Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 6: June 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has been in several riding competitions with Charlotte. I am wondering if she is one of the Monaco riders.

very nice pics, THANKS

I think the girl on the left side is Cecile Winkler, Felix' sister.

By the way it is a long long time we did not see Alex!!

it's definitely NOT Cecile. but you're right about Alex. I don't remember last time we saw him...

I was going to say something unkind about not seeing Alex Dellal for a long time...but I stopped myself.:lol: Besides, I have a hunch that he will show up for the Grand Prix, like usual.

I think it is sweet that Charlotte is still friends with her ex-boyfriend Felix's sister(if that is the case)

These things can get...tricky.:whistling:

i think the girl with charlotte is the daughter of the russian billionaire that is supposedly going out with naiome campbell.

Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock, Elisabeth-Anne de Massy and Mélanie de Massy attended
the annual IIont Award Monegasque language competition in Monaco on June 23, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Wonder if Charlene understood anything of what's been said?
This was after or before St Jean? She is wearing the same clothes.

It was after the St Jean procession. Charlene understood the french language but it is not enough to answer to an interview, It is said that she learn monegash language and to go to this event, it is the best way to learn a language.
Prince Albert and Charlène talk always in the english language. Prince Albert has somme problems when he speak french it seems that in english his problems go away.

You're right, Melina...
Although PA speaks American English more or less fluently, he hesitates or stumbles a lot. Apparently this happens more so when he speaks French. Most of us "spectators" have seen this happen lots of times.

He was (and still is ?) a shy young boy - and happier in the company of females.
That hasn't changed, and I still feel sorry for him.
Whether CW will be able to help him - who can tell ?

His stuttering is much better than when he was in his twenties. Maybe he is more relaxed now. It's tough when your job entails public speaking. I respect him for not letting it control his life.

Can anyone tell me if the Monegasque dialect has a written form, such as the Alsatian dialect? Usually dialects have only an oral tradition. If so the only way to learn them is to hear them spoken in the family or mix up with the locals, but Charlene hasn't been pictured yet while shopping at the market place like Pss. Grace did.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-monaco-current-events-part-6-a-27924-18.html
(PA, CW, EA de Massy and M de Massy present at the prizegiving

http://assembly.coe.int/Documents/WorkingDocs/Doc10/EDOC12422.pdf
Council of Europe: The European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages

Monégasque dialect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A comprehensive article on Munegascu....

Ligurian: Monegasque language
Ligurian / Monegasque - ISO Language code: Ligurian and Genoese

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Monégasque-language/110474218981219

Last edited:
You're right, Melina...
Although PA speaks American English more or less fluently, he hesitates or stumbles a lot. Apparently this happens more so when he speaks French. Most of us "spectators" have seen this happen lots of times.

He was (and still is ?) a shy young boy - and happier in the company of females.
That hasn't changed, and I still feel sorry for him.
Whether CW will be able to help him - who can tell ?

His father always spoke to him in French. Maybe he was a little intimidated by his father growing up, because Rainier was stricter with him than with his daughters...thus the stuttering in that language?

Grace only spoke to him in English. He had a very close bond with her and was perhaps more relaxed around her.

His father always spoke to him in French. Maybe he was a little intimidated by his father growing up, because Rainier was stricter with him than with his daughters...thus the stuttering in that language?

Grace only spoke to him in English. He had a very close bond with her and was perhaps more relaxed around her.
My thoughts exaclty, dear. But he's defintely bilingual.
I'm wondering..do such people who learnt to speak 2 languages while growing - both of them- perfectly (as far as i'm concerned), feel both of these languages to be their mother tongue? In which language do they make their thoughts? hmm..

My thoughts exaclty, dear. But he's defintely bilingual.
I'm wondering..do such people who learnt to speak 2 languages while growing - both of them- perfectly (as far as i'm concerned), feel both of these languages to be their mother tongue? In which language do they make their thoughts? hmm..

Well, they have a favorite language. My cousins are perfectly bilingual, but they prefer to speak Italian than English in their household, so I guess they think in Italian as well... Albert is more relaxed when speaking English, but according to an interview Pr. Rainier gave many years ago the trio speak French among themselves.

Aha, now i see.. Thank you for this information :)

Prince Albert and Princess Caroline visited the exhibition of British photographer Nick Danziger at
'Quai antoine 1er' in Monaco, 6 September, 2011. The exhibition "War and Peace, Women in the
XXI Century" presents pictures of the eleven women that Nick Danziger has followed over the
past decade but also has other pictures of this photographer on the theme of female victims
of conflicts. The event takes places from 7 to 30 September, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

I think Caroline wore the necklace she bought in Italy during her holidays with her children (there is a video in Venice? Capri? I don't in which she sows her new colourful necklace to Charlotte on the thread dedicated to her holidays with her family). I'm not sure about the dress, but what I'm sure is that Caroline can really wear everything!
I wish there was Charlene, this would have done great pics: Albert, his wife and his sister.

I think Caroline wore the necklace she bought in Italy during her holidays with her children (there is a video in Venice? Capri? I don't in which she sows her new colourful necklace to Charlotte on the thread dedicated to her holidays with her family). I'm not sure about the dress, but what I'm sure is that Caroline can really wear everything!
I wish there was Charlene, this would have done great pics: Albert, his wife and his sister.

Yes, where is the First Lady?!?!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Albert in white pants again :sad:
But I like his glasses. I didn't like the ones he was wearing in Leeds :shock:

Its also nice to see Albert with his older sister too.

Its also nice to see Albert with his older sister too.
I agree - I guess it is partly because Caroline and Stephanie don't have partners but I like the way Albert carries out some engagements with Charlene and some with his sisters/nieces & nephews. I'm wondering if this is unusual in royal families as I guess usually it would be the consort who accompanies the monarch. You just never know who Albert is going to turn up with:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom