Twin Princes Nicolas and Aymeric for Claire & Laurent

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Like the names id like some middle names 2 though
perhaps Jozef or Henri or Andre

thanks for the info, danielane!

here's a couple more of joyful Laurent courtesy of ANP

Attachments

• 3273624.jpg
    3273624.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 3273633.jpg
    3273633.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 3273634.jpg
    3273634.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 214
Royal Fan said:
I Like the names id like some middle names 2 though
perhaps Jozef or Henri or Andre

There are some middle names.
The full names have already be given on this thread. They are
Nicolas Casimir Marie and Aymeric (and not Emeric, as announced at the beginning) Auguste Marie.

BTW, Jozef is written Joseph in French.

Some more pictures from facetoface :

it's so cute to see Laurent's facial expressions..:) :)

Attachments

• 00826060.jpg
    00826060.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 167
  • 00826061.jpg
    00826061.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 234
  • 00826062.jpg
    00826062.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 00826063.jpg
    00826063.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 00826068.jpg
    00826068.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 00826069.jpg
    00826069.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 207
Congratulations to the happy parents. Two of my cousins had twins so I know they're a handful.

How old is Laurent? I assume he's younger than Philippe but he looks years older.

How exciting be parents of twins!! Congratulations to the happy couple and to Belgium!!

So interesting that he brought a measuring tape to the press conference. Isn't it a measuring tape he is holding?

norwegianne said:
So interesting that he brought a measuring tape to the press conference. Isn't it a measuring tape he is holding?
Yes, it is ad I suppose he wanted to show how tiny they are. The smallest size of babyclothes will be too big for them. Mine were a bit taller and everyone had said don't buy the small size twins , will be bigger. So we didn't and in fact the kids virtually disappeared in the clothes we had and were given, so their dad had to rush of to buy the smallest size available in France and they were still too big. He should have gone to the toy section instead, I'm sure he would have had more choice there. If you don't actually see them you don't realize when you are being told the size and weight how tiny they actually are.

No the measuring tape was a joke of the prince. A journalist asked in Dutch if they had already a godfather (peter) and godmother (meter). A 'meter' is the same word for godmother and measuring tape. So Laurent said, we don't have a godfather, but we do have a godmother, showing the tape.

ysbel said:
Congratulations to the happy parents. Two of my cousins had twins so I know they're a handful.

How old is Laurent? I assume he's younger than Philippe but he looks years older.

Laurent is born in 1963 and Philippe in 1960. I can't say that he looks older but I think it's a pitty he is so corpulent since so many years.
After Philippe married, Philippe has also gained some kilo's, but during the years a watcher can see he does some effort to controle his weight. But ones a man has past 40year it difficult of course.

martha-louise said:
No the measuring tape was a joke of the prince. A journalist asked in Dutch if they had already a godfather (peter) and godmother (meter). A 'meter' is the same word for godmother and measuring tape. So Laurent said, we don't have a godfather, but we do have a godmother, showing the tape.

That's hilarious! ;) At last, for us dutch-speaking people it is! :D
I really like the names Nicolas and Aymeric, by the way. I never heard of the last one, but it has a certain royal 'feel' to it, which I really like. Does anybody know where it comes from?

martha-louise said:
:D :D I see. But still, if you take a tape measure (not the godmother;) ) and look at the size, you'll see how tiny the babies are.

The Belgians are not afraid to give their kids the title of prince/princess I see. Thats how it should be. I thought nothing of the little Norwegian Prince being a Prince then when I seen he wasn't HRH I had to shake my head. I't's all a piece on nonsense. I'm glad at least the Belgian Royals know how to keep things simple.

Last edited:
Twin princes named Aymeric and Nicolas
BRUSSELS — The twin boys born to Princess Claire and Prince Laurent on Tuesday night will be named Aymeric and Nicolas.
The names that briefly appeared on the royal website on Wednesday before being removed were therefore correct.
However, only the spelling of one of the names is different: Aymeric and not Emeric. The names of the boys' godfather and godmother are not yet known.
Princess Claire gave birth at the Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc in Brussels shortly before 6pm on Tuesday. Both mother and twins are said to be doing fine........
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=24&story_id=26224&name=Twin+princes+named+Aymeric+and+Nicolas

At the press conference the journalists asked if the couple wanted more than 3 children. Laurent said that he doesn't like the number 3, so maybe, a child will follow. He also said (that's what I read) that they just wanted 2 children, but that God has decided something else...

A photo will of the twins will become I think , when they leave the hospital

When princess Claire and twins leave the hospital?

Gillian said:
she won't be leaving till next week (after cesarean usually a week like Letizia), but might decide to stay with the twins until they are ready to go, hospital bills not being a problem here.;)

kil said:
Hein28.gif

Here are the most given names in 2004 in Belgium !! Nicolas is the number 4 :D

1. Thomas
2. Maxime
3. Lucas
4. Nicolas
5. Robbe
6. Noah
7. Louis
8. Nathan
9. Arthur
10. Simon

Anyway, they are cute names, I kinda like it :)

and nicolas /nicholas are extremely common in other countries...

anyways..its one of my fave names on boys so no complaints from me:D

and emeric is a cooool name tho i think that the french spelling, aymeric is wicked:D *hopes he'll go by that mostly* but i wont b surprised if english sites will spell it emeric in the future

Last edited:
Why should the english websites spell Emeric? They are able to memorize a typical french name.

About names, it's maybe my old-fashioned part :D but I prefer royals with names who are the most given (except if the common names have royal background, like Louise, Sophie, Marie, Anne). I prefer names who are original, a little "chic", not that common, but that sound very royal. Leonor was IMO a perfect choice for that.

all my congratulatios for princes laurent and claire! (better late than never)
i thought aymeric is a really nice and original name.
can't wait to see the photos of the louises new brothers!... :)

purple_platinum said:
Some more pictures from facetoface :

it's so cute to see Laurent's facial expressions..:) :)

And out comes the measuring tape!!! :D:D:D

"This is how big my boys were...yes precisely this long..."

Gillian said:

i have agree with posts because she would stay at hospital for weeks with the baby same CP Letizia had it.

mostly in American mother who stay at hospital for few days about 2-4 days whatever what doctors says will stay at hospital for least days with the baby.

but its hardly see Claire and baby will get out of hospital really soon we have wait and see what happened from their doctor says.

I could imagine though, that if the boys are fine (which they say they are) they would let them go home for xmas. it would be very sad for their daughter not to have the complete family there.

pollyemma said:
I like the name Nicholas very much. Emeric I will have to get used to. ( i know it's not official yet, but there's a good chance these are what it will be)

are either of these family names?
It is Nicolas and Aymeric

melissajames said:
And out comes the measuring tape!!! :D:D:D

"This is how big my boys were...yes precisely this long..."

yes, that is so funny...
Laurent probably top off the other royal fathers with his measuring tape..
the others only guess how big their children are, and wel... he got it correct..
so funny...

from getty :
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM - DECEMBER 16: Queen Paola visits her two new-born grandchildren and parents Prince Laurent and Claire Coumbs. at the Sint- Lukas Hospital on December 15, 2005 in Woluwe, Brussels. The twin boys Aymeric Auguste Marie and Nicolas Casimir Marie born on December 13. The boys are the 11th and 12th grandchildren of King Albert and Queen Paola of Belgium.

Attachments

• 56442515.jpg
    56442515.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 274
  • 56442520.jpg
    56442520.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom