HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are Freddy and Mary? Their story sound lovely :p

Donatella, I think most women look up to Grace because she was a true lady, which is a rare species today. There aren't very many women raised with class, purpose, drive today. (Not to compare myself with Grace, but I know from my own experiences that if you conduct yourself as a lady, you are treated as a weirdo. How dare you have class? :eek:) So its not surprising that people want to compare any women that PA dates to Grace. That is inevitable. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many women that he would encounter who have that "Grace-factor" (since he consorts with models, actresses, etc.). JMO

donatella said:
Why is it that people in general put such a burden on PA as to compare any women he is with to Grace. He is his own person and as far as I am concerned his new companion seems to be a very nice girl. Unlike some of the past he has been linked to in the tabloids.
I'm not putting any pressure on PA to find someone like Grace. It seems that it's Albert who is always going after some Grace wanna-be or look-alike or young blonde. If he married someone like CP Mary or Telma Ortiz, that would be fine with me. It is he who constantly hooks up with and then dumps these women (NC, Tamara R. = unsuitable or the latest model/actress = most likely unsuitable or sports babe = Alicia Warlick and now Charlene). I hope it works out between he and Charlene frankly because there has now been this public love-fest. I've said before that she has potential of being a princess but it seems now it would take a lot of work - maybe starting with being more discreet in her comments to the press.

Laviollette said:
I'm not putting any pressure on PA to find someone like Grace. It seems that it's Albert who is always going after some Grace wanna-be or look-alike or young blonde. If he married someone like CP Mary or Telma Ortiz, that would be fine with me. It is he who constantly hooks up with and then dumps these women (NC, Tamara R. = unsuitable or the latest model/actress = most likely unsuitable or sports babe = Alicia Warlick and now Charlene). I hope it works out between he and Charlene frankly because there has now been this public love-fest. I've said before that she has potential of being a princess but it seems now it would take a lot of work - maybe starting with being more discreet in her comments to the press.

What comments has she made in the press?

BurberryBrit said:
Who are Freddy and Mary? Their story sound lovely :p

Donatella, I think most women look up to Grace because she was a true lady, which is a rare species today. There aren't very many women raised with class, purpose, drive today. (Not to compare myself with Grace, but I know from my own experiences that if you conduct yourself as a lady, you are treated as a weirdo. How dare you have class? :eek:) So its not surprising that people want to compare any women that PA dates to Grace. That is inevitable. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many women that he would encounter who have that "Grace-factor" (since he consorts with models, actresses, etc.). JMO
I was raised to be a lady and don't get looked on as a weirdo. Just men of today's age don't know how to treat one like opening doors and letting her walk through first or on the curb side and he is to walk up the stairs behind her not to look up her short skirt either its for the same reason she follows him down. Curb side to protect her, as a gentleman always stands when a lady approaches a table how many do you see do that or stand when she does to leave it? How many walk you to the ladies room? Only time any man did me was in another country and they stood outside the door. The Italian man I met was a gentleman and treated me properly. You won't even find many men open your car door who claim they are gentleman. Let me say if you don't require it it won't be given unless they are from a family where the mother required it to be done.

LadyMacAlpine said:
I was raised to be a lady and don't get looked on as a weirdo. Just men of today's age don't know how to treat one like opening doors and letting her walk through first or on the curb side and he is to walk up the stairs behind her not to look up her short skirt either its for the same reason she follows him down. Curb side to protect her, as a gentleman always stands when a lady approaches a table how many do you see do that or stand when she does to leave it? How many walk you to the ladies room? Only time any man did me was in another country and they stood outside the door. The Italian man I met was a gentleman and treated me properly. You won't even find many men open your car door who claim they are gentleman. Let me say if you don't require it it won't be given unless they are from a family where the mother required it to be done.

That's what I meant. Men today don't know how to treat a lady. And if you demand that treatment, they look at you as if something is wrong. If a man is used to a woman throwing herself at him, then meets one woman who acts as a lady, then she is the odd one out, or the "weirdo."

BurberryBrit said:
That's what I meant. Men today don't know how to treat a lady. And if you demand that treatment, they look at you as if something is wrong. If a man is used to a woman throwing herself at him, then meets one woman who acts as a lady, then she is the odd one out, or the "weirdo."
The lady will be appreciated by a man that is a gentleman if he isn't he has no idea what to do with her. That is his problem and he is the weirdo for not understanding the difference between one you can take home to meet the the parents or one you play with. Albet does know how to treat a lady and separate them from the play items. He also knows how to have fun with a lady.

LadyMacAlpine said:
The lady will be appreciated by a man that is a gentleman if he isn't he has no idea what to do with her. That is his problem and he is the weirdo for not understanding the difference between one you can take home to meet the the parents or one you play with. Albet does know how to treat a lady and separate them from the play items. He also knows how to have fun with a lady.

I could not agree more. A true gentleman knows how to treat someone with class, elegance and grace something PA's old flames did not have. As for these moments with Charlene they seem playful but certainly not sleazy like the other women he has been with at times.

donatella said:
I could not agree more. A true gentleman knows how to treat someone with class, elegance and grace something PA's old flames did not have. As for these moments with Charlene they seem playful but certainly not sleazy like the other women he has been with at times.

I wouldn't call CW's behaviour sleazy; it's just she's been parading around like she caught a prize pig. She is acting like a smitten school girl instead of a nearly 30-year-old woman who is dating a head of state. My main issue is that there is something wrong here when an IOC member -- a VP no less-- seems to be dating an athlete which could be misconstrued as having undue influence on her career as a swimmer. My feminine intuition says something is just not right here but we'll all have to wait and see where she is during PA's b'day in March, when he is off on his polar expedition, and if and where she starts training to compete on the int'l level again.

Everytime I go out in the back of my mind I hear my mother's voice, somewhere between a command and a threat, telling me to "act like a lady." Not only do many men today not know how to treat a lady, but many women don't know how to act like one.

donatella said:
What comments has she made in the press?
Her comments to the press:

www.suntimes.co.za/2001/07/01/news/news06.htm

However, excusing this interview from five years ago, I wish them well. I hope he and Charlene get married and he finally produces a "legitimate" heir(s). Still, I'm all out of patience and admiration for PA because he is just such a disappointment.

pinklady1991 said:
I wouldn't call CW's behaviour sleazy; it's just she's been parading around like she caught a prize pig. She is acting like a smitten school girl instead of a nearly 30-year-old woman who is dating a head of state. My main issue is that there is something wrong here when an IOC member -- a VP no less-- seems to be dating an athlete which could be misconstrued as having undue influence on her career as a swimmer. My feminine intuition says something is just not right here but we'll all have to wait and see where she is during PA's b'day in March, when he is off on his polar expedition, and if and where she starts training to compete on the int'l level again.

Everytime I go out in the back of my mind I hear my mother's voice, somewhere between a command and a threat, telling me to "act like a lady." Not only do many men today not know how to treat a lady, but many women don't know how to act like one.

Too true, and I could not have said it better myself. I don't know why that's the case either. Maybe the women have such little self-esteem.

I totally agree, and maybe it's just a signal that the women need to be around a better quality of man, even though some men who could be gentlemen do at times treat certain women in their lives very poorly. I just cannot determine why that is the case either....

Maybe it's true on both sides 'all that glitters is not gold'...

Last edited:
pinklady1991 said:

He dated Alicia who was trying for the Olympics there is nothing wrong with it. Only if he were to try to do something behind the scene's for her would there be. The facts are to compete its your own ability they go by if you can make the team. Swimming isn't like skating who go by points and now since what happened in Salt Lake the scoring system is different. If he were to be her sponsor then I would see her competing for Monaco. I think the problem is more that no one has seen him in public like this with a woman who is young enough to be his daughter than a girlfriend more mature which would be taken more seriously.

Paca -- did you see Point de Vue yet? I saw the cover on their website...they certainly didn't waste any time. Is the coverage of all of his girlfriends like this or is this frenzy relatively new? Since Point de Vue seems more sympathetic to PA et al, is this a sign that this is all for real?

It'll be in the shops tomorrow, so then all of Monaco will know. Unfortunately I won't be here to see whether there will anything in Monaco matin, but I doubt there would be anyways. Besides they are like everyone in the guessing game and since Alex, I think they suppose anything is possible. I still don't give much about it. She is too aware of the camera and so is he. Who knows, maybe they are just having fun pretending. Who knows. JUst wait how things develop. I still think she is just his toy girl. And to those of you wo are looking for a lady to date PA: honestly which woman who has some pride to herself and decency would actually want to date PA with his double dating and secret dating etc.? Any woman who thinks well of herself would send a man away who thinks that while dating her, he should be keeping an eye out for someone else. He either wants to be with someone or doesn't when he is truly in love, he wouldn't want to waist a minute with anyone else. If he does, but still claims he loves you, you better run, because he doesn't deserve you. Seeing that PAs attitude towards women hasn't changed, I doubt that the sort of woman that I could respect as a princess would even want to be in the same picture with him. His dad was quite a playby in his pre grace years ( I know from some elderly people who knew him when he was very young), that some of his behaviour was borderline. But I have sincere doubts that he would ever have behaved like that after ascending to the throne. Rainier took his duties very seriously and unfortunetely after PA has pulled himself together for a year and done the same, he seems to be falling into old habbits.

paca said:
She is too aware of the camera and so is he. Who knows, maybe they are just having fun pretending...Seeing that PAs attitude towards women hasn't changed, I doubt that the sort of woman that I could respect as a princess would even want to be in the same picture with him...unfortunetely after PA has pulled himself together for a year and done the same, he seems to be falling into old habbits.

I agree, she is all too aware of the cameras. However, I'd love to know if the article in PdV is the one that has been circulating around the internet from '01 or if it is a new interview that describes how they reconnected. I can't imagine her giving interviews would put her in good stead after PA sued Paris Match for the Alexandre articles.

Maureen Dowd, a columnist for the New York Times, refers to President Bush's obsession with Iraq as "the world's latest adolescent rebellion," i.e., he's trying to show up his father. I wonder if Albert's womanizing has anything to do with his relationship with his father, trying to prove he is a "manly man?" I bet Freud would have had a field day with this!!! :D

Still, I have to say that a high ranking official having an affair with an athlete who intends to compete in a future Olympiad, still does not sit well with me. Any favor granted to CW or South Africa could be viewed as nepotism and create yet another scandal that the IOC could well do without.

pinklady1991 said:
I wonder if Albert's womanizing has anything to do with his relationship with his father, trying to prove he is a "manly man?" I bet Freud would have had a field day with this!!!

I'd like to repeat my old words - while our parents are with us we remain childs. I guess being so many years under Ranier' constant strict control and criticisim, now Albert feels some relief and absolute freedom of actions and choosing...wrong feeling in his age and position may be, but he shall pass this making period so that to come to inner maturity and raze remains of the psychological son dependence. I am afraid that despite his age he is still a teenager inside; a teenager who needs in development of independence...

Prince Albert And The Mermaid

15/02/2006 Craig Lord

The romance of Prince Albert of Monaco and former South African international swimmer Charlene Wittstock has been the hot topic on the slopes at the winter Olympic Games in Turin.
However, the 27-year-old former Commonwealth champion over 400m freestyle, said: "No, we have no plans to marry", when the question was popped on the piste by the prying press.
The couple were seen cuddling at the opening ceremony in Turin and romance was clearly in Wittstock's heart. She said: "Turin is not only beautiful, its also very romantic, an ideal place for a lovers' holiday".
The Prince, 48, has been linked with many glamorous women during his courting days. His conquests include actresses Gwyneth Paltrow and Brooke Shields and supermodels Claudia Schiffer and Naomi Campbell. Four years ago it was reported that the Prince had proposed to his then girlfriend, blonde American athlete Alicia Warlick, but the couple never made it down the aisle.
The Prince, whose mother was the late Grace Kelly, American actress before becoming Princess Grace, and Wittstock first met at the Monte Carlo round of the 2001 Mare Nostrum tour, when the Prince treated Wittstock to a fairytale date.

http://www.swimnews.com/News/displayStory.jhtml?id=4276

Is it just me or is she speaking way too much when Prince Albert says absolutely nothing? aren't they supposed to be together? is she the only one answering questions?

Tamar:)

tamarindi said:
Is it just me or is she speaking way too much when Prince Albert says absolutely nothing? aren't they supposed to be together? is she the only one answering questions?

Tamar:)
I think she is trying to make her claim as his current girlfriend and lover due to the post you made I take it that was what she was saying they were.
She said: "Turin is not only beautiful, its also very romantic, an ideal place for a lovers' holiday".
As Paca said wait and see what comes next. Mostly likely he knew she was talking to the press. This is the first one he has taken public to show such affection between them.

Aoibheann said:
No plans to marry? She's not exactly subtle, is she...
No, she isn't. Like I said this one might be marking her territory like an animal puts their scent on it she is letting every other female know who she is and what they have or she wants it to be. Not afraid of reactions by the public or him. Something I haven't heard any other female he dated do. Interesting.

Methinks the lady doth talk too much... I can't wait to get my hands on the Point de Vue article when it arrives in the States next week.

I still agree with Paca about moving the talk about his love life to a new thread since he isn't talking and its got nothing to do with what he is doing publicly as a current event issue. But then thats our opinions of moving it and my reasoning for it and why we made an Alex and Nicole thread. Enough said no moderator is saying anything.

LadyMacAlpine said:
I still agree with Paca about moving the talk about his love life to a new thread since he isn't talking and its got nothing to do with what he is doing publicly as a current event issue. But then thats our opinions of moving it and my reasoning for it and why we made an Alex and Nicole thread. Enough said no moderator is saying anything.

Agreed...I did post something on the "wife" thread but no one responded there so I was just following the leader. Perhaps a new "Albert & Charlene" thread but I am not tech savvy enough to start one. Can anyone help here?

pinklady1991 said:
Agreed...I did post something on the "wife" thread but no one responded there so I was just following the leader. Perhaps a new "Albert & Charlene" thread but I am not tech savvy enough to start one. Can anyone help here?
I bumped a thread up to talk about it only one person responded to my posts. Gabriella told me a long time ago to bump threads to post in them when I was looking for one to make posts in. I use to send info to Gabriella when I found more than one thread but she hasn't been online in over a month. This is the one I bumped http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/albert-friends-903.html I made the Olympic thread to keep information about it there for future referrance instead of all over in the current event threads. Its similar in ways to a Wife for Albert as the two threads on the Palace.

However, the 27-year-old former Commonwealth champion over 400m freestyle, said: "No, we have no plans to marry", when the question was popped on the piste by the prying press.
The couple were seen cuddling at the opening ceremony in Turin and romance was clearly in Wittstock's heart.
or could she being saying that she can sleep around just like him and use him as he as use other people,imo? could she also say this because she is hopeing that he will feel that she really dosent want him or his title? because of that then he'll try to chase her?
answers or thoughts anyone?

LadyMacAlpine said:
I bumped a thread up to talk about it only one person responded to my posts. Gabriella told me a long time ago to bump threads to post in them when I was looking for one to make posts in. I use to send info to Gabriella when I found more than one thread but she hasn't been online in over a month. This is the one I bumped http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/albert-friends-903.html I made the Olympic thread to keep information about it there for future referrance instead of all over in the current event threads. Its similar in ways to a Wife for Albert as the two threads on the Palace.

You lost me again...what does bumped mean???? Can you email me offline so you can explain it to me? I'm a little confused...:confused:

I dunno!

semisquare said:
could she also say this because she is hopeing that he will feel that she really dosent want him or his title? because of that then he'll try to chase her?

I think you are right. She could be playing a huge game with him.....if she appears to just be hanging around, not too serious about the relationship, it might make him more and more intrigued....like he has to find out why she's not falling all over him, which is what he's used to. Sad to say but if she's into mind games of this type, she's really not someone who's cut out to be Monaco's Princess. I think both the country and the man need someone more intelligent than that. Just my 2 cents...

The problem with PA is that he doesn't like intelligent women. He doesn't seem to know what's appropriate public behavior for a Head of State either. I saw a couple of the interviews he gave in the U.S. last year and I was shocked at his lack of knowing how to answer questions and his weak demeanor. I used to think his father was cruel to question PA's fitness for the job as head of Monaco but now I can see why he would question it. Also do you think Alicia Warlick never made it down the isle with PA because of his womanizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom