Twin Princes Nicolas and Aymeric for Claire & Laurent

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderfull news !

Laurent , Claire and Louise must be so happy !

Once more, no offense towards anyone intended, but from my personal experience, a nearly-two-years-old girl who just became sister of twins is more likely to think "when will dad and mum bring them at hospital?" or "they won't anymore take care of me" or "I've got the impression I don't exist anymore for them" than "yuppie, a new playmate".

Yes, well, that may happen to young children anyway even with one new baby. I wish these young boys long and healthy boys. Congratulations to Claire and Laurent.

Wow! that is good news.! That brings the total of grandchildren for the King and Queen up to 11 grandchildren. !!!!

Congrats to all!!!!
Linda81

Dennism said:
Yes, well, that may happen to young children anyway even with one new baby. I wish these young boys long and healthy boys. Congratulations to Claire and Laurent.

Yes, even with one. So with two... :rolleyes:

That's wonderful news!!!!!

Congratulations to the parents!
I understand now why Claire's belly was so small; the babies are pretty small... Even fot twins their weight is very little. I hope they'll grow very fast!!!
:)

elenaris said:
Congratulations to the parents!
I understand now why Claire's belly was so small; the babies are pretty small... Even fot twins their weight is very little. I hope they'll grow very fast!!!
:)

It's not anormal weight for twins, in the contrary.

she had a c-section, the baby's are healty. They will anounce the names tomorrow (to keep it excited) that what I just heard on the Belgian radio.

martha-louise said:
That's really a surprise!! I guessed that they would come sooner, but that soon ..!
I was a little bit shocked when I read they only weigh 2kg. I hope that's normal for twins.
Now I can understand why Laurent & Claire weren't present at the batism of Emmanuel :)
Congrats to the happy parents!!
It is not normal for twins, some are much bigger. Mine had roughly the same weight, but were a bit longer. But this does not mean there is anything wrong with them. Mine were not even in a humidicrib. If she had a cortison treatment, which is often done in order to prevent respiratory problems with twins (especially when there is a chance of premature birth), they will probably be fine. Usually they will not be released from hospital until they reach about 2.3 kg just to make sure. They might be kept in neonat for a few days but that is all part of the routine.

And after that the parents are in for some double trouble :D , but I 'm sure after they are through the first tough months they will truely enjoy their double bundles of joy and for bright eyes smiling at them in the morning. Best reward for a tough night ever.

Congrats to the parents.

What wonderful news! Congrats to Claire, Laurent, Louise and all of their families!

weight

Danielane said:
It's not anormal weight for twins, in the contrary.

The weight is ok, but I do not think it is normal for twins, I am a twin and we were born 1 month early and our weight was more thant their... We has to stay some time at the hospital.

I have tried to find more info ont he belgium media but I can't find anything? Nothing oh the website of the monarchy neither. Do you have more news?

elenaris said:
The weight is ok, but I do not think it is normal for twins, I am a twin and we were born 1 month early and our weight was more thant their... We has to stay some time at the hospital.

I have tried to find more info ont he belgium media but I can't find anything? Nothing oh the website of the monarchy neither. Do you have more news?

It happens twins' weight is around kilos. But the twins will for sure need to stay a little at the hospital.

What wonderful news, and a great Christmas present for us.:D Congratulations to Laurent, Claire, Louise, their families, and the rest of Belgium.:) I look forward to tomorrow when we'll know the names.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I was RIGHT!!! Both boys!!! I'm batting 3 for 3!! :D

Congrats to the parents, big sister, and the Belgians!

What great news! The twin's weight is pretty normal considering they were born early Claire reportedly wasn't due until January.;)

This is excellent news. Congratulations to Claire, Laurent and Louise. I hope Claire and the boys are doing well. I'm just so very happy. :) I can't wait to hear their names and to see some photos of them all.

Great news for the family. I wonder if they are fraternal or identical twins. Can't wait to see pictures of the boys & the whole family together.

Wow! Wonderful news! :p
Are these boys the first twin boys born to the Belgian RF? :rolleyes:

Congratulations to the princes :)

That's great news! Congratulations to Laurent and Claire. As long as the babies are healthy:)

Woo!!Wonderful news!!Congrats to Laurent and Claire:) , two boys lolol, yah so other royal girls later maybe fall in love alot;)

#1: Getty images-Belgium's King Albert II and Queen Paola leave the St-Luc hospital in Brussels after visiting Princess Claire, wife of Prince Laurent, who gave birth to twin brothers, 13 December 2005. The twins, reported by the palace to be in fine health, have a sister Louise who was born on February 6, 2004. Prince Laurent is the youngest of King Albert II's three children.
#2: AAP images

Attachments

• 56426698.jpg
    56426698.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 394
  • 00595684.jpg
    00595684.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Congratulations to the parents and the royal family! =) As mentioned before 2005 has definitely been the royal baby boom!

melissajames said:
Wow! Wonderful news! :p
Are these boys the first twin boys born to the Belgian RF? :rolleyes:

I am not quite sure about that, but I know that Laurent has twin cousins in Luxembourg:
Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein and Prince Jean jr.. Also his other cousin, Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg has twins, again a boy and a girl...

Congratulations to the proud parents and the older sister, always is great to have new royal babies. I hope we can see the mother and the new princes very soon :rolleyes:

Thank you for the photo, mandyy! I was wondering if any of the royals would visit tonight or if they would wait until tomorrow. Is there any news at all about the birth? Is everyone healthy? C-Section? I'll be looking forward to news when I get up tomorrow!

The babies are with a low weight, but Im not sure how was the delivery..if natural way or c-section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom