The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
I don't have a pic but an anecdote, and I'm not even sure it really happened, but it made me laugh so hard I had to tell someone!

I was watching a David Niven biography and they said that when David moved to the South of France he started seeing his old friend Grace, and together with his wife he was introduced to Rainier.
According to one of the people interviewed, during their first meeting with Rainier someone asked who was the best (among Hollywood actresses I guess) in bed, and he said "Grace", but while saying the word, he suddenly realised he was talking to her husband and so corrected the name and said "Gracie Something" (I can't remember the surname).

I think Rainier didn't notice this little gaffe, as they became very good friends and the Prince attended Niven's funeral even if by then Grace was already dead.

She must have been good (no offence intended, also because I seriously doubt this anecdote is true)

Kisses
I read this anecdote in James Spada book. Personally I didn't like it at all. Sounds like it's a heap of rubbish! Worse than Novella2000!

Old 09-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very funny pics u've posted lately tbhrc

Old 09-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Very funny pics u've posted lately tbhrc
I'm glad you like them...
Old 10-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Administrator

I decided to post the following pics here, instead of in the "caption the picture"- thread, as I consider it to be better, if these pics don't get an additional caption - see for yourself, and than you'll understand what I mean... :p

(cover)
Old 10-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
I decided to post the following pics here, instead of in the "caption the picture"- thread, as I consider it to be better, if these pics don't get an additional caption - see for yourself, and than you'll understand what I mean... :p
I can only ..Oh, Stephanie..:) :p
Old 10-19-2005, 06:07 PM

fix typo

Oh that Stephanie. Geez, and Pauline is not far away, as you can see in the third shot. Steph is a free spirit and that's wonderful, but it's unfortunate her actions cause her to be a wide open target for media cruelty. I can only imagine how the tabloids would use those shots to paint her as an "irresponsible" mother. I don't know her so it's not right of me to assume she's anything but a good mom, but I do think she should be more aware of who's photographing her, who's watching her, and, therefore, should "go digging" :p in her private sanctuaries only!
Old 10-20-2005, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

Is that Pauline? Steph looks a little young in those pics could be someone else plus the height of the girl in the photo would seem if to be Pauline would have had to be taken in last 4 years pluse pauline does not have blonde hair. But Steph has a mind of her own looks like she is happy with what she was looking for.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
Is that Pauline? Steph looks a little young in those pics could be someone else plus the height of the girl in the photo would seem if to be Pauline would have had to be taken in last 4 years pluse pauline does not have blonde hair. But Steph has a mind of her own looks like she is happy with what she was looking for.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for pointing that out. I should take a lesson from this and try not to make quick assumptions in the future. But that is still a child. Maybe Stephanie should have been more discreet knowing other people's children were running about? I really like Stephanie because the Casiraghi Trio love her and she is sweet to them, but I wish she would use her head sometimes. I think sometimes she gets a little too crazy. Like marrying that Adans Lopez Peres guy, however you spell his name. Someone in her position takes a great risk by doing things like that.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 AM
Administrator

These pics were taken in the mid 80s when Steph was in her early 20s, so they are a sign of young love, joy and carefree humour. I think there's no need to critize her in anyway, and Casiraghi you should be very careful with saying comments like "I wish she would use her head sometimes". That sounds much to hard.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's not Pauline. It's some other kid that's for sure because the guy is Mario Jutare. Around that time Stephanie was 21-22 years old and she was joking around. If I look around and watch my friends and the stuff they're are doing ( including myself) then I see nothing special about Stephanie. She's just beeing funny. And she's just Stephanie. Ok I agree about this Adans Lopez Peres - thing and that she sould have waited an see before marrying him. But these photos here don't show an irresposible Stephanie...they show a Stephanie clowning around. That's her... and if she doesn't complain about photographers taking pix like these then we shouldn't complain either.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

(cover)
Oaawww Stephie ..... ......

She won't find what she's searching for (at him) .... I'd be a better target I swear - I am ....

ok
Old 10-20-2005, 03:17 PM

Quote:
These pics were taken in the mid 80s when Steph was in her early 20s, so they are a sign of young love, joy and carefree humour. I think there's no need to critize her in anyway, and Casiraghi you should be very careful with saying comments like "I wish she would use her head sometimes". That sounds much to hard.
Well, I wasn't trying to be hard on her. What I know about her, I like and respect. But she is a public figure and should have learned by now that the paparazzi are not going away and they are going to kill for embarrassing pics of her. So why should she make it easy for them? I understand this pic was taken when she was 20ish, so whatever. I am not going to criticize a 20-year-old Stephanie. I personally don't see anything wrong with what she was doing. Of course, it's hilarious. All I was trying to say is that the press turn things nasty. They make it seem like she was this or that, when really it was only silliness. And because of that, I think it would be wise of her to be more careful. I hope that's not being hard. I am just surprised that any princess in that kind of spotlight
wouldn't be more careful. It seems like Caroline is very careful. Albert is usually careful, though he has a slip up from time to time! :p
Old 10-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Administrator

I understand what you mean, Casiraghi , I share your opinion with several aspects you mentioned. Well, let's say that specific sentence has simply not been the best choice
Old 10-20-2005, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I understand what you mean, Casiraghi , I share your opinion with several aspects you mentioned. Well, let's say that specific sentence has simply not been the best choice
I'll grant you that, iceflower!
Frankly, I like the fact that Stephanie has such a great sense of humor and is so light-hearted with her friends. It's great. But when she's on the deck of a yacht, in full view of the evil paparazzi, she's just asking to be a target of cruel remarks in the press! I remember reading that Albert has ways of avoiding the paparazzi, of keeping his light side away from the prying cameras. I wish Steph could be more like that. Maybe she is now, has learned to be over time. Goodness, it takes awhile for any royal to figure out the "trick" for getting around the paparazzi problem. I don't think Princess Madeleine has figured it out yet. They are all so different because Prince William learned very fast how to "trick" the paparazzi. Prince Harry is obviously a bit less adept at it. So, Stephanie isn't the only one.
Or wasn't. They don't "catch" her in these sort of moments anymore, or as often, so maybe she's gotten really good at dodging the bullet! :p
Old 10-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know but Stephanie once said : " Well I am what I am and I see no point in acting differntly than others just because I'm a princess."
I think she just doesn't mind so much when those pix of her are taken. She seems to be ok with it. Maybe she doesn't feel like she has to be more careful because she's fine with the situation. If people want to have a look on her they should have a look on it all - maybe that's it.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Administrator

I think that statement is a very good ending for that discussion
Old 10-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think that statement is a very good ending for that discussion
... wanna say: ... silence :):p
Old 10-21-2005, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian
I don't know but Stephanie once said : " Well I am what I am and I see no point in acting differntly than others just because I'm a princess."
I think she just doesn't mind so much when those pix of her are taken. She seems to be ok with it. Maybe she doesn't feel like she has to be more careful because she's fine with the situation. If people want to have a look on her they should have a look on it all - maybe that's it.
That's cool. I respect that. If that's truly how she feels, then who am I to say anything? Sorry, guys. I should not have commented in the first place. See, I was worried for no reason about what the press would say about her. The woman herself has no worries about it.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:11 AM
Administrator

No need to apologize, Casiraghi :) And to get back to the topic, I post two funny pics again - Steph in summer 1988 missing her sofa in some way
(source: HELLO)
Old 10-22-2005, 07:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No need to apologize, Casiraghi :) And to get back to the topic, I post two funny pics again - Steph in summer 1988 missing her sofa in some way
(source: own collection)
Awww - how cute she is. She could have my sofa :p