Guillaume and Stéphanie: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
438pxgreatercoatofarmso.png

The Greater Coat of Arms of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Countess Stéphanie de Lannoy
Wedding Suggestions and Musings

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...r-guillaume-and-st-phanies-wedding-32972.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...llaume-and-st-phanie-civil-wedding-33777.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...laume-and-st-phanie-church-wedding-33778.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you be stoned, Fürstin Taxis? For expressing your opinion? That's one thing all of us have right to. :)
It would be a really boring place if we all thought the same. Personally I find Stephanie quite endearing but ithat's my subjective opinion.

Will this be a tiara and white tie wedding?

Will this be a tiara and white tie wedding?

Luxembourg weddings are usually morning events, like his parents in 1981 and his paternal aunts and uncles, but I suppose there is an outside chance they might opt for something grander.

I hope it's a tiara event. I can't wait to see all the royal and noble guests!

Luxembourg weddings are usually morning events, like his parents in 1981 and his paternal aunts and uncles, but I suppose there is an outside chance they might opt for something grander.
Don't think the Wedding itself will be white tie but perhaps there is a Chance that thee will be a white tie Ball the evening before. If they follow the same dress Code as for the Weddings of Grand Duke Henri and the Princesses Marie Aastrid and Margaretha the woman will wear long gowns with hats the same as at Prinsjedag in the Netherlands.

Don't think the Wedding itself will be white tie but perhaps there is a Chance that thee will be a white tie Ball the evening before. If they follow the same dress Code as for the Weddings of Grand Duke Henri and the Princesses Marie Aastrid and Margaretha the woman will wear long gowns with hats the same as at Prinsjedag in the Netherlands.

Looks like white tie weddings are only popular in the scandinavian RFs.
Such a pity for us "tiaraholics" :lol:

Looks like white tie weddings are only popular in the scandinavian RFs.
Such a pity for us "tiaraholics" :lol:

because there the Weddings take usually place in the afternoon and are followed by a Dinner and Ball in the envening. In the other countries the Ball (if there is one) s usually held 1 or 2 days before the Wedding and the Wedding itself in the late morning/noon and the followed by a Dinner. Until the 1960's there where always 1 or 2 white tie Balls/Dinners before the Wedding but unfortunately this is not the case anymore.

AArgh :eek:! I hope that they won't go for that unfortunate Prinsjesdag look! It's about time to break that tradition.
Of course, the wedding of Louis and Tessy was much more low key, so it is not necessarily a guideline. But iirc, it was hats and and short dresses.
A good solution would be the Monaco version: morning wedding with a white tie reception in the evening. I'm already dreaming: How many rarely seen tiaras might big dusted off for such a party. I'd gladly help to figure out how tiaras should be distributed amoung the family members :D.

Speaking about tiaras: do we need a wedding tiara speculation thread know?

I wonder what her wedding tiara will be! Here are Maria Tersea's tiaras.

My predictions: Congo Diamond necklace tiara, Diamond Floral tiara 1#, and Diamond Floral tiara 2#. I personally don't like the Congo; not my favorite. I personally think the two floral tiaras are great wedding tiaras.

I think Stephanie might use a family tiara; there is certain to be one in her family.
On the other hand, this is the wedding of a Hereditary Grand Duchess so a Luxembourg royal tiara might be used; my bet would be one of the two tiaras Maria Teresa used for her wedding - Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara or Belgian Scroll Tiara. Personally I'm hoping it will be the Belgian Scroll Tiara; it's a proper stunner!

Last edited:
I wonder what her wedding tiara will be! Here are Maria Tersea's tiaras.

My predictions: Congo Diamond necklace tiara, Diamond Floral tiara 1#, and Diamond Floral tiara 2#. I personally don't like the Congo; not my favorite. I personally think the two floral tiaras are great wedding tiaras.

She from an old high noble house; she may have family tiaras to choose from.

She from an old high noble house; she may have family tiaras to choose from.

Yes I know, but you never know. :) If she does then I wonder what they look like!

Last edited:
Since Guillaume is a direct heir, most if not all the Gotha will send their "first string Royals" to the wedding, am I correct?

Will Britain send the Cambridges or the Wessexes, I wonder?

If Princess Ariane of the Netherlands will be bridesmaid?

Moonmaiden23 said:
Since Guillaume is a direct heir, most if not all the Gotha will send their "first string Royals" to the wedding, am I correct?

I would love to see the Cambridge's go to the wedding! Maybe they can send both?

But what about Charles and Camilla?

I think Stephanie might use a family tiara; there is certain to be one in her family.
On the other hand, this is the wedding of a Hereditary Grand Duchess so a Luxembourg royal tiara might be used; my bet would be one of the two tiaras Maria Teresa used for her wedding - Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara or Belgian Scroll Tiara. Personally I'm hoping it will be the Belgian Scroll Tiara; it's a proper stunner!
It was Joséphine-Charlotte not Maria Teresa who used different tiaras for the Ceremony and official photos. Maria Teresa wore only the Congo Necklace Tiara.

I wonder who will design her wedding gown...Maybe Elie Saab, a favorite of Grand Duchess MariaTeresa ?

I wonder who will design her wedding gown...Maybe Elie Saab, a favorite of Grand Duchess MariaTeresa ?

Natan will also make a good chance, a Belgian house and also one of Maria Teresa's favorites.

If Princess Ariane of the Netherlands will be bridesmaid?
i think she will!!!! Guillaume is godfather to Ariane and Emmanuel of Belgium. so i think who will be bridesmaid and pageboys are Guillaume's nephews Noah and Gabriel, Ariane of Netherlands, Emmanuel of Belgium and to be expected some nephews/nieces that Stephanie might have.

Moonmaiden23 said:

Guillaume went to William and Catherine's wedding so there's a chance, for Edward and Sophie i guess they will go, because they are the representative of the Birtish royal house to these kind of royal events.

Oh please not Natan. The designer can't even make proper daytime outfits.
Elie Saab would be a great choice but I wouldn't also mind another designer but anyone but not Natan.

Re tiaras, a family tiara would be nice to use but I think she would wear a tiara from the Luxembourg collection.

I hope this will be a big wedding celebration over 2-3 days. Would Kings & Queens come to the wedding or might they just send Crown Prince & Crown Princesses instead?

this is a wedding of an Heir to the throne, so this will be a state's event.

Oh please not Natan. The designer can't even make proper daytime outfits.
Elie Saab would be a great choice but I wouldn't also mind another designer but anyone but not Natan.

Re tiaras, a family tiara would be nice to use but I think she would wear a tiara from the Luxembourg collection.

I hope this will be a big wedding celebration over 2-3 days. Would Kings & Queens come to the wedding or might they just send Crown Prince & Crown Princesses instead?

If she does pick Natan, I personally think the designer would do a great job since he made Mathilde's and Claire's wedding dresses, which were very beautiful to me.

Last edited:
I agree with Dazzling about Natan! I have yet to see one of their designs which I like. They just look stiff and bold to me. Whereas Elie Saab's dresses often have such a flowing lightness (I hope you get what I mean). Just remember Victoria's pre-wedding dress, what a masterpiece!!!
But then it would be quite appropriate to have a local designer. Is there anyone else from Luxembourg or Belgium?

i think she will!!!! Guillaume is godfather to Ariane and Emmanuel of Belgium. so i think who will be bridesmaid and pageboys are Guillaume's nephews Noah and Gabriel, Ariane of Netherlands, Emmanuel of Belgium and to be expected some nephews/nieces that Stephanie might have.

:previous:
That would be very nice to see sweet Ariane and Emmanuel participate at wedding of hers/his godfather :) :flowers:

I suspect the guest list will look like this(i may miss some people out):
The Earl and Countess of Wessex (UK - wouldn't be wholly surprised if some one less in the rankings was sent)
Fred and Mary (Denmark)
Queen Beatrix, W-A and Maxima, Constantijn and Laurentien (netherlands)
King & Queen of Sweden, Victoria and Daniel, Carl Philip (Sweden)
Haakon and Mette-Marit, Martha Louise and Ari Behn (Norway)
King and Queen of Belgium, Brabants, Astrid Lorenz and children (Belgium)
Albert and Charlene (Monaco)

don't know about Greek Royals, are any of them especially close to the Luxembourg Royals?

I think Stephanie will wear her family tiara if she has one, because i think it could be the only occasion she has to wear it (after marriage she should wear the tiaras of the Luxembourg royal family). It would be also a way to honour her family.

I think Stephanie will wear her family tiara if she has one, because i think it could be the only occasion she has to wear it (after marriage she should wear the tiaras of the Luxembourg royal family). It would be also a way to honour her family.

I agree, i think if the family have one she will wear it, like you say she'll be able to wear the Luxembourg tiaras for the rest of her life.

Are there any days which are not "free" for a wedding (holidays of the LRF, government events,...)?

I doubt that the wedding will take place during the Olympics. Too many Royals will be busy supporting their countries in London then.

I suspect the guest list will look like this(i may miss some people out):
The Earl and Countess of Wessex (UK - wouldn't be wholly surprised if some one less in the rankings was sent)
Fred and Mary (Denmark)
Queen Beatrix, W-A and Maxima, Constantijn and Laurentien (netherlands)
King & Queen of Sweden, Victoria and Daniel, Carl Philip (Sweden)
Haakon and Mette-Marit, Martha Louise and Ari Behn (Norway)
King and Queen of Belgium, Brabants, Astrid Lorenz and children (Belgium)
Albert and Charlene (Monaco)

don't know about Greek Royals, are any of them especially close to the Luxembourg Royals?

Actually at the Wedding of Henri and Maria Teresa send the Duke of Edinburgh and from Denmark Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik and from Norway King Olav. The Kings of Sweden and Spain send their sisters (Princess Crhistina and Infanta Margarita) and the Netherlands where represented through Princess Margriet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom