Princess Louise and Princes Nicolas and Aymeric - News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Cute indeed. She has Claire's eyes, without any doubts!
I agree. Claire's appearence is evident in her, more so than Laurent.

martha-louise said:
I think her father knows well enough how important it is in Belgium to speek well Dutch.

A - perhaps - silly question to ask: Why is it important to learn Duch in Belgium? Don't they speak French there? Or is Duch the same as "flämisch"? I always thought it is not the same language, but both very similar to each other, Duch spoken in Holland and "flämisch" (don't know, what is it in English) spoken in Belgium.

Alexandra said:
A - perhaps - silly question to ask: Why is it important to learn Duch in Belgium? Don't they speak French there? Or is Duch the same as "flämisch"? I always thought it is not the same language, but both very similar to each other, Duch spoken in Holland and "flämisch" (don't know, what is it in English) spoken in Belgium.

Well , in Belgium they speak French AND Dutch . In the Netherlands they speak also dutch , but the dutch spoken in Belgium is called flemish. Dutch and flemish or the same , maybe a little different accent , like english is spoken in England and in the USA

Alexandra said:

In Belgium the majority of the population speaks Flemish (very similar to Dutch when written but very different when spoken) a bit like British and American. The other people speak French and there are also some people in the East who speak German. As a result, these 3 languages are the official languages of Belgium.

If you want to catch a glimpse of Nicolas and Aymeric, take a look at the late news on VTM http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
(follow the link above, go to Donderdag 29/06 laat, the clip starts at about 9:45 runtime)

The story behind this news-clip: Laurent spread a whole series of family pictures via the agency Isopix (some of them are displayed in the news). He commissioned Isopix to sell the pictures exclusively to the highest bidding magazine. They asked for around 15.000 Euro and excluded daily papers. Laurent’s intention: He wants to shield his children and does not want their photograph to appear in each press. It is not yet clear, if he wants to donate the money or keep it for himself. Most of the Belgian publishers are apparently not interested in buying the pictures. The editor-in-chief in the vtm news-clip stated, that her magazine was unwilling to pay more than 1.500 Euro. Laurent receives an annual “dotation” of 272.682 Euro from tax money.
This is the first time that a member of the Belgian Royal family tries to sell pictures; usually they are free of charge.
The spokesman of the Palace declared, that the court has not been informed about this concern. He added that this behaviour contradicts the Courts` deontology (~ work ethic). Belgian’s Prime minister Verhofstadt requested Laurent not to sell the pictures.

I don’t understand Laurent’s way of thinking. The Royal Family has a good agreement with the press, as far as I know there are no unwanted snapshots of the royal children (not even from Elisabeth). But from now on Laurent is challenging the paparazzi. I guess he achieves the exact opposite of what was intended.
And most of all its tasteless to offer the pictures of his children just one day after they found the two murdered girls in Liege. But that’s just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Update: It seems that the magazine Story is willing to pay.
Laurent seems to be offended by the hype around the twins. He bemoans that everybody is interested in the pictures, whilst nobody pays attention towards his ecological work. (Well didn´t he encourage the journalists through his nonspecific attitude?)
To be continued

johann said:
Laurent spread a whole series of family pictures via the agency Isopix (some of them are displayed in the news). He commissioned Isopix to sell the pictures exclusively to the highest bidding magazine. They asked for around 15.000 Euro and excluded daily papers.
And most of all its tasteless to offer the pictures of his children just one day after they found the two murdered girls in Liege. But that’s just my humble opinion.
Thank you for translating johann, its a little to Hollywood for my taste, selling you children to the highest bidder, like Branglina just did, and they even for a good cause:eek: And I agree with the timing, I just watched the news from the beginning, first 9 minutes of the terrible tragedy in Liege and then Laurent selling his childrens pictures. Further this might encourrage papparazzi to take pictures of the royals (like Philippes children) and ruin the good relationship the belgian royals seems to have with their press, its a little toughtless IMO

Is "story" the dutch magazine that often has papparazzi pictures of the dutch royals or is this a belgian magazine?

Screen caps from the vTM video posted by johann

Attachments

• Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 283
  • Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-03.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-04.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-05.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Considering the present situation in Belgium I think it's tasteless too, to be honest. Next to that I think it's just too stupid for words that he wants to see money for pictures of his children, while other members of his family are offering them for free (I think, but not for 15.000 euro, that's for sure). I understand that someone wants his privacy and I can even understand that he thinks his ecological issues more interesting for the press than his children, but come on... he's born a royal and yes, that means that you have to share some pics with the public from time to time. :rolleyes:

I think it's strange they do not spread the pictures in public, just like the Dutch royals do... and just like Mathilde and Philippe do. Why do you sell photo's of you twins??? Do they have financial problems??

Larzen said:
Is "story" the dutch magazine that often has papparazzi pictures of the dutch royals or is this a belgian magazine?
Thanks for the screen caps! Story is a Belgian (flemish) magazine. I don’t think it’s related to the Dutch magazine, but I’m not quite sure. According to the Belgian Newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws the magazine Point de Vue bought the rights for France.
Het Laatste Nieuws reports that Laurent didn’t receive any salary for the pics and was in no way involved in the price discovery. It seems that he decided to leave the royal press service out and asked a photographer he is familiar with to take the pictures. This photographer sold it via news agencies; probably he is responsible for the price discovery. So maybe the situation simply got out of control. But even then – Laurent is in the royal business for decades, he ought to have known that this behaviour lays himself open to attack.
With the harsh reaction from the court and the Prime minister and the “bad press”, I would not be surprised if the deal fails. But at least he lives up to his reputation as enfant terrible – it’s never boring with Laurent around.

Last edited:
Latest update: Laurent cancelled the deal and withdraws the pictures. He proclaims he´ s misunderstood and beyond this it wasn’t his intention to exclude certain parts of the press. Much ado about nothing???

Last edited:
That's Laurent! It's always the same, atracking attention in a very clumsy way. Everybody was very understanding that the parents didn't want to show the premature babies the first days. But 'en plus' he let his own grassroot down by waiting for soooo long. And when everybody should be happy to see the two little angels, he turns it into a negative way. My God, Claire must be a very patient and calm person.
And why did he want to protect the babies, against what press? Just decent pictures they chose, what could go wrong with it? Very strange, very very strange. Now and then I understand he is the blacksheep of the family. But ok new chance for Laurent, cause that's Laurent and seemingly he will never change...

The Twins are on cover of Point de Vue

The same goes with this weeks Flemish magazine Story and the Walloon Cine Revue. Laurent obviously didn’t achieve much success in stopping the deal. The editors paid for the pictures and argued that they couldn’t stop the printing process in due time. I wonder how Laurent gets out of this self-created mess. The court seems to be very annoyed by Laurent’s acting, not to mention the political scene. And looking at little Louise – she seems to be bored too.
I hope there will be a photo session with the whole royal family soon, but the situation is pretty tricky.

Lucidu said:
The Twins are on cover of Point de Vue

http://imageshack.us

http://imageshack.us

Thank you Lucidu for sharing the scans. Twins are lovely and that motherly scene in so tender and sweet:) .
I'm still hoping to see more pictures but for now I feel little sad with Louise picture... she looks so alone, by herself:eek: ... but I am sure it's only an impression that will go away after seeing more family pictures.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

How cute:)
Is that only my imagination or Laurent looks younger on this photo?

I hope we became more pictures of the twins, and Louise ofcause !

:) How cute and sweet they are!
Thanks for posting this pics!
I was waiting for them since they were born.:D
We'll hope to see another pictures of them and their elder sister.

I can't wait to buy the mag especially as in Belgium I am quite confident they will be on the cover

can anyone please post the PdV scans a little bigger?:eek::eek::eek:
thanks in advance

The twins are terribly cute (as is little Louise). I can't wait for the new Point de Vue to appear in the stands here, I will definately buy one.

The photos in Point de Vue are so great. Unfortunately I've no scan, but little Louise and her brothers are wonderful cuties.

The pics of the twins (from the forum "les enfants de stars" posted by Pépite)

(Nicolas and Louise)

(at left Nicolas and at right Aymeric)

Thank you Lucidu:)
I love these photos. Good to see them all together after so long. They're so happy and cute family:)

Last edited:
Thank you Lucidu for sharing the pictures.

It is so nice to see the pics in full at last. Babies are gorgeous and big and Louise is so beautiful and happy. Laurent and Claire must feel proud of their bundle of joy!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Thanks for the full size pictures Lucidu! Nicolas and Aymeric seem like very happy little boys and I can't belive how big Louise has gotten. My favorite picture is the last one of Claire with her three children.

How lovely to see the bigger size pictures of Nicolas & Aymeric. Both of them looks very cute & chubby. They will grow into handsome boys, just like their cousins. They all look very normal and seems to grow very good.

I cant believe how much Louise has grown. She looks beautiful & very blonde. I hope the Belgian RF scheduled their official royal family photo session soon, so we can see the kids interacting with their cousins.

Thanks for the pics:)
OMG!
The twins are soo gorgeous and Louise looks like mini-Louise!:D, the resemblance is incredible!
Nicolas and Aymeric look strong and healthy and the picture of Claire with the three kids is too beautiful for words:)

Lucidu, GREAT THANK YOU!
I like the one, where boys are smiling!
It seems all three, especially Louise look more like their mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom