the two .

there´re a new interview on Point de Vue about their holidays

Yes Olili and it is great. I'm going to scan it as soon as I can, to share with the board.

I hope you can scan it, SITA. Here in Rio, sometimes we find Point de Vue but many times not.

:ohmy: Maria Olympia is almost as tall as Pavlos! And Constantine is not a happy camper is he? Haha.
Can you please translate the article, that would be great. :flowers:

Thank you for posting the link, Sita! These are great photos. I can't believe how big the kids have gotten. MO is a young lady now. She def. has the figure of a model ~ lucky girl!!! Yes, Constantine seems to be at that sour age, tho what a beautiful smile in the photo w the camera. The younger boys are all adorable! And Pavlos and MC look wonderful. This family always seems so close and happy. How refreshing!

SITA: You are a Darling! What lovely pictures . I am overjoyed of seeing this family I absolutely love. The kids are so big. Maria Olympia is gonna be a tall girl for sure. She is already taller than her Mom.
Thank you again for this treat.

My pleasure Carmina Stalker.
The article is based upon an interview of the couple.
CP Pavlos answers to a question about the Greek situation by saying that the economy was not well handled in previous years but he is confident that the Greek people will find a way, especially with all the resources the country have in tourism (and the family does their part in advertising for tourism in Greece, see the gorgeous photoshoot ;)).
MC says that the family has a religon for sailing, so they spend most of their time on her parent's boat the Mari Cha III. They usually have lunch on the Aphroessa with KC and QAM.
(Here is a description of Mari-Cha III. I understand it is for sale. Another advertisement ? ;) http://www.mari-cha.com/MC3_2009.pdf
They joke a bit about the children not knowing perfectly Greek, as they are not surrounded by Greek people all the year ; so the children might spend some holyday in Greek- speaking families soon, to improve their Greek.
The journalist writes about people recognising the radiant family in the streets of Spetses, and exchanging friendly words. The couple says that some Royals discovered Spetses last year thanks to Nikolaos'wedding, and they came back this Summer (I wonder who it is).
All in all a relaxed interview smelling happy family life, holyday and sun. Bliss...

Gorgeous photos, wow that is some good looking family!and thanks for the photos for the sail boat, Zowie!! any idea of a price?:p

i wonder why they did not come to victoria and daniels wedding in 2010

i wonder why they did not come to victoria and daniels wedding in 2010

I wonder why you take up this question more than 1 year after again, as this has been discussed at many royal boards (incld. this one)...:whistling:
We, who aren´t into it, can only speculate - I guess there must have been important reasons (both MC and Pavlos are business people) and I´m sure they would have come if they could make it.

I wonder why you take up this question more than 1 year after again, as this has been discussed at many royal boards (incld. this one)...:whistling:
We, who aren´t into it, can only speculate - I guess there must have been important reasons (both MC and Pavlos are business people) and I´m sure they would have come if they could make it.

i never thought about it before now.
but i apologize for bringing it up again

Back
Top Bottom